Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Many thanks [CLOSED]
rsmith11 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#1 Posted: 16:27:22 27/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I know this will probably seem stupid to most but I want to send a big thank you out to the host of this site and to everyone who makes it easier for all of us parents to beat the scalpers to the punch. Because of you guys, I scored both a Ninjini (I was #7 out of 12) and Molten HD this morning. Because of you, I was able to show up at Game stop and get Eye Brawl and Thumpback the day they came out. I could continue to go on but I think one, big THANKS is sufficient.

Before the flood of comments about waiting or spoiling my kids... We use these as random rewards for my kids "doing their jobs" or allow them to use their allowance in our "store." It makes for a much nicer reward when they know the figures are coming but they haven't seen a bajillion of them at the stores!

Again, many thanks to everyone.
BahamutBreaker Yellow Sparx Gems: 1191
#2 Posted: 16:31:20 27/02/2013
Your post is not stupid, RSmith11.

I fully agree with your statement and would like to express my gratitude to this forum as well.

I also use the Skylanders characters as a reward/incentive to encourage my young children to maintain good behavior and adherence to their responsibilities and chores. It works WAY better than candy or ice cream, and doesn't rot their teeth. :-)
Some people will always have different opinions on anything that parents do, but I, for one, applaud you.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
jstewie23 Blue Sparx Gems: 967
#3 Posted: 16:53:48 27/02/2013
I agree as well. This site has helped me hunt down and be prepared for all of these crazy releases. The joy these things bring to my kids' faces makes all of this completely worth it, so definite thanks to everyone on here that helps contribute!
---
Have extra Amazon FS, GITD FR, Pumpkin FR, Jade FW, Molten HD, TF Chop Chop, Scarlet Ninjini, QDRS
esmeraude Green Sparx Gems: 499
#4 Posted: 17:01:50 27/02/2013
Same here! My 5 y/o son and 14 y/o daughter love the game. We discovered it Christmas 2012 and fell in love. This forum has been an amazing source of information. I never got the HTA email from TRU so I never would have known that Ninjini was being released today. It's also been a great way to learn which Skylanders are still out in the wild so I haven't had to turn to ebay to pay ridiculous prices. Patience pays off! Now if only I could randomly come across a Boomer. I know he's out there waiting for me to find him! smilie
DarkBigDog Blue Sparx Gems: 785
#5 Posted: 17:05:58 27/02/2013
I got my Boomer on eBay for the relative low price of $25 shipped. However, its just a game of luck to snag a good price. I hope you have better luck getting him retail. I am still holding out hope to find a retail Darklight Crypt someday.
---
Only getting new characters this time. No more reposes!
esmeraude Green Sparx Gems: 499
#6 Posted: 17:13:11 27/02/2013
I got lucky with Darklight Crypt. I walked in to a Walmart straight out of the 1980's (small, dark, cluttered), looking for a Terrafin or a Bash and they had 2 Darklight Crypt boxes. My friend is still mad that I didn't get her the 2nd one but I didn't realize at the time that they were hard to find. I just knew it was the only way to get Ghost Roaster.
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#7 Posted: 17:16:29 27/02/2013
I like to use this site to help other people and avoid the scalpers! I really enjoy seeing kids get things they want. We all want this skylander or that one, however the real joy is seeing the kids get what they want.
iBrawl Green Sparx Gems: 160
#8 Posted: 17:17:00 27/02/2013
This forum has helped me a great deal in finding various figures for my son and for that I am thankful.
Daxious Gold Sparx Gems: 2392
#9 Posted: 17:20:16 27/02/2013
This forum is great, probably one of the more helpful ones out there. Great community of people who really try to look out for each other. Good stuff indeed.
DarkPr1nce Blue Sparx Gems: 700
#10 Posted: 17:50:29 27/02/2013
I'm with ya. This is the only real source of information at all about finding skylanders without paying an arm and a leg. I've been an avid collector/player since day one, and this site really helped me manage my search much easier. Before I became a member of this site, I paid $55 for Dragon's Peak, $40 for Warnado, and almost broke the bank on how much I was willing to spend for Wham Shell. But then I found this and was able to know where to go and when and what was a decent price, and despite the forum having a few obvious trolls, we do have some of the best sources of real info around (GameMaster78, UncleBob, etc.). Kudos to darkspyro!
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 04:13:04 01/03/2013
Quote: rsmith11
I know this will probably seem stupid to most but I want to send a big thank you out to the host of this site and to everyone who makes it easier for all of us parents to beat the scalpers to the punch. Because of you guys, I scored both a Ninjini (I was #7 out of 12) and Molten HD this morning. Because of you, I was able to show up at Game stop and get Eye Brawl and Thumpback the day they came out. I could continue to go on but I think one, big THANKS is sufficient.

Before the flood of comments about waiting or spoiling my kids... We use these as random rewards for my kids "doing their jobs" or allow them to use their allowance in our "store." It makes for a much nicer reward when they know the figures are coming but they haven't seen a bajillion of them at the stores!

Again, many thanks to everyone.

Yep, without this place I wouldn't have a snow-ball's chance at a Hot Head party. And the adventure getting to the figure has been a blast too.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#12 Posted: 04:27:23 01/03/2013
I will probably succumb to Ebay for both Boomer and Dino Rang...but I'm holding out hope that both of them are going to be re-released with Swap Force and waiting on announcement of the ones being released with that game beforel I do so. I don't need one of each series so I don't buy reposes...Just 1 of each character. If not re-released with Swap Force, some reseller is going to have a nice payday off of yours truly. Hopefully the Swap force reposes also work backwards like Giants reposes did backwards to Spyro's Adventure-as that could be a dealbreaker as well as I'd much prefer a character that works with all 3 games than just 1. *crosses fingers*
---
Here we go again...!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:28:40 01/03/2013 by Skylanders Dad
Sharkz2001 Green Sparx Gems: 493
#13 Posted: 04:36:14 01/03/2013
Quote: Skylanders Dad
I will probably succumb to Ebay for both Boomer and Dino Rang...but I'm holding out hope that both of them are going to be re-released with Swap Force and waiting on announcement of the ones being released with that game beforel I do so. I don't need one of each series so I don't buy reposes...Just 1 of each character. If not re-released with Swap Force, some reseller is going to have a nice payday off of yours truly. Hopefully the Swap force reposes also work backwards like Giants reposes did backwards to Spyro's Adventure-as that could be a dealbreaker as well as I'd much prefer a character that works with all 3 games than just 1. *crosses fingers*

Looks like you can pick up a Dino-Rang off ebay for about $20 if you didn't wanna chance it. Boomer is still ridiculously priced.
---
I'm back for Swap Force!
bo1500000 Blue Sparx Gems: 554
#14 Posted: 04:38:55 01/03/2013
Quote: Skylanders Dad

Dino Rang is 14.99 thru amazon via reseller with prime (meaning it is at the amazon warehouse) bran new.
nickryan Green Sparx Gems: 386
#15 Posted: 18:14:52 01/03/2013
AS much fighting and bickering back and fourth there is on this forum I couldn't have gotten half my collection without it.
I just wanted to make a topic thanking everyone that has taken the time to post links to sells, links to new figures, news on release dates, price comparisons so we don't get ripped off, and even the few trades ive done on here went off without a Problem. I finally completed my series 1 with a boomer thanks to cbunny on this site.. Heard about ninjini on here, the sidekicks at gamestop, eyebrawl and thumpy, molten hotdog on walmart.com just to name a few. So post your stories here if you wanna give a member a little thanks.
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#16 Posted: 18:27:32 01/03/2013
I'd also like to thank the people on the board who are helpful. Like you said theres still speculation on some topics, but i wouldnt have known about legendary chill being released in canada, and to be able to buy it the same day i saw it on here, if it wasnt for me following the good people here. I also learned about employee prism break, the blue/green variants of prism break and especially the flocked stump smash and side kicks.

My favorite thing about this board, is that no matter where in canada new figures are released, i know i can pretty much run out to a toys r us, and my area has the same stuff. The same day that some one else reports finding it smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:29:59 01/03/2013 by Tupelo
Shawn Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#17 Posted: 18:32:10 01/03/2013
I will also jump in on this. To those who are on the inside or just happen to get access to info before anyone else please don't let the fighting and the naysayers deter you from divulging the info. I have found this site incredibly helpful in finding these things for my children. Last year I felt lost trying to keep up but thanks to this site Giants has been a lot easier to handle. Thank you to all!
---
Where's me goats?
Moondrake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1032
#18 Posted: 18:49:12 01/03/2013
There is already a "Thank you" thread. The last post in it was today even. Do we really need another one??

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=75427 <---------Thank you thread.
nickryan Green Sparx Gems: 386
#19 Posted: 18:55:00 01/03/2013
I really think we should have a members trading forum, ive traded with some good people on here with no problems. I got an extra ninjini the other day and put it on ebay and they drove the price to 60 bucks as glad as I am for the extra cash I would have traded it to a member on here or sold it for retail to know a good person will enjoy it with their kids or put it in their collection. all we would need is a way to leave feedback on other members who rip you off and have a limit. on trades no whole series collections for cash or anything. Do you guys think it would work, O and I For got to THANK DARK52 I guess he is the creator of the site, if it wasn't for him none of this would be here

^THIS this site also has the worst forum police I have ever seen , sorry I made another topic thanking the creator and posters being on top of things, acouple of people will post here tell a nice story or two and it will die why take your time and point out something like that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:05:11 01/03/2013 by nickryan
#20 Posted: 21:20:50 01/03/2013
Quote: Moondrake
There is already a "Thank you" thread. The last post in it was today even. Do we really need another one??

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=75427 <---------Thank you thread.

I'd suggest to the admin/mod staff here that these two threads should be merged and stickied.
---
"Who was harmed here---some six year olds who went to bed crying because there's no Enchanted Trap Shadow?"
Bazinga Blue Sparx Gems: 884
#21 Posted: 21:52:28 01/03/2013
I'll throw my two cents in on the whole trading thing. Last week we had a big long thread about having a trading option on here. I personally don't see anything wrong with doing that. However, the reason given for not having a trading site is A) It would attract scalpers. B. That is/was not intended for this site. I have said that we have people on here that don't post and lurk in the background that are scalpers and as soon as they see something posted they go and take advantage.

Here is where I stand on it. I don't run this site so I don't know the ins and outs of doing something like a rating system that was mentioned earlier but it is a good idea. Also, word of "mouth" runs rampant on this site. Screw one person you would be done. With all of that being said, I understand why dark52 does not want trading on the site. It is not what the site was made for. He doesn't want to be involved in anything that went bad. I wish it would be allowed to put stuff back in our Signature boxes as I don't think that it is a big deal to do that. Anyways..... Carry on!
#22 Posted: 22:00:31 01/03/2013
Agreed, Bazinga. My two cents is that trading could easily be achieved at other websites, and this forum should be reserved for communication, Q&A, and a sense of community among non-scalper Skylander fans/collectors.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me