Page 1 of 1
I have a theory... [CLOSED]
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#1 Posted: 20:33:53 11/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I believe that the "Forgotten"8 will remain forgotten, because they are Releasing Series 3 If say, Sunburn were to be re-released, he would be Series 2, not 3.

Then again maybe i'm just over thinking it.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#2 Posted: 20:37:15 11/02/2013
although id like the idea of them not re-releasing them (as i have them and it makes them more rare smilie )
i cant see it happening due to the fact that it doesnt make good business sense, i believe theyre calling it 'series 3' simply because
its in the 3rd game and its easier to say then 'series 2 and 3' which could also cause confusion as some would refer think 'didnt we already get series 2?'
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#3 Posted: 20:37:21 11/02/2013
You're over thinking it.
#4 Posted: 20:40:03 11/02/2013
My take on the statement of 16 reposed returning - 8 remaining characters from Spyro's Adventure for a repose. 4 of the "flagship" Skylanders for a 3rd pose. 4 of the base Skylanders from Giants for a repose.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:40:36 11/02/2013 by GothamLord
onga999 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1152
#5 Posted: 20:53:51 11/02/2013
They arent saying that all the rereleased skylanders will be series 3, all they have said is that they will all be returning favorites from past games.
---
just missing 7 skylanders.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#6 Posted: 20:58:13 11/02/2013
Quote: IJJusion
although id like the idea of them not re-releasing them (as i have them and it makes them more rare smilie )
i cant see it happening due to the fact that it doesnt make good business sense, i believe theyre calling it 'series 3' simply because
its in the 3rd game and its easier to say then 'series 2 and 3' which could also cause confusion as some would refer think 'didnt we already get series 2?'

No.Just...no. That makes no sense. Series 2 implies second in the line and Series 3 implies third.

Quote: onga999
They arent saying that all the rereleased skylanders will be series 3, all they have said is that they will all be returning favorites from past games.

Exactly! This implies there are both Series 2s and Series 3s.
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#7 Posted: 20:58:23 11/02/2013
not s3 but they are "returning fan favorites" that will be reposed and added new abilities. it was also mentioned in an an interview way back that we might see boomer again. that we really hope.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#8 Posted: 21:17:27 11/02/2013
I think that they are only re-reposing s2 and none of the s1.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#9 Posted: 21:26:20 11/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: azz01
I think that they are only re-reposing s2 and none of the s1.

This is pretty much what I'm saying.
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#10 Posted: 21:35:51 11/02/2013
I don't think it means the SSA leftoutties won't be included. The main reason Warnado, Camo, and Whamshell weren't even considered for SG S2s was that they had just been released only 5/6 months before SG was released. Now that reason is no longer valid for SSF.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#11 Posted: 21:41:02 11/02/2013
The reposes allowed for players to switch paths on the characters. Not releasing the remaining 8 wouldn't make sense.

Collectors will buy them, for just the fact to have complete sets.

New players will buy them, because they are more options for them.

Fans of the characters that want to be able to switch paths and get the added Wow Pow will buy them.
tGrimm Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#12 Posted: 21:55:49 11/02/2013
It'd be great if down the line they'd do like the Lego Star Wars games did and release a Skylanders: Games 1,2, & 3 that had been refitted to allow all figures to play on all games.
---
Yeah, I'm major OCD - I have them all, every one of them, and most of the easy to find variants. My favorite is Quick Draw Rattle Shake!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#13 Posted: 22:38:34 11/02/2013
They haven't ever said the term 'Series 3' officially. It is assumed that Stealth Elf will be a Series 3 figure, but that doesn't mean that there won't be series 2 figures too. The only thing they've officially said is 'returning fan favourites'.
#14 Posted: 23:49:05 11/02/2013
theres been an interview where the skylanders rep said 'series 3' i believe their official stance is 'returning favorites' perhaps it was a slip of the tongue as thats what all (most) players call the returning favorites.
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#15 Posted: 06:22:36 12/02/2013
Quote: CommanderGame
I have a theory....

Maybe it was bunnies?
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#16 Posted: 06:39:02 12/02/2013
Quote: Zylek
I don't think it means the SSA leftoutties won't be included. The main reason Warnado, Camo, and Whamshell weren't even considered for SG S2s was that they had just been released only 5/6 months before SG was released. Now that reason is no longer valid for SSF.

I just thought the reason Camo, Warnado and Wham-Shell weren't getting a s2 re-pose was the fact that they were the rarest.

Although Camo and Warnado were not rare in NZ.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#17 Posted: 07:15:12 12/02/2013
^

can still find them in stores now in NZ haha,

i believe the reason behind it was they were a later wave in the original SSA, so it didnt make sense to remake them as they were just released a few months before the new game.
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#18 Posted: 08:22:30 12/02/2013
I see it this way...
They say fan favorites, so I would have to believe that the S1 figures that did not make the S2 cut are not considered fan favorites. I also believe that Camo/Warnado/Wham-Shell could be the exeption to the rule and could include them since they were the last of the S1 to be released and was not out on the shelfs long enough (before Giants was released) to get a result of being a fan favorite. Sunburn could also be in the repose release since it was the last Adventure Pack to be on the shelves.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:23:42 12/02/2013 by dinoah2005
#19 Posted: 10:54:31 12/02/2013
Characters like Ghost Roaster and Sunburn didnt get reposes because they still wanted to sell Adventure Packs. Wham-Shell got put into a specialty package where you got him when you purchased one of those cheap storage containers for your figures. They want to sell that piece so they arent going to repose him.

[User Posted Image]

Warnado and Camo were released late at the end of the SSA run and stock of those needed to be sold before they could warrant dropping down a repose. Why buy the older version, when the newer one was better? There are 5 of your 8 characters right there. The others probably just got the short end of the straw because of others getting reposes and lightforce versions made.

The developers claiming "fan favorites" I doubt has anything to do with popularity all that much. Its a keyword used to promote sales and keep interest high. We'll see the remaining 8 get reposes just for the fact they know people will buy them to get their wow pow and the ability to switch paths. The collectors will buy them because they are collectors.
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#20 Posted: 11:52:09 12/02/2013
No employee said series 3! The fan base have named them series 3! They said returning fan favorites for a reason, that's why I think the 8 unreposed are coming back. (Plus I never got the chance to get them.)
#21 Posted: 14:33:49 12/02/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz
No employee said series 3! The fan base have named them series 3! They said returning fan favorites for a reason, that's why I think the 8 unreposed are coming back. (Plus I never got the chance to get them.)

Of course they are going to call them "fan favorites" What? are they going to call them "those characters the fans don't really like but we're gonna make them buy again anyway"? People are reading waaaay too much into the exact wording of "returning fan favorites" It's just 16 reposes of already released characters. We really can't say much beyond that (other than Stealth Elf is one of them).
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#22 Posted: 15:24:36 12/02/2013
i really think it would be wise from a business stand point to bring back the missing 8. Everyone who missed out on them, or just started playing, OR like them will re buy them for sure.
#23 Posted: 15:32:00 12/02/2013
Quote: Tupelo
i really think it would be wise from a business stand point to bring back the missing 8. Everyone who missed out on them, or just started playing, OR like them will re buy them for sure.

there's a good reason for them to do so, not because they care about the fans being able to find them or not, but because they have to program the characters into the game anyway. It would become very disheartening to the programmers to be working on Wham shell animation for Swap Force with the knowledge that very few people will ever be playing him. Simply because they have promised each game will be backwards compatible, I suspect that no character will ever be "lost" for very long
---
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#24 Posted: 15:59:39 12/02/2013
To be fair about the adventure pack sales thing, we have s2 terrafin and slam bam.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Teratron Yellow Sparx Gems: 1796
#25 Posted: 15:31:10 14/02/2013
Quote: DragonsDream
I have a theory....

Maybe it was bunnies?

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes.
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#26 Posted: 17:01:20 14/02/2013
I hope an S2/S3 Camo comes out.
---
Im so proud of you
#27 Posted: 18:15:18 14/02/2013
Quote: Teratron
I have a theory....

Maybe it was bunnies?

Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes.

They've got those hoppy legs and twitchy little noses
---
#28 Posted: 19:23:47 14/02/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz

interview posted last week had an employee saying series 3.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#29 Posted: 19:24:20 14/02/2013
why are we talking about bunnies?!?!?
---
you never saw me
Teratron Yellow Sparx Gems: 1796
#30 Posted: 20:01:05 14/02/2013
Quote: I-Brawler
why are we talking about bunnies?!?!?

Better question: What's with all the carrots? What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#31 Posted: 20:12:24 14/02/2013
I think that they will make 8 Series 2 figures for the reposed, and 8 Series 2 Core figures from Giants, so that there would still be 8 unreposed. Then in Game 4 they'll repose 24 from SwapForce, and the 8 Giants, and 8 SwapForce Skylanders will be left out.
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#32 Posted: 20:50:07 14/02/2013
Boomer was confirmed if I'm not mistaken. But yes there will be old figures returning. As for rather they'll be called series 3 or Series 2 it's not sure yet. Plus the way they talk, the new "series 3" wow pow may replace the series 2 wow pow. This means that they could have the "returning fan favorites" all be Series 3 meaning that it's called series 3 because it's the 3rd series of Skylanders.

However, it's interesting to take note of Stealth Elf. The only "series 3" shown. She's got a new outfit and new weapons. So does the new outfit have to do with the series 3 or is it exclusively to Stealth Elf (Like her new wow pow.) Another note is that the reposes of the figures. in series 1 it was them without any upgrades. Series 2 showed them with one of their upgrades. (Stealth Elf with her upgraded daggers). But Series 3 so far isn't showing Stealth Elf's known upgrades. So it's possible that the new outfit will be available to all Series 3 and the upgradded daggers are her new wow pow. Or it's possible that their both apart of her new wow pow. We'll be able to tell a little bit more once we see some other "series 3"s
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
CaptainPenguin Red Sparx Gems: 42
#33 Posted: 00:02:02 15/02/2013
"Fan Favorites"
Most fans would want the unreposed 8 if they don't do this they will drop some fans, for that reason.
Like DragonsDream said they are reanimating every character and some animator will sit there and think why they are reanimating The Lost 8 when a lot of people won't play as them.
My theory is the lost 8, 4 Giants newlanders and 4 SSA skylanders.
---
I have- smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Need Thumpback,Eye Brawl,and Hotdog
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#34 Posted: 04:10:26 15/02/2013
Quote: JCat
Boomer was confirmed if I'm not mistaken. But yes there will be old figures returning. As for rather they'll be called series 3 or Series 2 it's not sure yet. Plus the way they talk, the new "series 3" wow pow may replace the series 2 wow pow. This means that they could have the "returning fan favorites" all be Series 3 meaning that it's called series 3 because it's the 3rd series of Skylanders.

However, it's interesting to take note of Stealth Elf. The only "series 3" shown. She's got a new outfit and new weapons. So does the new outfit have to do with the series 3 or is it exclusively to Stealth Elf (Like her new wow pow.) Another note is that the reposes of the figures. in series 1 it was them without any upgrades. Series 2 showed them with one of their upgrades. (Stealth Elf with her upgraded daggers). But Series 3 so far isn't showing Stealth Elf's known upgrades. So it's possible that the new outfit will be available to all Series 3 and the upgradded daggers are her new wow pow. Or it's possible that their both apart of her new wow pow. We'll be able to tell a little bit more once we see some other "series 3"s
maybe they made a third path for them (unlikely but possible) but I would love the new outfit kind of thing but what dbout spyro who doesn't wear clothes. And and when say s1 have no upgrades, warnado was riding a tornado which is his THIRD attack.
---
Dead
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#35 Posted: 05:40:00 15/02/2013
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: JCat

maybe they made a third path for them (unlikely but possible) but I would love the new outfit kind of thing but what dbout spyro who doesn't wear clothes. And and when say s1 have no upgrades, warnado was riding a tornado which is his THIRD attack.

But did Warnado have the attack in the 3DS version? As for Spyro they could do something like in Legend of Spyro Dawn of the dragon where he could wear special armor. So it's still possible to give characters new outfits.

As for the thrid path I've seen some interviews and they just talk about the swaping paths is coming back and they are getting a new wow pow. Though I'm pretty sure that question came up in one of the interviews and they said they didn't have a 3rd upgrade path. (I could be mistaken.) However, when the series 2 were talked about the main things they talked about was they were "returning favotires" with new poses and a new ability. Honestly, I never heard about the path swaping ability til after I got one.

Plus if they did add a new thing like a 3rd path I'd prefer if they made it where after you buy an upgrade you could turn it on and off. Like Chill's upgraded armor.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
#36 Posted: 11:13:39 15/02/2013
Boomer was NOT confirmed. He was discussed and it was hinted that maybe it was time for Boomer to come back, but it was not "confirmed" (confirmed = someone from Activision saying specifically that Boomer is getting a new toy as part of the Swap Force line.)
---
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#37 Posted: 12:17:38 15/02/2013
You're probably overthinking it. Since when has Activision ever thought? Except about money.>__>
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#38 Posted: 22:46:45 15/02/2013
None of the skylanders will be "worth" anything unless collectors are willing to pony up to have all series characters. In my mind the minute boomer and dino rang and ghost roaster get announced for S3 you'll see S1 character go back to at or below original purchase price.

Long term only the chase or toy fair variants will remain in demand and high price. The rest is fodder.

Quote: Tupelo

there's a good reason for them to do so, not because they care about the fans being able to find them or not, but because they have to program the characters into the game anyway. It would become very disheartening to the programmers to be working on Wham shell animation for Swap Force with the knowledge that very few people will ever be playing him. Simply because they have promised each game will be backwards compatible, I suspect that no character will ever be "lost" for very long

Winner winner chicken dinner.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:50:39 15/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
#39 Posted: 23:04:28 15/02/2013
People who think Skylanders will be worth something 5 years make me laugh. Real collectable status doesn't happen until at least 10 years (see: My Little Pony, G.I. Joe, BARBIE). It needs to be a well-established (and mainly still running) entity before any of them are worth more than what they're worth now (variants aside).
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#40 Posted: 23:22:06 15/02/2013
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
People who think Skylanders will be worth something 5 years make me laugh. Real collectable status doesn't happen until at least 10 years (see: My Little Pony, G.I. Joe, BARBIE). It needs to be a well-established (and mainly still running) entity before any of them are worth more than what they're worth now (variants aside).

The collectors mindset is everywhere these days, just look at how many people on these boards keep all their skylanders sealed.
Collector Value is based on two things which are demand and availability if there is lots of demand and no is selling then the price will be high. If every one has then and they are easy to come by then the price will be average to low.

If you are buying in the hope that they will be worth money in the future you are doing it wrong there are way better ways to invest you money. You'd probably get better return on a bunch scratchies.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
#41 Posted: 23:33:36 15/02/2013
Is it even a collector's item though if it is readily available (as Skylanders are technically at this moment)? Plus a lot of people looking for the characters on eBay are buying it to own, not to re-sell (are there re-sellers, of course).

I just find it weird people are even thinking of Skylanders (bar the exclusive variants) at this moment as collector's items. Hot items, yes. But collector's items?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me