Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
CONTEST: The next one [CLOSED]
dangernoah2 Green Sparx Gems: 401
#101 Posted: 17:39:03 14/05/2012
what about create your own varient
---
help with my skylander cartoon http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=53603
MaleforSxC Blue Sparx Gems: 649
#102 Posted: 08:01:24 26/05/2012
How about a create your own Skylander contest! But... <don't start throwing tomatoes yet!> we have to create a new element too! Like a Light Skylander, a Darkness Skylander or a... <I'm saving my idea for later!> You can do adventure packs too!

Quote: dangernoah2

Do you mean element like Earth, Undead, Magic, Tech etc etc...
If so, then, cool!
---
Story Status - The Plan of thanatos - Chapter 19 is up --
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:25:29 27/05/2012 by MaleforSxC
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#103 Posted: 10:05:55 09/06/2012
this thread is pretty much outdated... are we going to have a contest?
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Blazier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1711
#104 Posted: 13:04:01 09/06/2012
Quote: MaleforSxC
How about a create your own Skylander contest! But... <don't start throwing tomatoes yet!> we have to create a new element too! Like a Light Skylander, a Darkness Skylander or a... <I'm saving my idea for later!> You can do adventure packs too!

If so, then, cool!

I think he means like crystal clear gitd gold silver so stuff like that
---
BLAZIER APPROVED
#105 Posted: 15:56:19 17/06/2012
Quote: Blazier
Quote: MaleforSxC

If so, then, cool!

I think he means like crystal clear gitd gold silver so stuff like that

ok.
Anyway! When will we have this contest! StormbringerGT!!! When will it be???
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:29:50 19/06/2012 by MaleforSxC
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#106 Posted: 17:12:27 17/06/2012
The person who made this topic hasn't been on the site in over a month, so I don't see this happening anytime soon.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
#107 Posted: 12:30:29 19/06/2012
Quote: Dunkin
The person who made this topic hasn't been on the site in over a month, so I don't see this happening anytime soon.

Why, oh why, oh why!!!!!
---
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#108 Posted: 21:12:38 19/06/2012
I hope he sent the prizes from the last contest to the other winners because I never recieved the Wham Shell that I supposedly won. I don't mind if I never get it because I finally found a Wham Shell the other day at Target =).
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:14:09 19/06/2012 by OpalOsprey
TubSinabs14 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#109 Posted: 00:45:34 20/06/2012
If we ever have this contest...

How about customize your own Skylander?!

Here's the requirements:

-The Skylander actually work in the game (when you take it apart, you may break the chip, make sure it still works in game)

Include at least one of the following, but multiple elements are encouraged:

-Create have some sort of different paint scheme (Even if you just enhance the original)
-Add some sort of interactive element (e.i. moveable part (moving arms etc.)
-Add a peripheral (add your favorite hat literally on your Skylander)

How to submit:
-create an advertisement youtube video showcasing the features (and that it shows up in game
-To not give people with video editing skills - no editing, its just your acting, the camera, and your Skylander.
-Don't show your face, its all about the Skylander.

Do Not:
-only one Skylander, not multiple figures creating a scene.
-Use video editing tools
-Purchase a custom Skylander from a professional, must be original work.
-Enter in an age category too young for you (See below)

The Judging Rubric could be something like this:
-quality of the figure: how well is it painted, how well to any modifications work with the original asthetic of the skylander - can you still tell who it is...
-Uniqueness of the figure: is the paint scheme multicolored, with personality or is it just painted all gold.
- What is the peripheral, is it moveable arms (cool, but simple - better wrecking ball with a toungue that shoots out when you push it down making
his legs go out like they do in the game.
-Originality - everybody has different levels of talent, if there is a really, really, really good idea that just couldn't be executed correctly because of lack of talent they shouldn't be totally cut from the judging, it still has to be pretty good, but not perfect.

I agree with the idea of having multiple classes (e.i. those old enough to participate in the forum, and those who are two young), The younger ones, can enter through their parents, or older sibling to win a smaller prize (one of the billion and a half boomers or wrecking balls everyone has from the frito contest.) The way they prove their young age, is through the video - they have to be the one presenting it, not the parents (I know it is not a perfect system, but it should help.)

Also after the first and second prizes are given out, more of those wrecking balls and boomers can be given away to the older group.

Here is my idea for a remake:
Dark Zook
-Paint scheme: Dark... A dark gray with a tiny hint of green. The center of his body is more gray, the edges are vibrant green. Cracks/scar lines/tatoo that add more green, and a little bit of purple highlights. His bazooka is a lighter gray with a hint of lavender and lavender highlights, with a rocket that is
based in the color that this site has as a backround for the footer - purple. also the leafy headpiece is mainly the dark gray fading to the purple, with
hints of silver.
-Peripheral: Cactus barrier - self explanitory
-Interactive: arms move up and down, jaw moves up and down, the Bazooka actually fires when you pull back the scope* - That ones the kicker.

Well I know its a long shot, but I'd love to hear other peoples ideas, we've seen some great customs, maybe some people just need the motivation of a contest to actually make their ideas a reality.

*If you know a good way to get the rocket out without ripping the bazooka, I would greatly appreciate it before I begin to drill into my beloved Zook.
---
37/37 Werds BB GITDsmilie flockedsmilie Sidekicks Wave 1 Wave 2 smilieGranitesmilieGITDsmilie+portal+smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie. Expecting SEXY smilie. NEEEEED smilie
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#110 Posted: 03:30:07 20/06/2012
um, actually, the contest is off. and the topic creator hasn't been on for weeks
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#111 Posted: 03:59:03 20/06/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
I hope he sent the prizes from the last contest to the other winners because I never recieved the Wham Shell that I supposedly won. I don't mind if I never get it because I finally found a Wham Shell the other day at Target =).

Wow really? I traded with him a few months back (For wham shell) and I got mine...course this was before the contest and all.
Hm, thats weird :/

At least you were able to get a whammy. I've still NEVER seen one in my town at all lol.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
#112 Posted: 17:11:01 22/06/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey

Interesting!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:12:09 22/06/2012 by MaleforSxC
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#113 Posted: 00:35:04 23/06/2012
I jest got that pack I'm still waiting in the mail for it
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#114 Posted: 07:56:21 03/08/2012
Guys how do I post my pic on this?!!! IMPOSSHIBLE
---
cry baby, I am
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#115 Posted: 19:40:35 04/08/2012
^ The contest isn't active, the topic creator no longer visits the site. If you need help with anything, you can refer to the Help Files located in the top left corner of the screen above the site's poll (it's the last link under "Forum").

If you want to post an image, click on the small picture of the tree in the "Your Comment" box and it should place these ".[.img] [./img]" in the text box. Copy your image's url (right click the image and select "copy image url". Keep in mind that it's not the same as the websites url.) and paste it in between the image brachets.

Example: [.img]paste your url here[./img] (Don't include the periods in your brackets).

I hope this helps you. Good luck and welcome to the site =)!
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me