Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > US Street date broken! Giants Starter Pack in hand!
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
US Street date broken! Giants Starter Pack in hand! [CLOSED]
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#201 Posted: 00:48:49 16/10/2012
Quote: Aura24
Spoilers much, ViD? A lot of us don't have the game earlier than you have. Next time add spoiler tags if you're going to post information that will spoil the game.

Well, doesn't the name of the topic give away that there will be spoilers...
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#202 Posted: 00:51:39 16/10/2012
The topic title only said he has the Giants Starter Pack in hand, but ViD recently added in his beginning comment that the topic will have spoilers in it. And I'm guessing you didn't see the rest of the conversation?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:56:11 16/10/2012 by Aura24
#203 Posted: 00:56:23 16/10/2012
His name is Videomancini, not ViD.

(My name is skyBAGEL, not "Sky" smilie)

But, no, I just looked at the conversation now, sorry smilie

Btw, what does HC mean?
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:06:34 16/10/2012 by Skybagel
#204 Posted: 01:00:32 16/10/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Still ermm... One day, as of nine seconds after my previous post.
If you guys have any questions after tomorrow I'll have the game then. And don't forget if Big W unload their truck and I'm there I'll get the game and Gnarl today...
A gif or something will be made. smilie

I'm crying in agony... But there are no tears...

THAT'S IT. DOC! GET THE PLUTONIUM.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:05:01 16/10/2012 by Skybagel
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#205 Posted: 01:01:25 16/10/2012
Herioc Challenge.

And Aura was just using an abbreviation of yours and Videomancini's names, no need to take it in a negative sense.
#206 Posted: 01:03:05 16/10/2012
Quote: isaac343018s
Herioc Challenge.

And Aura was just using an abbreviation of yours and Videomancini's names, no need to take it in a negative sense.

Idk it just sort of annoys me when people automatically make abbreviations and nicknames for people they don't even know...

Didn't mean to be mean though, Aura, sorry if it came across that way.

ANYWAYS, if the Mr. Fusion doesn't work and if we're out of plutonium I'm checking Wal-Mart for the starter pack!!!!!
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:04:08 16/10/2012 by Skybagel
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#207 Posted: 01:07:50 16/10/2012
You're lucky you live near or close to a Wal-Mart. The closest Wal-Mart to me is down the street! (Its due to be done before February) but other than that, the closest Wal-Mart is at least a 3-hour drive
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#208 Posted: 01:20:12 16/10/2012
SWAGNESS TIME BABY So I just got a wiiu from wall mart they put it down as a wii and got the wii starter pack with regular Cynder Total 75+75=160 dollars just that awsome
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Sackexchange Blue Sparx Gems: 802
#209 Posted: 01:24:59 16/10/2012
Well i got the best of my patience and went back to my walmart and grabbed one of the GITD that I hid the other night (front cashier wouldn't sell one to me). I took it to the cashier in the electronics and of course it didn't ring up again. I gave her some BS that a relative just left Walmart in the next town over with one without any problems. There was no price on it and she didn't know what to charge me so she took it to the price checker in one of the toy aisles and the price showed up. We walked back to the register and she said there must be something wrong with the system since its a new item. She manually put the price in. I briskly walked out the door with eyes on the back of my head. Now my son will have it to open on Saturday for his B-day.
L-Drobot 38 Green Sparx Gems: 156
#210 Posted: 01:34:23 16/10/2012
Hey! We just noticed something very interesting... We don't know if this happened in S:SA, but Prism Break's crystals are different colors depending on what path he is on. It was funny how we found it. We were going through all of our S1 Skylanders and adding them to our Collection on S:G, and I said, "Since when has Prism Break had yellow crystals?" Then, we put our other one on and they were green like usual...

One last thing, now EVERYONE except for Drill Sergeant, says their catch phrase. No more mumbling. (Bash) Unfortunately Trigger Happy and L-Trigger Happy's voice has been RUINED. It's horrible!

What the heck, Activision!!!!! smilie

EDIT:
What are you talking about? We know Sunburn has always been a boy..

Really? Oh, I was pretty sure she was a girl in the first game. Sorry. I will delete that part of the post. smilie

...but that doesn't change the point about Trigger Happy...

...AND GREAT, just found some more ruined ones... smilie Drobot, Camo, etc. GRRRR smilie ACTIVISION!!!!!!!

I know that this can't be right. In game, Whisper Elf (pet) has pink hair... While the figure has blue. Was that in the first game?
---
GEN III CNFRMD. MARIO KART 8 CNFRMD. AHHHHHHHHHH CNFRMD.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:53:18 16/10/2012 by L-Drobot 38
Jet Moto 4 Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#211 Posted: 01:34:56 16/10/2012
Quote: Sackexchange
Well i got the best of my patience and went back to my walmart and grabbed one of the GITD that I hid the other night (front cashier wouldn't sell one to me). I took it to the cashier in the electronics and of course it didn't ring up again. I gave her some BS that a relative just left Walmart in the next town over with one without any problems. There was no price on it and she didn't know what to charge me so she took it to the price checker in one of the toy aisles and the price showed up. We walked back to the register and she said there must be something wrong with the system since its a new item. She manually put the price in. I briskly walked out the door with eyes on the back of my head. Now my son will have it to open on Saturday for his B-day.

I'm definitely going to hit up my Wal-Marts again tomorrow. Maybe I'll get lucky, and it sounds like the electronics section is the best area for a smooth checkout.
#212 Posted: 01:35:39 16/10/2012
Quote: L-Drobot 38
Another thing, for all of you Sunburn fans, we found out that they completely changed his voice in Giants... And I mean, completely... He is no longer a girl. The new voice actor is a boy...(

What are you talking about? We know Sunburn has always been a boy.. And I like his new voice.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:37:14 16/10/2012 by Aura24
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#213 Posted: 01:36:10 16/10/2012
Hey! We just noticed something very interesting... We don't know if this happened in S:SA, but Prism Break's crystals are different colors depending on what path he is on. It was funny how we found it. We were going through all of our S1 Skylanders and adding them to our Collection on S:G, and I said, "Since when has Prism Break had yellow crystals?" Then, we put our other one on and they were green like usual...

Another thing, for all of you Sunburn fans, we found out that they completely changed his voice in Giants... And I mean, completely... He is no longer a girl. The new voice actor is a boy...

One last thing, now EVERYONE except for Drill Sergeant, says their catch phrase. No more mumbling. (Bash) Unfortunately Trigger Happy and L-Trigger Happy's voice has been RUINED. It's horrible!

What the heck, Activision!!!!! smilie

I am defending his voice. I love it. Just like ssa.

But they did terrible with Gr.
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#214 Posted: 01:48:51 16/10/2012
Sunburn has always been a boy with his roar like squawk voice
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#215 Posted: 01:50:40 16/10/2012
WHAT IS SUNBURNS NEW VOICE
---
#216 Posted: 01:50:41 16/10/2012
I'm going to Walmart on the 17th.
BOOM Yellow Sparx Gems: 1265
#217 Posted: 01:51:23 16/10/2012
havent read the pages but where is that walmart at CA or what
---
why are you reading this? your wasting your time...
#218 Posted: 01:56:13 16/10/2012
I'm going to pre-order, but if the game is there I will buy.

Then if it dosen't ring up I will say this...

"Well, it's your fault for putting it on the shelf before release, where everyone can see it and buy it... If I were younger I'd be dissapointed."
#219 Posted: 01:56:47 16/10/2012
Quote: BOOM
havent read the pages but where is that walmart at CA or what

No, read the first post. Norterra Walmart in Arizona.

Quote: ZapNorris
"Well, it's your fault for putting it on the shelf before release, where everyone can see it and buy it... If I were younger I'd be dissapointed."

smilie I have taught you well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:58:13 16/10/2012 by L-Drobot 38
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#220 Posted: 01:58:49 16/10/2012
Quote: ZapNorris
I'm going to pre-order, but if the game is there I will buy.

Then if it dosen't ring up I will say this...

Yes pre-ordering a GITD Starter Pack is better just in case they no longer have them in shelves when it's time to sell them on release day
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
BOOM Yellow Sparx Gems: 1265
#221 Posted: 02:00:05 16/10/2012
thanks aww well that sucks i was hoping it was in CA
---
why are you reading this? your wasting your time...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:00:38 16/10/2012 by BOOM
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#222 Posted: 02:18:21 16/10/2012
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi
@riverhippo, @Reiche was correct, it is a little confusing with the HC's. There are new ones that appeared with the new figures (Tree Rex, Shroomboom, Jet-Vac) and then there are some *old* HC's on the list that (as far as I can tell) appeared when we 'took ownership' of our older figures in the Giants game (there are some accolades for collections of certain old figures). The old HC's already showed as completed for my older figures that had completed them already in S:SA. I believe that the S2 Chop Chop *did* get a new HC, rather than just bringing the old one forward from S:SA. I cannot imagine that the new HC of finding 8 zombie heads (so they can have a dance party) belongs to Rex, Boom or Vac...

So forget some of what I said above. Sorry to confuse everyone. I was going from memory when I posted this (live and learn..). herp derp...

Here are the facts restated clearly:

1) new S:G figures have brand new HC's
2) old S1 figures DO NOT bring in any old HC's
3) new S2 re-poses DO bring in brand new HC's for those figures
4) Auric will SELL you the old HC's from S:SA, but it remains unclear if you will be able to buy all 32 of the originals (my feeling is yes, you will be able to as old figures join S:G...)

Sorry for the confusion. It's been a hectic weekend.

-VM

Interesting. For some reason I don't share the optimism that we can buy the new HCs. It seems like that would be the new character perks for buying them in the store. And as far as the HCs are concerned from character to character, the HCs progress is kept on the character, IIRC. this is why when you go to a new save slot with a character who has done a bunch of them already, they will already have them completed in that new game. But is this true for S:G? Can S1 Skylanders complete new character HC? if so, then that means their heroic level can go beyond 32.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the HCs are segregated based on character type. I would think if the giants unlock HCs, that those HCs would only be doable by giant characters.
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#223 Posted: 02:25:45 16/10/2012
Quote: dunkin
Guys my husband works at Walmart in the Electronics Department. He's stated that anyone who has ANY of the Giants stuff now, most likely stole it. Because it would most likely not ring up if its not yet in the system (can't so 100% for sure if this is true since some walmarts are different from one another). BUT.... Street dates broken is ILLEGAL. Buying anything before street date is also ILLEGAL. Guys seriously not funny.
I surely hope you legitly bought that and are telling the truth. I'd hate to hear you've stolen that from the store and didn't buy it.

I've already seen many of these on ebay now, where people have them on hand. Same with some of the figures. I have been tempted by them, but don't wish to condone a illegal act by buying them before street date.

I'm sorry but this sounds fishy to me....my husband has stated that he's SEEN the display AND the figures/Starter packs with his own eyes in the back, but they aren't allowed to put them on shelves OR sell them.

I want to point out that us (ViDeOmAnCiNi is my dad) buying Giants before street date may seem illegal, but it is Walmart's fault for selling to us. It is not an illegal act to buy it, because Walmart employees CHOSE to put it on the shelf, where all can get to it. If the game were to be "hidden", or in a place where you are not supposed to find it, and we bought it, yes, I might consider it illegal. It wasn't. THEY EVEN HAD A PRICE ON THE GAME AND ON THE SHELF FOR IT! They could have said it must be recalled, like they did to everyone else, but they didn't. The Walmart Drone at the register SAW all of the "Do not sell this item!" statements, but chose to sell it to us anyway. Therefore, you cannot blame us for owning it. All blame is to be directed towards Walmart.

Hey bro you need to chill. Don't talk to me like that. I am saying what I know. I have now realized that there is alot of walmarts now, apparently putting this game on the shelf. My biggest thing was, I was hoping that the people who got the game early actually PAID for it and didn't steal it like the husband and I were suspecting.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
#224 Posted: 02:28:33 16/10/2012
Quote: Dunkin
Hey bro you need to chill. Don't talk to me like that. I am saying what I know. I have now realized that there is alot of walmarts now, apparently putting this game on the shelf. My biggest thing was, I was hoping that the people who got the game early actually PAID for it and didn't steal it like the husband and I were suspecting.

Well L-Drobot is 13 years old, that would explain his rowdy response to you.
---
#225 Posted: 02:29:45 16/10/2012
What is sunburns new voice
---
#226 Posted: 02:35:06 16/10/2012

Not a good enough excuse. My 8 year old knows better than to talk to me or any adult that way. Not the point though, I'm over it. But either way, its funny to see people getting it early.

I know I however won't be. I'd rather wait for it, and get it when I'm suppose too. I'm not exactly that excited for this game in all honestly :/

@ Original Poster (Can't remember your name)- Thats good to know you actually got it legally. And hope the game is at least decent. LOL.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:50:40 16/10/2012 by Dunkin
#227 Posted: 02:36:49 16/10/2012
Yeah me to.
---
#228 Posted: 02:53:15 16/10/2012

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry! I wasn't trying to be mean! smilie I just put lots of bold so that it draws people's attention. I mostly bold only important stuff. Adding bold it makes it look important. I apologize 100% and take absolutely all blame for the "rowdy" looking response. Sorry for the misunderstanding! smilie

By the way, I am going to slightly reduce the amount of posts that I do, so if you have any questions about the game, the characters, or anything of that nature, please, feel free to pm me.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:55:17 16/10/2012 by L-Drobot 38
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#229 Posted: 04:19:27 16/10/2012
Woot I just got skylanders giants from Walmart.
---
37/37
#230 Posted: 04:34:18 16/10/2012
Quote: skittles4890
Woot I just got skylanders giants from Walmart.

Cool! What game system did you get it for? Did you buy the Portal Owners Pack or the Starter Pack? Did they give you any troubles about it? Please, share the information with the people!
---
#231 Posted: 04:39:40 16/10/2012
I got the start pack for ps3. At first yes try did and had me wait till midnight. But it still wouldn't ring up so the guy who was very nice did a price thing from that department and sold it to me.
---
37/37
#232 Posted: 04:46:05 16/10/2012
At first yes try did and had me wait till midnight.

What? I am so confused! What does that mean? Does it mean that TRU (Toys R Us) had you wait until midnight to buy it? Please explain!
---
Jet Moto 4 Blue Sparx Gems: 688
#233 Posted: 04:48:16 16/10/2012
I got the start pack for ps3. At first yes try did and had me wait till midnight. But it still wouldn't ring up so the guy who was very nice did a price thing from that department and sold it to me.

Thinking about going to my 24 hour Wal-Mart right now...What state are you in?
#234 Posted: 04:48:23 16/10/2012
Walmart had me wait till after midnight. But the computer still did not allow it to rung up but they sold it to me anyway.
---
37/37
ViDeOmAnCiNi Platinum Sparx Gems: 7062
#235 Posted: 05:10:34 16/10/2012 | Topic Creator
It is awesome that people are starting to get the game now! Dig in, it is a great sequel to a popular original game. We are having a great time going through it and look forward to getting a lot more new characters to work with in the game. Having only one giant gets old after a while. I want to see what the other ones can do.

My epic L-Triggs is up to lvl 13, almost to 14, but he has lost a lot of his original 65K in gold buying stuff from Auric. Those of you who have 65K gold on multiple characters are going to do WELL in the game. Auric's charms, HC's, battle arenas, skystones and stuff are getting more and more expensive as we get further into the game.

Enjoy all!

-VM
---
♫ "Many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I live for my dream and a pocketful of gold" ♫

FiUSAwS:G! http://bit.ly/R3L1lb
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#236 Posted: 05:11:50 16/10/2012
I love it. Most street dates break on Tuesday on the US. so they waited til Tuesday still couldn't figure out why the sale was blocked and sold it to you anyway. I am surprised everyone at Wal-mart seems completely clueless on the street date.
#237 Posted: 11:48:49 16/10/2012
If I say that I have the starter pack I hand will it actually appear in my hand... ?

No... ?

:'(

LAST DITCH EFFORT TO CHECK WAL-MART: COMMENCE!!!!!
---
Lgskylander Red Sparx Gems: 11
#238 Posted: 12:10:20 16/10/2012
How are you all able to purchase these? I went to two local Walmarts last night and found the Skylanders Giants starter packs at both, but I could not convince the salesman nor the manager to sell it to me even though I pointed out that it was stocked on the shelf. I was told repeatedly that if they sold it to me, they would be fine. So they could not overide the blocked sale and would pull what was stocked from the shelf.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#239 Posted: 12:26:21 16/10/2012
Holy.... so much wrong information in this thread.

People, please - try not to comment on how you think Street Dates work unless you know. Try not to comment how the inner workings of a Walmart store works unless you know. And I don't mean you know someone who told you.. I mean you have first-hand experience with the subject matter. I'm not even going to waste my time correcting all this complete nonsense that's been posted in this thread - but just a warning for any impressionable folks, don't believe everything you read on the internet - even more so in this thread.
#240 Posted: 12:29:27 16/10/2012
I am not sure it depends on the Walmart. I had a very nice employee who helped me. Since me and my friends were really patient and waiting for it he just did an item from a video game department. The orginal head from the video game department said it was out at midnight so the very nice cashier rung me out afte midnight. Buy the way I'm in Michigan.
---
37/37
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#241 Posted: 12:37:14 16/10/2012
My feels. Alright. To paraphrase Hugh... Just so you know, I'm about to unleash my rage. smilie

[rant]
Oh, god, where do I begin. Guys, I just want to say, shame on you. Shame on you all.
Remember when Toys"R"Us had the Dragonfire Cannon sent away early? Yep, I think we can all conclude that was an accident from the recalls. None of us expected to get it so early. Then a ton of inhands popping up everywhere for all Wave One stuff. Fair enough I guess that they made an error on that part, and decided to take it back.

And now the actual Walmart stuff. Yeah. It makes me angry, quite frankly.
It's not that America is getting it before us- fine, don't care, only three days beforehand, and nothing to get upset for anyway.
It's that you all choose to abuse it.
Shame, shame, shame on all of you trying to do this. For your own personal benefit, you're putting the jobs of honest Walmart workers at risk, just to get a game a week early.

It doesn't matter that they put it on the shelf early, if YOU buy it. That is NOT a valid excuse. That just means "oh I got the game early yay so if there's a problem with this let's blame Walmart". You shun people when they buy from scalpers, yet not yourself doing this?

Even though I want to say so much more I'm ending this rant now because I'm afraid if I don't I'll spout outright horrible insults, or incomprehensible poop, or incoherent things...
But I just want to say it... Again... Shame on you all.
[/rant]
Sigh, I will regret posting this. I can already tell.
(Though... If this stuff doesn't risk their jobs... I guess I have no objections then. I really don't know. All the facts in this thread are so blurred and I really never look into that kind of legality stuff.
Still, if it does, shame on you all, again.)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:46:03 16/10/2012 by Nibelilt
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6290
#242 Posted: 12:57:12 16/10/2012
^AGREENESS
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
#243 Posted: 13:02:50 16/10/2012
Technically mine was not rung out o the system. It was just rung out as a video game department item with the price till they can get it to ring out. And there head guy said it was a lot to be sold. So he got his dates mixed up. I would have been fine of they did not sell it to me.
---
37/37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:04:35 16/10/2012 by skittles4890
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#244 Posted: 13:18:45 16/10/2012
The fact that all of these are being bucket sold means Wal-Mart corporate could hypothetically still get a rough count on how many street breaks they have had at what stores and the identities of the cashiers performing them.

I do find it odd that there are a lot of reports of street break on the game but nothing on the figures
#245 Posted: 13:34:22 16/10/2012
Idk. The guy in charge of he video game department said it came out at midnight. So he was miss informed and the cashier went back and asked him. So we waited till midnight my recipt dosent say skylanders on it. I would of understood if they told me they can't sell it.
---
37/37
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#246 Posted: 14:28:48 16/10/2012

Prism Break has always had yellow beams if you took the prism upgrade path and upgraded his beams.
#247 Posted: 15:11:14 16/10/2012
Quote: Zing
Prism Break has always had yellow beams if you took the prism upgrade path and upgraded his beams.

Oh he has? Thanks for the info! We just were never sure because, honestly, to us, Prism Break is the worst Skylander there is. So we didn't use him that often. (And by worst, I'm judging by gameplay, not by looks. He actually looks pretty cool!) smilie
---
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#248 Posted: 15:52:39 16/10/2012
it confuses me greatly that the street date is broken in so many places. But as said, only on the starter packs and not the figures.... :/
Sparx dragonfly Blue Sparx Gems: 543
#249 Posted: 16:09:55 16/10/2012
^ Figures were in the Spanish Toys R Us of my city, all of Wave 1 of course
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:12:04 16/10/2012 by Sparx dragonfly
#250 Posted: 17:30:21 16/10/2012
Quote: UncleBob
Holy.... so much wrong information in this thread.

People, please - try not to comment on how you think Street Dates work unless you know. Try not to comment how the inner workings of a Walmart store works unless you know. And I don't mean you know someone who told you.. I mean you have first-hand experience with the subject matter. I'm not even going to waste my time correcting all this complete nonsense that's been posted in this thread - but just a warning for any impressionable folks, don't believe everything you read on the internet - even more so in this thread.

I use to work at walmart, so I know first hand how this works. The store could get in trouble for breaking street date. End of story. But like someone else has said, it really depends on the Walmart. Walmart is a company that is individual from other walmarts. As in the walmart down the street is compitition. They are all independant from one another...make sense? At least thats how it works where I live. I've never seen an exact same price on the same item at every walmart in my town. They compete with one another.

Anywho. I know Giants isn't being sold at the walmart I worked at (Where my husband works) they are still being kept in the back. The skylanders isle is pretty bare, but that hasn't changed the fact that they are keeping street date.

With that said, I hope the people who've gotten the game are at least enjoying it. I couldn't see myself getting very into it, without more than just 3 characters. I had to get one of every element on SA before I really had much fun. But thats just me.

I am gonna go by some of the other walmarts today and see if they are selling any of the figures. I wouldn't mind getting some of them before hand. But I plan to wait till street date to even bother with the game. Main reason being, I'm not as excited for the game as I am the figures....

AND: L-Drobot. No worries. Its fine. I hope you are enjoying your new game.
---
First | Previous | Page 5 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me