Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Why Blue Bash? [CLOSED]
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#1 Posted: 20:40:42 25/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Why do you think they decided to make Bash the only see through blue character (besides slam bam...but thats him normally)

Production error, or do you think Bash is so unliked that they're doing everything to make people buy him (i.e. making him legendary and blue..)

He'll be the only character with 3 true forms (not counting golds and silvers as variants)
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 20:46:03 25/03/2012
Quote: ialexonline
Why do you think they decided to make Bash the only see through blue character (besides slam bam...but thats him normally)

Production error, or do you think Bash is so unliked that they're doing everything to make people buy him (i.e. making him legendary and blue..)

He'll be the only character with 3 true forms (not counting golds and silvers as variants)

They had a vote on their Facebook Page and Blue won. (over green and red)
[User Posted Image]

And I think you're forgetting Spyro, who already has 3 forms, (Regular, Dark and Legendary)

The way I see it, it's just another promotion for TRU to get more customers and have a monopoly on the market for these things. If anything, they're probably rolling in the green with profits from people not only coming in for Skylanders, but also to buy other things.

Personally, I would have liked to see 2 other ones in this wave with the clear coloring, but that doesn't look very likely right now. Even though Bash has been confirmed to have 2100 coins on him and at level 5 like the Golds/silvers, it might be cool for them to do it in the final wave. Especially since the post about them mentions them as a "rare Skylander series".
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#3 Posted: 20:46:14 25/03/2012
Since they didn't release Bash in wave 3, maybe they figured they would use the molds to just crank out a model that didn't need any painting.
#4 Posted: 20:50:27 25/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Ahhh right! I forgot about Dark Spyro (though they can technically count him as a separate character because he's very different from the original, and he's listed on the poster as separate)

They can have 15 spyros and no one will question it...but bash is so random...and i just hate him...
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#5 Posted: 21:01:11 25/03/2012
Because Bash is the best character? :-P
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#6 Posted: 21:03:00 25/03/2012
^Psssh, DUH!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#7 Posted: 21:41:41 25/03/2012
Bash was the first skylander i bought. He's one of my favs cause of his high attack and defense. not to mention his roll attack owns.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#8 Posted: 22:15:16 25/03/2012
Bash was the very first Skylander sculpted, so I think it might have something to do with that? TFB also have a soft spot for the guy (alongside Trigger Happy) most likely for the same reason.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#9 Posted: 22:17:05 25/03/2012
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
Bash was the very first Skylander sculpted, so I think it might have something to do with that? TFB also have a soft spot for the guy (alongside Trigger Happy) most likely for the same reason.

Because Bash and Trigger Happy are awesome.

I would love for it in the inevitable animated series for them to be total bros. Can you imaging Trigger Happy just riding rolling Bash into battle, like how a clowns move around while ontop of giant balls.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#10 Posted: 22:37:42 25/03/2012
I think bash is cool.. But making blue bash was a bad idea. The only thing different is that he's level 5, has 2000 coins, and he's blue. But he won't be blue when you play him on the game which is a bad move I think for activision. Why would you make a Skylander a different color if they will be like the original. I will not be buying Blue bash....
Dark Gyro Blue Sparx Gems: 656
#11 Posted: 04:26:22 26/03/2012
I believe the answer may be a bit more simple. Bash may be the only character built as one form, with no joints. With no joints, he would be the cheapest figure to produce and would look the best as a clear figure.

I actually wish they had gone ahead and made all 3 colors. The triple pack would have been amazingly cool. Think of it with the blue one being a Best Buy Exclusive, red for Target and green for TRU. Heck, they could've even done a yellow one for Wal-Mart too.

From working with a toy company in the past, I can also tell you that the more of any sculpt brings down the production cost considerably. It wouldn't have cost them much more to do all three colors and tripling the production would have brought the price of production way, way down.
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#12 Posted: 04:40:27 26/03/2012
Wow why did people vote for the blue one? The green and red versions look way better in my opinion.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#13 Posted: 05:20:11 26/03/2012
Quote: Dark Gyro
I believe the answer may be a bit more simple. Bash may be the only character built as one form, with no joints. With no joints, he would be the cheapest figure to produce and would look the best as a clear figure.

I actually wish they had gone ahead and made all 3 colors. The triple pack would have been amazingly cool. Think of it with the blue one being a Best Buy Exclusive, red for Target and green for TRU. Heck, they could've even done a yellow one for Wal-Mart too.

From working with a toy company in the past, I can also tell you that the more of any sculpt brings down the production cost considerably. It wouldn't have cost them much more to do all three colors and tripling the production would have brought the price of production way, way down.

Bash is made up of 5 pieces - his head, torso, each front arm, and tail. Kinda surprising for such a squat guy.

I really would've loved to have all 3 colors made too, clear variants work so nicely with the portal it'd be a shame if they only made one (not counting Slam-Bam).
---
#all Spyros are valid
#14 Posted: 12:57:47 26/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I really like the red version >.<

I'll probably get Blue bash thought because I dont have a normal bash (as i said i never liked him) and I might as well get a "rare" figure to add to my collection, and he'll count as a normal bash.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me