darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Disney infinity felling threatened skylanders
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6
Disney infinity felling threatened skylanders [CLOSED]
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#201 Posted: 19:49:22 26/01/2013
Quote: bionicle2809

...That's a lot of data that has to be stored on a single RFID chip - unless they use multiple chips for different purposes.

That is not how it will work. The RFID chip will simply store a bit of data telling the game to download
another bit of data from somewhere else which will make the systems own download manager kick in and store the dlc data on the consoles own hard drive. Pretty easy if you ask me.
sonsilv2 Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#202 Posted: 19:52:39 26/01/2013
console wars all over again

could we see sonic?
wreck it ralph was in sonic and all stars racing transformed so why not
YOLOrenzo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#203 Posted: 20:16:05 26/01/2013
Quote: bionicle2809
...That's a lot of data that has to be stored on a single RFID chip - unless they use multiple chips for different purposes.

It would be downloadable. This would allow tons of flexibility in how they release new content.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#204 Posted: 20:29:01 26/01/2013
addendum to the Disney Infinity fact sheet provided by Disney January 2013 ...

Each play set will have 1 location piece and 2 characters. The starter pack location piece has 3 locations combined into 1 piece. Because the play set location pieces function as their own environment and only figures from that environment work in it, there will be no need to patch them when new versions of Infinity are released each year. Only the toy box will need patching via download to add new code to allow all figures and power discs to function.

full fact sheet detailed here ... http://www.disneyinfinityfans....?f=9&t=43&p=169
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#205 Posted: 20:32:11 26/01/2013
Quote: sonsilv2
console wars all over again

could we see sonic?
wreck it ralph was in sonic and all stars racing transformed so why not

No, not gonna happen. If it does then: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Deadmau5 Fan 98 Red Sparx Gems: 79
#206 Posted: 21:08:52 26/01/2013
While I still don't like the play set idea, I think it's great the way they are going to update the first game to let you use the new figures. At least If you don't want to buy the new game, you still can purchase the new figures. Still doesn't interest me though.
---
Ghosts N Stuff!
oogamania Yellow Sparx Gems: 1417
#207 Posted: 21:19:04 26/01/2013
Quote:
If Skylanders doesn't improve or fundamentally change their products and gameplay, I can see Infinity eclipsing the Skylanders franchise in the very near future. Slapping lights on them is cool, but the Skylanders has a lot of room to grow.

Which is why I'm glad that Skylanders has competition. Otherwise, they will continue to release the same old things as the monopoly it would've been.
---
Check out my Skylanders comic in the fanart forum!
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#208 Posted: 05:43:50 27/01/2013
Alright I have yet to comment (I think) on Disney infinity.

First off I think this is a great game to boost skylanders. I mean before Activision could do whatever they want because they had no competition. But now they have to have lower prices, and better gameplay. All I'm asking for in the next game is 4 player co-op and online. So me, my dad, and my sister can play at the same time. If they don't wanna play I can team, or fight online!

Second, before I was thinking to remain loyal to skylanders. Seeing those high res pictures made something click in my head, they look awesome. I might get Infinity but I will have to squeeze that into my skylanders and legends of chima fund. I haven't done my research on this game yet but it looks cool.

Activision, the only way to make me remain loyal is to make figures cheaper, better LED's, 4 player co-op, online, and better gameplay. Impress me and you gained my loyalty, if not I might be splitting half and half...
spyro360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2141
#209 Posted: 04:21:41 31/01/2013
it is not at all a threat, I was
able to test the game because of my dad is an employe for the game and the man who came up with the idea for it to, in which he got a glass trophy.this game is entirely different aside from the character thing. in infinity you can build huge levels out of hundreds of items/blocks and other things, it is the primary thing you do. and the secondary thing you do in the game is play to play levels . it had me playing for hours when i tested it,
expacialy the building.

btw the graphics in the trailer are the same ingame.
it is 4 player and online.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:23:14 31/01/2013 by spyro360
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#210 Posted: 04:23:37 31/01/2013
Quote: spyro360
able to test the game because of my dad is an employe for the game and the man who came up with the idea for it to, in which he got a glass trophy
.this game is entirely different aside from the character thing. in infinity you can build huge levels out of hundreds of items/blocks and other things, it is the primary thing you do. and the secondary thing you do in the game is play to play levels . it had me playing for hours when i tested it,
expacialy the building.

Now where have I heard that before? <.<
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:23:53 31/01/2013 by Aura24
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#211 Posted: 04:26:23 31/01/2013
Swag.
#212 Posted: 04:27:35 31/01/2013
likely on another topic, i have proof to, second page on my dads blogtrophy and he was a announcer of the game
http://chadliddell.tumblr.com/...ward-i-received
on a different page i said "hi dad"
my dads name is chad taylor liddel
mine is his middle name..., nuff said

btw xtreme what do you mean by "swag"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:31:02 31/01/2013 by spyro360
#213 Posted: 04:33:19 31/01/2013
Swag is a user who spams stuff using lies about skylanders.
#214 Posted: 04:34:27 31/01/2013
i am no swag, when this game is released youll see sir.
plus im not talking about skylanders....
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:36:18 31/01/2013 by spyro360
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#215 Posted: 04:40:17 31/01/2013
It won't win in my house I'll tell ya that- Disney may have a broader fanbase and have more popular and well known characters- but disney is known for mimicing other people/companies ideas- and they tend to suck at it (This is my opinion entirely)-

Disney- Nice try but you will fail- and if you don't fail- it won't be due to me. I do NOT plan to purchase this game, if anything I spit on it....

Skylanders forever - thanks~
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
DutRank Blue Sparx Gems: 800
#216 Posted: 05:06:42 31/01/2013
The biggest thing that has turned me off of this game is the fact that the toys look like Fisher Price made them.
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#217 Posted: 14:22:49 31/01/2013
Quote: DutRank
The biggest thing that has turned me off of this game is the fact that the toys look like Fisher Price made them.

Yeah I hear that. Some one else already stated this. But it's still very true.

The toys dont look very well done based on the characters we know from their movies. I might give this a try out of curiosity, but i'll be buying it used and dirt cheap when I do. But I dont need more toys to collect for a game, especially disney toys. At least skylanders is based only around the game. If people see disney characters, unless they know the game they'll just think I have an over load of mcdonalds toys.

I just really dont like the fact that we are all familiar with these characters already. Where as skylanders is new.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#218 Posted: 17:03:46 31/01/2013
Quote: DutRank

lol too true. Although the art style is kinda growing on me. It's different but consistent. For toons like Sully and Mr. Incredible it works....Jack Sparrow and Davey Jones, ehhh not to sure. It should be mentioned that Davey Jones is so far my favorite sculpt. I think mainly because he was my fav. character next to Barbosa in the Pirates movies. I think in the long run the art style will attract the target audience. In all honesty this might be preferable to the normal hack job that live action movie action figures usually get. We will most likely be picking this up simply because we are all Disney/Marvel/Star Wars fans in my house and although the later two franchises aren't available at launch you know they're coming.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#219 Posted: 05:45:04 03/02/2013
Does anyone think that now Activision/TFB might have a competitor, they will probably make a really interesting third game?
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#220 Posted: 07:22:22 03/02/2013
i know that i liked some disney movies, but ive never had any intention to buy a disney game..thats just asking for trouble.
Ace XSX Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#221 Posted: 08:32:27 03/02/2013
Quote: IJJusion
i know that i liked some disney movies, but ive never had any intention to buy a disney game..thats just asking for trouble.

same here the games are just not too appealing to me well maybe except a few games, but however they don't have any movies based on the game
---
Best mega evo pokemon= MEGA CHARZARD X
SSF Faves : smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie , smilie ,etc.
Drill_Sergeant Blue Sparx Gems: 520
#222 Posted: 17:07:02 03/02/2013
STITCH with blasters please!
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#223 Posted: 23:35:23 03/02/2013
able to test the game because of my dad is an employe for the game and the man who came up with the idea for it to, in which he got a glass trophy.this game is entirely different aside from the character thing. in infinity you can build huge levels out of hundreds of items/blocks and other things, it is the primary thing you do. and the secondary thing you do in the game is play to play levels . it had me playing for hours when i tested it,
expacialy the building.

then can you answer me this can you use a character from wreck it ralph in the phineas and ferb world
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#224 Posted: 00:10:22 04/02/2013
Quote: sprocketrocket
expacialy the building.

then can you answer me this can you use a character from wreck it ralph in the phineas and ferb world

Anyone could answer that.

NO.
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#225 Posted: 00:46:43 04/02/2013
I am a HUGE Disney fan, but I don't want to get Disney Infintity for several reasons:

1.Too expensive (Skylanders was expensive enough.)

2.Don't like that only certain characters can play in certain levels.

3.No Oliver and Company. (Sykes would not be impressed by this.)
#226 Posted: 03:58:21 04/02/2013
"Infinity is a COMPLETELY different game than Skylanders. While I fully understand why the comparisons exist, people should stop making them."

read the full text here
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:01:29 04/02/2013 by t7gga
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#227 Posted: 05:27:40 04/02/2013
Yeah I totally believe them when they say "Infinity is not a kids game" when the figures look like, as other members have stated before, they were made by Fisher-Price. Seriously, those figures are so reductive. *sips tea*

Also, it makes me sad that people forget Super Smash Bros when discussing things like these. Afterall, the concept behind SSB is that they're all actually toys (with a base and everything).
#228 Posted: 06:58:06 04/02/2013
The figures look badly made, the no characters in other worlds is a BIG loss, i cant think up of a single decent attack that any of the characters could have, the sandbox seems gimmicky, the characters are redundant, disney has had horrible games in the past, so why would this one be different?
#229 Posted: 07:05:30 04/02/2013
Predictable responses. It's pretty useless having an Infinity discussion on these boards considering the demographic.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#230 Posted: 07:41:05 04/02/2013
Wow.
The responses to this thread are just sad.

I get if you may not be looking forward to it because, yes, Disney haven't made particularly great games in the past(though this game will be made by the same studio that made what might be their best-regarded game),
But it seems like the overwhelming majority of you aren't willing to give this a chance.

Do you know what I see? I see that Disc- I mean, Disney Infinity, isn't perfect. But I also see none of you willing to give it a chance!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#231 Posted: 07:57:26 04/02/2013
Quote: YOLOrenzo
Predictable responses. It's pretty useless having an Infinity discussion on these boards considering the demographic.

Not any of us wrote it off as a "Skylanders clone". Quit searching for things that aren't there.

Quote: GamingMaster_76
Wow.
The responses to this thread are just sad.

I get if you may not be looking forward to it because, yes, Disney haven't made particularly great games in the past(though this game will be made by the same studio that made what might be their best-regarded game),
But it seems like the overwhelming majority of you aren't willing to give this a chance.

Do you know what I see? I see that Disc- I mean, Disney Infinity, isn't perfect. But I also see none of you willing to give it a chance!

I think it's even more sad that there are people who can't differentiate between loyalty-based bashing and actual reasoned disinterest. It may not be something we have played with but there's no reason why, from the information gathered, none of us can't express that disinterest either.

As a note, no one needs to give a product a chance. Especially one that'll carry a 69$ price tag.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:58:05 04/02/2013 by Hexin_Wishes
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#232 Posted: 08:12:02 04/02/2013
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
As a note, no one needs to give a product a chance. Especially one that'll carry a 69$ price tag.

Yet everyone keeps saying "give Skylanders a chance" to people who don't play it. smilie
#233 Posted: 08:18:45 04/02/2013
You said fisher price look and quality. Just about everyone who had real hands on with the figures were really impressed with the quality and aesthetics. Placing it in straight comparison to Fisher Price is plain hate. but if "Fisher Price" quality means that libs dont just fall/snap off like my son's Chill and Hex then I'm all for it.

Furthermore, I never mentioned skylander clone complaints (but just check other threads regarding Infinity and there are plenty of "clone" complaints) I just know that the demographic around here generally hates Disney and immediately writes off anything related to it.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#234 Posted: 08:44:54 04/02/2013
Neh. I don't want any part of the future toy gaming wars.
---
cry baby, I am
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#235 Posted: 08:46:53 04/02/2013
Numerous Disney Infinity and Skylanders topics later... they will be like old news.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#236 Posted: 10:15:31 04/02/2013
At least this has something different and is about a new article, not just:
"Disney Infinity, what do you think?" Again, there's been like five.
Brutungo Blue Sparx Gems: 548
#237 Posted: 13:51:18 04/02/2013
The one reason I dont know if nintendo would jump into the fig game biz, is because they arnt multi platform. Nintendo would be making new hardware and lots of nintendo based characters (and they do have tons) but only for two systems wiiu 3ds (possibly 3,wii). It would be a bit of a gamble and I dont think they would do it until they have more marketing to base it on, I.E. wiiu sales, disneys new game and other companies that jump into the fig/game sales.

Me and my son at first thought pokemon would be a good idea but then decided it wouldnt. Because if the figs you own are your pokemon then they took out the fun of catching them, and if they make the one you own release that type of pokemon into the world then what else would the fig be able to do, plus would you have to own the 300+ pokemon figs to have a chance to catch em all.

Then you could become the royal crowned chinpoko master smilie
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#238 Posted: 04:22:06 06/02/2013
I love how disney makes a new game and tries to take skylanders' kid audience away by using the same technology, but activision responds by making an even cooler game.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#239 Posted: 05:04:50 07/02/2013
Quote: sprocketrocket
expacialy the building.

no, you cannot. this is because the movie makers wouldnt allow it, if they were aloud to they would
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 05:14:48 07/02/2013 by spyro360
#240 Posted: 08:23:29 07/02/2013
So legal problems... right? And there have been many claims about being related to game-developers. jus sayain.
---
#241 Posted: 11:13:45 07/02/2013
Quote: SparCrux1101
So legal problems... right? And there have been many claims about being related to game-developers. jus sayain.

actually it is about Disney remaining "true to property" each play set (or movie world whatever you would like to call it) only allows figures from that property (movie) to play in it.

BUT ... ALL characters can interact within the Toy Box. this would then allow wreck it ralph to interact with phineas and ferb (and any other characters).

this explains Disney Infinity play set customisation, toy box functionality and online community
Kradethedark Green Sparx Gems: 116
#242 Posted: 19:26:55 07/02/2013
The impression i'm getting from Disney Infinity info is that its more or less intended to be the "Toy Box" mode from TS3, with premade disney movie-themed levels that let you unlock the building blocks for free mode. The buyable figure thing is likely based on watching the market and saying "Skylanders and Webkins seem to sell really well. Let's give that a shot."

I think the only thing that actually turns me off is the power disks being sold in blind packages. Reason because I used to play trading card games and got burned.
TK-949 Green Sparx Gems: 197
#243 Posted: 20:28:19 07/02/2013
If they start to do Marvel or Star Wars Characters for this, then it might top Skylanders.
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#244 Posted: 20:41:24 07/02/2013
for sure Disney is just on a testing phase for the Disney Infinity. by this they might listen to their community get their feedbacks and roll out their big names. Tron, Marvel or Starwars Infinity with much improvement. just the fact that they have toybox mode, online and 4 player are great features already. these features are what lured me to try it.at least now Skylanders have competition and they shud make better games or else they will surely die. id still support both games as I really like the idea of toy meets video game style.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#245 Posted: 21:18:05 07/02/2013
The reason this doesn't interest me too much is because the main portion of it seems to be sandbox, er toybox, and I'm just not a big fan of sandbox games. Now if it were a large game with each world being a level you could use any characters in, I would be much more interested. Later worlds could be expansions.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:20:31 07/02/2013 by SSj3 Derek
#246 Posted: 22:24:46 07/02/2013
^ think of the starter set as 3 games , Infinity is the platform, each play set (movie/world) is essentially a game with missions and typically between 6 to 10 hours of gameplay.

play sets are full games
SSj3 Derek Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#247 Posted: 23:55:54 07/02/2013
Quote: t7gga
^ think of the starter set as 3 games , Infinity is the platform, each play set (movie/world) is essentially a game with missions and typically between 6 to 10 hours of gameplay.

play sets are full games

I already do, that's part of why I don't think it will be very good. If they wanted to make, for example, and Incredibles game where you could only play as the Incredibles, just make that game. Don't try to pretend it's some kind of swap any character on-the-fly game when it's not.
#248 Posted: 01:59:05 09/02/2013
Thats a good point. right now if you cant choose to cross movies, infinity is just a bundle of movie based games requiring you to buy the players. if you could choose whoever the heck you wanted, then it would be a lot better.
---
Cynder Lover25 Gold Sparx Gems: 2332
#249 Posted: 03:44:27 09/02/2013
Quote: Drill_Sergeant
STITCH with blasters please!

X10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
---
Been here since 2012...still a gold sparx
First | Previous | Page 5 of 6 | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me