Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Sidekicks Or Flocked Stump Smash In The UK
Page 1 of 1
Sidekicks Or Flocked Stump Smash In The UK [CLOSED]
shinybenny7 Green Sparx Gems: 200
#1 Posted: 19:25:24 22/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Does Anybody Think Wether the sidekicks or flocked stumpy will come out in the UK?
---
37/37Yay!smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#2 Posted: 19:33:37 22/05/2012
They will, sooner or later.
---
Bring the Fanta
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#3 Posted: 21:37:47 22/05/2012
well i'm not holding my breath until they do
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#4 Posted: 21:41:49 22/05/2012
Well, some regions didn't even get Volcanic Vault...
---
Are you my mummy?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#5 Posted: 22:18:02 22/05/2012
Well, here's what I'm theorizing: no, you won't get Flocked Stumpy. If you do, it'll more than likey be through Walkers Chips, the Frito-lay branch in the UK.

If not, don't fret. He's not any different than the one you'd find at a store. And, even if you don't get it, you can't really make a big deal because they're colector editions of the figures. They're meant to be exclusive; similar to the Toy Fair figures. It kind of sucks, but that's just the way it is. For instance, there's a Gwen and Grandpa Max figures from the Ben 10 line that was exclusive to the UK.

Who knows, maybe you guys will get your own exclusive!

For sidekicks, I...don't really know. Depends on how, if and when you guys have a promotion from Walkers.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#6 Posted: 22:41:53 22/05/2012
I can pretty much guarentee the UK will never see Flock Smash. He is a limited edition figure with an announced print run. It would be like them redistributing Pearl Hex in the US. Flock Smash is a limited figure and always been presented as one. If the UK was going to get Flock Smash it would have likely been a promotion running parralel to the Frito-Lays one.

The sidekicks are a different matter. They contain in game content and will likely not be presented as limited edition figures (the term exclusive will likely be used instead). TFB and activision like money and will likely find an alternative way to distribute these as hey have with other exclusives like dark spyro, volcanic vault and blue bash.

Honestly, we do not even know for sure how the sidekicks are being distributed in the US yet other than it will involve a Frito Lay promotion connected to the same 20 pack bags used for Flocky. The amount of US distribution and promotion given to the sidekicks will make a huge difference to if they are even obtainable. I would expect the no purchase needed wins to be scaled way back, but that is just a guess.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#7 Posted: 22:44:11 22/05/2012
taken from the uk skylanders hunters thread ...

Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
Quote: kiz3000
I too got that email from play.com. I found it very odd as that was the date anyway.

I another note i really hope that walkers gets some skylanders sidekicks to distribute here. It would suck if they don't as the sidekicks are in the games coding.

I already contacted Walkers in relation to the last promotion (win random figure or Flocked Stumpy). I got a reply.

Dear Mrs Ralph

Thank you very much for your recent email.

Its great to learn how much you enjoy our promotions and that of our sister company, and whilst we are always very interested in new ideas which could possibly help our business. **

Unfortunately however I do have to disappoint you as I am not aware of any plansa to launch a similar promotion here within the UK at this time.

Thank you once again for taking the time to contact us.

Regards

Karen De Burle
Customer Services

Not the answer I was hoping for smilie
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#8 Posted: 08:16:50 23/05/2012
^ You got there before me T7gga smilie
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me