Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > NO variants this wave. Why I think there isn't.
Page 1 of 1
NO variants this wave. Why I think there isn't. [CLOSED]
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1 Posted: 20:14:06 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
So, going to Best Buy and buying the new triple pack, showed me what the contents of wave 4 triples are.

- 2 Lightning Rod/Cynder/Zook
- 2 Prism Break/Voodood/Boomer
- 2 Zap/Hex/Dino Rang

Singles goes like this -

- 1 Lightning Rod
- 1 Zook
- 1 Ignitor
- 1 Stealth Elf
- 1 Sonic Boom
- 1 Bash

Now then, why do I think there are no variants in this wave? Look at the pattern.

Silvers -

- Boomer (single and triple)
- Eruptor (single and triple)
- Dino Rang (single and triple)

Golds -

- Chop Chop (single)
- Drill Sergeant (single and triple)
- Flameslinger (single and triple)

But, here it comes. "David, but Chop Chop was in single only and was gold." You are right. However, the other two were single and triple.

Wave 4 is completely different. Look at wave 4 closely. What do you see? Only two singles are also in triples this wave. Those are Lightning Rod and Zook. Bash isn't in a triple this wave, as well as Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom, Bash, or Ignitor.

So, if three singles were a variant, they would be single only. We know the trend though. 3 variants from wave 2 were in single and triple packs, while wave 3 had 2 in single and triple packs, while 1 was single only.

The trend is, when they do variants, they are in single and triple packs.

This leads me to believe there are no variants this wave. Wait for it. "David? What if three characters from singles were variants, while three characters from the triple packs are variants, for a total of 6 variants?"

I don't think they would do that. Repainting 6 characters in one wave would be a waste of time. They still sell for normal. They don't get extra money by doing that. those lucky enough to find them do.

Another reason I don't think the triples have variants, is due to one thing that is plainly common sense.

TWO OF THOSE TRIPLE PACKS HAD VARIANTS BEFORE! Prism Break/Boomer/Voodood = silver Boomer. Zap/Hex/Dino Rang = silver Dino Rang.

They're not going to do seperate variants in packs that had variants already.

I seriously don't think there are variants this wave. I'm not sad about that, either.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#2 Posted: 20:22:04 24/03/2012
You put a lot of thought into that!
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#3 Posted: 20:37:59 24/03/2012
Does Blue Bash not count as a variant then?
#4 Posted: 20:43:16 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Those blue bash's ship in their own box of 6. It has its own item number. So, I don't consider it to be one of the rare variants of this wave.
---
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#5 Posted: 20:44:52 24/03/2012
Good theory man! I see your pattern!
How does Blue bash fit in though? Is he in the single pack you mentioned in the singles???
Maybe he is just like Legendary Trigger happy and all alone character?

Could it not be like this tho??? (just thinking)

Silvers -

- Boomer (single and triple)
- Eruptor (single and triple)
- Dino Rang (single and triple)

Golds -

- Chop Chop (single)
- Drill Sergeant (single and triple)
- Flameslinger (single and triple)

Blue-

-Bash (single)
-Sonic boom (single)
-Lightning Rod (single and triple)

Then wave 5 all singles variants????

I know my theory is not as good as yours....Plus I would think there would be some showing up on ebay by now!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
#6 Posted: 20:46:20 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah. There is a lot of wave 4 out there, yet no one has a variant yet? It never took this long with wave 2 and 3.

Blue Bash comes in his own box of 6, only at TRU, with his own unique item number.
---
#7 Posted: 20:51:40 24/03/2012
Maybe they decided to go a different route with the variants after the fake silver stump smash and the prices on ebay?
---
#8 Posted: 20:52:25 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Could have. That would be awesome.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#9 Posted: 21:05:58 24/03/2012
GameStop manager told us they received an e-mail about this, basically telling them that Activision discontinued variants because of backdoor dealings by employees of various retail chains, and the eBay insanity. Secondary market issues... allegedly. Take it for what it's worth. Even if the e-mail turns out to be real, there's still a chance that it's not accurate information, as GameStop itself is no primary source on the matter. Regardless, it does corroborate the theory that there are no variants. Personally, I am not disappointed at all. Having several variants per wave was just ridiculous if they're going to be releasing these waves on a monthly or bi-monthly basis.
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#10 Posted: 21:08:15 24/03/2012
I'd like to see that idiot try and fake a clear blue toy... And of course it will be real don't-you-know... because when you reported him to Activision they offered him a job and now he has every Skylander including some unique ones that were made especially for him because the gold Stump Smash was like Willy Wonka's golden ticket so now he owns Activision...

*rolls eyes*
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:11:02 24/03/2012 by Deandria
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#11 Posted: 21:13:34 24/03/2012
congrats on completing wave 4 GameMaster looking to complete mine this sunday
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#12 Posted: 21:54:04 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Gaia. I had an issue come up today. I will mail your figures off Monday, before I go to work (around 8-8:30 AM CST so it should go out that day). I SWEAR IT!

While Gamestop is always questionable, I do believe when they say there won't be variants. They simply appear too fast on Ebay, and not a single one has appeared. That, plus two of the triple packs released, had silver variants before, and only Zook and Lightning Rod are in both single and triple packs this wave, meaning they would have more than 3 characters this wave.

Maybe they had the idea to do it with 3 waves, and will do it with wave 5, but who knows. As of this wave, I don't think there are any variants, and I'm not complaining. smilie
---
#13 Posted: 22:18:00 24/03/2012
No more variants at retail would be great!!!!
Like I said in other posts and topics ....a mail in rebate or some kind of promotion for silver and golds would be better!!!

Maybe that is what the new chip promo is about? hahaha

[User Posted Image]
---
Kesrael Gold Sparx Gems: 2507
#14 Posted: 22:21:31 24/03/2012
ZOMG! BLIND!!
---
I'm Kesrael_V on Lost Islands! Add me!!
Gaiaknight Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#15 Posted: 22:28:29 24/03/2012
its all good GM monday is perfect
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#16 Posted: 22:34:24 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks, Gaia. I promise to send them out then.
---
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#17 Posted: 22:59:44 24/03/2012
GM,

it appears that this wave contains to separate boxes of single packs each with a seperate six skylander individals in it.

There are the six you mentioned in the original post also we appear to have rereleases of

-Hex, Eruptor, Stump Smash, Whirlwind, Chop Chop and Drobot

I can't figure out the exact combinations of the two wave 4 single boxes though

All I know is everything that is not part of this wave has become quite rare quite fast
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:23 24/03/2012 by ItsJustMe
#18 Posted: 23:32:06 24/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Interesting. While I believe you, because I've seen some of the characters you listed, I haven't seen Stump Smash singles. I have seen Hex, Chop Chop, Drobot, and Drill Sergeant singles, though. I will do some investigating. Thanks for the heads up. smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me