Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Look what I found [CLOSED]
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#51 Posted: 23:24:17 10/04/2012
Quote: iluvskylanders
[User Posted Image]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

smilie Just smilie and a smilie
jasonsmom Green Sparx Gems: 324
#52 Posted: 23:25:35 10/04/2012
I love it! On many levels actually. But don't say the word giants. They might think you hijacked a boat from china and took all of activision's inventory!
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6325
#53 Posted: 23:33:10 10/04/2012
What? are most of you guys that are saying he is bad are TROLLS! Egad man!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:34:10 10/04/2012 by AJAwesome
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#54 Posted: 23:41:49 10/04/2012
Negative opinion =/= Trolling
---
but i love it all smooth
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#55 Posted: 23:49:59 10/04/2012
I think Waldo is hiding behind your TV.
---
#all Spyros are valid
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#56 Posted: 23:53:42 10/04/2012
you make me sick...
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#57 Posted: 00:34:14 11/04/2012
I can't with this thread... All those damn Camos in someone's possession. T-T

And pshhh, that Elephant SHOULD be a Giant. It's cute and awesome and probably better than what they have planned anyways.
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#58 Posted: 00:36:45 11/04/2012
I still don't understand.
Is this a for sale post or something?

-M
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#59 Posted: 00:41:38 11/04/2012
If they each sell for $50 not including zooks and his lightning friends. Hell get about $2600 for them.

Assuming he paid around retail of $10 a piece for them that's around $520 cost. Not a bad haul.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#60 Posted: 00:47:38 11/04/2012
Something is still odd about this whole thing me thinks.
-M
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#61 Posted: 00:49:40 11/04/2012
I still look at it like this. God sorts out the greedy from the non-greedy.

The greedy can't die with their money, so why care more about money in life, than helping others? We are all maggot food in time. It can be in the next minute, or in 50 years. Death comes for us all. I want to die with a clean conscience. I want to die knowing I helped people more than make a profit off of them.

Just my take. The reason I'm not getting mad at scalpers anymore, is because I am the least of their problems in life. Their problem comes when they meet their maker. Yikes. That's all I can say. I simply can't care what happens to them when they die. I mean, it says that a camel has a better chance at going through the eye of a needle, than a rich man entering the kingdom of God. That tells me H*** is in order for the greedy.

Not my problem where they go. As long as I die with a clean conscience and knowing what I did in life, was to try and help others before making a quick buck, that's all that matters.

That's why people getting mad at the scalpers here, shouldn't be mad. Feel sorry for them, in all honesty. When death comes knocking on their door at any given moment in life (could be while they're driving around to grab scalp-worthy items), they are in for a wild eternity.

So, peeps, don't hate on the scalpers. Let them do their thing, and everyone else do their thing. That's all anyone can do in life. Let God sort out the problems humans put fellow humans through. His wrath is a *****. I know from experience.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Alcatalog Blue Sparx Gems: 753
#62 Posted: 00:51:42 11/04/2012
Wow that's crazy, we spent 2 hours looking for 1 of each and came up empty today!
---
Got 38
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#63 Posted: 00:53:02 11/04/2012
^Now you Know why
smilie
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#64 Posted: 00:53:14 11/04/2012
*if you're religious
---
but i love it all smooth
#65 Posted: 00:55:46 11/04/2012
Yes, if you're religious.

Naturally some think what they think about how the planet and us humans magically appeared in a vast void of nothingness.

However, as humans, it's still odd to see why humans mess over one another.
---
posreject Yellow Sparx Gems: 1331
#66 Posted: 01:01:05 11/04/2012
Toooo many replies to this useless topic. I don't care if he gives them to charity - he still took them from the local population that is actively looking for them.
---
S:SA: 37/37, 3 variants & 4 SK
S:G: 54/54, 14 variants & 4 SK
S:SF: lost count...
iluvskylanders Red Sparx Gems: 38
#67 Posted: 01:24:18 11/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Your eye of the camel reference really has nothing to do with me buying and selling skylanders. You sort of missed the whole point with that reference. No I am not trying to sell this at all. I have gotten almost 70 pms about this and am still trying to answer them all . I am letting anyone that wants to know how I found them but I am not helping other scalpers out. Honestly this is not hard at all it is all about how you ask and knowing a little about how walmart works. The best comments I have seen is how I am taking away from people that really want them. How about you get on activisions website and complain to them. I dont make these I just buy them. Once I buy something I can do whatever I want with it. I can make a giant castle of skylanders if I want to. I didnt sit and wait. I didnt call and get anyone to hold anything. I went in the store just like any of you can do and bought them. I didnt even do this all in one day. People had plenty of chances to get these. They didnt.
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#68 Posted: 01:26:54 11/04/2012
Not mad, just a bit jealous.

Edit: OP is not from my neck of the woods.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:20:24 11/04/2012 by sykotek
#69 Posted: 01:36:56 11/04/2012
Here's the sticky part for me. My license is suspended. I can't shoot to Walmarts and do this. Sadness. I tried over the phone. Doesn't work. smilie
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#70 Posted: 01:42:32 11/04/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

The greedy can't die with their money, so why care more about money in life, than helping others? We are all maggot food in time. It can be in the next minute, or in 50 years. Death comes for us all. I want to die with a clean conscience. I want to die knowing I helped people more than make a profit off of them.

Just my take. The reason I'm not getting mad at scalpers anymore, is because I am the least of their problems in life. Their problem comes when they meet their maker. Yikes. That's all I can say. I simply can't care what happens to them when they die. I mean, it says that a camel has a better chance at going through the eye of a needle, than a rich man entering the kingdom of God. That tells me H*** is in order for the greedy.

Not my problem where they go. As long as I die with a clean conscience and knowing what I did in life, was to try and help others before making a quick buck, that's all that matters.

That's why people getting mad at the scalpers here, shouldn't be mad. Feel sorry for them, in all honesty. When death comes knocking on their door at any given moment in life (could be while they're driving around to grab scalp-worthy items), they are in for a wild eternity.

So, peeps, don't hate on the scalpers. Let them do their thing, and everyone else do their thing. That's all anyone can do in life. Let God sort out the problems humans put fellow humans through. His wrath is a *****. I know from experience.

So basically what you're saying is that scalpers deserve a life of hell because they purchased items from a store and decided to sell them at a premium. HELLO welcome to the world. Skylanders probably cost less than a dollar to create a figure. They are created by Chinese workers who make little to nothing. Sold by Americans who make millions off of them and then resold by Americans who make even more.

This entire post contradicts your last post that says its mainly Activisions fault. First of all in a religious sense it's not your duty even in the slightest to even SUGGEST that a scalper is going to have a heck of an eternity in the after life because what they're doing is "Bad". Scalpers aren't "Bad' they're not doing anything sinful. They're buying items and reselling them to people who are willing to pay premium for an MATERIALISTIC OBJECT. And if you really want to play the religion card we can go into the fact that humans shouldn't be connected to worldly possessions and they shouldn't affect our lives, and if you want to play THAT card you'll have a hell of a time in eternity as well with your glutenous nature of Skylanders buying 5 or more of a single character for a material collection.

And if you think your ticket to heaven is helping other people get childrens toys you are sadly mistaken. Especially considering the fact that you have/had an abundance of Volcanic Vaults and decided that you would keep them even though you returned many starter packs to Best Buy. What's worse? You're not GIVING those away. This isn't a Robin Hood act where your argument is "Well they're going to throw them out anyway, i'll just keep them and give them away so they dont get wasted!" NO. Your argument was they they're being thrown out so you'll keep them and trade them for premium items.

How dare you bring religion into this conversation what so ever. Welcome to America. "Scalping" is a legal business and while most people won't find it "moral" it is in no way "sinful" because at the end of the day they're harming NO ONE. It's all materialistic and if removing materialistic items from a market so people can't buy them is so harmful to a person, there are bigger issues at play.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Milne44 Green Sparx Gems: 108
#71 Posted: 02:06:33 11/04/2012
Quote: ialexonline

So basically what you're saying is that scalpers deserve a life of hell because they purchased items from a store and decided to sell them at a premium. HELLO welcome to the world. Skylanders probably cost less than a dollar to create a figure. They are created by Chinese workers who make little to nothing. Sold by Americans who make millions off of them and then resold by Americans who make even more.

This entire post contradicts your last post that says its mainly Activisions fault. First of all in a religious sense it's not your duty even in the slightest to even SUGGEST that a scalper is going to have a heck of an eternity in the after life because what they're doing is "Bad". Scalpers aren't "Bad' they're not doing anything sinful. They're buying items and reselling them to people who are willing to pay premium for an MATERIALISTIC OBJECT. And if you really want to play the religion card we can go into the fact that humans shouldn't be connected to worldly possessions and they shouldn't affect our lives, and if you want to play THAT card you'll have a hell of a time in eternity as well with your glutenous nature of Skylanders buying 5 or more of a single character for a material collection.

And if you think your ticket to heaven is helping other people get childrens toys you are sadly mistaken. Especially considering the fact that you have/had an abundance of Volcanic Vaults and decided that you would keep them even though you returned many starter packs to Best Buy. What's worse? You're not GIVING those away. This isn't a Robin Hood act where your argument is "Well they're going to throw them out anyway, i'll just keep them and give them away so they dont get wasted!" NO. Your argument was they they're being thrown out so you'll keep them and trade them for premium items.

How dare you bring religion into this conversation what so ever. Welcome to America. "Scalping" is a legal business and while most people won't find it "moral" it is in no way "sinful" because at the end of the day they're harming NO ONE. It's all materialistic and if removing materialistic items from a market so people can't buy them is so harmful to a person, there are bigger issues at play.

--I agree with you here. It is in no way sinful or illegal, as much as it is just plain nasty.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Want: smilie
Thx nitendofan92 for Warnado avatar!
Zook Yellow Sparx Gems: 1905
#72 Posted: 02:08:10 11/04/2012
Quote: ialexonline

Yep, I agree with this. Especially the Volcanic Vaults. I'd like him to explain that. How is scalping wrong, if taking Volcanic Vaults isn't?
Iloveninjas Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#73 Posted: 02:13:01 11/04/2012
I think we should just be more frustrated with the walmarts of the world and activision then someone who knows how to get the hidden skylander inventory of Walmart. I think scalping is bad but I think a company that can't comply with the supply and demand aspect is ultimately to blame.
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#74 Posted: 02:14:56 11/04/2012
Scalpers don't have that much effect on the overall supply. Every person that spend $50 on a figure from a scalper is one less person shopping at the stores. Eventually local supply will exceed demand. It's happened so far with all except the last six characters.
#75 Posted: 03:02:10 11/04/2012
God also looks down on those who only help others if they get something out of it. God will also smite those who get things dishonestly (such as snatching those Volcanic Vaults).

I'm just saying, that response should not have cast the first stone. #oops
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#76 Posted: 03:09:55 11/04/2012
Yeah, we really needed another topic where everyone bashes scalpers for X number of pages. And I bet some of these people are going to go right back to calling out "favorite Skylander" and "they're at Target now!!" topics for being repetitive.
#77 Posted: 03:12:07 11/04/2012
Lol I don't understand those people. Any help is good help methinks, it may not be what you care about but it will serve someone else!
#78 Posted: 03:23:57 11/04/2012
Exactly. I couldn't possibly have said that better.
#79 Posted: 03:24:19 11/04/2012
Quote: iluvskylanders
Your eye of the camel reference really has nothing to do with me buying and selling skylanders. You sort of missed the whole point with that reference. No I am not trying to sell this at all. I have gotten almost 70 pms about this and am still trying to answer them all . I am letting anyone that wants to know how I found them but I am not helping other scalpers out. Honestly this is not hard at all it is all about how you ask and knowing a little about how walmart works. The best comments I have seen is how I am taking away from people that really want them. How about you get on activisions website and complain to them. I dont make these I just buy them. Once I buy something I can do whatever I want with it. I can make a giant castle of skylanders if I want to. I didnt sit and wait. I didnt call and get anyone to hold anything. I went in the store just like any of you can do and bought them. I didnt even do this all in one day. People had plenty of chances to get these. They didnt.

WHOA! I'm not mad at ya, dude. Infact, I appreciate the info you gave me in PM's. I really do.

However, the rules of the good book apply to us all... Well, to us believers in God. There are people on this rock who believe in helping people with no personal gain in mind. Those people end up with the biggest reward in the end. Those who value materials in life, are doomed.

I'm not trying to attack ya, dude. As I've said, scalpers are the last thing in life that I constitute as a genuine problem, when there are naked - withered - babies lying on the streets in other countries. Those are people with real problems.

I was just stating an opinion about what would most likely happen to the greedy after they're maggot snacks, compared to those who think about others, while trying to help themselves. It's all an opinion, though. I just think scalpers don't realize, that one day, they will be getting the blood sucked out of them on a table, fixed up, and put into a box, just like every other human posting here, or on this rock right now. When each person dies? Who knows. Death, fate, and destiny is an odd - but interesting - thing. They always say, "When you wake up, and put your shoes on, you never know if you will be the one taking them off."

I am just stating that why do us humans seek to gain off one another, instead of help? Then again, I can ask, why do humans rape, murder, beat, steal, cheat, and all types of other things? I don't mind what people choose in life, but it's when we meet our maker, that we are either accepted for doing good, or **** hits the fan, and our butts get kicked into a lake of fire to burn for all eternity.

The mere word, eternity, scared the bejesus out of me. That's... forever. *shudders*

For real, though, I appreciate the info you're willing to give, despite admitting to being a scalper. These are just my opinions, not a personal attack. Call it... being inquisitive.

Infact, I think despite you being a scalper, people should lay off of you and let you do whatever you want to do in life. It's none of our problems for what happens to you when you're six-feet under. Same goes for all of us. None of us should wonder what's going to happen to each other when we die. What matters is what we do with the life we have now... for better or worse.

I think people should quit fighting and just let it be. If you wanna scalp, fine. If people don't want to scalp, fine. To each their own. That's why I say, "let God sort it out."

EDIT: No. I don't think "scalpers" deserve a place in hell. The good book says the rich barely make it into heaven, because typically, the rich are greedy and self-thinking. That's obviously not the truth about everyone. However, someone here once posted that they saw a lady and her child go into a Target, and saw a man grab all of the Cynders. When the lady asked, "can I have one for my daughter," he said, "Sure. Let me check out, and I will sell you one outside for 25 dollars." Was that self-thought, or selfishness? Was it greed? YEP! Greed is a big no-no, if I remember the good book well.

It's not my problem who goes to hell and who doesn't. I'm just focused on the here and now, and if God thinks anyone is in the wrong, he will judge them. We shouldn't do that. That's why I stopped judging scalpers. As should everyone else. I'm sure we could all look in the mirror and judge ourselves for something. If you guys feel it's wrong of him to have those, don't attack him for it. Just let it go. Let God do all the judging in the endgame.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:28:53 11/04/2012 by GameMaster78
Capoeira Blue Sparx Gems: 585
#80 Posted: 03:27:59 11/04/2012
Don't hate the scalpers. Hate the people that allow them to make a profit.
#81 Posted: 04:03:58 11/04/2012
True! Activision is to blame for this. Scalpers can't scalp what's in ample supply. It's been their fault from the get go.

Let's use a Hasbro approach.

When Transformers come out, they generally do boxes of 8 deluxe figures. 2, 2, 2, 1, 1. In Transformers Prime's case, it was -

3 Bumblebee
2 Cliffjumper
2 Wheeljack
1 Soundwave

However, that one lone Soundwave won't always be hard to find, as when Hasbro does their wave 1, revision 1 case, it will contain 2 Soundwaves or more.

They never make any character hard to get.

Yet, here's Activisions breakdowns -

Wave 2

1 Hex
1 Dino Rang
1 Wrecking Ball

followed by 3 previously released in abundance figures from wave 1.

Wave 3

1 Cynder
1 Double Trouble

Wave 4

1 Lightning Rod
1 Zook
1 Ignitor

Wave 5

US

1 Camo
1 Warnado

AU

1 Wham-Shell

Now, isn't there a problem there? They could have - no excuses - packed more than 1 new character, for a very indemand game, to a box. Yet, they didn't.

Then, to make matters worse, they release wave 5 in very short supply, and only in some states, while shipping a MASSIVE amount of wave 1 figures to stores.

I went to a Walmart tonight, and saw a barrage of Boomers and Wrecking Balls. It was post Christmas all over again. They know Boomer doesn't sell worth a ****, but here he is, back on the shelves when that slot could have gone to a much more indemand character. I know why they're doing it. They want to force people to buy the sucky Skylanders, so stores will order more, so they hopefully get in newer stuff. DIRTY POOL!

Let's say I'm in charge of packing waves for Skylanders. Me, a person on the internet. Why can I exercise more common sense? Why could anyone here? Who knows. However, we would have more common sense, so issues like this would be avoided.

Here is how I would have handled each wave -

Wave 1 was 12 singles in a box. I... WOULDN'T... HAVE... STOPPED... THAT!

Wave 2 (6 pack variation incase Bobby Kotex; pun intended wanted to throw a hissy-fit) -

- 2 Hex
- 1 Dino Rang
- 1 Wrecking Ball
- 1 Sonic Boom (since they were hard to come by in wave 1)
- 1 Stealth Elf (since they were hard to come by in wave 1)

Wave 2, revision 1 (6 pack again) -

- 2 Dino Rang
- 2 Wrecking Ball
- 1 Cynder
- 1 Double Trouble

Wave 3 (6) -

- 2 Cynder
- 2 Double Trouble
- 1 Whirlwind
- 1 Drill Sergeant

Wave 3, revision 1 (6) -

- 1 Cynder (since the character is uber popular)
- 1 Chop Chop (since the characters were hard to come by in wave 1)
- 1 Flameslinger (same as Chop Chop)
- 1 Lightning Rod
- 1 Zook

Wave 4 (6) -

- 2 Lightning Rod
- 2 Zook
- 1 Ignitor
- 1 Voodood (because at this time he's been out of circulation for a bit)

Wave 4, revision 1 (6) -

- 2 Ignitor
- 2 Camo
- 1 Warnado
- 1 Wham-Shell

Wave 5 (6) -

- 2 Warnado
- 2 Wham-Shell
- 1 Prism Break (because at this time he's been out of circulation for a bit)
- 1 Dino Rang (because at this time he's been out of circulation for a bit)

Wave 5, revision 1 -

- 1 Cynder
- 1 Lightning Rod
- 1 Zook
- 1 Camo
- 1 Warnado
- 1 Wham-Shell

The revision for wave 5 could make it easier to find the toughest to find Skylanders of the past waves, since wave 3 and on, has been a *****.

That's common sense. AHA! Here's more common sense for Activision -

YOU DON'T DOWNSIZE A POPULAR PRODUCT FROM 12 TO 6!!! It makes it feel like the company is ran by a bunch of amateurs.

Let's have some fun.

Wave 2 (12) -

- 2 Hex
- 2 Dino Rang
- 2 Wrecking Ball
- 2 Stealth Elf
- 2 Sonic Boom
- 1 Chop Chop
- 1 Flameslinger

Wave 3 (12) -

- 3 Cynder
- 2 Double Trouble
- 2 Whirlwind
- 2 Drill Sergeant
- 1 Voodood
- 1 Zap
- 1 Boomer (this way, he doesn't shelf warm because most of the room is taken up by Cynder, DT, WW, and DS)

Wave 4 (12) -

- 3 Lightning Rod
- 3 Zook
- 3 Ignitor
- 1 Stump Smash
- 1 Bash
- 1 Eruptor

Wave 5 (12) -

- 3 Camo
- 3 Warnado
- 3 Wham-Shell (it was ******* stupid of them to pull the **** they did by making them region exclusive. ABSOLUTELY STUPID)
- 2 Drobot
- 1 Prism Break

You guys see what I did there? I didn't even have to put much thought into it, and I managed to include EVERY Skylander from wave 1, into wave 2-5, without cutting into the new characters limelight. It allows everyone a chance to get the new characters, without stupid **** like lining up at TRU having to happen. It makes it so scalpers can't really keep up, which means stores can't limit, while at the same time, not being bugged by customers, because this would be retail wide.

Activision knows ****, compared to what some of us could do if we had the power.
---
#82 Posted: 04:09:01 11/04/2012
If only it worked like that.. smilie
---
#83 Posted: 04:10:28 11/04/2012
The funny thing is, Activision are amateurs in this area. They're main field is video games, not figurines.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#84 Posted: 04:12:01 11/04/2012
True! Activision is to blame for this. Scalpers can't scalp what's in ample supply. It's been their fault from the get go.

When Transformers come out, they generally do boxes of 8 deluxe figures. 2, 2, 2, 1, 1. In Transformers Prime's case, it was -

3 Bumblebee
2 Cliffjumper
2 Wheeljack
1 Soundwave

However, that one lone Soundwave won't always be hard to find, as when Hasbro does their wave 1, revision 1 case, it will contain 2 Soundwaves or more.

Wave 2

1 Hex
1 Dino Rang
1 Wrecking Ball

Wave 3

1 Cynder
1 Double Trouble

Wave 4

1 Lightning Rod
1 Zook
1 Ignitor

Wave 5

US

1 Camo
1 Warnado

AU

1 Wham-Shell

Now, isn't there a problem there? They could have - no excuses - packed more than 1 new character, for a very indemand game, to a box. Yet, they didn't.

Then, to make matters worse, they release wave 5 in very short supply, and only in some states, while shipping a MASSIVE amount of wave 1 figures to stores.

I went to a Walmart tonight, and saw a barrage of Boomers and Wrecking Balls. It was post Christmas all over again. They know Boomer doesn't sell worth a ****, but here he is, back on the shelves when that slot could have gone to a much more indemand character. I know why they're doing it. They want to force people to buy the sucky Skylanders, so stores will order more, so they hopefully get in newer stuff. DIRTY POOL!

Let's say I'm in charge of packing waves for Skylanders. Me, a person on the internet. Why can I exercise more common sense? Why could anyone here? Who knows. However, we would have more common sense, so issues like this would be avoided.

Wave 2 (6 pack variation incase Bobby Kotex; pun intended wanted to throw a hissy-fit) -

- 2 Hex
- 1 Dino Rang
- 1 Wrecking Ball

- 2 Dino Rang
- 2 Wrecking Ball
- 1 Cynder
- 1 Double Trouble

Wave 3 (6) -

- 2 Cynder
- 2 Double Trouble
- 1 Whirlwind
- 1 Drill Sergeant

Wave 3, revision 1 (6) -

- 1 Lightning Rod
- 1 Zook

Wave 4 (6) -

- 2 Lightning Rod
- 2 Zook
- 1 Ignitor

Wave 4, revision 1 (6) -

- 2 Ignitor
- 2 Camo
- 1 Warnado
- 1 Wham-Shell

Wave 5 (6) -

- 2 Warnado
- 2 Wham-Shell

Wave 5, revision 1 -

- 1 Cynder
- 1 Lightning Rod
- 1 Zook
- 1 Camo
- 1 Warnado
- 1 Wham-Shell

The revision for wave 5 could make it easier to find the toughest to find Skylanders of the past waves, since wave 3 and on, has been a *****.

YOU DON'T DOWNSIZE A POPULAR PRODUCT FROM 12 TO 6!!! It makes it feel like the company is ran by a bunch of amateurs.

Let's have some fun.

Wave 2 (12) -

- 2 Hex
- 2 Dino Rang
- 2 Wrecking Ball
- 2 Stealth Elf
- 2 Sonic Boom
- 1 Chop Chop
- 1 Flameslinger

Wave 3 (12) -

- 3 Cynder
- 2 Double Trouble
- 2 Whirlwind
- 2 Drill Sergeant
- 1 Voodood
- 1 Zap
- 1 Boomer (this way, he doesn't shelf warm because most of the room is taken up by Cynder, DT, WW, and DS)

Wave 4 (12) -

- 3 Lightning Rod
- 3 Zook
- 3 Ignitor
- 1 Stump Smash
- 1 Bash
- 1 Eruptor

Wave 5 (12) -

- 3 Camo
- 3 Warnado
- 3 Wham-Shell (it was ******* stupid of them to pull the **** they did by making them region exclusive. ABSOLUTELY STUPID)
- 2 Drobot
- 1 Prism Break

You guys see what I did there? I didn't even have to put much thought into it, and I managed to include EVERY Skylander from wave 1, into wave 2-5, without cutting into the new characters limelight. It allows everyone a chance to get the new characters, without stupid **** like lining up at TRU having to happen. It makes it so scalpers can't really keep up, which means stores can't limit, while at the same time, not being bugged by customers, because this would be retail wide.

Activision knows ****, compared to what some of us could do if we had the power.

You think WAY too hard about all of this. Wow. Just ... wow.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#85 Posted: 04:15:33 11/04/2012

3 Bumblebee
2 Cliffjumper
2 Wheeljack
1 Soundwave

Wave 2

1 Hex
1 Dino Rang
1 Wrecking Ball

Wave 3

1 Cynder
1 Double Trouble

Wave 4

1 Lightning Rod
1 Zook
1 Ignitor

Wave 5

US

1 Camo
1 Warnado

AU

1 Wham-Shell

- 2 Hex
- 1 Dino Rang
- 1 Wrecking Ball

- 2 Dino Rang
- 2 Wrecking Ball
- 1 Cynder
- 1 Double Trouble

Wave 3 (6) -

- 2 Cynder
- 2 Double Trouble
- 1 Whirlwind
- 1 Drill Sergeant

Wave 3, revision 1 (6) -

- 1 Lightning Rod
- 1 Zook

Wave 4 (6) -

- 2 Lightning Rod
- 2 Zook
- 1 Ignitor

Wave 4, revision 1 (6) -

- 2 Ignitor
- 2 Camo
- 1 Warnado
- 1 Wham-Shell

Wave 5 (6) -

- 2 Warnado
- 2 Wham-Shell

Wave 5, revision 1 -

- 1 Cynder
- 1 Lightning Rod
- 1 Zook
- 1 Camo
- 1 Warnado
- 1 Wham-Shell

Let's have some fun.

Wave 2 (12) -

- 2 Hex
- 2 Dino Rang
- 2 Wrecking Ball
- 2 Stealth Elf
- 2 Sonic Boom
- 1 Chop Chop
- 1 Flameslinger

Wave 3 (12) -

- 3 Cynder
- 2 Double Trouble
- 2 Whirlwind
- 2 Drill Sergeant
- 1 Voodood
- 1 Zap

Wave 4 (12) -

- 3 Lightning Rod
- 3 Zook
- 3 Ignitor
- 1 Stump Smash
- 1 Bash
- 1 Eruptor

Wave 5 (12) -

- 3 Camo
- 3 Warnado
- 2 Drobot
- 1 Prism Break

Why do they need to re-release older characters into the newer waves? Why can't they just include only new characters, and STILL ship out older waves?
#86 Posted: 04:18:25 11/04/2012
Quote: Zook

Why do they need to re-release older characters into the newer waves? Why can't they just include only new characters, and STILL ship out older waves?

Because that would make sense...
---
#87 Posted: 04:19:30 11/04/2012
Quote: StormbringerGT

hahahahahaahahaa sorry, but that made me laugh! It's so true lol
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#88 Posted: 04:20:03 11/04/2012

3 Bumblebee
2 Cliffjumper
2 Wheeljack
1 Soundwave

Wave 2

1 Hex
1 Dino Rang
1 Wrecking Ball

Wave 3

1 Cynder
1 Double Trouble

Wave 4

1 Lightning Rod
1 Zook
1 Ignitor

Wave 5

US

1 Camo
1 Warnado

AU

1 Wham-Shell

- 2 Hex
- 1 Dino Rang
- 1 Wrecking Ball

- 2 Dino Rang
- 2 Wrecking Ball
- 1 Cynder
- 1 Double Trouble

Wave 3 (6) -

- 2 Cynder
- 2 Double Trouble
- 1 Whirlwind
- 1 Drill Sergeant

Wave 3, revision 1 (6) -

- 1 Lightning Rod
- 1 Zook

Wave 4 (6) -

- 2 Lightning Rod
- 2 Zook
- 1 Ignitor

Wave 4, revision 1 (6) -

- 2 Ignitor
- 2 Camo
- 1 Warnado
- 1 Wham-Shell

Wave 5 (6) -

- 2 Warnado
- 2 Wham-Shell

Wave 5, revision 1 -

- 1 Cynder
- 1 Lightning Rod
- 1 Zook
- 1 Camo
- 1 Warnado
- 1 Wham-Shell

Let's have some fun.

Wave 2 (12) -

- 2 Hex
- 2 Dino Rang
- 2 Wrecking Ball
- 2 Stealth Elf
- 2 Sonic Boom
- 1 Chop Chop
- 1 Flameslinger

Wave 3 (12) -

- 3 Cynder
- 2 Double Trouble
- 2 Whirlwind
- 2 Drill Sergeant
- 1 Voodood
- 1 Zap

Wave 4 (12) -

- 3 Lightning Rod
- 3 Zook
- 3 Ignitor
- 1 Stump Smash
- 1 Bash
- 1 Eruptor

Wave 5 (12) -

- 3 Camo
- 3 Warnado
- 2 Drobot
- 1 Prism Break

I'm so lost, but I understand. Wow, you have a lot, on your mind, and you think really hard. I think you are the only one who thought of this.
#89 Posted: 04:21:59 11/04/2012
Actually, Hime, I didn't put much thought into it at all. It was really that simple.

Even with Activision being amateurs, an amateur (me) just smoked them in common sense. If it wasn't hard for me, it shouldn't be hard for them.

They know what they're doing, though. You're talking about a company that slaps a new coat of paint on a cliched FPS genre, name it Call of Duty: Whatever, and sell it for 60 bucks... EVERY YEAR!

You're talking about a company that single handedly drug out a 15 hour game, for almost a year, while making it as hard to find new characters now, as it was almost 5 months ago, only to be releasing a sequel 1 year and 5 days later, while people are still sruggling with the first game.

This is the same company that released 4 Guitar Hero games, in less than a year.

I love Skylanders, but when it comes to Activision, they are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

If they're making bank now, I'd hate to think how much bank I could make them, if I were running the show. Characters would be preorderable. NEW characters would be more than 1 per box. I would have boxed them 12 singles to a box, like the launch wave, and if I were forced to do 6, I could still make it work with new characters packed more than 1 per case.

We are blaming scalpers, when we should be blaming those who injected scalpers into this IP, which is Activision.

It's like they say, "Don't hate the player. Hate the game." Activision is playing the game. Scalpers are just the player.
---
#90 Posted: 04:23:40 11/04/2012
Also, in the new Power Rangers figure line, they made a Rita Repulsa toy. She's 1 per box as the rangers are between 2 and 3 per box, but you can still find her if you look hard enough (I've seen 3 at Walmart once). However, if the ranger figures were as popular as Skylanders, you would not be able to find her, and she would be worth a lot of money.
#91 Posted: 04:25:05 11/04/2012
Quote: StormbringerGT

Actually, it wouldn't make sense to do that. They're doing that as we speak, and places like TRU are flooded with so much wave 1 mixed with 2 and DT from 3, that they will have a hard time pushing product.

That's like saying all of those L-Triggs will sell.

No one wants older characters, when the game's sells have stalled, due to Activision fabricating a shortage to create demand. That backfired on them hardcore.

However, if they release less older characters, and more newer ones, the older ones can't shelfwarm as much as the newer ones, which drives the scalpers away.
---
#92 Posted: 04:27:58 11/04/2012
I also have to wonder how new players who start with Giants will be able to get the older characters?
#93 Posted: 04:30:20 11/04/2012
They'll be getting them in re-poses, Zook. The original poses aren't going to exist by the time Giants get here. It's been said in interviews that they want to create a "Beanie Baby" feel for Skylanders, and that means "retiring" the old ones. A year from now, the only first-game characters we'll find will be in new poses.
#94 Posted: 04:31:43 11/04/2012
Wonder if that makes the originals more rare and worth more? Not that I care, as life is more than money. However, it begs to question.
---
#95 Posted: 04:36:06 11/04/2012
It probably would. The first version of G.I. Joe's Snake Eyes is worth a mint, and the most recent will barely fetch retail, despite both technically being the same character. Value will go way up if the series maintains the level of interest it has today.
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#96 Posted: 04:36:25 11/04/2012
One factor from a retailer perspective 6 per box is more desireable. Smaller case counts allow for more control of freight flow at a store level. It aso means more frequent replenishment so you get newer product (in theory). The smaller boxes also take up less space for storage and are easier to work to the floor. These things affect retail store/ producer relationships even though they may seem silly to us.

In addition toy lines discontinue figures for production control reasons. There is more profit in producing fifteen different types of skylanders at any point in time than thirty. It requires less change out in molds, staffing is simpler, less confusion in mixing parts and paint. It costs the company less to make one million split between ten figures than fifteen and thats the bottom line. A company like activision will overproduce waves prior to switching them out to increase the amount of skylanders they have in distribution at any point in time. If a company like activision simply keeps switching out figures like they have it will be fine the key is to just not overproduce any specific figures. For example right now there are way too many Wrecking Ball's and not enough Voodood's.
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#97 Posted: 04:37:40 11/04/2012
so what about Dragons Peak, Empire Of Ice, Darklight Crypt and Pirate Seas? Will they still be available for purchase at stores?
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Flamethrower Green Sparx Gems: 469
#98 Posted: 04:42:47 11/04/2012
I cant belive People are trying to bring religion into this , "if you are a scalper you go to hell" "people are on this planet because of god " GIVE it a rest ,They are TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grow the hell up ! not everything in this world has to do with religion!
He/she found them bought them and is going to sell them ,that is he/shes right so GM78 STOP with the self Strokeing about helping people and you are gona burn in hell because some one is going to sell something !
---
Ones we own |smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#99 Posted: 04:43:22 11/04/2012
For the most part they have done a good job of shipping out the adventure packs within the states. Like other skylander products the only issue is they have not been shipping enough until recently.
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#100 Posted: 04:49:11 11/04/2012
Quote: Flamethrower
I cant belive People are trying to bring religion into this , "if you are a scalper you go to hell" "people are on this planet because of god " GIVE it a rest ,They are TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grow the hell up ! not everything in this world has to do with religion!
He/she found them bought them and is going to sell them ,that is he/shes right so GM78 STOP with the self Strokeing about helping people and you are gona burn in hell because some one is going to sell something !

someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
First | Page 2 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me