Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 12 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25
March 21st Toys R Us [CLOSED]
Madel Blue Sparx Gems: 584
#551 Posted: 18:59:43 19/03/2012
Looks like I'm going to be at TRU at least an hour before they open. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
---
That's why all the Gryffindors sing: Weasley is our king.
dragon_fang21 Green Sparx Gems: 363
#552 Posted: 19:03:30 19/03/2012
I just know il be driving an hour to the nearest toys r us store. Hope my alarm clock actually works for once lol.

Yeah i guess my walmart just sucks.
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#553 Posted: 19:07:12 19/03/2012
To Dragon Fang

Get the store number for this Wal-mart and call the 1-800-walmart customer service line. I contacted a Wal-mart store manager friend about this. He stated with complete certainty there was a 4-12 foot modular plan for skylanders currently active for every wal-mart and Sam's Club in America. His biggest concern was that the Skylanders display itself is gone. This is a required fixture and not optional. It appears to be an integrity issue of an associate taking the display for their own collection or possible resale value. It appears a clever associate just plugged the location with seemingly random items to mask that something was missing.

Those wipes found in the picture were sent in droves to every Wal-mart with a store run vision center. They are very plentiful and are not disappearing very fast. They might be cross referenced over in the photo section but no manager in their right mind would place them in a key spot with the video games. Wal-mart department managers are very territorial with their space it is also unlikely someone would purposefully merchandize nerf guns over here. There is something wrong, notify corporate.

If nothing else the resultant letter to the president from the chain will cause either the old display or a new one to appear.
Zaptastic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#554 Posted: 19:15:08 19/03/2012
Zook and Lightning Rod will probably be out on the 21st; someone on ebay already listed a Lightning Rod New in Hand.

See here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item27c4f3e8ff

So lucky! I just hope they come to Canada soon along with Sunburn and Dragon's Peak. Living in a big city makes it harder for me to get these guys smilie
#555 Posted: 19:17:15 19/03/2012
Quote: Zaptastic
Zook and Lightning Rod will probably be out on the 21st; someone on ebay already listed a Lightning Rod New in Hand.

The fact that someone already has one makes me anxious. It took forever for me to get L-TH. I don't want the same thing to happen with this Wave. I just want to buy the rest of the figures for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure and be done with it. No Giants for me.
---
Zaptastic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1465
#556 Posted: 19:20:39 19/03/2012
^ Same here. I had to get all of my Wave 3 guys online. I've only ever seen EOI and the Double Trouble 3 pack once when I was working on the weekend at Walmart and everyone was going through my register with them. Hopefully I can order this wave at retail price online like I could before.
#557 Posted: 19:26:44 19/03/2012
Whoa... Theres no way id buy a regular character for that price. especially when theres a good chance u can get one wednesday
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#558 Posted: 19:27:56 19/03/2012
The fact that he has one in hand makes me nervous. That might be a TRU employee sneaking them out on his break....:/
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#559 Posted: 19:28:43 19/03/2012
Like I said, I'm never the first to find these things. Scalpers seemingly always find them before people who have helped others. I guess it's the nature of this world. Take advantage of the world and others for your own gain, get further in life.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#560 Posted: 19:29:05 19/03/2012
Quote: MoonlitCynder
The fact that he has one in hand makes me nervous. That might be a TRU employee sneaking them out on his break....:/

Someone (GM seems to enjoy this) needs to check out the TRU's near Jefferson, LA and hunt this scalper down. There are two TRU stores within 7 miles of Jefferson.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:02 19/03/2012 by Himewad
MoonlitCynder Gold Sparx Gems: 2589
#561 Posted: 19:30:21 19/03/2012
Quote: Himewad

Someone (GM seems to enjoy this) needs to check out the TRU's near Jefferson, LA and hunt this scalper down.

That might not be a bad idea. But it would be a bit difficult being we can't get into the back to check the employees
---
37/37 + BsmilieTF+GITDsmilieRsmilieE3smilieFlockedsmilieGITDsmilieAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
48/48 + 6/6 Legendary+smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie+ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Flamethrower Green Sparx Gems: 469
#562 Posted: 19:31:14 19/03/2012

So lucky! I just hope they come to Canada soon along with Sunburn and Dragon's Peak. Living in a big city makes it harder for me to get these guys smilie

Notice how he wont ship untill thursday?
---
Ones we own |smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|
#563 Posted: 19:32:06 19/03/2012
Quote: Himewad

Someone (GM seems to enjoy this) needs to check out the TRU's near Jefferson, LA and hunt this scalper down.

That might not be a bad idea. But it would be a bit difficult being we can't get into the back to check the employees

It was kind of a joke, kind of not a joke. The logistics of hunting the person down could be difficult.
---
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#564 Posted: 19:33:17 19/03/2012
Quote: Flamethrower

Notice how he wont ship untill thursday?

This sounds very bogus. It could be a scalper trying to make a quick buck knowing that he will at least get 1 of it on wed and posting this listing to make it look like he has the item on hand.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#565 Posted: 19:34:21 19/03/2012
Flamethrower has a point. Its probably really just a preorder...
Ali1020 Blue Sparx Gems: 750
#566 Posted: 19:35:30 19/03/2012

Same seller has a Zook listed too. On my mobile app, or I would copy it for you.
#567 Posted: 19:37:26 19/03/2012
Quote: dragon_fang21
Flamethrower has a point. Its probably really just a preorder...

My guess it is a TRU employee.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#568 Posted: 19:38:51 19/03/2012
Zook by the same seller - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item27c4f4219d

So I guess this is a good sign that we'll be seeing Lightning Rod and Zook on Wednesday? It says the seller won't ship Zook 'til then either. It still bothers me he has those pictures though.
---
PlayableMoogle Gold Sparx Gems: 2446
#569 Posted: 19:40:06 19/03/2012
Show me a Dragon's peak from this guy, and I'll be super-excited.

Madel, this is one location. If you're at TRU early enough, you'll be fine.
#570 Posted: 19:41:40 19/03/2012
Quote: PlayableMoogle

I'm hoping so. I get really anxious with video games sometimes. It's like I never really "grew up." Lol

Nice avy, by the way. smilie And username. Moogles are so cool.
---
#571 Posted: 19:44:57 19/03/2012
NOPE! Not going to do any investigation. If TRU employees want to be shady, not my problem anymore.

I am letting fate decide what happens for me this week. While not just labeled to Skylanders, I feel I need to change myself in life., I simply try to care for too many things and people, while it always seems I am getting the finger by my fellow humans or fate.

I listed what's at stake should I not get these figures from my local stores or if people decide not to help.

My son and daughter will still have to earn the new characters, where they would have gotten them the same day I did, since I was lucky. My son's friends wont get 2 free adventure packs, or a copy of Xenoblade. I will sit on these extra Skylanders I bought, out of spite or take them back to the store where someone else could either get lucky or unlucky like me, and I will never help another living soul again.

Like I said, I've been stressing myself too much over always caring about others more than myself. Helping others when I can't even help myself. Helping others when no one returns the favor. Skylanders is just adding to the list of problems I already have in life. It's showing me that people would rather not let others have these, so they can make an extra nickel.

As of right now, I am letting fate decide my path. Scalpers/shady employees already got lucky whereas we/I don't. If life wants to roll over us nice people, well... let's just see what happens this week.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:45:15 19/03/2012 by GameMaster78
#572 Posted: 19:46:01 19/03/2012
amazes me what people will do for money.
I bought a 3 pack at one point to get eruptor. i left chop chop and bash in the box n will probably end up just giving em away.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:48:12 19/03/2012 by dragon_fang21
#573 Posted: 19:46:20 19/03/2012
Quote: Madel

I'm hoping so. I get really anxious with video games sometimes. It's like I never really "grew up." Lol

I totally understand. I'm driving my wife nuts going on about Dragon's Peak and hoping for that. It's just too enjoyable to be a kid!

And thanks! Mog from FF VI was always my favorite, and I always lament the fact that they haven't had a playable moogle character in any of the main FF games since (Cait Sith is a freaking cat! And his "moogle" is an abomination!). It's the REAL reason FF has fallen so far from grace. smilie
ItsJustMe Yellow Sparx Gems: 1273
#574 Posted: 19:50:45 19/03/2012
The pictures do not appear to be any stock footage I have seen. Both are generic well cropped and sitting on boxes against a white wall. My guess is the seller has these stashed in a back room and will buy them during or after the sale so that they cannot be detected. At least this seems to indicate that there will be Zook and L-Rod's on 3/21. I only wish we had more tthan a hunch these were from Toys R Us but my magic eight ball says all signs point to yes. So as long as fraudulant employees don't e-bay them all they will be present in some quantity on the 21st.
#575 Posted: 19:50:53 19/03/2012

I totally understand. I'm driving my wife nuts going on about Dragon's Peak and hoping for that. It's just too enjoyable to be a kid!

And thanks! Mog from FF VI was always my favorite, and I always lament the fact that they haven't had a playable moogle character in any of the main FF games since (Cait Sith is a freaking cat! And his "moogle" is an abomination!). It's the REAL reason FF has fallen so far from grace. smilie

It really is too enjoyable! I remember going crazy trying to find a Whirlwind! I wanted her so bad. Thank goodness she was re-released. smilie

And I have to agree that it's a shame moogles aren't playable. They're too awesome.
---
Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#576 Posted: 19:51:52 19/03/2012
Wow, I live in New Orleans, and Jefferson is like a suburb of New Orleans. I can tell you that the TRU didnt jump the gun on this, because I was there yesterday and they had nothing out on display except the sign about the 21st thing..

What is weird is, nobody calls where they live jefferson.... its a parish... most people would put the city they live in. In fact, I have never heard of anyone say they live in Jefferson, LA. Jefferson parish has several cities/areas/zip codes that you would use... My guess is, he is trying to be hard to track...
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
#577 Posted: 19:54:11 19/03/2012
So, someone could call corporate and say they think a TRU employee is the one selling it. TRU will then contact Ebay and ask them for the identity of the seller, so they can verify he is an employee. Then he would be fired on the spot. I am tempted.
---
#578 Posted: 20:00:53 19/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
So, someone could call corporate and say they think a TRU employee is the one selling it. TRU will then contact Ebay and ask them for the identity of the seller, so they can verify he is an employee. Then he would be fired on the spot. I am tempted.

I won't lie - I am, too.
---
#579 Posted: 20:03:52 19/03/2012

It really is too enjoyable! I remember going crazy trying to find a Whirlwind! I wanted her so bad. Thank goodness she was re-released. smilie

And I have to agree that it's a shame moogles aren't playable. They're too awesome.

Ah yeah - Whirlwind is great. Fortunately, I had purchased several from Target (one for my son, one for my wife) before Christmas, so I was all set. The one I had to hunt for the most has been Cynder for obvious reasons, but I managed to land her with a lot of persistence.

I actually kind of enjoy the hunt. smilie
#580 Posted: 20:05:37 19/03/2012
While I want to, I won't. Aparently I am probably meant to change my ways in life. Tired of always being that nice person who always finishes last. Not only in Skylanders, but in other things in life as well.

If I don't have myself a Zook, L. Rod and Ignitor this week the oppurtunity, that's fates way of telling me I'm confirmed not lucky, which translates to a lot of other things. Cause and effect.

I'm not paying scalper prices for anything anymore. If I can't get as lucky as shady employees and scalpers in the case of Skylanders, then I don't know. Just gonna see how this week plays out.
---
#581 Posted: 20:06:44 19/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist a good witch hunt. Nudge, nudge.
---
#582 Posted: 20:10:46 19/03/2012
Bahahaha this is too amusing. Lets just send the feds after the guy smilie
Sage103082 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#583 Posted: 20:12:12 19/03/2012
I am not sure where he purchased it but someone on ebay has zook and lightning rod in hand. Located in LA..

I hope they hit all the stores on the 21.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#584 Posted: 20:12:28 19/03/2012
So you finally realize paying for scalper price only encourages them?
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#585 Posted: 20:13:24 19/03/2012
Quote: Sage103082
I am not sure where he purchased it but someone on ebay has zook and lightning rod in hand. Located in LA..

I hope they hit all the stores on the 21.

We're discussing that right now. smilie
---
Sage103082 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#586 Posted: 20:14:00 19/03/2012
lol sorry I must not have read far enough back =)
#587 Posted: 20:16:06 19/03/2012
Quote: Sage103082
lol sorry I must not have read far enough back =)

It's all good. smilie I do the same thing. Lol
---
#588 Posted: 20:19:52 19/03/2012
Its sad but there will always be scalpers if the product is high enough in demand. Lamesauce.
UGH isnt it Wednesday yet?????
#589 Posted: 20:34:41 19/03/2012
Did anyone else bother to check with their local walmart or target? I had a hunch that these stores might get it first.
---
#590 Posted: 20:46:58 19/03/2012
called target..on hold..rep says new merchandise arrived..waiting to check what it is.
---
#591 Posted: 20:49:19 19/03/2012
I checked my stores but no shipments
#592 Posted: 20:50:06 19/03/2012
Quote: SkyDaddy
called target..on hold..rep says new merchandise arrived..waiting to check what it is.

Fingers crossed. Whereabouts do you live, SkyDaddy?
---
#593 Posted: 20:50:50 19/03/2012
Nah, not doing it. Not gonna stress myself out over it. Fate will decide a lot of things this week.
---
#594 Posted: 20:52:01 19/03/2012
OK guys Im heading there because the guy forgot about me smilie I also need to get some lunch! I'll post my findings as as I get there.
---
#595 Posted: 20:54:13 19/03/2012
Quote: SkyDaddy
OK guys Im heading there because the guy forgot about me smilie I also need to get some lunch! I'll post my findings as as I get there.

Good luck!
---
#596 Posted: 20:54:41 19/03/2012
Did any of you guys get the metallic cynder or pearl hex? Guy on ebay sellin em both for over 2000 bucks. ya gotta be rich to get these skylanders lol
OH and i had another question as well. If i found a skylander that was broken or missing a piece in a single pack, should i have bought it?
The last time i saw skylanders at walmart, they had a voodood that was in 2 pieces. his upper torso was off of his legs just floppin around in the pack.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:59:17 19/03/2012 by dragon_fang21
#597 Posted: 21:02:51 19/03/2012
I have 2 metallic Cynders. 1 is for me. The other is a free gift to whoever gets me 5 Zook, 5 Lightning Rod, 5 Dragons Peak, and 1 Ignitor. That's on top of paying for the figures.

Otherwise, if I find them Wednesday, I am giving it to my daughter. So, if fate swings in my favor, it will swing in hers too.
---
Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#598 Posted: 21:03:30 19/03/2012
My Walmart today had nothing... I dont even bother with Target anymore... they havent had anything in 2 months.

The funny thing about the ebay poster... both of the TRU in New Orleans are in two different cities, but in the same parish. One is in Metairie and the other in Marrero.... They are both in Jefferson Parish, which is where he is claiming he is from... so he could work at either store. I was at the Marrero one yesterday and they had nothing out but the sign saying come back on the 21st. What I dont like is, how many of these does he have to sell... I will let you know on the 21st how many the TRU in Marrero has of the new guys... of course he could be from the Metairie one....

Its a good bet he is an employee, I dont know who would risk putting something up on ebay before they had merchandise in hand... but you never know...
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#599 Posted: 21:08:32 19/03/2012
And Ignitor?
When did you add him to the pot?

-M
dman08 Blue Sparx Gems: 569
#600 Posted: 21:11:25 19/03/2012
Just bought Blue Bash at TRU in Calgary, Alberta CANADA. This is the scoop I got from the lady... She said Wednesday is the day for singles and triples. They have been holding them back and she said Dragon's Peak will be Friday as that is when our new TRU flyer comes out and there must be something in the flyer. In summary, I will be at TRU when they open on Wednesday and Friday!! It was still a good day for Blue Bash!! smilie
First | Previous | Page 12 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me