Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion
First | Previous | Page 19 of 19
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion [CLOSED]
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#901 Posted: 02:16:51 05/05/2012
I don't think you have a side, or a leg to stand on, you could have just referred to dark spyro, but you so up as a "hero" passing out info to all the peons, You very well may have screwed us all
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#902 Posted: 02:26:59 05/05/2012
Wow your all acting like a bunch of whiny little spoiled brats. This contest was open to EVERYONE. This wasn't an exclusive to this message board and by the way it was posted on tons of video game forums (like CAG for example) not just Facebook. Everyone here had a fair chance of winning and your all acting like "omgz these all belong to us we must win them all!!!!!". Frito Lay didn't even have to do this contest. You should be appreciative that they are even giving these out especially if you've won. Who cares if other people shared the info they were just being nice and helping others have the same opportunity we all have had. How would you feel if you never even knew about this contest and than learned about it when it was to late?
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#903 Posted: 02:28:09 05/05/2012
Ok, at least he was helping people ok. Let's just let it go ok, besides it all ends tomorrow.
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#904 Posted: 02:35:37 05/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
Quote: Postalgoddess
I thought the owner was so interested in "helping".

I..didn't write the article..so I'm not sure who that's directed to. By the way, the article was posted shortly after the picture of Stumpy was uploaded to Facebook, because I remember reading it right after that. The "info" had to have been gathered before, I wouldn't doubt from here in the first place. (remember, you don't have to sign up to view the forums) Before someone calls me on the dates, The HD Room is on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), where it's the next day over there already.
Didn't post the picture because I figured everyone who knew about the promotion had already played. Regardless, new users had their questions answered by all of us here..no different than me answering those on facebook.

It was directed at you...I wasn't referring to the article (but now that you mention it, you sound kinda guilty to me)....I was referring to the chart, with all the nice pictures and info compiled from this thread. It is impossible for someone to sign up here and read through 900 comments. As you stated yourself, you had to keep repeating yourself...on a 250 comment section on Facebook, so I only makes sense that a chart like that would be helpful within this section....for new users who have been unable to follow our comments for the last month. Furthermore, you state that you read the aforementioned article shortly after the stumpy photo was posted, but yet you failed to share that article with the rest of us...as if we wouldn't have wanted to know??? I am sorry, I said I would let this go...but you did more than I ever imagined...and BTW, you do care...about yourself, that's been made clear.
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#905 Posted: 02:37:09 05/05/2012
Quote: NinjaHarley
I don't think you have a side, or a leg to stand on, you could have just referred to dark spyro, but you so up as a "hero" passing out info to all the peons, You very well may have screwed us all

My side is this: We all found out about a frito lay promotion thanks to someone on another forum posting a picture of the bags. (Oh the irony)
After we discovered that there was 3 promotions and had almost 3+ weeks of entering all to ourselves, Skylanders finally decided to post about it with a week left for the promotion, figured it'd be nice to share everything we learned.

Wasn't trying to "be a hero" or anything. Just helping out these so called peons.

I don't see it nesecarry to reference darkspyro or anything. I mean, most we would have got new members. Worst, people would have just lurked anyways.

Whatever. Let's put all this behind us.

Anyone get anything today?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#906 Posted: 02:44:23 05/05/2012 | Topic Creator

My side is this: We all found out about a frito lay promotion thanks to someone on another forum posting a picture of the bags. (Oh the irony)

Um, no...you all got it here, from pictures posted here...look,....over by my user name..."topic creator"...yeah, that'd be me. The photos were posted within this thread, by ME (with the assistance of Opal).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:54:32 05/05/2012 by Postalgoddess
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#907 Posted: 02:51:27 05/05/2012
Quote: Postalgoddess

Um, no...you all got it here, from pictures posted here...look,....over by my user name..."topic creator"...yeah, that'd be me. The photos were posted within this thread, by ME.

The bag picture yes. I never denied it was yours..but there again...its a public photo. I personally scanned in the card pictures for the compilation image. Anyone wants to use those, perfectly fine by me.

No, silly goose. Your thread is for the stumpy promotion. I'm talking about our original frito lay promo thread The picture of the bags was originally posted on giantbomb forums.

Yeah, we found there was a stumpy promo in the first place, but we (and..all those people) had to figure that out first.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
tubsrnhc Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#908 Posted: 03:59:35 05/05/2012
so what dos that hdroom article say? google chrome is choosing not to load the page, so i cant read it for myself. is there a chance of our wins getting disqualified? thats all i care about. sure it was stupid, disrespectful, and frankly unnecessary but as long as i get mine, i dont care really.
---
only need dark spyro
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#909 Posted: 04:09:00 05/05/2012
People, for real.

There's a time, when it goes from being a simple hobby, to straight nosebleed-worthy geekdom. It's like two nosebleeders sitting there bickering over who is more powerful, Darth Vader or Darth Maul. Only this fight is about who is getting a flocked stump and who isn't.

This is how I am observing this. Spyro gave out this info on another website. If greedy people there are going to take advantage of it, and that's a bad thing in the eyes of those here, then those eyes need to observe how many greedy people here have "won" upward of 8 flocked stumps and bragged about it. It all started on this site, with those trying to win 8 of these things. Why? Greed. They want money, because it fills their empty lives.

This is a double-standard. Again, it's okay for people here to try for multiple flocked stumps, which can screw us all potentially (abuse of the phone line may make them think "well, we should just see who entered the code and flush the chances of those who called"), but it's not okay for another site to do the same?

Bottom line, IT IS JUST A STUPID TOY!

Kids are dying in Africa, while we are all in houses/apartments/living with mommy/daddy mudflinging like a bunch of school girls. Over what? A furry toy. Do I need to buy everyone here a Moss-Man, so everyone will shut up? How can there be some attempt at peace on this forum, when immaturity rules? How can people enjoy their time here, when this site is devoted to finger-pointing and e-peen growing arrogance? People can't.

Delete this post, but see the facts of life first -

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/stati...323883032-2.jpg

Imagine everyone here getting mad because they miss out on a flocked stump. Now place them in the pic, depicting the idiots who bite, claw, and even kill, for materials on Black Friday. Why? Because this is America. The land of greedy people, who value materials over life itself.

Flocked stump is useless after you're maggot feed. So why fight over it?
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#910 Posted: 04:22:08 05/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I am mortified, do a google search for "flocked stump smash"...and you get a huge list of free sample sites. A free SAMPLE?? Haha. Thankful tomorrow is the last day...also grateful I have won on a webcode card, and am not relying on an 800 number win to get mine!! smilie Hopefully more prizes start arriving on doorsteps soon. Good luck everyone.
---
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#911 Posted: 04:27:30 05/05/2012
So, does anyone here play the Spyro's Universe online game? That's how you rank up the Heroic Level of figures right? ...do you get anything special for doing so? I'm considering picking up a bag to get Runes Run, but I'm not sure if Spyro's Universe or Runes Run is actually fun or not...
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#912 Posted: 04:40:54 05/05/2012
Quote: sykotek
So, does anyone here play the Spyro's Universe online game? That's how you rank up the Heroic Level of figures right? ...do you get anything special for doing so? I'm considering picking up a bag to get Runes Run, but I'm not sure if Spyro's Universe or Runes Run is actually fun or not...

I do, and yes thats how you rank up the Heroic Level. Not sure if you get anything special or not to be honest but I did get three cards for the Online game (Runes Run) I have one that hasn't been used if you want it I can PM the Code to you. And "Runes Run" is on the mainland for me, but you can't play it yet for some reason, the little Mabu guy says "Come back later!". Not sure when the game is playable or not but...meh.

The Universe game is pretty fun though, especially now since they've added new features and functions, its seeming to be getting more fun each time they update it. I've been playing since late november.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#913 Posted: 04:42:16 05/05/2012
Ruins Run is kind of plain, and the rewards aren't great. In terms of making money, you have better options. Also, Heroic Level does nothing outside of the webgame except for grow in numbers. Spyro's Universe is pretty fun, though. It's a mix of a management/property upgrading game, Angry Birds (Castle Assault), and a point & click shooter (Tower Defense). It's not very action-oriented, but it can be addictive, and best of all, it's free. A good thing to do with your figures when you're tired of the console versions.
#914 Posted: 04:46:10 05/05/2012
My main concern with posting the info all over the official FB page is it may have screwed us all if they decide that everyone took advantage
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#915 Posted: 04:50:08 05/05/2012
They're not going to decide that everyone took advantage. It's no glitch in the system. The fact is, at this point in the competition, they still haven't met their reserve of Stump Smash figures. Hence the attempt by the official Facebook to make people aware of the figure. It might've been a relatively solid promo, but advertising was nil, and nobody knew it was going on in the first place. Frito Lay's loss is our gain, though. You have no cause to suspect you won't be getting your figures.
GhostRabbit Red Sparx Gems: 82
#916 Posted: 05:16:19 05/05/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
People, for real.

There's a time, when it goes from being a simple hobby, to straight nosebleed-worthy geekdom. It's like two nosebleeders sitting there bickering over who is more powerful, Darth Vader or Darth Maul. Only this fight is about who is getting a flocked stump and who isn't.

This is how I am observing this. Spyro gave out this info on another website. If greedy people there are going to take advantage of it, and that's a bad thing in the eyes of those here, then those eyes need to observe how many greedy people here have "won" upward of 8 flocked stumps and bragged about it. It all started on this site, with those trying to win 8 of these things. Why? Greed. They want money, because it fills their empty lives.

This is a double-standard. Again, it's okay for people here to try for multiple flocked stumps, which can screw us all potentially (abuse of the phone line may make them think "well, we should just see who entered the code and flush the chances of those who called"), but it's not okay for another site to do the same?

Kids are dying in Africa, while we are all in houses/apartments/living with mommy/daddy mudflinging like a bunch of school girls. Over what? A furry toy. Do I need to buy everyone here a Moss-Man, so everyone will shut up? How can there be some attempt at peace on this forum, when immaturity rules? How can people enjoy their time here, when this site is devoted to finger-pointing and e-peen growing arrogance? People can't.

Imagine everyone here getting mad because they miss out on a flocked stump. Now place them in the pic, depicting the idiots who bite, claw, and even kill, for materials on Black Friday. Why? Because this is America. The land of greedy people, who value materials over life itself.

Wow kinda harsh and I can't help but feel insulted. FWI America isn't the only land with greedy people infact that nice picture you provided showing the starving children is a result of greed as well.
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#917 Posted: 05:25:39 05/05/2012
People, for real.

GM, With all do respect I can't help but giggle at your post here, cus frankly you are the epitome of greed. (In which having 5 of each skylander figure).
But of course you would know greed rather well since you practice it regularly (From what I've seen anyway). So I suppose spotting greed in others and such is a rather simple task for you, yes?.

Not trying to start **** but seriously, get a handle on your own self before you start accusing and throwing lables at others.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#918 Posted: 10:28:33 05/05/2012
People, for real.

yes kids are dieing in africa and they have been doing that for years... and no it dont help sending food or money, the rest of the world have done that for decades.... so your blame the rest of the world because they can have a proper living is just wrong.... the idiots that run the africa country, thats who you can blame. they run the africa country with greed and stone age mindset. until that change children will still die in africa and no one can help.. that is the true hard cold facts....
tubsrnhc Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#919 Posted: 12:40:57 05/05/2012
^"africa country" smilie
---
only need dark spyro
slam bam rocks Green Sparx Gems: 268
#920 Posted: 13:06:44 05/05/2012
It's not just promo codes,look at dark52s thread about sidekicks.and btw,there doing it again in may thru June and again July thru august so don't fret.
---
I'm great lion here me roar!*meow*
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#921 Posted: 14:25:59 05/05/2012
Quote: kappapopm
People, for real.

yes kids are dieing in africa and they have been doing that for years... and no it dont help sending food or money, the rest of the world have done that for decades.... so your blame the rest of the world because they can have a proper living is just wrong.... the idiots that run the africa country, thats who you can blame. they run the africa country with greed and stone age mindset. until that change children will still die in africa and no one can help.. that is the true hard cold facts....

No, I don't blame people living proper. I blame people for being idiotic enough to argue over stupid little toys, while people are facing REAL problems.

What can I say, though? It's a problem with humanity. They never think about anything more than they have to. The viel wasn't pulled over our eyes, by anyone but ourselves. We are an inferior species, that will never get anywhere, because we would rather hurt and kill each other, or argue over silly toys, rather than look at reality and see that there are real problems in the world, that people face. Or, we could just... you know... not care about anyone else but ourselves and continue fighting like dweebs, over a piece of material.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#922 Posted: 14:52:00 05/05/2012 | Topic Creator
This has gotten way off topic, let's reel it back in.
---
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#923 Posted: 17:26:51 05/05/2012
So todays the last day for these promtions
---
37/37
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#924 Posted: 17:55:13 05/05/2012
As per all 3 promo websites ...

THE FRITO-LAY / SKYLANDERS SPYRO'S ADVENTUREā„¢ PROMOTION HAS ENDED

... see y'all around for Sidekicks! May your luck be good, and your winnings be plentiful (and prompt)!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:57:27 05/05/2012 by Seewolfe78
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#925 Posted: 18:09:03 05/05/2012
People, for real.

SNIP

I'm going to get destroyed, but as long as they keep having kids they cannot take care of, they will always have a problem. Giving them food and medicene is a temporary fix, they need a long term one.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#926 Posted: 18:09:22 05/05/2012
From the rules...

Quote:
If for any reason the Game is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Game, Sponsor reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the Play process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Game

Quote:
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT A PARTICIPANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE GAME IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.

just sayin
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:15:17 05/05/2012 by NinjaHarley
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#927 Posted: 18:10:27 05/05/2012
well, that was a fun month
i'm not entirely sure, but i think i won about 4 of the 866 figures, and maybe one flocked stump smash
here's hoping the 4 figures are ones i do not yet have
#928 Posted: 18:24:58 05/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Last chance to enter, the contest closes at 11:59:59CST
---
StormbringerGT Green Sparx Gems: 162
#929 Posted: 18:48:18 05/05/2012
Contest is closed here for me. Called and got that the message that the contest ended today.
---
I'm currently: Awaiting Dragon's Dogma and listening to Old Linkin park. Bite me, their old stuff is better than their new stuff. smilie
#930 Posted: 19:13:53 05/05/2012
I haven't called yet but its probly done for now when is side kicks supose to hit stores
---
37/37
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#931 Posted: 19:18:34 05/05/2012
Both numbers are no longer accepting entries ...the contests are over until they kick up sidekicks
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
#932 Posted: 19:29:32 05/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Hmm...interesting...you'd think they'd at least post the "I'm sorry" message, through the end of the day. I thought the rules said the current promotion ends at 11:59:59 today???

EDIT: I rechecked the rules, and it says contest ends at 11:59:59amCST...my mistake. I guess I just assumed it went til the end of the day.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:44:47 05/05/2012 by Postalgoddess
#933 Posted: 20:22:23 05/05/2012
Probly ran out or who noes but I think you are right oh well
---
37/37
davesmsperfect Blue Sparx Gems: 930
#934 Posted: 23:43:30 05/05/2012
Now it's just a waiting game.
AJAwesome Platinum Sparx Gems: 6303
#935 Posted: 01:40:21 06/05/2012
The stumpy contest has ended!
---
I'm a girl. My name is Reese. :3
slam bam rocks Green Sparx Gems: 268
#936 Posted: 03:43:15 06/05/2012
It's not just promo codes,look at dark52s thread about sidekicks.and btw,there doing it again in may thru June and again July thru august so don't fret.
---
I'm great lion here me roar!*meow*
#937 Posted: 12:25:27 06/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I am closing this out, as the contest has ended....
please post here ------->http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=52102 if you get a prize in the mail. Thanks.
---
First | Previous | Page 19 of 19
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me