darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Petition to Activision for our super Fan to be your Reviewer!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Petition to Activision for our super Fan to be your Reviewer! [CLOSED]
Swag Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#101 Posted: 20:33:36 08/02/2013
..No.
---
I'm Childish
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#102 Posted: 20:34:24 08/02/2013
Ugh...Swag.
skylandergiants Yellow Sparx Gems: 1020
#103 Posted: 20:46:04 08/02/2013
GM78 has my full support!
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#104 Posted: 03:17:19 09/02/2013
I support this topic 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#105 Posted: 20:37:35 02/07/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Quote: SkylandersBoy
GM78, if you ever get that job and I ****in hope you do, don't forget Darkspyro here so you can tell us the secrets!

I never let anything get to my head. Infact, one of the reasons I want the money that comes with screenwriting, is not to boast about it, but rather to help my fellow humans out, if they are in need.

Why live life not helping one another? There is no point to life if we all do things alone without being social. You only live once.

IF I ever had this kind of dream job, to go around marketing Skylanders, I would never forget anything I've done before. I mean look at Chris. He posts here. In the end, we are all human beings. We were all born, no matter what status we are in life. We all share the same ending. No matter what I do in life (if it's screenwriting and no Skylanders show has been made, by God I'm going to pitch a pilot), I am no better than anyone else.

A lot of you are crediting me with knowing a lot about Skylanders. I would say I, as well as others here do know a lot more than others, but if it ever landed me a job by some miracle, I will never be too good for ANY human out there. Us humans make money to live, while some do so while doing the things they enjoy - for example Toys for Bob staff working in the gaming and toy industry while putting food on the table.

This post is amazing. Seriously. You are one of those rare purely kind-hearted people out there, I give you my full support. I can't stand FGTV's blandness.

Go GameMaster78!
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#106 Posted: 21:36:44 02/07/2013
Disclaimer: I know it will inevitably sound like I am, but this post is not meant to bash GM78 in any shape, form, or fashion.I think what many of you have forgotten is that FGTV, wrong as he may be, already has an established fanbase that go to watch his videos. Gamemaster may have a larger collection, but he doesn't do much with it short of posting pictures here. And as for GM78 being better to ask "The hard questions," alot of times interviewers will sit down and say you can ask about points A, B, D, and E, but not to tread anywhere near asking about C. If they're asked a question about something they can't/don't want to discuss, they'll just give a dismissive "no comment,".

I think its great we want to have an internal promotion here, but I really don't think anything will come of it. Honestly, what separates GM's collection from mine or yours? Pictures, shelf space, and a few hundred dollars.
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#107 Posted: 21:51:52 02/07/2013
You've got my support GameMaster!
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#108 Posted: 02:04:05 03/07/2013
I support, doubt Acti'll do it, but I hope to be proven wrong.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#109 Posted: 02:27:00 03/07/2013
Dude, You ARE the skylanders man. I dont have a fancy pants barack obama meme, but I know that you should make your own website like Darkspyro. Heck, if ya did, I would go on there rather than darkspyro. You have my support. Game on.
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#110 Posted: 02:56:22 03/07/2013
Quote: ShinkenRed
Disclaimer: I know it will inevitably sound like I am, but this post is not meant to bash GM78 in any shape, form, or fashion.I think what many of you have forgotten is that FGTV, wrong as he may be, already has an established fanbase that go to watch his videos. Gamemaster may have a larger collection, but he doesn't do much with it short of posting pictures here. And as for GM78 being better to ask "The hard questions," alot of times interviewers will sit down and say you can ask about points A, B, D, and E, but not to tread anywhere near asking about C. If they're asked a question about something they can't/don't want to discuss, they'll just give a dismissive "no comment,".

I think its great we want to have an internal promotion here, but I really don't think anything will come of it. Honestly, what separates GM's collection from mine or yours? Pictures, shelf space, and a few hundred dollars.

Well, my thing with Andy is, he was saying some stupid stuff during the latest interview, where he wouldn't shut up about the lack of a girl Swaplander.

I mean they said why they didn't want to, and Andy acted almost mad about it (at least that's what I got from it). If he wasn't mad, then maybe he didn't understand after they kinda tried to throw the subject under the bus.

Parents might take offense to transgendered Skylanders, just like they took offense to a character holding two spoons (Alakhazam; sp) and said Pokemon was satanic.

I ran into a grandmother the other day, who was shopping for Skylanders with her grandson. The boy's mother and grandmother won't let him own Undead or Magic characters, because they're "supposedly satanic."

Imagine how the resident uptight soccer mom or dad might view a trans-gendered Skylander. However, Andy kept pushing it, wasting the time he had with them, just to hear the same answer he heard twice before he dropped it.

However, I bought and leveled 2 of every Skylander for 2 reasons.

1: I don't want to be restricted by being able to play with only one upgrade path.
2: I wanted to create a Youtube Channel (at the very least), where I could show off both upgrade paths in order to help kids make a choice, if the choice was hard to make.

I still plan on working on my Youtube Channel, but with hunting the figures, leveling up the figures, dealing with two of the worst tornado outbreaks I've ever seen in my life, and prepping my scripts to send out to agents, it's been tough.

Here's the cool thing, though. I will always have open and sealed Skylanders, so let's just say I have a ton of videos I can do, showing figures in package, and out (while not needing to tear open the package at the same time).

Yes, if I ever had a means to get to E3, or was invited to conduct interviews, or shoot videos of each year's Skylanders game, I would focus more on my channel and filling it up. I would naturally pay for myself to get in there as well. I just need access. I wouldn't be about pressing them, so much as I would ask questions I've always wanted to see asked, but no one ever thinks to ask. They wouldn't be questions they couldn't answer either.

Heck, no one thought to ask if "Special" figures from Giants would register as "Special" on Swap Force. That would have been neat to find out. I would have asked that.

No matter what, I will work on my channel. However, with proper motivation, I would blow the roof off of my channel, and start filling it to the brim with Skylanders info and work from there. Maybe one day, I could have a friend develop a website that would be 100% dedicated to Skylanders, but I felt a Youtube Channel would start me off well.

Who knows what the future holds. I would love to be able to use my Youtube Channel as a means to be able to attend E3 in order to cover everything Skylanders. I just haven't tried, because I don't know if my work would fall on deaf ears, but I will slowly build it up no matter what.

Getting stuff early would push me to the point of posting advance reviews and video analysis of upcoming Skylanders stuff.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#111 Posted: 03:10:53 03/07/2013
I, Commander Bagel of the Brigade of Nothing in Particular, approve this nomination!
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:39 03/07/2013 by Skybagel
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#112 Posted: 03:12:35 03/07/2013
I SUPPORT THIS 100%
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#113 Posted: 03:41:14 03/07/2013
I ran into a grandmother the other day, who was shopping for Skylanders with her grandson. The boy's mother and grandmother won't let him own Undead or Magic characters, because they're "supposedly satanic."

Sometimes I try to understand why crazy people think the things they do, but in this case I can't seem to be able to shove my head that far up my keester.
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:41:39 03/07/2013 by Skybagel
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#114 Posted: 06:06:03 03/07/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
I support this whole-heartedly, I'm getting tired of FG getting games early, figures who aren't sold to the public
and every other exclusive you can think of. GameMaster seems to have dedicated alot of time and money into his Skylander
collection and I'd hate to see such effort go to waste. *Signs petition*

NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#115 Posted: 07:57:49 03/07/2013
yes yes yes yes
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#116 Posted: 08:26:40 03/07/2013
Quote: Skybagel

Sometimes I try to understand why crazy people think the things they do, but in this case I can't seem to be able to shove my head that far up my keester.

I can kinda understand, my parents dislike things they think look evil or demonic, but they leave me up to my own judgement. But if parents don't want their child playing as, say, a necromantic witch (which is demonic on multiple levels), that's their decision, and we shouldn't criticize. All though sometimes they may overdo it.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
SkylandFollower Green Sparx Gems: 151
#117 Posted: 10:04:14 03/07/2013
While I agree with ShinkenRed(I've met people who work in press, it can be much harder than you guys think- Acti would only care about who gets the most views), this fandom needs a beacon.

• Skylanders Family has mediocre coverage with boring content.
  • Family Gamer TV has decent content, but terrible coverage. (oh my god my cousin and i hate seeing them on nintendolife...)
  • Other places don't care about Skylanders.

We need a site dedicated to just Skylanders. Where you can buy and sell and swap without it being taboo. A proper, good community. A 400% complete comprehendium on everything Skylanders. I know people who completely quit Skylanders because they don't like the idea of what's meant to be the biggest place for Skylanders making it so difficult to trade, and having... Well... Lets just put it as "out-of-whack" community.

I don't think that anyone can do it themselves- we're going to have to all work together for this- but we can make 78 lead this charge as he's far closer to TFB/whatever than any of us so he can actually get the inside scoop.

p.s. cover news for countries other than america or gtfo

(Our next mob gathering should be to get rid of country exclusives! Who's with me?!?!)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:11:31 03/07/2013 by SkylandFollower
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#118 Posted: 12:21:52 03/07/2013
Quote: SkylandFollower
While I agree with ShinkenRed(I've met people who work in press, it can be much harder than you guys think- Acti would only care about who gets the most views), this fandom needs a beacon.

• Skylanders Family has mediocre coverage with boring content.
  • Family Gamer TV has decent content, but terrible coverage. (oh my god my cousin and i hate seeing them on nintendolife...)
  • Other places don't care about Skylanders.

We need a site dedicated to just Skylanders. Where you can buy and sell and swap without it being taboo. A proper, good community. A 400% complete comprehendium on everything Skylanders. I know people who completely quit Skylanders because they don't like the idea of what's meant to be the biggest place for Skylanders making it so difficult to trade, and having... Well... Lets just put it as "out-of-whack" community.

I don't think that anyone can do it themselves- we're going to have to all work together for this- but we can make 78 lead this charge as he's far closer to TFB/whatever than any of us so he can actually get the inside scoop.

p.s. cover news for countries other than america or gtfo

(Our next mob gathering should be to get rid of country exclusives! Who's with me?!?!)

All of this!
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#119 Posted: 12:33:48 03/07/2013
I will sign.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#120 Posted: 15:03:31 03/07/2013
FINALLY PEOPLE ARE REALIZING THAT GM78 IS THE PERSON TO BE EMPLOYED TO ACTIVISION!
Anyone can beat FGTV info.Plus his gameplay videos are way to short.GM78's would be excellent!
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#121 Posted: 15:18:54 03/07/2013
Supported
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
skitskat Green Sparx Gems: 228
#122 Posted: 15:32:37 03/07/2013
Wow this topic has made this forum drop a few pegs.
ShinkenRed Gold Sparx Gems: 2651
#123 Posted: 21:01:52 03/07/2013
I'll repeat myself yet again about Activision likely never going for the idea of hiring a fan to act as a QC or advisor in any sort of capacity, but I'll throw in my lot.

Honestly, I think Pennyman(I believe thats his handle here) from CoinOp Tv has the best mixture of a collection, interest, fanbase, and enthusiasm to warrant being a link between the fans and Activision. Think about it, he has, I believe, one of just about every unique figure and he's constantly putting up Skylanders videos showing news, updates, and just his opinions about different things. When I was debating getting into the fandom I watched a lot of his SSA videos on YouTube before he indirectly convinced me to buy the game, but I won't hold that against him. smilie
---
Unique Character roster:
S:SA: 32/32, S:G: 16/16, S:SF: 32/32, S:TT: 36/36
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#124 Posted: 21:25:29 03/07/2013
Quote: tGrimm
I personally think we should start a petition to Activision to get with GameMaster78 for all these beta testing and product reviews. He's clearly a bigger fan and collector than this family gamer guy. You know back in the star wars days there was a guy who collected everything imaginable star wars, he eventually was employed by Lucasfilm and still has a museum of everything star wars today. I think GameMaster78 would make a great PR guy between the fan base and Activision.

I know there are Activision guys on this site - who do we need to petition? Everybody who agrees, post comments below, let's make this happen. I'm tired of reading/watching the FGTV reviews, they never answer tho most common of questions? Portal backwards compatible? Adventure packs to new worlds? Online Player vs Player play? Etc...

Assuming GameMaster78 would even want to do this that is?

I SUPPORT! And I'm pretty sure that Chuck Norris approved! It's true FGTV don't give details and he's bad!

TheSkylanderboyandgirl are better!

But I think that they're doing this cuz they're have popularity with there youtube account!!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#125 Posted: 21:57:41 03/07/2013
I'm totally in, providing you give us info and post regularly.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#126 Posted: 16:22:23 04/07/2013
Quote: Skybagel

Yeah, before I learned his grandmother was in the store, I was going to say to him, "man, that stinks. Sorry to hear that." However, his grandmother walked up, and I just threw it under the bus.

It's their opinion, so I guess they think they're doing what's best for the child.

Another thing I would have asked, had I had the chance to interview the brothers at Vicarious during E3 (which I didn't, grr), is a very important question, in my eyes. I would have asked if -

1: Lorne Balfe is returning to score Swap Force
2: the writers of the first two games are returning to provide the story for Swap Force
3: if the game would still have an opening that plays out like the first two games. In other words, game starts out with a cutscene, a level, followed by another cutscene setting up the story of Swap Force, which now seems to be Eon explaining the events leading up to the story of the current game.

I don't think those would be questions the folks at Vicarious would need to dodge, because I am not asking for spoilers in any of those questions, but rather, if the story structure will play out like the past two games.

I would have probably also asked if Activision planned on adding more space to their current Skylanders section at retail.

Had I been at E3, I would have gotten some footage of the 3DS version, as I don't see why they would be holding back exposure of the 3DS version. I also would have taken every available character that was playable on the floor, and gotten videos of whatever moves they currently had, in an effort to show everyone what the characters are capable of, at whatever stage they were leveled/upgraded to.

Man, if only I could go. I think it would go a long way in helping my channel get off the ground. Once I get these two scripts finished (just cleaning them up a bit), I will start filling out my channel with all kinds of videos and info. Next year, I will see what I can do to get into E3 in an effort to bring info on one the greatest franchises of the 7th gen.

In other words, I probably wouldn't leave the Skylanders booth. For some reason, ever since Skylanders released, I've always gone to the Skylanders section of stores, even when I have a completed collection and don't need to. It almost feels like home when I step near the Skylanders section of any store. It's kinda fruity to some, I know, but I don't know what it is.

I've had a completed Giants collection for a couple of weeks now, but anytime I go to Toys R Us or Walmart, I just go to the Skylanders section, chill, and look at the things I already own.

I guess it's because no franchise in the history of my time playing games (dating back to the NES) has grabbed me like this franchise has. Everyone eventually clings to something as a hobby in life. I guess Skylanders is mine when it comes to gaming. Skylanders is to me, what Transformers is to a friend of mine.

I know I get mad at this franchise at times, and the ways things are handled, but even when frustrated at the franchise, I still love it and would love to cover it if ever given the chance.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Sky Master 1606 Blue Sparx Gems: 776
#127 Posted: 18:00:13 04/07/2013
I support this topic as well!
Thumpback12 Blue Sparx Gems: 596
#128 Posted: 19:06:51 05/07/2013
Thumback12 supports this fully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me