Page 1 of 1
New Level Cap? [CLOSED]
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#1 Posted: 14:04:16 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Does anyone know what and if there has been an announcement regarding the level cap for this game? I'm guessing they're going to bump it to 20?
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#2 Posted: 18:41:27 06/02/2013
Nothings announced But we all expect it to be 20
0_0 Ripto Gems: 11
#3 Posted: 18:44:34 06/02/2013
Quote: IJJusion
Nothings announced But we all expect it to be 20

- - -
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#4 Posted: 18:48:54 06/02/2013
The level cap is briefly mention here, doesn't sound definitive though:

---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#5 Posted: 19:08:59 06/02/2013
Quote: Zylek
The level cap is briefly mention here, doesn't sound definitive though:

Damn Nasdaq...
---
cry baby, I am
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6 Posted: 19:20:15 06/02/2013
I can understand why they wouldn't want to keep increasing the level cap. The more they do, the longer it'll take to level up new characters and there's the obvious downside to the fact that if you keep leveling up characters then they'll eventually have loads of health and may even reach a point where they become pretty much unstoppable.

Still, I don't think one more game would hurt - maybe Lv20 and then I think that'll be enough.
#7 Posted: 20:18:47 06/02/2013
i dont know..effectively each new release could have a higher lvl cap and have each enemy reward more experience which would balance it out while still giving you something to do with your old skylanders, i know that if i have a lvl 1 swap force and a lvl 15 skylander from an old game, if im not getting experience with my old skylander as its at the lvl cap i wont want to play it.

and the more HP they have the more epic the PVP battles will be smilie
#8 Posted: 20:20:28 06/02/2013
I don't even have a lvl 15. smilie
---
cry baby, I am
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#9 Posted: 20:22:42 06/02/2013
Quote: bionicle2809
I can understand why they wouldn't want to keep increasing the level cap. The more they do, the longer it'll take to level up new characters and there's the obvious downside to the fact that if you keep leveling up characters then they'll eventually have loads of health and may even reach a point where they become pretty much unstoppable.

Still, I don't think one more game would hurt - maybe Lv20 and then I think that'll be enough.

We reached the unstoppable point the minute any skylander bought all the upgrades. This is a kid friendly game--there's REALLY no challenge in these. I would like the game to "grow up" a little with their audience--but I know that won't happen.

A more adult version of this siphon for money? I'm for it!
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#10 Posted: 20:23:42 06/02/2013
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON

I provide complete upgrades of skylanders as a prerequisite for my child to receive a repose or other skylander. Conisder this the 2013 version of "work" lol.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#11 Posted: 20:26:20 06/02/2013
Lol. I was about to suggest multiquoting.
Also that seems reasonable in a completionist sort of way. smilie
---
cry baby, I am
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#12 Posted: 20:33:14 06/02/2013

That's why you make each game more hard to combat that.

I, for one, don't see the point in leveling up at all, if each new game is just going to be as easy as the last. Make Skylanders break the stat cap of each previous game, as well as the level cap, while ramping up the difficulty, which not only teaches the kids the beginnings of RPG play, but also helps increase sales of past games.

It's like .Hack on PS2. Try jumping into game 4, without a save file of 1, 2, and 3. See how far you get. I loved that idea.

I hope for another level cap increase, because even getting to 15 was easy, and I was doing that on the less-XP giving Nightmare Mode, which was still too easy by my tastes, and I was playing with mainly level 1 Skylanders.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#13 Posted: 20:43:07 06/02/2013
Since levels have no impact on attack's damage and character attributes like speed, armor and critical hits, the level caps are beginning to be quite meaningless once you get past a certain point.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#14 Posted: 21:44:51 06/02/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

I provide complete upgrades of skylanders as a prerequisite for my child to receive a repose or other skylander. Conisder this the 2013 version of "work" lol.

haha, thats genius smilie
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#15 Posted: 21:51:14 06/02/2013

Can you adopt me?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#16 Posted: 22:23:51 06/02/2013
Since levels have no impact on attack's damage and character attributes like speed, armor and critical hits, the level caps are beginning to be quite meaningless once you get past a certain point.

I think they should stick with level 15.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#17 Posted: 22:52:50 06/02/2013
^ Yeah. It took me a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time to max out my Zap, level wise.
#18 Posted: 23:08:22 06/02/2013
certain areas give you heaps of experience easily...get 4x experience wheels.. actually i have a vid here of what i do smilie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJV6cQo_Yh4

this only had 3x wheels, but it takes 15 mins to get to lvl 10 as a magic character (still get to lvl 7-8 within 15mins of doing it on any other character) and as such within 45-60 mins of repeating this you will have a lvl 15 (and if theyre a magic character youll get the elementalist trophy)

not the most fun way of leveling to 15, but definitely one of the quicker and easier ways.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:47:34 06/02/2013 by IJJusion
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#19 Posted: 23:35:34 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I think they should make the cap a set 100 starting with the 3rd game so this 5 level increase with each game stops. Fully completing Giants can get a character to level 15 easily, and that's where it stops. Of course there will be people out there grinding their Skylanders to level 100, but that's there problem. If you have a very high number like 100, people who beat the 3rd game with 1 Skylander will probably get them up to about 20-25 or so. Then since the game has already been played through with that certain Skylander, the game can be played with any other Skylander a second time. Therefore leveling up that Skylander to about 20 or so. So by the time the 4th game rolls around, each Skylander will be caught up to speed with levels accordingly.

Now that I think about it, the whole leveling up thing is really hard to implement anymore.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
#20 Posted: 07:17:02 07/02/2013
yeah, new interview out (on another thread) confirms that they are still considering what to do with the level cap.
jacobs Green Sparx Gems: 468
#21 Posted: 13:35:47 07/02/2013
It takes one day for me to get a lvl 15
---
Common
SundayBikeCo.
Supra Shoes
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#22 Posted: 13:39:05 07/02/2013
Playing through Level 15: Lost City of Arkus with a Level 1 Skylander takes about an hour for me to get to 15. (this includes getting and buying all the upgrades- S2 Characters take a bit longer)

I'd hope that rather than simply bumping it up for each level, we get some kind of huge cap...like Level 50 or something. That way it takes much longer and it's not just "oh I'll play with these old characters to bump them up 5 levels".

I noticed in the gameplay videos so far, all the characters are at Level 7. Thought that was kind of weird.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#23 Posted: 13:55:43 07/02/2013

the goal of the skylanders games is to get you to buy more. so if you blow the roof off with one of the characters, they don't care that much. because they have other method to get you go buy more, than just you buying because you want to level up the characters... so they are gonna raise it to lvl20.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:56:37 07/02/2013 by kappapopm
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#24 Posted: 17:32:53 07/02/2013
According to this interview on the other topic, at 3:39, the level cap is still unconfirmed. They're still working on it since the game is early in development.

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=73568
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:38:23 07/02/2013 by Aura24
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#25 Posted: 18:16:49 07/02/2013
20 or bust. It gives people a since of value if their previous purchases are not only usable but get more powerful in future installments.
#26 Posted: 20:18:15 07/02/2013
Quote: Tigorus
20 or bust. It gives people a since of value if their previous purchases are not only usable but get more powerful in future installments.

although i couldnt agree more with upping the level to 20, the base damage each skylander does is stored in the game and is modified by the upgrades
the skylander has (and as with each previous game is modified based on balancing all skylanders (see ghost roaster ps3/xbox SSA to SG)

as levels only grant HP, getting an extra 5 levels does little more then increasing your HP 50-100 points, but none the less better then nothing smilie
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#27 Posted: 00:22:14 17/02/2013
I know it will be 20, But wouldnt you like OVER 9000!
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#28 Posted: 03:40:03 17/02/2013
wud rather have low level with lots of abilities rather than having a grindfest type of a game.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#29 Posted: 17:23:35 17/02/2013
I wish that levels affected all of your stats rather than just HP...
#30 Posted: 18:02:38 17/02/2013

Yeah, it's not really a selling point anymore. 20 seems to be the right level to me. Otherwise, they're going to need to make harder to combat all of these extra health and powers.

Quote: kappapopm
The goal of the skylanders games is to get you to buy more. so if you blow the roof off with one of the characters, they don't care that much. because they have other method to get you go buy more, than just you buying because you want to level up the characters... so they are gonna raise it to lvl20.

Getting your money is their expertise, but if they try the same gimmick this time I will go ahead and call Skylanders DOA with this release.

Quote: fireofexile

Can you adopt me?

Well, he's slacking off, and I have four unwrapped S2 reposed skylanders waiting for him. Stand by! smilie

Quote: Aura24

I think they should stick with level 15.

I agree.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:04:47 17/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
Imada Green Sparx Gems: 488
#31 Posted: 18:11:53 17/02/2013
I hope it will be lvl 20
---
Im so proud of you
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#32 Posted: 05:04:26 18/02/2013
The thing is I wouldn't mind a level cap boost to say 20 or something. But I started with the 3DS version and let me tell you... it's way way way way easier to level them up in that one. in Giants 3DS I can play a timed challenge on the first 2 areas and get my character to 7 or so... a little longer facing the final boss and boom level 15. The problem is on the 3DS version the upgrades are based on the level. Though level 10 you're done getting upgrades... so I hope they add another upgrade to it otherwise it's just boring.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#33 Posted: 12:29:52 18/02/2013
Quote: Jakemouse
I think they should make the cap a set 100 starting with the 3rd game so this 5 level increase with each game stops. Fully completing Giants can get a character to level 15 easily, and that's where it stops. Of course there will be people out there grinding their Skylanders to level 100, but that's there problem. If you have a very high number like 100, people who beat the 3rd game with 1 Skylander will probably get them up to about 20-25 or so. Then since the game has already been played through with that certain Skylander, the game can be played with any other Skylander a second time. Therefore leveling up that Skylander to about 20 or so. So by the time the 4th game rolls around, each Skylander will be caught up to speed with levels accordingly.

Now that I think about it, the whole leveling up thing is really hard to implement anymore.

Level 100 is a little overkill though....
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me