Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
Look what I found [CLOSED]
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#151 Posted: 22:06:35 12/04/2012
Heading out to my 5 Walmarts I got a whole sheet of paper with info and tips I also got 5 nice crsip $5 bills. I'll bribe an employee to go back there is I have!

If i find any, first thing I'm doing is buying a bunch and selling them back to you guys at cost. Those who need them. I don't plan to buy all, so that way people can come in and get some.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#152 Posted: 22:07:51 12/04/2012
I need FIVE of them, Stormbringer. Woe is me. smilie *sarcasm*

Good luck finding them. smilie
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#153 Posted: 22:16:13 12/04/2012
Thanks for the good luck! Hope it rubs off! And thanks for continuing to look for me. I really appreciate that!
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#154 Posted: 22:21:57 12/04/2012
Anytime. Calling places as I type.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#155 Posted: 22:22:42 12/04/2012
yay! got my jaw from the ground.
#156 Posted: 22:28:05 12/04/2012
AH COOL! I called Gamestop while I was going around with my friend, she said yes we have them in! I asked if she can hold at least one of each for me and she said she couldn't because of limited quantities and how rare they are. First come first serve. I drop my "I'm a fellow employee line" and she said nope.

My friend guns it and we take off towards the Gamestop I called. It must have been what 10 minutes from when I called to when I got there. I see a Lady checking out with 5 of Each Camo and Warnado... I died inside.

I asked her on her way out if she would sell me one and she said sure, shes putting up her craigslist ad now. $50. I sadly saw no thanks.
She looks at my shirt and says awesome shirt where'd I get it (its a black custom made T-shirt with a picture of Flameslinger on it) I smiled and told her I'd trade it for $50. She sniffed and walked away.

So close, yet so far. Back to the hunt...
---
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#157 Posted: 22:30:19 12/04/2012
^ *weeps*
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#158 Posted: 22:32:26 12/04/2012
Quote: StormbringerGT
AH COOL! I called Gamestop while I was going around with my friend, she said yes we have them in! I asked if she can hold at least one of each for me and she said she couldn't because of limited quantities and how rare they are. First come first serve. I drop my "I'm a fellow employee line" and she said nope.

My friend guns it and we take off towards the Gamestop I called. It must have been what 10 minutes from when I called to when I got there. I see a Lady checking out with 5 of Each Camo and Warnado... I died inside.

I asked her on her way out if she would sell me one and she said sure, shes putting up her craigslist ad now. $50. I sadly saw no thanks.
She looks at my shirt and says awesome shirt where'd I get it (its a black custom made T-shirt with a picture of Flameslinger on it) I smiled and told her I'd trade it for $50. She sniffed and walked away.

Now those are the kind of people you hate. Resellers. Lol'd at you asking for $50 for the shirt.
Least you could do though is report the ad for fun. Hope she doesn't make a dime off them.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#159 Posted: 22:38:55 12/04/2012
I LOVE how you said you'd sell the shirt for $50. Made my day
---
but i love it all smooth
#160 Posted: 22:46:59 12/04/2012
Quote: LevanJess
I LOVE how you said you'd sell the shirt for $50. Made my day

I'm normally not so snarky. But she was soooooo smug! smilie
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#161 Posted: 22:49:31 12/04/2012
I don't blame you honestly, I'd do the same thing.
Still. Pretty clever, lol
---
but i love it all smooth
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#162 Posted: 22:57:42 12/04/2012

That is sad. She should have at least sold one of them to you. I've never encountered anyone who was interested in what I was holding inside a store but if some kid or person came up to me and I have multiples then I'll surely give them up.

On another subject, this forums gives too much easy information. The fact that scalpers are mocking us is really pissing me of. One thing I know is if scalpers don't know when the item is coming, then they don't know where to look for. It is just sad that all the information that true collectors are divulging on this forum just gives the scalpers the info they need to beat us to it.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#163 Posted: 23:03:13 12/04/2012
I don't think the scalper is mocking us to be honest. They're just making their business. They are taking advantage of the shady releasing ways of Activision.

And even if they were, it's much sweeter to tell them no thanks with a smile on your face because you know they won't sell out for very long.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:04:02 12/04/2012 by Hexin_Wishes
#164 Posted: 23:05:32 12/04/2012
Yeah well it sucks, but life goes on.

Its just the amount of resources these hunts take are not funny.
---
#165 Posted: 23:07:47 12/04/2012
You know, it just hit me, have any of us ever complained to Activision about their release method? It seems like all we do is complain here as opposed to the actual company...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#166 Posted: 23:13:23 12/04/2012
Quote: Hexin_Wishes
You know, it just hit me, have any of us ever complained to Activision about their release method? It seems like all we do is complain here as opposed to the actual company...

I've posted on the Skylanders page a few times, but I'd doubt they ever read it besides to console a few angry fans (which seems to be growing as the days go on)

I'd doubt they do anything anyways besides maybe saying the classic "We've very sorry you're not yada yada yada". The equivalent of a shoulder to cry on. They're making money either way, and even if everyone on this board stopped buying, there's still thousands of people who'd go full out Hunger Games for a figure they want.

I posted on the Skylanders page earlier about what they could easily do now that all figures are released; send them out one character per case (6 Camos, 6 Zook, etc). That way there's plenty and if an employee takes something out, there's still plenty for other people. (This is especially frustrating now when there's ONE of the new figures in a box with 4-5 others who've been out for a long time)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#167 Posted: 23:29:04 12/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
I need FIVE of them, Stormbringer.

I see a Lady checking out with 5 of Each Camo and Warnado... I died inside.

Comedy gold right there.
#168 Posted: 23:31:21 12/04/2012
Trying to get a hold of anyone with real power in activision is a nightmare, but you have a point Hexin, thats really the only way to change things is to let them know they are doing it wrong.

However they might not know this.

At the end of each month when they look at Skylanders sales, I'm sure nothing at all looks wrong with those figures. Why change what isn't broken. If we are willing to jump through hoops, then why change it?

Obviously I don't think that, but that might be their mentality. I still remember the beanie baby and Furbie and Tickle me Elmo frenzy. Those were careful calculated publicity stunts to make them "must buy" items.
---
#169 Posted: 23:36:08 12/04/2012
Trying to get a hold of anyone with real power in activision is a nightmare, but you have a point Hexin, thats really the only way to change things is to let them know they are doing it wrong.

At the end of each month when they look at Skylanders sales, I'm sure nothing at all looks wrong with those figures. Why change what isn't broken. If we are willing to jump through hoops, then why change it?

Obviously I don't think that, but that might be their mentality. I still remember the beanie baby and Furbie and Tickle me Elmo frenzy. Those were careful calculated publicity stunts to make them "must buy" items.

That is what I have been saying. This whole "shortage" is manufactured by them to make them more of a hot item than they are.

However, if I recall correctly, Furbies and Tickle Me Elmos all had an option to pre-order them. So why not at least allow pre-orders?
#170 Posted: 23:47:42 12/04/2012
Quote: Hexin_Wishes

That is what I have been saying. This whole "shortage" is manufactured by them to make them more of a hot item than they are.

However, if I recall correctly, Furbies and Tickle Me Elmos all had an option to pre-order them. So why not at least allow pre-orders?

Activision: 'Cause!
---
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#171 Posted: 02:43:03 13/04/2012
Folks, do you realize that Activision probably has a troll on this board that reads what we write. In fact, they are probably paid to do just that. To read all day long...and to scope out everything. What we talk about is likely heard. And they probably see what we do, and they may even use it to hurt or help us. We are the customers...and our words speak volumes to them on how to do things better. We are free advice and I assure in the future you will notice what we complain about is implemented and fixed for future releases. If I say it would be awesome to see an all pink Zap and enough people clamor for it. They will make it. Okay...maybe we don't hold that kind of power, but they know very well about this forum.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#172 Posted: 03:13:55 13/04/2012
^Of course employees read this forum. Every company has a team checking out the Internet feedback and discussions. However, in saying that, they still mostly filter out information that they have
Pooled. At least through email, we have a stronger and more direct approach than hoping someone from their e-team is helping us out.
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#173 Posted: 03:21:17 13/04/2012
I can't see it on my computer! what is it!?
#174 Posted: 00:49:00 14/04/2012
you dont wanna know...................
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#175 Posted: 01:21:36 14/04/2012
^Lol Ill tell you
He has a pic of 34 Camos and 34 Warnafos also 2 packs of Lightning rid and Zook
takcom69 Red Sparx Gems: 43
#176 Posted: 22:32:46 14/04/2012
That's pathetic really pathetic that the only way for you recieve attention is to buy a table full of hard to find skylanders before consumers who actually will play with these cant buy them at the already 3 dollar over priced price. So now they have to pay 10 times the amount to play with them. Dick move buddy you get no props here besides you wont even tell us your secret or where you got them. Congratulations your an official selfish asshat.
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6325
#177 Posted: 22:34:46 14/04/2012
He said they were all from walmart! listen trolls.
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#178 Posted: 22:43:08 14/04/2012
Quote: xerokills
Folks, do you realize that Activision probably has a troll on this board that reads what we write.

well the Activision Social Media Manager has visited recently but not posted for a while ...

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/profile.php?user=9451
chopchop Blue Sparx Gems: 552
#179 Posted: 19:57:59 15/04/2012
SCALPER!!!!
---
This user has died
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#180 Posted: 20:32:42 15/04/2012
Post deleted
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:36:31 16/04/2012 by Fernandez2
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#181 Posted: 21:16:27 15/04/2012
Quote: Fernandez2
Yeah. So much for "PM me and I'll tell u how". PMed him days ago and have never heard back. This stunk like a "look at me, how cool I am cause I got all these toys and you don't" kind of thread but was reserving judgement in case he was really planning on helping others out.....guess he wasn't.....

I dont know if it will work honestly. It only works in walmart because honestly the stockers are so lazy lol. Most of these came out of the back room because they dont restock. I can tell you that the cases here end in 97 so if someone is looking in the back they just need to look for that case. It is more complicated but really only works at walmart.
zepolystek Green Sparx Gems: 108
#182 Posted: 21:30:17 15/04/2012
We should all move on! I know how desperate we all are about getting these and being done with the game. However, it's a waste of time to drive aorund and ask if the figurines aren't ou there. The actual rumor I'm going to belive is that Activision did not mean to release these yet. That's why the scarcity. Imagine, even in the case of Lrod, Zook event at TRU, they had enough within all the boxes instead of one/two. So even if you call walmart with the upc and they look up that they have x amount of skylanders, that only means there may one or two back there if they haven;t sold it yet, which has usually been the case unless your lucky. If they tell you they have some on order, that doesn't mean they are coming. The machine has to say in transit which is usually when their stock is super low, not the case nowadays. Then there's also the chance that in the shipments there are none. The box number 97 only worked before scalpers got their info too and the few that managed to get out to their stores first. Unless you live in one of those Walmarts that rarely gets a visit or in an area with minimum gamers or poor people that cant afford this game, chances are the ones shipped are gone.
---
HAVE smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Fernandez2 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1119
#183 Posted: 03:36:02 16/04/2012
Ok, so I was informed that the OP never got my PM so I take my previous comment back. My bad.
walker2003 Green Sparx Gems: 223
#184 Posted: 12:53:07 16/04/2012
I checked Wal-Mart.com for stock and it showed they had 1. I went to the store and they were not on the shelves. I asked a man working there and he said they had over 100 Skylanders in the stock room. He said they stopeed putting them all out because customers would go off in a corner and open the package. They were stealing the Skylander and leaving the package. He was very nice and brought me back one Camo and one Warnado. He said they had more in the back.
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#185 Posted: 13:59:12 16/04/2012
That reason is illogical. There are thousands of items in the store that people will take out of the package and steal. Do they keep everything in the back?
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#186 Posted: 15:45:56 16/04/2012
Quote: Zing
That reason is illogical. There are thousands of items in the store that people will take out of the package and steal. Do they keep everything in the back?

Yeah. How the heck are they going to sell everything is they are keeping it at the back.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Skylanders4life Red Sparx Gems: 15
#187 Posted: 00:23:53 17/04/2012
Dude,can I have one I'll pay u cuz I can't find it ANYWHERE my email is Ryan607@fuse.net I need this[img][url]">">[img][url]
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#188 Posted: 01:10:59 17/04/2012
Will you sell them on eBay
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#189 Posted: 01:16:33 17/04/2012
So are they on salee or what?
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#190 Posted: 00:09:13 02/05/2012
Quote: iluvskylanders
Your eye of the camel reference really has nothing to do with me buying and selling skylanders. You sort of missed the whole point with that reference. No I am not trying to sell this at all. I have gotten almost 70 pms about this and am still trying to answer them all . I am letting anyone that wants to know how I found them but I am not helping other scalpers out. Honestly this is not hard at all it is all about how you ask and knowing a little about how walmart works. The best comments I have seen is how I am taking away from people that really want them. How about you get on activisions website and complain to them. I dont make these I just buy them. Once I buy something I can do whatever I want with it. I can make a giant castle of skylanders if I want to. I didnt sit and wait. I didnt call and get anyone to hold anything. I went in the store just like any of you can do and bought them. I didnt even do this all in one day. People had plenty of chances to get these. They didnt.

if you did this just to prove you "Can help" people find them, why did you buy that much anyways? i think its great you're trying to help people, but leaving them in the stores and just buying what you need will be enough to help people. i now know why i cant find any zooks, lightning rods, warnados, and camos. because people are buying these for self profit! if you say you are going to sell these to people. whats the point? people can buy these just as easily at their local walmart/gamestop, IF you didnt buy all of them! you yourself is causing a problem that you are trying to solve. so dont be a **** and just return these, i hate scalpers. sorry if i offended you or anything, im just fed up with people hoarding skylanders and selling them for profit.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#191 Posted: 00:10:47 02/05/2012
Quote: takcom69
That's pathetic really pathetic that the only way for you recieve attention is to buy a table full of hard to find skylanders before consumers who actually will play with these cant buy them at the already 3 dollar over priced price. So now they have to pay 10 times the amount to play with them. Dick move buddy you get no props here besides you wont even tell us your secret or where you got them. Congratulations your an official selfish asshat.

this, just this smilie
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#192 Posted: 00:18:08 02/05/2012
Quote: iluvskylanders

no comment available
icecube7731 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#193 Posted: 00:39:16 02/05/2012
Quote: walker2003
I checked Wal-Mart.com for stock and it showed they had 1. I went to the store and they were not on the shelves. I asked a man working there and he said they had over 100 Skylanders in the stock room. He said they stopeed putting them all out because customers would go off in a corner and open the package. They were stealing the Skylander and leaving the package. He was very nice and brought me back one Camo and one Warnado. He said they had more in the back.

Yeah walmart pissed me off cuz the same thing happened to me but they said they can't pull anything from the back without corporate approval.
---
37skylanders bsmilie rsmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
28skylanders + minis(no smilie)
SSF: All minus dark STT: All standard
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me