Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion
First | Previous | Page 18 of 19 | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Frito Lay "limited edition" skylanders Promotion [CLOSED]
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#851 Posted: 00:43:34 03/05/2012
... no arrivals to report here. Just waiting it out now. Good luck, all.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#852 Posted: 02:47:13 03/05/2012
I am wondering if the company is only sending out 50 to 100 of the 1100 random skylanders a day. It is still way before the expected arrival dates and it may make sense for the company to produce the "freebie" skylanders over a longer course of production time to offset the cost of materials. This may explain over the hundreds of skylanders the visitors of this board are expecting only four have been reported as delivered.
Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#853 Posted: 03:08:57 03/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Oopsie...forgot I called the 800 this morning already...been sick all day, so understandable that I have lost my mind!! ANYWAY...would someone else call the number AGAIN, and interpret the message it gives you. It said that it looks like i have already called and since the official rules say one play per day, per person OR phone number, I was unable to enter. I am too under the weather to try to "translate" their official legal wording of these rules. Does this make any more sense than anything else we have heard?? If we ever figure it out, it will def. be too late....and we'll get whatever we get. Just thought I'd share...that one word, "or", perked my ears up!
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:18:03 03/05/2012 by Postalgoddess
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#854 Posted: 13:05:39 03/05/2012
Quote: henryszuch
responding to what you guys said earlier i don't think it will be wham-shell cause there r other ways to get him (i have him so i no) and the guys in it are supposed to be skylander sidekicks read darks article. and i thoguht they hadn't come out yet so who is everyone getting them?

The promotion for the sidekicks starts in June. This is two seperate (technically three) for either one of 7,000 flocked stump smashes or 11, 000 randomly selected skylanders. Those who post on this site have already claimed four of the randoms: 1 Boomer and 3 Wrecking Balls split between 3 seperate posters.
skittles4890 Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#855 Posted: 14:08:37 03/05/2012
I haven't had a chance to call yet be busy with finals my evil 300 question one is later today ugg but I called yesterday and won a flocked stump smash but still waiting for my other wins as well lol I still need to call after my final
---
37/37
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#856 Posted: 20:47:03 03/05/2012
None of the stores around me seem to have any Frito Lay packages that have anything to do with Skylanders. I'm annoyed because I wanted that furry Stump Smash.
tubsrnhc Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#857 Posted: 20:58:11 03/05/2012
Quote: budkin
None of the stores around me seem to have any Frito Lay packages that have anything to do with Skylanders. I'm annoyed because I wanted that furry Stump Smash.

theres a 1800 number on the first page that you can call. no need to have a bag with the number.
---
only need dark spyro
budkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1234
#858 Posted: 20:59:30 03/05/2012
Ah sweet I just read about calling the numbers. I won with the 866 number but not the 800 number. Too bad I didn't figure this out before. Only have two more days to try for the Stump Smash.
#859 Posted: 23:28:20 03/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: budkin
Ah sweet I just read about calling the numbers. I won with the 866 number but not the 800 number. Too bad I didn't figure this out before. Only have two more days to try for the Stump Smash.

We have been winning on whatever number we call first, and losing on the other. You need to call the
number of the prize you wanna win. I think the stump smash line has been winning everyday for at least the last two weeks. It's only a matter of when, for when they turn off the winning message.
---
posreject Yellow Sparx Gems: 1331
#860 Posted: 00:32:12 04/05/2012
Winning nada tonight. There is a weird long silence after you enter the DOB. Makes me think its querying the DB for previous wins.
---
S:SA: 37/37, 3 variants & 4 SK
S:G: 54/54, 14 variants & 4 SK
S:SF: lost count...
Iloveninjas Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#861 Posted: 00:33:31 04/05/2012
^Yeah same here. I would win on at least one a day
---
(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)
Jack Sinatra Green Sparx Gems: 315
#862 Posted: 00:40:05 04/05/2012
^ same here
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#863 Posted: 00:44:13 04/05/2012 | Topic Creator
^same here....but wasn't like that this morning.
---
Jack Sinatra Green Sparx Gems: 315
#864 Posted: 00:52:43 04/05/2012
They're probably out of stumps... remember somebody posted all our hard gathered info on the skylanders facebook page....
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:32:56 04/05/2012 by Jack Sinatra
#865 Posted: 01:04:33 04/05/2012
I was trying for randoms today and yesterday. I got at least 10 stumps "pending verification". I only call once unless i lose which was only in the very beginning and this today. Should have about 7 randoms BTW.
---
#866 Posted: 01:04:51 04/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jack Sinatra
They're probably out of stumps... remember somebody posted all our hard gathered info on the skylanders facebook page....

Haha, how could we forget!! S'okay...I got enough. I guess you just get used to winning one everytime you call! The calls are definitely going through a different process. The pause after you enter your birthday is way too long. Well, looks like we are moving on to sidekicks!! Be on the lookout!
---
Kirby_rules Ripto Gems: 504
#867 Posted: 01:16:26 04/05/2012
So you get the Sidekicks in a frito bag?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#868 Posted: 01:20:41 04/05/2012
Quote: Kirby_rules
So you get the Sidekicks in a frito bag?

Well, we don't know if they're in the bags. Rather it seems like we'll have to mail them in.
Although, it'd save us a lot of trouble if they were just in the bags. It'd be pretty hilarious to see people on the chip aisle rustling through bags and then holding them up and feeling around to see which one it is.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#869 Posted: 01:29:45 04/05/2012
They're going to release them 4 waves over 2 months - supposedly. I'm hoping 4 waves = 1 of each per wave and not having go to Publix before it opens like TRU events.

Edit: No mention of in the bags BTW. I think that would be a bad move - Moms fighting the aisles. Worse - me fighting moms :-)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:56:41 04/05/2012 by posreject
sykotek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1262
#870 Posted: 01:30:26 04/05/2012
I'd rather they just require you to mail in x amount of proofs of purchase than having them put Skylanders into bags of chips. Can you imagine if you weren't even into Skylanders and bought a bag of chips for lunch to find all your chips have been crushed into dust?! I'd be pissed.
---
Volcanic Vault World Tour is temporarily on hold...waiting on dwattzdrummer
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#871 Posted: 04:02:34 04/05/2012
I also encountered that pause after the date-of-birth entry, I'm sure that it's not only checking and recording the phone number, but also the date-of-birth.

For those of you who received your characters: Are the packages sent out in the mail or delivered to your door?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Seewolfe78 Green Sparx Gems: 331
#872 Posted: 05:50:19 04/05/2012
I just tried the 866 and it went through to a congrats message straight away, no pause. When I tried the 800 number yesterday morning it went through to a congrats without issue as well.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GSOsmilie
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#873 Posted: 07:35:58 04/05/2012
Someone posted on the facebook page that they got sent a dark spyro in the random skylanders thing
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#874 Posted: 07:52:18 04/05/2012
@Themrmusicman14: Cool, I was expecting everyone who called the number for random Skylanders was going to get only Wrecking Ball and Boomer. I walked into a Best Buy recently and all they had were pegs and pegs full of only Wrecking Ball and Boomer singles. I wanted to take a picture, it was pretty ridiculous.
---
#875 Posted: 08:44:26 04/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Postalgoddess
Quote: Jack Sinatra

Haha, how could we forget!! S'okay...I got enough. I guess you just get used to winning one everytime you call! The calls are definitely going through a different process. The pause after you enter your birthday is way too long. Well, looks like we are moving on to sidekicks!! Be on the lookout!

Has anyone had a minute to look through the comments on that flocked stump smash photo...on skylanders game Facebook page?? It's pretty sickening...the person from this website...using all of our hard gathered info, answering everyone's questions and concerns...like he's the boss...like a big know-it-all. To this person, I hope it feels good to help people out, to you...but I know you enjoy taking all this info...that we painstakingly put together as a group...and use it to feel important. Be proud that you used us, to make yourself feel good. It is one thing, if you post a link to darkspyro, suggesting they come join us, but to deal out out info, like it is YOURS....you are a fake.
---
#876 Posted: 09:11:49 04/05/2012
@Postalgoddess: I don't use Facebook, so I don't really get how to navigate it. Who exactly are you guys talking about, that Ben Haubrich guy...you mean spyroflame0487? Who cares if he posted that info? Just because you found out about it, doesn't mean that info must only be exclusively available here, it's the internet! ...and there's no requirement that anyone or any site be credited for that discovery either. Seriously, anyone could have come across that info and posted it, it's not exactly like this site isn't open to public viewing. Isn't the point to help your fellow Skylanders fans have a chance to win a limited edition figure, isn't that enough? Why be so bothered by it, I don't get it. It was going to happen eventually. Shouldn't stress yourself out about it, just focus on the good you've done, y'know?
---
#877 Posted: 09:31:40 04/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: sykotek
@Postalgoddess: I don't use Facebook, so I don't really get how to navigate it. Who exactly are you guys talking about, that Ben Haubrich guy...you mean spyroflame0487? Who cares if he posted that info? Just because you found out about it, doesn't mean that info must only be exclusively available here, it's the internet! ...and there's no requirement that anyone or any site be credited for that discovery either. Seriously, anyone could have come across that info and posted it, it's not exactly like this site isn't open to public viewing. Isn't the point to help your fellow Skylanders fans have a chance to win a limited edition figure, isn't that enough? Why be so bothered by it, I don't get it. It was going to happen eventually. Shouldn't stress yourself out about it, just focus on the good you've done, y'know?

Thanks for being such a positive person. You are right...about everything you said.
---
90806madgamer Red Sparx Gems: 97
#878 Posted: 10:11:43 04/05/2012
Yeah Postalgoddess I agree with u but its allgood we all know u shinned the light on it..thanks u did great..is cause of your post i took a second look at that fritolay bag with the skylander logo and gave me a chance to win for my kid...sykotec makes sence no reason to get worked up ..it is the internet..
XtShock Red Sparx Gems: 93
#879 Posted: 11:20:23 04/05/2012
Has anyone that used the toll-free number gotten anything yet? I know I've read someone that used the Internet code has already.
RyanidePoison Green Sparx Gems: 140
#880 Posted: 12:14:32 04/05/2012
Quote: Themrmusicman14
Someone posted on the facebook page that they got sent a dark spyro in the random skylanders thing

I'm betting that they're lying and just trolling for trolling's sake.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
RyanidePoison Green Sparx Gems: 140
#881 Posted: 12:16:54 04/05/2012
Quote: sykotek
@Themrmusicman14: Cool, I was expecting everyone who called the number for random Skylanders was going to get only Wrecking Ball and Boomer. I walked into a Best Buy recently and all they had were pegs and pegs full of only Wrecking Ball and Boomer singles. I wanted to take a picture, it was pretty ridiculous.

I've opened a few cases of figures myself out at stores and one of the most current case assortments is literally a case of 3 boomers and 3 wrecking balls. So yeah, we might all be getting "random" figures, but random from a limited selection or case pack out.
---
[smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie]
#882 Posted: 12:59:35 04/05/2012
*cough*
I don't recall posting a link to darkspyro; I think someone might have done that before I started posting. I gathered all the information together on because I KNOW people want this..and after all, we've had a whole month to get whatever we wanted.

It's not really like any of this info is hidden either. All someone has to do is search for it, and they can read the entire forums themselves; you don't even have to sign up here to view the forums.

I figured it'd be nice to help out people who haven't had a chance to get it yet, especially with the contest ending so soon. (That's really bugging me. If they wanted people to do the contest, why wait so long?) I'm just trying to get the CORRECT info to the people..since Skylander's Facebook post was "Find out on specially marked packages" and that's it. It'd be a nightmare for people if no one helped.

Anyways....

That's pretty cool someone got a Dark Spyro figure. Hopefully more people will be getting these figures soon. Contest ends tomorrow I believe!
---
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#883 Posted: 13:34:47 04/05/2012
haven't done this stuff in a few weeks, never won on the 800 number.

.....and then i just won on the 800 line, nice (after like 5 tries of "system difficulties")
but then on the 866 line, got that weird bug where if instantly hangs up after you enter your DOB, after a few "system difficulties" errors of course

maybe there are localized servers for this constest, and the one in the southeast is just terrible?
SkyDude Blue Sparx Gems: 621
#884 Posted: 18:24:58 04/05/2012
So far won the 1-800 twice !!!!!!!!!!
---
Join my Granite Crusher Fan Club tryin to get at least 50 members //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=61597
#885 Posted: 23:22:25 04/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
*cough*
I don't recall posting a link to darkspyro; I think someone might have done that before I started posting. I gathered all the information together on because I KNOW people want this..and after all, we've had a whole month to get whatever we wanted.

It's not really like any of this info is hidden either. All someone has to do is search for it, and they can read the entire forums themselves; you don't even have to sign up here to view the forums.

I figured it'd be nice to help out people who haven't had a chance to get it yet, especially with the contest ending so soon. (That's really bugging me. If they wanted people to do the contest, why wait so long?) I'm just trying to get the CORRECT info to the people..since Skylander's Facebook post was "Find out on specially marked packages" and that's it. It'd be a nightmare for people if no one helped.

Anyways....

That's pretty cool someone got a Dark Spyro figure. Hopefully more people will be getting these figures soon. Contest ends tomorrow I believe!

I'm sorry, I just feel like if skylanders wanted all of that info posted, they would have done so themselves. I understand everything is free for the public to view...and no secret, let them find it. I feel the point of the post was to get people to check out and purchase frito lay chip bags...not to give away the free numbers. I'm not gonna say anything else about this, as there are gonna be people that agree with me, and others that will not. I feel like it was disrespectful to everyone who supplied their opinion and/or experience, so that we could work as a team to figure this thing out. I think it was rude for you to answer people's questions, as if you knew every answer...with no regard to the input of everyone else that helped to get those answers. You took our hard work, and you plastered it elsewhere. Every last one of you would be all over GameMaster (sorry GM, you are innocent on this) if he were to use this forum to "steal" info and take all the credit in his own web site or whatever. The problem is that you didn't just make a comment...you kept going back, again...and again...and again. Did you ever stop and think that those questions were posted on SKYLANDERS' page? I don't know about you, but if someone asks a question on my page...I answer it, if I want it answered. I just don't get why you felt the need to be a big know-it-all...what did you get out of that?? Oh, and the fact that you couldn't even man-up about doing it, until someone called you out on it. What's done is done. I just ask for respect to your fellow forum members. You coulda said, "hey, my friends have been talking about this for awhile...check it out (post link)." Selfish..... I am not stressed about this....just voicing what I know a lot of others won't dare to say. I am not a quiet person, and I truly don't care what people wanna say about me for speaking my mind. Please don't comment on this...pm me if you like...moving on, putting this all behind......
---
#886 Posted: 23:41:19 04/05/2012
Sent you a message Postal. Hopefully we can sort out our differences there. smilie

Anyways, back to the important things: Anyone get any figures? I still check every single day. Promotion ends tomorrow, so if you haven't gotten your Stumpy yet, I'd say to go calling now.

I think a big question now is how fast they're gonna ship the figures, as well as when we'll start seeing those stands going up. From my experience, stores usually get their display stuff a few weeks early so we really should be seeing those Sidekicks displays soon.
---
NinjaHarley Yellow Sparx Gems: 1346
#887 Posted: 00:01:15 05/05/2012
Heres a random thought...So the info was posted on the official facebook page, and no one thinks that info may make it up and chain and they just decide to deem all winners from the phone lines invalid from the start or the date it was posted?

It could happen, Its like how mcdonalds has a rule against trading monopoly pieces, you could win a million, but if you didn't get by yourself they could deem the win invalid.

So I hope you didn't just screw everyone out of the stump smash
#888 Posted: 00:13:01 05/05/2012
Quote: NinjaHarley
Heres a random thought...So the info was posted on the official facebook page, and no one thinks that info may make it up and chain and they just decide to deem all winners from the phone lines invalid from the start or the date it was posted?

It could happen, Its like how mcdonalds has a rule against trading monopoly pieces, you could win a million, but if you didn't get by yourself they could deem the win invalid.

So I hope you didn't just screw everyone out of the stump smash

I would highly doubt that to happen. If they didn't want people to know about the contest, why even do it in the first place? They just failed at marketing it, and failed in turn to get any sort of information out for actually how to win. And if they didn't want people to see the info, Skylanders can easily delete the comments, or even ban me from the page if they wanted to. Because I'm such a rapscallion.
By the way, I never posted any info concerning the phone numbers. First commenter to mention DarkSpyro was a "Micheal P" and the first person to comment with the number was "Drew G".

I think we can move on from this and focus on the thread at hand, as I was trying to do in the last post. If anyone has a problem, feel free to PM me and we can talk about it. I'd be more than happy to talk to you. smilie
---
#889 Posted: 00:22:30 05/05/2012
There is a difference between advertising it and telling people how to win, there was an image made with all the info.

[User Posted Image]

that is posted on their FB page...I don't see how that is good

It doesn't matter how you and I see it, but they may see it as scamming the system, It could be in violation of the rules , Just like how the taco bell ps vita contest got ruined by hackers.

I just hope you didn't cost everyone their stumpies, because if they view it that way and they haven't mass produced them yet, they could easily just not make them
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:27:26 05/05/2012 by NinjaHarley
#890 Posted: 00:32:09 05/05/2012
Well, its the exact same information we've come across, just condensed into one thing. If it was something like legal issues, they would have probably notified someone about it, like the guy who was going to post that information from Skylanders.

Unlike the Vita and the previously mentioned data though, we're not hacking a system or anything. They put that number out there for people to call and win. It didn't always make everyone win, so they obviously changed it. And I don't think Frito-Lay wants to risk a partnership with Skylanders by an oversight on their part.

Alright, all this can be dropped. Again, if anyone has a problem, PM me.

EDIT: There. To appease everyone complaining, I deleted all of my comments, and the picture should be gone momentarily. Was only trying to help others out..those who don't know about this site and wouldn't know otherwise. Wasn't trying to gain credit for it or any other reasons people may be gathering. Whatever. It's in the past.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:18:25 05/05/2012 by spyroflame0487
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#891 Posted: 00:37:13 05/05/2012
I just won a stump smash thanks alot!
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#892 Posted: 00:58:10 05/05/2012
866 # won tonight.

I'm also not to happy about people posting info from this forum elsewhere. These (some) people are clueless and live in their little social network. I say let that be so and don't help people that can't use a browser otherwise. "I didn't know" - well you didn't look.
---
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#893 Posted: 01:16:14 05/05/2012
If people are interested in skylanders then they will come here. This forum has been great for insider info. Many people could have posted this info on facebook before you but they didnt. Why? Bc if they want to find out about it they will google it and come here. The people that run this site would appreciate the traffic but posting it on facebook was just wrong. Next time we get a heads up on an exclusive release lets just post it on facebook ruining spyroflames chances of obtaining one bc millions of people will know instead of the few that frequent this site. Maybe then he will understand. If frito wanted to advertise on facebook they would have. Sorry but for so many reasons what you did was wrong and honestly we will all probably be screwed bc of it
#894 Posted: 01:32:02 05/05/2012 | Topic Creator
I am speechless....

(for anyone that knows me, that is virtually impossible to happen!! Lol!)
---
RidgeRat517 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1362
#895 Posted: 01:35:54 05/05/2012
I found this article online, Just an FYI
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/...e-Winning/10638
#896 Posted: 01:38:46 05/05/2012
I wonder where they got their info oh let me guess the FB page, cause otherwise they wouldn't have mentioned it
#897 Posted: 01:47:09 05/05/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: RidgeRat517
I found this article online, Just an FYI
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/...e-Winning/10638

OMG, this is worse than I realized. Let's make this a learning experience!! Have RESPECT....keep it in here...BTW, just can't stop wondering why that ever-so-helpful chart wasn't posted on darkspyro...perhaps for a lot of the new users...so they wouldn't have to troll through 800 comments. I thought the owner was so interested in "helping".
---
#898 Posted: 01:52:34 05/05/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487

EDIT: There. To appease everyone complaining, I deleted all of my comments, and the picture should be gone momentarily. Was only trying to help others out..those who don't know about this site and wouldn't know otherwise. Wasn't trying to gain credit for it or any other reasons people may be gathering. Whatever. It's in the past.

And the comment count drops from over 230 to 212....yea you did do much with over 28 comments
#899 Posted: 02:09:14 05/05/2012
Quote: Postalgoddess
I thought the owner was so interested in "helping".

I..didn't write the article..so I'm not sure who that's directed to. By the way, the article was posted shortly after the picture of Stumpy was uploaded to Facebook, because I remember reading it right after that. The "info" had to have been gathered before, I wouldn't doubt from here in the first place. (remember, you don't have to sign up to view the forums) Before someone calls me on the dates, The HD Room is on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), where it's the next day over there already.
Didn't post the picture because I figured everyone who knew about the promotion had already played. Regardless, new users had their questions answered by all of us here..no different than me answering those on facebook.

Quote: NinjaHarley
And the comment count drops from over 230 to 212....yea you did do much with over 28 comments

All the posts were answering people in the comment stream about the promotion. I ended up making the picture so I wouldn't have to keep repeating the same thing over and over, but that didn't work out.

I don't understand why everyone is still up in arms about this like I did some sort of horrible atrocity. Not every single person out there reads darkSpyro (And considering the intelligence of the people posting on the Skylanders facebook wall, they don't do much reading at all...) I've seen it from everyone else's point of view, and all I'm asking is that you look at it from my side. If I had suddenly heard about the promotion, I'd be all over looking for answers. But someone has it all together for me? Well heck...that's one of those Pass It On moments. I hope if they do something like this in the future, someone comes and helps us out.

Shame we have to get all upset when someone "steals" publicly available information.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:13:42 05/05/2012 by spyroflame0487
First | Previous | Page 18 of 19 | Last
1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me