Page 1 of 1
JUST bodies? Not arms or heads? [CLOSED]
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#1 Posted: 22:54:52 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
You can only Swap bodies? Obviously, hardware limits this, but it's kinda cheesy, but funny..
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
0_0 Ripto Gems: 11
#2 Posted: 22:55:26 05/02/2013
lol, yeah. XD
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#3 Posted: 22:59:04 05/02/2013
It's pretty awesome that we're getting the swap ability in the first place. It definitely makes being a flame knight with bombs and squid legs possible, at least.

Yeah, I thought up that example off of the top of my head.

Wait, a fire knight? Haven't I heard of that before?
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13898
#4 Posted: 01:52:00 06/02/2013
Here's their reasoning:

Quote: Guardian
"We tried it with five pieces, four pieces, three pieces – all different combinations when we were first toying with this idea and we found that the simple top-half/bottom-half gave the best experience. We also felt that there was a natural intuitive role for each piece: the way you attack is the top half, and the way you move through the world is the bottom. When you start to say things like 'Oh, I wanna change the face out' it really becomes more of a cosmetic change. It doesn't have as much of an intuitive impact on the character's capabilities."
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#5 Posted: 01:53:49 06/02/2013
Thanks dark!
---
Team Hot Dog!
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#6 Posted: 02:16:51 06/02/2013
Quote: Orohu
It's pretty awesome that we're getting the swap ability in the first place. It definitely makes being a flame knight with bombs and squid legs possible, at least.

I believe he is a fire robot. Knights normally have swords/shields/axes/maces right?
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#7 Posted: 02:21:13 06/02/2013
i just read they didn't remove the head, because it could be looked at to violent for kids in a video game. so they stuck to only removing body. and small head of the toys could be swallowed so kids could chock on them... safety first i guess
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#8 Posted: 02:28:21 06/02/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz

I believe he is a fire robot. Knights normally have swords/shields/axes/maces right?

His armor style looks less robotic, more like what you'd see in a medieval fantasy. At least, in my opinion. Except the rocket boots.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#9 Posted: 18:48:19 18/02/2013
^And he looks like he has a knight hat.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#10 Posted: 19:02:10 18/02/2013
Quote: kappapopm
i just read they didn't remove the head, because it could be looked at to violent for kids in a video game. so they stuck to only removing body. and small head of the toys could be swallowed so kids could chock on them... safety first i guess

i can agree that small parts can be dangerous, id say its far more likely to loose parts when each one has 4-5 pieces ~ as just picking them up the wrong way could have it fall apart

but the reasoning behind 'its too violent' is silly imo. i dont see how detaching and reattaching parts is violent,
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#11 Posted: 19:44:14 18/02/2013
Quote: IJJusion

i can agree that small parts can be dangerous, id say its far more likely to loose parts when each one has 4-5 pieces ~ as just picking them up the wrong way could have it fall apart

but the reasoning behind 'its too violent' is silly imo. i dont see how detaching and reattaching parts is violent,

Because its like killing someone?
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#12 Posted: 19:50:04 18/02/2013
Quote: LegendaryFlames

So is having them split in half.
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#13 Posted: 20:00:09 18/02/2013
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
Quote: LegendaryFlames

So is having them split in half.

Yes. And if taking off the head its like beheading someone.
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#14 Posted: 01:41:09 19/02/2013
Quote: dark52
Here's their reasoning:

Quote: Guardian
"We tried it with five pieces, four pieces, three pieces – all different combinations when we were first toying with this idea and we found that the simple top-half/bottom-half gave the best experience. We also felt that there was a natural intuitive role for each piece: the way you attack is the top half, and the way you move through the world is the bottom. When you start to say things like 'Oh, I wanna change the face out' it really becomes more of a cosmetic change. It doesn't have as much of an intuitive impact on the character's capabilities."

Also, in game testing, they actually had skylanders that had the ability to swap multiple things just as the OP was talking about. The problem they had was that is was cumbersome and time consuming. In their testing, simple two part swaps also made for a better playing experience.

So there.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#15 Posted: 01:49:07 19/02/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz

Actually, the 12-minute gameplay demo showed a boos who appeared to be the same species as Blast Zone, called a fire geargolum (it was golum, not golem, btw) [User Posted Image]
Regarding the original topic, i do wish they had gone with changeable arms, but life.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
SkylanderSchool Blue Sparx Gems: 658
#16 Posted: 04:57:49 19/02/2013
If only you can play as just legs....
Yah, I'm messed up like that
---
Guess what?
Your face.
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#17 Posted: 08:15:17 19/02/2013
we will prolly see some updgrade items in the furture. like weapons, armors etc etc as being part of the figure aside from magical items their doing pretty great in their toys but i hope they will improve their ingame features more tho.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#18 Posted: 22:50:09 19/02/2013
I would love to be able to switch the character's weapons, like give Wash buckler Blast zone's bombs.
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#19 Posted: 23:17:12 19/02/2013

I find skylanders being ripped in half just as violent.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#20 Posted: 23:56:38 19/02/2013
I like the bottom/top half thing! The arms would just make it too complicated with attacks and what not. If you want removable parts, go buy something else! Sorry if I sound mean.
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#21 Posted: 01:41:49 20/02/2013
we might even see mounts in the future smilie car, ship, horse, donkey lol etc etc
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me