Page 1 of 1
Phase One of Fluid PvP Tiers [CLOSED]
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#1 Posted: 06:33:54 14/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Now before you go crazy on the results of the first phase, this list shows the results of completely random match-ups in random arenas with random players controlling the skylanders. Matches were played by players of four different circles on two xbox 360s, a PS3, and a Wii. Due to the nature of random matches at random arenas, strength of schedule had a huge impact of some placements

Here are the results of phase 1 in NO particular order. Let me stress they are not in order of placement.

Top tier:
Sonic Boom
Drill Sergeant
Terrafin
Slam Bam
Voodood
Stump Smash
Cynder
Hex
Bash
Ghost Roaster

Middle tier:
Gill Grunt
Warnado
Lightning Rod
Zook
Ignitor
Spyro
Dino-Rang
Drobot
Stealth Elf
Whirlwind
Wham Shell
Double Trouble

Bottom Tier:
Prism Break
Flameslinger
Trigger Happy
Zap
Sunburn
Chop Chop
Camo
Boomer
Eruptor
Wrecking Ball

As you can see, Strength of Schedule really slapped a few of these guys. A few interesting things of note:

Terrafin had arguably the toughest stregth of schedule, and had the best win percentage. He is so far from overrated it isn't even funny. Sorry I ever doubted you. He is like a top team out of the SEC in college football. I've said it before: the guy really only looses when you are lazy or get bored.

I'm not sure how Hex made it to top Tier. Lucky Break on schedule mainly. I doubt she'll last

Stealth Elf and Stump Smash had opposite situations. One faced the two dasher undead skylanders on the ice several times. One avoided them altogether. Now look who's laughing. Camo had the most matches out of any skylanders against his weakness element.

Drobot had a similar fate as Stealth with Bash and Terrafin gladly showing him the door to the middle tier.

I'm convinced my nephews are clueless on how to play Sunburn

Typhoon Titan Performed far better then Grand Lightning Master

Whirlwind was one win from the top Tier

Phase two will consist of matches being played only against those in their current tier. Groups having inferior results with certain skylanders were encouraged to reset and change their spec. All my skylanders all have the three starter pack heroic challenges done as well as their own now. Other groups have all 32 complete. The mix is to find a middle ground between those with some skylanders and those with many to all, but most skylanders were virtually unaffected by this, and it will be more easily results of phase one and two will be added together to move into phase three.

And please participate in the current challenge
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=57133

You can participate with a partial entry, just run what matches you can.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:19:46 15/08/2012 by Earth-Dragon
#2 Posted: 04:17:46 15/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Hey guys. I'm looking for some non-bias volunteers to run matches. I need one volunteer with at least 3 competent players on the Wii, and another group of at least 3 on the PS360. Please post or message me if interested.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#3 Posted: 17:16:11 16/08/2012
This project is already looking good so far, so good luck with progressing it!

I may recommend that you divide the list in to Wii-specific and PC/PS3/Xbox360-specific, because of the differences in game mechanics between those two groups that can profoundly affect the PvP performance of certain Skylanders.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#4 Posted: 03:01:29 17/08/2012 | Topic Creator
This list is meant to roll into Giants. My hope is that it will all be evened out with the new game, if not, I'll just go with PS360 since that is what I have. If a Wii user wants to transition it to Wii, it would take one cycle to do it, as the bad placements would fix themselves.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me