Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Gold Stump Smash [CLOSED]
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#1 Posted: 19:01:51 24/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Does anyone believe this is real?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKYL...=item19ce0a381e

A gold Stump Smash, out of it's packaging. Yeah, probably fake.
Just look at the description though:

Quote:
GOLD STUMP SMASH SKYLANDER STUMP SMASH.

LIMITED PIRATESEAS HIDDEN TREASURE EDITION SKYLANDER,

ONLY 50 OF THESE KNOWN TO EXIST AND STILL NOT RELEASED TO GENRAL PUBLIC, I HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE 2 POSTED TO ME FROM FAMILY IN CHINA BUT AM ONLY SELLIN 1 SON HAS CLAIMED OTHER. WHICH IS ONE IN PHOTO

ONE IM SELLING IS STILL IN BOX UNISRD AND UNOPENED AND WILL STAND OUT IN ANY ONESCOLLECTION.
IT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THIS ONE BUT I THOUGHT BETTER TO SHOW THIS ONE SO YOU CAN SEE WAT A FINE LOOKIN STUMP HE IS

Yeah. Who else thinks this is fake?
---
Bring the Fanta
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#2 Posted: 19:14:52 24/02/2012
Fake! Really? "LIMITED PIRATESEAS HIDDEN TREASURE EDITION SKYLANDER." smilie
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:21:04 24/02/2012 by Fireballz
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#3 Posted: 19:16:08 24/02/2012
Fake.

Its not even the same shade of gold paint compared to the other official golds. Also find it funny how he claims to own two as well and the one thats "boxed" isnt shown with a picture. Add in his inability to actually spell-check his writing.

Hopefully people on here with eBay accounts can report him for this obvious b.s. sale.
machmandp Blue Sparx Gems: 530
#4 Posted: 19:50:59 24/02/2012
In all honesty Activision are to blame for all of this crap

1. They dont post any release dates its all rumours that people hear and do not make any statements on Availability
we have no idea when anything is released or going to be and as a parent i enjoy playing it with my kids i just dont like the fact they cant get the ones they want or even have no idea when they will (I'm in the UK and no Cynder etc yet)
2. Nowhere have i seen an actual list of which Gold & silver ones they have made
3. They release special LTD editions only available at toy fairs etc

all of the above makes it easy for people to be ripped off by ebayers and scalpers etc
I hope im not speaking out of turn for anyone but i actually feel for collectors like some on here
( i wont name them but you know who has the best collections on here) , how apart from paying a fortune to people who couldnt care less about them that got them for free can they complete the collection.

So we see a listing like this and no one has a clue on if its real or not

Take the shortage its ridiculus that they cannot meet demand and creating the oppurtunity for scalpers to rip off people
Any company that releases something like this should make sure that they have the capacity to meet the demand
I understand that they were not sure if it would be popular but surely they should have made sure they could cope if it was
They had no plans they just didnt have faith in the product at all.

Activision have cocked up and thats why i cant be arsed to get the other unreleased chars now, i have the wii game and unlocked all of the unreleased ones and Dragons peak but if activision would give us some info and also get something new released it may have held my interest longer.

To end my Rant the whole thing has been one big balls up that i can see , lets look forward to giants and it all happening again
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#5 Posted: 19:55:28 24/02/2012
Totally sounds fake.

What's up with all this Stump Smash variation-ness lately? :l
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:33 24/02/2012 by Madel
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 19:57:08 24/02/2012
MAYBE ITS BECAUSE HE'S YELLING!

haha at least if they were going to make a fake one, they should do one that's more convincing. This is essentially a child saying "My dad works at Activision so It's real"
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#7 Posted: 20:04:52 24/02/2012
i think it's sad that there are & bids on it T_T
---
Praise Helix!!!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#8 Posted: 20:05:48 24/02/2012
Yes, totally fake. You can see the little "flecks" that come from spray painting something in the picture, whereas actual gold Skylanders, and even that possibly faked silver Stump Smash, appear smooth.
Wynne1975 Blue Sparx Gems: 854
#9 Posted: 20:19:17 24/02/2012
Just reported it to eBay as fake. I suggest others viewing this thread do the same.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#10 Posted: 20:31:03 24/02/2012
I reported the item to Ebay. That's just wrong of people to try and fool others into thinking it's real.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#11 Posted: 20:43:02 24/02/2012
Just reported to eBay too. Sad seeing people doing this. :/
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
Spyro Forever Red Sparx Gems: 84
#12 Posted: 20:44:35 24/02/2012
I reported it too, but ebay really has no way of knowing if it's fake or not. The company that creates the toys have to report it before ebay will do anything about it.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#13 Posted: 21:15:35 24/02/2012
Wrong color for gold skylanders.

Bumpy paint surface.

Fictional story.

I'm surprised it took so long for people to start painting them.
---
#all Spyros are valid
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#14 Posted: 22:56:56 24/02/2012
I went for a different tack - I "innocently" sent him a message asking him to photo the MIB one so that I could see what I was actually getting as I intended to bid over 300 for it.

I went the seller to go to the effort of trying to reseal one in a box and make it convincing...

Then again, when I was younger and had more time on my hands, I also used to bait Nigerian scammers and make them jump through hoops for no gain.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#15 Posted: 23:11:11 24/02/2012
I agree that this is partially Activisions fault. All they needed to do was make the packaging unique (how about a gold figure on the package, or even big GOLD letters on the package?) to keep people from painting their own.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#16 Posted: 23:15:46 24/02/2012
Quote: Himewad
I agree that this is partially Activisions fault. All they needed to do was make the packaging unique (how about a gold figure on the package, or even big GOLD letters on the package?) to keep people from painting their own.

The only thing I partially disagree with in this statement is...well, nothing really.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Deandria Green Sparx Gems: 304
#17 Posted: 23:27:29 24/02/2012
Quote: chaosworrier
I went for a different tack - I "innocently" sent him a message asking him to photo the MIB one so that I could see what I was actually getting as I intended to bid over 300 for it.

I went the seller to go to the effort of trying to reseal one in a box and make it convincing...

Then again, when I was younger and had more time on my hands, I also used to bait Nigerian scammers and make them jump through hoops for no gain.

I like your thinking smilie My dad does that sometimes with those ebay/email scammers, I am constantly amazed at what he can get them to do/believe in the persuit of money.

I once bought a copy of Pokémon Emerald from ebay before it came out in the UK thinking I was getting a US import and when I got it it was a poor fake that didn't work. After asking for my money back because it didn't work I was told I had to "push the cartridge in harder" because it was stiff and that it was a real copy (despite the poor quality box/label and the fact the cart was a dark grey not green). I did get it to work in the end but it was such a poor translation it was impossible to play. "Player keep the record well." instead of "Player saved the game." was one of the easier to understand things and some of the Pokémon names had a mix of kanji and latin letters. I reported them to ebay, they said basically 'we don't care unless Nintendo have a problem' so I reported them to Nintendo. Eventually the guy got banned but not until he'd given me some bad feedback. He did tell me that he'd give me my money back if I posted it to him but then he'd have had my money AND the game to resell to some poor unsuspecting kid.

I suggest people contact Activision (or Toys for Bob) about this because as someone already said, ebay may well ignore the complaints unless Activision complain themselves.
---
Own: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Really Want: smilie smilie
#18 Posted: 23:54:54 24/02/2012
I got a reply from the seller, who I sent a message to.

Dig this clown -

Do your self a favor and read my feedback if you think im dishonest and sellin amount i do do u think id condone selling fakes on ebay when tjey have my details and ip address.
And wats ur mate at toys 4 bob t lady and there is a silver stump smash there is also a gold dino rang and drobot.
Your just bitter because you cant get one i am 100 percent genuine so do your home work first or ill sue you ffor defamation of character

Oh, no. He's going to sue me. I dare him to. I would win in a heartbeat.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:23 24/02/2012 by GameMaster78
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#19 Posted: 23:58:43 24/02/2012
Pfff that message
It reminds me of myself when I was 10 (except I would have probably thrown idiotic insults in there)

Anyway, for Gold Stump Smash, nope. It looks very fake. The paint isn't smooth. It's not the same shade of gold as the others.
I agree with Himewad and his idea.
---
but i love it all smooth
#20 Posted: 00:03:41 25/02/2012
Ask him if he plans to purchase a spellchecker with the profits of his Skylander sales because he sounds like a complete idiot.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#21 Posted: 00:03:46 25/02/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

Your just bitter because you cant get one

Oh god, I laughed harder than I should have.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#22 Posted: 00:12:22 25/02/2012
GM, mate, There is only one response to a clown like that:

[User Posted Image]
---
Soylent Green is People!
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#23 Posted: 00:32:49 25/02/2012
Lol I love it when people post random Pics and vids on here.smilie:-P
#24 Posted: 00:39:30 25/02/2012
You should see the reaction GIFs people post in other sections then
---
but i love it all smooth
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#25 Posted: 01:25:06 25/02/2012
FAKE!!!!
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#26 Posted: 01:25:58 25/02/2012
Its not fake! ...........ITS HELLA FAKE!!!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#27 Posted: 01:46:59 25/02/2012
I got a reply from the seller, who I sent a message to.

Dig this clown -

Do your self a favor and read my feedback if you think im dishonest and sellin amount i do do u think id condone selling fakes on ebay when tjey have my details and ip address.
And wats ur mate at toys 4 bob t lady and there is a silver stump smash there is also a gold dino rang and drobot.
Your just bitter because you cant get one i am 100 percent genuine so do your home work first or ill sue you ffor defamation of character

Oh, no. He's going to sue me. I dare him to. I would win in a heartbeat.

This seller is an idiot. The person who wins should sue him for selling a fake.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#28 Posted: 02:01:29 25/02/2012
here is the pic...

[User Posted Image]

can people ask him to put up a few pic of the boxed one?....
#29 Posted: 02:32:03 25/02/2012
The dude responded to me again -

U need to get a life u nerd. Just cos ur mate works at toys 4 nobs dont mean he's privy to them world wide and he cant think your a mate to let u pay 1500 dollars on a figure u freak.
Thats reason y ur so adamant these r fake cos u cant get one, the green eyed monster needs to put his toys bak in his pram. And u wouldnt hav one anyway i dont ship 2 the states.
Ur more than welcome to inform ebay i no there real from xain in china once a month they come ive also got 10 legendery trigger happys u gona say they fake 2 and dont do them and a jewel incrusted cinder

Someone here is right about one thing, this guy sucks when it comes to his wording.
---
#30 Posted: 02:34:14 25/02/2012
What.
I can barely read that.
I feel bad for his/her English teacher.

Did they say they had a jewel incrusted Cynder? And it's real?
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:28 25/02/2012 by LevanJess
#31 Posted: 02:35:23 25/02/2012

U need to get a life u nerd. Just cos ur mate works at toys 4 nobs dont mean he's privy to them world wide and he cant think your a mate to let u pay 1500 dollars on a figure u freak.
Thats reason y ur so adamant these r fake cos u cant get one, the green eyed monster needs to put his toys bak in his pram. And u wouldnt hav one anyway i dont ship 2 the states.
Ur more than welcome to inform ebay i no there real from xain in china once a month they come ive also got 10 legendery trigger happys u gona say they fake 2 and dont do them and a jewel incrusted cinder

Is this guy fifteen years old? What a complete stooge.
#32 Posted: 02:36:16 25/02/2012
This guy is stupid. I can't read it. -.-
---
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#33 Posted: 02:38:23 25/02/2012
definitly fake, looking at the guys reponse he's barely 6 years old
---
THE END IS NEAR
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:38:48 25/02/2012 by nitendofan92
#34 Posted: 02:40:46 25/02/2012
The dude's a flake, that's for sure. He's talking about jewel incrusted Cynders. It reminded me of this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCLxWLZuUVk

3:06 in that video.
---
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#35 Posted: 02:48:32 25/02/2012
^Its a Flake?smilie
#36 Posted: 02:51:50 25/02/2012
I would call ebay and let them know his responses to you. They may do something. As for his language, well, English obviously isn't his first language, so you can't really make fun of him for that (or call it a fake for THAT reason. I know it's a fake, but not because of the way he typed). If I were to try and type Spanish, my message would be a lot harder to read.
#37 Posted: 02:53:04 25/02/2012
I sure hope this guy doesnt write that way when he's actually dealing with people that win his auctions. Even if he could prove it was real at this point now, I'd never buy anything from him based on his lack of professionalism and complete butchering of the English language.
#38 Posted: 03:00:54 25/02/2012
Quote: Spyro Forever
I would call ebay and let them know his responses to you. They may do something. As for his language, well, English obviously isn't his first language, so you can't really make fun of him for that (or call it a fake for THAT reason. I know it's a fake, but not because of the way he typed). If I were to try and type Spanish, my message would be a lot harder to read.

He claims Cheshire, United Kingdom as his location. English as that point becomes default. If he had grammar errors I'd take that as an excuse. He have blatant words mispelled and shorted like he was writing a text message. No excuse at that point for the butchering.
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10108
#39 Posted: 03:24:34 25/02/2012

Someone here is right about one thing, this guy sucks when it comes to his wording.

What is wrong with that guy? -_- I actually laughed
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#40 Posted: 04:11:57 25/02/2012
The gold does not even look right??????
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
#41 Posted: 05:12:30 25/02/2012
to quote the weird alien guy from STAR WARS EPISODE 6: ITS A TRAP!
---
131/174
#42 Posted: 05:27:33 25/02/2012
Ackbar!! Admiral Ackbar! No Star Wars cookies for you.

[User Posted Image]
#43 Posted: 05:31:30 25/02/2012
aah, i like star wars cookies. thanks for posting the picture anyway
---
131/174
chrisrobbo21982 Blue Sparx Gems: 707
#44 Posted: 08:13:56 25/02/2012
I saw this the other day and instantly thought it was fake. The guy has a pic on his ebay profile which makes me think he'd speak the Queen's English as a first language. But have a look at his other items and you'll see he's selling a clothing bag from Her Majesty's Prison Service and is proud of the fact you're not supposed to have them outside of prison.
Make of that what you will...
---
Own: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
willow Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#45 Posted: 09:03:59 25/02/2012
Most definitely a fake. The gold paint is the wrong shade alltogether, and plus, there isn't actually such thing as a Gold Stump Smash. I feel sorry for the people who are bidding on that thing, but most of all, I just feel sorry for the seller. And a jewel encrusted Cynder? Yes, that would be cool, but get real. But hey; at least you can get something out of the deal: Stump Smash. smilie
---
All standard Skylanders now owned, and Dark Spyro, except Camo, Sunburn and Wham-Shell!
ilikeroc Red Sparx Gems: 13
#46 Posted: 12:37:37 25/02/2012
thats actully one of the rare gold and silver skylanders. They're the same as there normal toy but gold and they cost a bit more lke $11.00
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#47 Posted: 13:08:57 25/02/2012
Quote: ilikeroc
thats actully one of the rare gold and silver skylanders. They're the same as there normal toy but gold and they cost a bit more lke $11.00

Stump Smash isn't one of the real/confirmed gold ones.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#48 Posted: 13:09:56 25/02/2012
Must be a custom. I could tweet it to the official Skylanders twitter and see if they respond to it if anyone wants me to.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#49 Posted: 13:13:44 25/02/2012
Quote: GothamLord
Quote: Spyro Forever

He claims Cheshire, United Kingdom as his location. English as that point becomes default. If he had grammar errors I'd take that as an excuse. He have blatant words mispelled and shorted like he was writing a text message. No excuse at that point for the butchering.

the guy talk about contacts in china. so he may be from china and that is why we see all these misspells and stuff in his typing. he is just not good at english..... just saying.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:19:18 25/02/2012 by kappapopm
minimax98765 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#50 Posted: 14:38:16 25/02/2012
it,s fake but it looks cool
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me