Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Dragon's Peak Availability [CLOSED]
Eerie Red Sparx Gems: 83
#1 Posted: 23:40:06 19/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Toys R Us will have Dragon's Peak on Sunday, 3/25. They will be getting them in via fed-ex on Saturday.

Yay for smilie !

edit:

this for the U.S.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:41:25 20/03/2012 by Eerie
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#2 Posted: 23:45:28 19/03/2012
How do u know this?
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#3 Posted: 23:47:35 19/03/2012
Is this for Canada and UK or U.S.?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#4 Posted: 23:48:04 19/03/2012
Whatever
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#5 Posted: 23:53:35 19/03/2012
Quote: Himewad
Whatever

ditto
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#6 Posted: 23:54:43 19/03/2012
Hmm... I doubt this new information, but why are we saying whatever?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured it out.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:57:12 19/03/2012 by Madel
#7 Posted: 23:55:29 19/03/2012
Hmm, why would they have it released four days right after the 21st event? Looks like I'm going to have to waste gas to make yet another trip to the same store in the same week. Wait, the 25th is a Sunday, I thought that shipments were on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays?
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:56:47 19/03/2012 by OpalOsprey
#8 Posted: 23:58:08 19/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: OpalOsprey
Wait, the 25th is a Sunday, I thought that shipments were on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays?

regular trucks are those days, but fed-ex shipments can arrive any day.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#9 Posted: 00:01:03 20/03/2012
They've got enough people lined up for singles on Wednesday morning as it is. Why throw DP in there too, and deny those same people another profitable visit again on Sunday? I, for one, find this very plausible, Eerie. Ignore the whatevers. Thanks for the info!
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#10 Posted: 00:03:07 20/03/2012
i won't be able to go cause i have church. if im lucky, i could go monday.
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
#11 Posted: 00:05:37 20/03/2012
Quote: Landerfan2012

My family will also be in church. I guess TRU is targeting the little heathen children in the world.
---
#12 Posted: 00:05:42 20/03/2012
People that work at Toys'R'us are going to horde them before the store even opens and then you have to worry about all of the scalpers here, so I guess my best bet is to buy it online.

Edit: Yeah, that's a good point, Sunday is church day so it should have been Saturday or Monday.
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:33 20/03/2012 by OpalOsprey
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#13 Posted: 00:08:22 20/03/2012
Whatever

Same here

Quote: OpalOsprey
People that work at Toys'R'us are going to horde them before the store even opens and then you have to worry about all of the scalpers here, so I guess my best bet is to buy it online.

And they probably will, so why bother getting excited. smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#14 Posted: 00:10:53 20/03/2012

My family will also be in church. I guess TRU is targeting the little heathen children in the world.

Boo-yah! Score one for the heathen children and families! None for the judgemental folk!
#15 Posted: 00:12:30 20/03/2012
im not being judgemental, Himewad is. sorry himewad
---
131/174
#16 Posted: 00:13:40 20/03/2012
Quote: PlayableMoogle

Boo-yah! Score one for the heathen children and families! None for the judgemental folk!

Score 2!!!
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

#17 Posted: 00:14:10 20/03/2012
im not being judgemental, Himewad is. sorry himewad

No, you got it right. I didn't mean to make it sound as though that was directed at you. smilie
#18 Posted: 00:15:38 20/03/2012
oh, okay
---
131/174
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#19 Posted: 00:35:17 20/03/2012
I was told that Dragon's Peak will be at TRU on Friday in Canada. That is when our flyer starts. (Something in the flyer to do with skylanders). When does the US flyer start? Maybe that is why the release date is Sunday?
#20 Posted: 00:44:21 20/03/2012
Quote: dman08
I was told that Dragon's Peak will be at TRU on Friday in Canada. That is when our flyer starts. (Something in the flyer to do with skylanders). When does the US flyer start? Maybe that is why the release date is Sunday?

Yep! Sunday is the ad. I've tried finding it, but no luck so far. If anyone finds it, the confirmation would be fantastic.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#21 Posted: 00:44:27 20/03/2012
Really!!!!! That's so cool!!! Will they be out when TRU opens? And this for all TRU or just yours?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:56:48 20/03/2012 by Rand O M
#22 Posted: 01:07:34 20/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Rand O M
Really!!!!! That's so cool!!! Will they be out when TRU opens? And this for all TRU or just yours?

They will be on shelves when all U.S. TRU stores open on Sunday. I haven't seen anything about quantities though.
#23 Posted: 01:11:29 20/03/2012
Quote: Eerie

They will be on shelves when all U.S. TRU stores open on Sunday. I haven't seen anything about quantities though.

Do you know if they'll be in the flyer? Also, and this is just a well-educated guess: a guy named GameMaster suspects you're scalping hundreds of these, and has already placed calls to Toys 'R Us corporate and the office of the President of the United States, because no one acquires these before he does.
#24 Posted: 01:14:27 20/03/2012
^Everyone knows Gamemaster. You don't need to say "a guy named...". Besides, he wasn't like that because he wanted it first. He just thought the lady stole it from TRU or a factory and she needed to be punished, but then we found out she didn't. You people are so mean sometimes.
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:15:36 20/03/2012 by Whirlwind5598
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#25 Posted: 01:16:17 20/03/2012
my tru gets them on 21st of mar
#26 Posted: 01:19:09 20/03/2012
^Every TRU in the US gets them at that time, smart one. Besides it isn't even an official date for it yet, It will probably come out in every TRU on Sunday, if not the 21st.
---

Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:21:14 20/03/2012 by Whirlwind5598
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#27 Posted: 01:21:23 20/03/2012

Do you know if they'll be in the flyer? Also, and this is just a well-educated guess: a guy named GameMaster suspects you're scalping hundreds of these, and has already placed calls to Toys 'R Us corporate and the office of the President of the United States, because no one acquires these before he does.

First of all, GameMaster wasnt talking about hundreds, he (including myself) were just puzzled how someone got a sunburn to throw on a cake.... whats up with joining a forum n then call people out who have been on this forum for a while? (And then twist everything he said)
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:41 20/03/2012 by Wiseman
#28 Posted: 01:22:36 20/03/2012
^I was defending him. alright? I was also curious. I was on his side the entire time.
---

Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#29 Posted: 01:23:33 20/03/2012
I was aiming that at PlayableMoogle or w/e his name is, sorry for the confusion.
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:52 20/03/2012 by Wiseman
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#30 Posted: 01:24:44 20/03/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
^Everyone knows Gamemaster. You don't need to say "a guy named...". Besides, he wasn't like that because he wanted it first. He just thought the lady stole it from TRU or a factory and she needed to be punished, but then we found out she didn't. You people are so mean sometimes.

Yeah, it's all good. I always remember who talks yang about me. Thanks for defending me, as well as the other one here.

However, we still don't know what's going on with that lady in small town Colorado, who is a cook with no ties to Activision/TFB/game industry. I gave the info to TRU corporate, and if she did steal them, she will be dealt with. If not, I guess she won't. I personally still believe what I believe, but we won't talk about that, because it never goes anywhere good.

As for DP. I hope it does come out this week. It would be awesome to have 5 of each by next Monday. I recon everyone will get more lucky than I get.

A part of me says I hope I don't get lucky, so my conscience can fade, because it never does me any good to have one. A part of me also says I hope I can find them, so others around me get lucky, or those who helped me (if that ever happens).

Just not gonna talk much about it. I will let fate decide my future decisions/actions, based on the events of this week.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:26:08 20/03/2012 by GameMaster78
#31 Posted: 01:27:47 20/03/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598

Bah, it's not just that thread. It's the ones where a supposedly-full-grown adult cries about so-called "scalpers" while hoarding five of each figure for their own, then cries about their "misfortune" and "bad luck" because all of the people in the world are evil except for them. A lot of craziness.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#32 Posted: 01:32:34 20/03/2012
It's called venting frustration. Try helping people here as much as I have, only to see people here luck out by finding them, or people who write for game websites play with them for free, while many parents can't even find them, and disregard those who may have contributed help, by helping those who have contributed.

It's people like you, Moogle, who want to give me a hard time when all I've done is try and help or show a strong sense of justice, that wants me to say **** it all. Every man for themselves.

If that's how you get your rocks off, buddy, then have fun. Whatever helps you sleep better.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:35:26 20/03/2012 by GameMaster78
#33 Posted: 01:33:58 20/03/2012
Quote: Wiseman

First of all, GameMaster wasnt talking about hundreds, he (including myself) were just puzzled how someone got a sunburn to throw on a cake.... whats up with joining a forum n then call people out who have been on this forum for a while? (And then twist everything he said)

As i mentioned below, I'm referencing a variety of posts from GameMaster. I understand that it may come across as brash to call out an apparently-long-standing member, but quite frankly I've been rather disgusted with some of the behavior I've seen around here in the few days I've been here. I have very-much considered the possible reprecussions of doing this, but decided I'm willing to take the risk.

FWIW, I don't think I have twisted what he said. Between the "Sunburn" thread, the "Online Availability" thread, the "Toys 'R Us" thread, and a few others, I'm staying true to the plenty I've read.
Aqua Green Sparx Gems: 439
#34 Posted: 01:34:59 20/03/2012
Sunday is the strangest day. Huh. Oh well, good thing my fam goes to the early service! Still checking TRU on the 21st, though... just in case.
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#35 Posted: 01:49:04 20/03/2012
Ok seriously moogle, just leave GM alone ok. Jeez some of the older people on here are being immature here.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:52:22 20/03/2012 by Rand O M
#36 Posted: 01:50:13 20/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
It's called venting frustration. Try helping people here as much as I have, only to see people here luck out by finding them, or people who write for game websites play with them for free, while many parents can't even find them, and disregard those who may have contributed help, by helping those who have contributed.

It's people like you, Moogle, who want to give me a hard time when all I've done is try and help or show a strong sense of justice, that wants me to say **** it all. Every man for themselves.

If that's how you get your rocks off, buddy, then have fun. Whatever helps you sleep better.

Whatever you say, GM. I read about how you have five of each figure for your single family, and two of the sparkly Cynders, and then read you cry that you have such awful luck. I read you greedily clamoring for a near-half-dozen of each figure for your household, and then see you having the gall to complain that your life, with your ridiculously-silly first-world problems, is horrible.

For the record, for someone who supposedly wants to "help" people, you sure do assume the worst in many (everyone who works in retail, for instance) of them. And your actions like complaining when people offer up links (so that fellow forumites can find Skylanders) because you're so paranoid that the entire world is evil also betray your claims.
#37 Posted: 01:52:28 20/03/2012
And, fine. I'm done. I just needed to get this off my chest.

I'm sorry that I ruined this thread - I'm aware that this fracas is my own fault, and I apologize to everyone. Especially Eerie, who was awesome enough to post this to help people out.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#38 Posted: 01:55:41 20/03/2012
I believe I posted in another thread my thoughts...but I can't seem to locate my post.

Anyways, it seems really unlikely for them to get something in on Sunday. Most of the time, we've seen people reporting that TRU is getting shipments in on Tuesdays and Thursdays (I'd assume that even though that event is going on Wednesday, they'll be coming in on the stores common Tuesday shipment, if they're not already there)

That leaves us with just a few more dates, the 22nd, the 27th and the 29th. Seems to me that if they're going to have a month's release, they should have done it at the beginning of the month, but this way, TRU gets it for the end of March (the month DP was supposed to come to TRU) and also take up all of April. Coincidentally, April happens to be when Easter occurs, so TRU will have it at that time. (I guess they're expecting parents to buy them for their kids for their Easter baskets)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#39 Posted: 01:59:16 20/03/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
I believe I posted in another thread my thoughts...but I can't seem to locate my post.

Anyways, it seems really unlikely for them to get something in on Sunday. Most of the time, we've seen people reporting that TRU is getting shipments in on Tuesdays and Thursdays (I'd assume that even though that event is going on Wednesday, they'll be coming in on the stores common Tuesday shipment, if they're not already there)

That leaves us with just a few more dates, the 22nd, the 27th and the 29th. Seems to me that if they're going to have a month's release, they should have done it at the beginning of the month, but this way, TRU gets it for the end of March (the month DP was supposed to come to TRU) and also take up all of April. Coincidentally, April happens to be when Easter occurs, so TRU will have it at that time. (I guess they're expecting parents to buy them for their kids for their Easter baskets)

I've actually heard several people report that figures showed up at TRU on Sunday. It seems like a very peculiar date for these to arrive, but it doesn't seem like it's out of the realm of possibility.
slpfw0802 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#40 Posted: 02:29:19 20/03/2012
Yeah my TRU gets half of the skylanders on wednesday and half on sunday. thats the way it has always been. so it makes sense for my TRU.
---
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Awesome profile pic by nintendofan92
Aaryana Green Sparx Gems: 311
#41 Posted: 03:16:26 20/03/2012
Quote: slpfw0802
Yeah my TRU gets half of the skylanders on wednesday and half on sunday. thats the way it has always been. so it makes sense for my TRU.

Same at mine, actually I got L-TH on a Sunday. He was not there at 7 pm the night before. I just happened to need to return a defective product, checked, and saw about 40 of him. Got one for me and one for a friend's son.
---
New to the Skylands!
Themrmusicman14 Blue Sparx Gems: 939
#42 Posted: 03:27:32 20/03/2012
my k mart gets skylanders in on saturday and last time when i got wave 3 it was 5 days before the release date on eb games website and its weird because its 5 days before the 29th on saturday so australia might get them on saturday :-) :-) :-)
---
Champions: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#43 Posted: 10:30:52 20/03/2012
My "heathen children" comment got deleted? This forum is too funny.
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#44 Posted: 10:57:38 20/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

Whatever you say, GM. I read about how you have five of each figure for your single family, and two of the sparkly Cynders, and then read you cry that you have such awful luck. I read you greedily clamoring for a near-half-dozen of each figure for your household, and then see you having the gall to complain that your life, with your ridiculously-silly first-world problems, is horrible.

For the record, for someone who supposedly wants to "help" people, you sure do assume the worst in many (everyone who works in retail, for instance) of them. And your actions like complaining when people offer up links (so that fellow forumites can find Skylanders) because you're so paranoid that the entire world is evil also betray your claims.

I have to agree here.
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#45 Posted: 11:47:09 20/03/2012
I have to agree with GM. Ivtoo have gicen away free skylanders to people on this board bc I thought we were all in this together. Not once has anyone offered to help me so Im done doing that. Scalpers use this forum to find produxt and set a price. Funny how everytime some news is posted on here scalpers put the exact picture and info on ebay. Apparently thats all that is left here. Besides kids who arent old enough to drive and get figures or ship anything without permission. Its frustrating when u do the right thing but are surrounded by others that just want to use u instead of help you. I agree its frustrating to hear about someone needing 5 packs when most of us will be lucky to get onebut there is nothing we can do except be happy he doesnt live where uu do
xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#46 Posted: 14:08:28 20/03/2012
To defend GM, he's passionate about things being fair for all. He has offered up a special edition Cynder as compensation...PLUS the cost to have them sent to him and the cost of the figures. He's just saying, he has had bad luck, and he's fortunate enough to have the money to pay someone that can help him out. When he does find them, he buys extras and will trade or sell them at cost to individuals who need them. If you contribute to the boards, and make yourself known, he helps.

I could easily be a scalper. I've figured out the system, I have made many new contacts at stores who have given me a plethora of information and I have a disposable income. I've made a profit selling my doubles and extras out of 3 packs as well as lucking out a few times. I walked into TRU on Saturday morning. I could have plunked down 500 bucks and bought all of them and turned it into about 1000 bucks in a week. But I didn't. But I bet someone did. And that person isn't GM. I think it's great when TRU puts them out at unexpected times or announces events to curb the scalpers a bit and giving us normals a fair shot. So yeah, it may seem bad that GM wants 7 of each. But he's willing to at least not go resell them for a profit. He's giving them to his kid. GM...do us a favor and show everyone your collection of them so these people will understand you're a completionist.

To the rest of you. GM and I have brought a good hearted vocalization of the Skylanders community. We have attempted to get people their Skylanders. I will post whenever I see them available. So does GM. You all can do the same. We may be giving intel to the scalpers, but I've helped countless others get theirs too. Scalping is part of business. If we didn't say anything...I bet half of the forum members wouldn't have all the Skylanders they have. So don't look a gift horse in the mouth and realize we are doing a service to you all for free.
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#47 Posted: 15:20:57 20/03/2012

Nope. It's still there. Lol

On topic, I'm thinking that we should all be seeing Dragon's Peak by the end of the week (like Friday). Ideally, it'd be nice to see them tomorrow because if they come in on the weekend, there's going to be a lot more competition to get any of Wave 4.
---
#48 Posted: 15:33:54 20/03/2012
Quote: Madel

On topic, I'm thinking that we should all be seeing Dragon's Peak by the end of the week (like Friday). Ideally, it'd be nice to see them tomorrow because if they come in on the weekend, there's going to be a lot more competition to get any of Wave 4.

That's weird. I swear all references to it were gone this morning around 5:30am CST. I went through the entire thread. Maybe Dark had to look up the word "heathen" in the dictionary. smilie
---
ramster1221 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1957
#49 Posted: 15:41:01 20/03/2012
Quote: Hexerella
Your NOT the only one who thinks GM is four shades of DOUCHE...just read ANY of his whiny posts! Greedy Douche-Bag or Scalper...to many, they aren't much different!...Just sayin...

OMG cut it out and quite your complaining. Nobody's listening. Also if he was a scalper would he really have a collection?????
#50 Posted: 16:05:08 20/03/2012
Quote: Madel

That's weird. I swear all references to it were gone this morning around 5:30am CST. I went through the entire thread. Maybe Dark had to look up the word "heathen" in the dictionary. smilie

Hahaha. xD
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me