Forum

Poll

Got Reignited?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > The Official Skylanders PROTOTYPE Thread
First | Previous | Page 20 of 20
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
The Official Skylanders PROTOTYPE Thread [STICKY]
Bifrost Platinum Sparx Gems: 5944
#951 Posted: 20:40:25 13/11/2017
Did someone find anything on Academy concept art/assets? There's this site, but it's only S1 content. Everything I can find is usually writers or video reels with existing clips.
---
I do art!
"It's only you."
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 17:51:06 16/11/2017 by TTD
MLG Skylander Blue Sparx Gems: 682
#952 Posted: 14:54:17 17/11/2017
http://crabfuartworks.blogspot...-character.html
(Is this old news?)
---
I want to die
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:43:43 03/12/2017 by MLG Skylander
#953 Posted: 12:24:00 03/12/2017
I think you know the answer. Maybe because it's a 3 year old article and from a panel that had a lot of Trap Team news. Maybe because you posted it out of thread to see if someone gets angry.
---
I do art!
"It's only you."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:31:02 03/12/2017 by Bifrost
#954 Posted: 16:18:25 03/12/2017
It will be fine
---
I want to die
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:39:13 18/02/2018 by MLG Skylander
Drawdler Gold Sparx Gems: 2280
#955 Posted: 04:01:04 26/01/2018
Not prototype, however I just posted a topic asking for help on this and deleted it as I found my answers. Nowhere has properly listed the names of each Flora next to them online, and this is info that should be added to the Wiki, and I guess I'll post it here because this topic is dead and about old stuff anyway. I managed to dig these up from an old Photobucket Album, which also had some story scrolls (can't remember if those were unique to Universe, someone else go poke) and various screenshots of Universe. Here are the names of every old Flora from Universe matched up with their plant correctly and unambiguously, rather than a list of plant names without specifying which plant is which. Information on this game has been incredibly poorly documented, kind of even for the time.

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

Thank you gizmokat.
#956 Posted: 15:36:38 26/01/2018
There were a few Story Scrolls exclusive to it(one about Lairs and something else), but I don't even know which. I'll drop these by the Plant article though(checking the picture and the list is a bit confusing indeed), thank you so much, Drawdler.

edit: once I change these from JFIF or whatever the hell it's called. Photobucket is more of a hassle than help most of the time...
---
I do art!
"It's only you."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:41:32 26/01/2018 by Bifrost
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2899
#957 Posted: 03:30:44 08/02/2018
Here's some from a Netherlands seller:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/sande...=1&_ipg=&_from=
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
ZapNorris Emerald Sparx Gems: 4787
#958 Posted: 04:54:00 08/02/2018
that magna charge tho...
---
pokemon let's go! get this bread
#959 Posted: 11:46:25 11/02/2018
You're welcome, Bifrost.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/s...rce-Toy-Sculpts

I found these in an image search looking for another unused SA render of Spyro's toy I found the other day, no luck finding that again though. :I I saved the images of that on our iPad so I'll reverse image search the article and post it here when I fetch them. I know Aura has seen that render because she commented on the post, don't know if she put it on the Wiki or anything.

Nothing that interesting but here's a cool article as well. http://www.trustcollective.com..._activision.php

Don't expect it often but I'm looking for a lot of SA resources and just back at the game in general lately so I may randomly pop in and post any amusing findings here. If I find any.

Still got my Slam Bam with proto Water symbol on the base, lol, I wonder to this day if there's a batch of those surviving and how many people got that one.

Edit: http://imageplane3d.blogspot.c...-prototype.html
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:06:45 13/02/2018 by Drawdler
#960 Posted: 12:41:59 13/02/2018
Oh wow, his render of the figure is way better than the toy, though I guess it wouldn't fit in the package at the time.
---
I do art!
"It's only you."
#961 Posted: 18:08:30 18/02/2018
I find a thing it’s form the cutting room floor https://tcrf.net/Skylanders_Giants_(Xbox_360)
---
I want to die
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:09:20 18/02/2018 by MLG Skylander
#962 Posted: 18:22:04 18/02/2018
You find a thing that's been posted a dozen times, half of these by you.
---
I do art!
"It's only you."
#963 Posted: 20:41:18 18/02/2018
Oh sorry I hate my past self
---
I want to die
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2899
#964 Posted: 07:28:20 21/02/2018
Quote: Drawdler

These look like they would be fun to color!
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:29:58 21/02/2018 by 4inCreation
#965 Posted: 11:49:56 23/02/2018
Time to sort n' share Universe assets.

I miss this game. I honestly think I have fonder memories of it than anything post-SA, as... unfinished as it actually was.

Flora was posted on this same page so I won't repost it. Scroll up.

Old (unofficial) blog of interest: http://www.skylandersuniverse.net
Funny Screenshots: http://forum.darkspyro.net/spy...php?topic=44141

Official Trailer:

Minigames: These, or at least some, were moved to the main Skylanders site after Universe was closed. They now seem to be removed from there and lost. However I managed to find a (very empty) Universe Wiki which listed each of the games, and I remember and can vaguely describe them.
SWAT!: Sort of whack-a-mole esque. A bunch of bugs would be on the screen and you would hit certain ones for more points while avoiding dangerous ones. I remember you could chain certain ones for more points as well.
Gem Rush: A minigame where you would run around some island to collect as many gems lying on the ground (in fixed places) as possible.
Roundup: A minigame where you would herd different colors of sheep from part of the Mainland into a pen for points. Gold Sheep were worth the most, with Black and White Sheep as well but I can't remember which of those was worth more.
Castle Assault: Very similar to Angry Birds, but characters of different Elements would affect different kinds of "planks" differently and there were some special explosion abilities everyone could use.
Ground Defense: A game where enemies would try to reach a vault in the ground of your Skyland with 20-something levels. I vaguely remember you could get gems on the ground for more points, and every element had special abilities. (See Fire's here [mirrored here], the rest seem lost to time)
Sky Defense: Basically the turret minigames from the main version. I vaguely remember points and rankings here as well so I assume it had different selectable levels too.
Sheep Shot: you would shoot out a sheep and jump over clouds to see how far you could get. Kinda like a horizontal Doodle Jump.

Skyland Expansions / Themes
(Yet to add expansions. I have them backed up from here however if someone can beat me to sharing them whatever)
Pasture (Default), Air, Life, Undead, Earth, Fire, Water, Magic, Tech
Note: better Theme images are already available on the Wiki oops

Lore Tablets (Note: sorted by Element in this list, but you can see the collection image here. I don't know where those missing miscellanious three are. :[)
Arkeyans, Infinite Skylands, Lairs, Portal Masters, Portal of Power, Skylanders, Snacks and Food
Whirlwind, Sonic Boom, Warnado, Lightning Rod
Camo, Zook, Stealth Elf, Stump Smash
Cynder, Hex, Chop Chop, Ghost Roaster
Bash, Terrafin, Dino-Rang, Prism Break
Sunburn, Eruptor, Ignitor, Flameslinger
Zap, Wham-Shell, Gill Grunt, Slam Bam
Voodood, Double Trouble, Wrecking Ball - Spyro's appears to be up and gone. I swear I had it and the description is out there if you just search "skylanders spyro lore tablet" (it talks about chronicling his adventures) but I cannot find the image.
Drobot, Drill Sergeant, Boomer, Trigger Happy

Concept Models
Taken from the Wiki, but in a post about Universe nonetheless worth reposting.

Printable Dioramas
There are more of these/presumably higher quality on Pinterest, but when you're not logged in that entire site is poopy. I just don't care enough to find them again and log in on there, however you can probably find the rest with reverse image search. I will find them someday if I remember, but I probably won't. I'm also not sure these were originally from Universe but they have setpieces from the game so I'm counting them. smilie

Misc. For Now
complete (as of SA) Lair
Level-up icons
Breakables: https://i.imgur.com/55B8Aqq.png https://i.imgur.com/RNXpDfv.png https://i.imgur.com/ami64ze.png (Holiday breakables missing, sadly.)
Exterior of Clubhouse (the interior images are way easier to find which is why this got my attention)
Spyro
Mainland Map
Penguin tree fullsize

Yes not all of this is new and much is just collecting it from sources lying around here and the like. But that's the point... There has been no neat collection of this info. Things as simple as the Lore Tablets seem incredibly scattered and hard to find, while I don't think the Wiki even has sprite rips that are lying around and show every decoration that was in the game on any actual pages about Universe.

Incredibly sorry for the **** image quality. I didn't realize it was that bad until now uploading them. However, I think I know how to get them in better quality, and either way will do so when I can be bothered.

TO BE CONTINUED...
Edited 9 times - Last edited at 12:52:05 23/02/2018 by Drawdler
CountMoneyBone Gold Sparx Gems: 2867
#966 Posted: 10:41:26 24/02/2018
maybe you should make your own post then, instead of making a post in a post where all this info will drown and never will be found again, after a few pages of posting.

you should post it here..
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spy...cs.php?forum=51
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:43:42 24/02/2018 by CountMoneyBone
#967 Posted: 12:25:16 24/02/2018
You know what's not going to get forgotten because it's a sticky and there's no discussion to drown it out? This thread. Keep your assumptions to the Imaginators section, if anything.
---
I do art!
"It's only you."
#968 Posted: 00:43:49 25/02/2018
I don't even care about it geing forgotten. I believe it would be anyway: the fandom is dead now, and people never backed up Universe while it was a thing, and nobody talks about or looks for info on it other than me it seems. But the people who care enough *will* see it here. The people who want such obscure information will already be looking here for other obscure info.

Also the mobile forum is the most dead skylanders forum so hilarious logic there kappa, you gave me a laugh for once.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:44:48 25/02/2018 by Drawdler
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4236
#969 Posted: 20:42:27 25/02/2018
I do remember it. It was quite short lived and weren't reguarly updated. Winter 2011 is when the site was at his peak. When giant was out is it when the site started to die. The SG skylanders was here.. but they stopped updating the site. It stagnanted then it died.

Also the prefabricated sentance chat system was cheap. How we can open true dialogue?
---
THE END IS NEAR
#970 Posted: 06:23:02 26/02/2018
I forgot it had predetemined lines only, I remember the message box but not that you couldn't actually type there. And agreed nitedofan. It's just a shame so much of it is lost... as lacking as the game was it was a good bonus and had a lot of assets that were really good/clearly had effort put in them, a lot of which never appeared in the series again. Much better than Lost Islands imo (I'm not saying that doesn't have effort put into it, but it felt like a lot less than Universe and was nothing more than another mobile farming sim, weaker even in aspects of the island customization that should be its selling point). To this day it still bothers me that's the closest we got to a replacement and it's so lacking compared to even Universe.
Universe never would have been as successful as LI from being on PC (see: SA's PC sales) and especially with its terrible optimisation but I always found it so much better and it was just nice to have and be able to wander somewhere chill with your collection. But regardless, I just want to find more of Universe that seems to be lost... I guess we have a glimpse of most of it, but stuff like those small icons aren't a replacement for proper screenshots or rips of the decoration art, and we're still entirely missing things- those three lore tablets (and I'm sure one was about marauders, so at least that one is unique if I'm remembering that correctly), many character icons, loading screen images, general info about stuff that was in Universe like how many levels the minigames had or the Portal Master name choices, voiced dialogue (I don't know to what extent they were there, but I know Eon had even more voiced dialogue than in the trailer, there's a video on YouTube with some from the start of the game but it's sadly narrated over) and we will probably never see the really cute and cool character animations again outside of the two or three that exist as gifs and what is in the official trailer and rare video. Hell, I'd be surprised if there are screenshots of most of the minigames out there, a glimpse at those could have been lost without the trailer too. I'm grateful information about the island expansions and themes were properly documented and screenshotted, and somehow the flora too, but it feels lucky to find anything else and a lot of it only survives as stray scraps. I know the fandom was a lot more immature then and even a lot of SA stuff is barely findable, but it's poopy. Even look for this game on YouTube and there's barely any videos.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:39:03 26/02/2018 by Drawdler
#971 Posted: 12:14:28 26/02/2018
This was before I knew Hypercam still worked as well, so I never recorded anything. Would be nice to have a machine to copy them out of the memory, because I remember a lot of the old voices.
---
I do art!
"It's only you."
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4236
#972 Posted: 22:42:43 26/02/2018
it was quite meh but it did have potential
---
THE END IS NEAR
#973 Posted: 02:59:51 02/03/2018
hey we don't see 3ds stuff often is this new https://vimeo.com/173157442

---

tbh I lost motivation to update and organize my Universe post. Life's been **** for me and nobody else seems to want more. I stopped looking for info. I know I had more I didn't post there, but I can't get myself to do it anymore. I'm just coming back to this thread to say sorry about that. I've done this kind of **** too many times.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:05:13 29/03/2018 by Drawdler
#974 Posted: 12:44:07 29/03/2018
Don't worry Drawdler, if you don't have the motivation don't force yourself to finish it, especially on info that's so much work to get.
---
I do art!
"It's only you."
lordexodus Gold Sparx Gems: 2469
#975 Posted: 01:38:57 12/04/2018
Where can I buy Imaginators prototypes “with” chips?
---
Need accurate & evident release info on Skylanders Imaginators...
CountMoneyBone Gold Sparx Gems: 2867
#976 Posted: 11:40:19 13/04/2018
Quote: lordexodus
Where can I buy Imaginators prototypes “with” chips?

ebay.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#977 Posted: 21:22:43 19/08/2018
https://www.lisawileyart.com/superchargers/

More Superchargers concept art! Not all of it made it to the final game though...
---
I do art!
"It's only you."
#978 Posted: 13:33:48 19/10/2018

o___o
---
I do art!
"It's only you."
cookieeater Blue Sparx Gems: 512
#979 Posted: 04:24:46 10/11/2018
Quote: Bifrost

o___o

damn i came here to post this
---
my fursona is a hot dog
First | Previous | Page 20 of 20
1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me