Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 23 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
March 21st Toys R Us [CLOSED]
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1101 Posted: 21:18:44 21/03/2012
smilie I figured the dps would be in abundance in some form.
Cool, I get to go shopping Sunday.
-M
neomas77 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#1102 Posted: 21:26:17 21/03/2012
smilie
I have no idea what part of the country you live to have been able to score such a load.
My area adopted the limit 2 per same item.

However, with the dps,
Did that TRU end up pulling them like everywhere else is doing?

-M
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#1103 Posted: 21:36:26 21/03/2012
damn, all these shortages...
i'm reminded of the movie Contagion

so when's the lottery?
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#1104 Posted: 21:49:29 21/03/2012
If you mean me, Neo, yeah. Everyone who had them inhand were able to buy them, because they had checked someone out before they got the memo. They weren't about to let someone walk out with one, while telling others they can't. So the supervisor ran over to what was left and snatched them all up, so no one else could grab them, while letting those holding them go ahead and buy them.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#1105 Posted: 22:07:22 21/03/2012
hattiesburg, MS
nobody in line, they still have a good bit of stock left but i believe the wave 5 stuff sold out about an hour ago.

our local TRU doesn't see much business, unfortunately. i hope they don't close smilie
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#1106 Posted: 22:15:13 21/03/2012
Quote: Zing
Isn't it a little odd that you personally bought 3 of each figure for yourself, and none for your kids?

Thats what stood out to me, too. GM sure did get feisty with his pre-March 21st "I'm so unlucky" ranting. But he played the system, getting gobs of figures (7 Dragons Peak? Really?), and apparently most are for him and his man-cave.

He's a weird duck. And apparently, willing to help again now that he's got his wave 4 fix. smilie
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Legen-Dairy Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#1107 Posted: 22:23:08 21/03/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
I will keep an eye out for you as well, Exo.

Same store here. I got there at around 9:05 this morning.
Legen-Dairy Blue Sparx Gems: 626
#1108 Posted: 22:24:12 21/03/2012
Quote: Alone0129
Quote: skylanderdad
I was just wondering about everyone's event today : when the store
Opened how many people were in line and when did the first person arrive ?

I'm in Newport news Virginia... I arrived at 8:45 and 7 people were in front of me.. First 2 got there at 7:30 and by the time they opened there were 60 people in line

Wow, I must have saw you there. I went to the same store. I got there around 9am. There were about 20 people in line by then.

Sorry, this is the store I was at. I even called my gf to come up to the store when I found out that there were tickets.
dantilly Blue Sparx Gems: 778
#1109 Posted: 22:44:46 21/03/2012
Manassas, Virginia...

One item per person. My girlfriend went for me (I had a doctor's appointment) and was able to buy me Lightning Rod and Zook (they let her get back in line..only like 12 people there)...no Dragon's Peak and no Blue Bash.

They confirmed those would be out on March 25th and April 1st.
---
Wreck-N-Roll!!
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#1110 Posted: 23:00:12 21/03/2012
Quote: ViDeOmAnCiNi

Dragon's Peak will be sold this Sunday, probably the same way with tickets as there might be more people since it's a weekend. Also, TRU drone told me that he is pretty sure that DP will be in the Sunday flyer for $19.99 (or all 3-packs/adv packs will be $19.99 and it will be included).

-VM

Eugh, I don't like them odds... Dare I show up at 9:15? That's the earliest I'm going. Camo, come out soon; I'm about tired of this.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:00:43 21/03/2012 by PinkWater
Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#1111 Posted: 23:09:28 21/03/2012
Mine was horrible... got there about 1200. The store didnt have anything new... They never got there shipment of new zooks or lightning rods. They clerk told me that for there special they were giving tickets for one skylander each which were behind the counter in a basket. You could pick one of drill sarge, hex or chop chop. That was it. On the display they had about 30 LTH, about 5 bash, and one sonic boom. I got the sonic boom (which I needed so was happy about that). I told the clerk I would be back with my son after school. He gave me two tickets for the three they had. One for me and one for my son. I needed chop chop and hex anyway... so I came back at 300 and they only had LTH on the wall and still the basket full of there "specials" for the promotion. I got Hex and Chop Chop, although he made me check out one at a time... just dumb. He told me that they had DP in and that they could not sell till the 25th. I told them that other TRU around the country were selling and he said they will be fined by Activision... yeah right. When asked about zook and LR, he said that there shipment that was suppose to have them went to the Slidell city TRU and they would not send it back to them. Slidell is about an hour away.

To make this story worse my friend went to the other TRU in our city and they also had nothing new.... and to top that, these were the two TRU in Jefferson, LA, the place where that first person on Ebay had zook and LR for sale two days ago... Surprise surprise that the two TRU in Jefferson Parish had no new skylanders... yet someone on ebay had them for sale early... I wonder how that happened...
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
Alone0129 Green Sparx Gems: 121
#1112 Posted: 23:10:39 21/03/2012
Quote: Legen-Dairy
Quote: Alone0129
Quote: skylanderdad
I was just wondering about everyone's event today : when the store
Opened how many people were in line and when did the first person arrive ?

I'm in Newport news Virginia... I arrived at 8:45 and 7 people were in front of me.. First 2 got there at 7:30 and by the time they opened there were 60 people in line

Wow, I must have saw you there. I went to the same store. I got there around 9am. There were about 20 people in line by then.

Sorry, this is the store I was at. I even called my gf to come up to the store when I found out that there were tickets.

What a small world. 3 of us went to the same store in Newport News. We should start a support group after the let down today.
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#1113 Posted: 23:13:00 21/03/2012
Awful. I got there at 9:23 (they opened at 9:30) and 20 ppl were in front. No lines, no respect, nothing. When they got to the section, it was disgusting.
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Vortimous Blue Sparx Gems: 561
#1114 Posted: 23:22:18 21/03/2012
Quote: Zaptastic
Zook and Lightning Rod will probably be out on the 21st; someone on ebay already listed a Lightning Rod New in Hand.

See here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...=item27c4f3e8ff

So lucky! I just hope they come to Canada soon along with Sunburn and Dragon's Peak. Living in a big city makes it harder for me to get these guys smilie

What pisses me off now about this is, the two TRU in Jefferson LA had NOTHING today... no new characters at all. It makes me wonder if a TRU employee took them all to sell on ebay... There are only two TRU in Jefferson and both didnt have any new stock of zook or LR, its not that they sold it, they didnt have any at all today.. yet here is someone two days before the event posting both online for sale from Jefferson, LA... makes me mad and pissed....
---
Vortimous
"Winning isnt everything, but losing is NOTHING!!!"
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#1115 Posted: 23:31:35 21/03/2012
NOTHING IN MY TRU!!!!! They said no new ones until Sunday. I'm happy that at least good people from here got some and not scalpers.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

xerokills Yellow Sparx Gems: 1181
#1116 Posted: 23:41:15 21/03/2012
So, I went back to TRU this afternoon. Lots of singles of Stealth Elf, Drobot, Bash and a few others left. But as I am chit chatting with this little kid and his mom about the release today, the employee that I said is a scalper (he knows who he is, and he probably frequents this board) walked out from the back with a bag of figures in his hand. And I said to him, "Oh, I wonder what's in THAT bag. And smugly he pulls out Ignitor, Zook and Lightning Rod, 5 total, so I am guessing he had 2 of each Zook and LR. And I said, "how did you get them? You were working today"...and he said, "I said, oh I waited and got them after everyone was done shopping." There is no friggin way 25-30 people walked into that store and didn't buy out those figures. It was clear he had held them for himself. And he again bragged, "ohhhh....I have em all to this little boy who had to settle for a new Bash...but I tipped em off to the new sale on Sunday for Dragon's Peak, got his mother's number and will pick up a copy of DP for him on Sunday as they have to go to church.

I'm very disappointed in that TRU employee. It was clear he knows what he is doing is wrong and I am very tempted to report him when he flaunts the evidence in our faces. The other sales clerk said, "I guess that's the perk of working at TRU" and rolled his eyes. Yeahhh...sad.

So I did confirm they have a lot. They are going to possibly have Legendary Trigger happy, but didn't know anything about the 3 pack with Cynder, Zook and Lightning Rod unless that will come on Friday. They don't expect more of the new figures, but have a lot of cases with Pirate Seas, Darklight Crypt and Empire of Ice, if you're still looking for those. So that's what to expect on Sunday. They had also apparently discussed 1 per person or 5 and knew there would be problems with 1 per. I think they went with 5 to avoid a giant hassle. And I feel it was fair to most that got there at store opening. I do feel for those that work, but that's why there is a secondary market...and sadly, supply and demand rules the world.

Just remember, we'll all get our figures and someday Zook and Lightning Rod will be just like every other character. Though Zook is officially my new favorite (looks wise)

smilie
---
"I'm disgusted, and repulsed, and...I can't look away..."
#1117 Posted: 23:45:24 21/03/2012
Oh come on...it was fun today. I went back, and well...read the other forum post to see what I discovered. Long and short...internal scalper..though limited...and found what they will have Sunday...these two posts should be merged I tell ya...I have to jump back and forth a lot. Now to go try Zook out! smilie I dare not take him out of his pretty package just yet...
---
#1118 Posted: 23:45:24 21/03/2012
Dude, call corporate on him. Seriously. You have the proof.

Man I really want an Ignitor single pack.

Zook better be your favorite. He looks like Mustafa from Austin Powers, fez and all.
---
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#1119 Posted: 23:49:17 21/03/2012
Yeah this ignitor pack is really sick. I wasnt expecting my store to have one. Im not opening this ignitor pack.....ever.lol
#1120 Posted: 23:51:36 21/03/2012
Lol....way to rub it in Drill...lol...I saw a ton of em...
---
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#1121 Posted: 23:56:24 21/03/2012
Fun?!?! Today wasn't fun at all in my opinion. I was hoping to get Zook & L-Rod and they didn't have either of them. If anything today was a waste of time, disappointing, a failure and a disaster.
#1122 Posted: 23:56:32 21/03/2012
smilie Wish someone would help me get one.
---
wem Red Sparx Gems: 72
#1123 Posted: 00:03:10 22/03/2012
Don't know if anyone checked in from south eastern mass, but we went to TRU at 4:00pm and there was no one there. They had plenty of figures sitting on several tables and shelves, which all looked pretty full.

Lots of Legendary Trigger Happy (we bought 3), Chop Chop, Bash, Hex, Drill Sergeant and a couple other older ones. No adventure packs or triple character packs though. I can't help but wonder if we missed all the key figures, but we wer happy to find 3 we still needed.

Also, thank you for the tip about the Dragon's Peak set releasing Sunday. We will be sure to go back to get that one! Wonder if they will have some wave 4 figures at that time too...
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#1124 Posted: 00:12:18 22/03/2012
Nothing here...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#1125 Posted: 00:13:45 22/03/2012
Quote: xerokills
GM, I will check for ignitors, but I am pretty sure after I left, the scalpers hung around and cleaned out the rest of what was left that had rarity...so...yeah...I didn't have the time to sit and go for a second go round for more.

I arrived at 9:10. I was first in line, but there were 3-4 moms in their cars staying warm. I would say when I got in they had 50 or so of the Zook, Ignitor, Lightning Rods. The line had 20-25 people in it by store opening and they didn't do tickets, they just didn't allow more than 5 at a time, and I was told I couldn't go back in for a half hour, that they wouldn't ring me up until everyone had gotten their 5. I wasn't gonna be a jerk about it, so I called it good.

That was my experience. My store seems to have a good rep for getting them it seems. I've seen the legendary TH multiple times there. Also, they didn't even have the DP out. And no Triple Packs of the new ones. I would assume those will surface on Sunday. Here's hoping to get that and DP to complete my collection!

Good Luck and glad to help!

This angers me greatly and makes me want to call up TRU to complain. That huge amount of new figures in your store yet others like me had nothing new at all. How is that even possible?
#1126 Posted: 00:14:48 22/03/2012
Quote: ToxicFate
Fun?!?! Today wasn't fun at all in my opinion. I was hoping to get Zook & L-Rod and they didn't have either of them. If anything today was a waste of time, disappointing, a failure and a disaster.

Exactly how I feel. smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#1127 Posted: 00:15:24 22/03/2012
Quote: ToxicFate
Quote: xerokills
GM, I will check for ignitors, but I am pretty sure after I left, the scalpers hung around and cleaned out the rest of what was left that had rarity...so...yeah...I didn't have the time to sit and go for a second go round for more.

I arrived at 9:10. I was first in line, but there were 3-4 moms in their cars staying warm. I would say when I got in they had 50 or so of the Zook, Ignitor, Lightning Rods. The line had 20-25 people in it by store opening and they didn't do tickets, they just didn't allow more than 5 at a time, and I was told I couldn't go back in for a half hour, that they wouldn't ring me up until everyone had gotten their 5. I wasn't gonna be a jerk about it, so I called it good.

That was my experience. My store seems to have a good rep for getting them it seems. I've seen the legendary TH multiple times there. Also, they didn't even have the DP out. And no Triple Packs of the new ones. I would assume those will surface on Sunday. Here's hoping to get that and DP to complete my collection!

Good Luck and glad to help!

This angers me greatly and makes me want to call up TRU to complain. That huge amount of new figures in your store yet others like me had nothing new at all. How is that even possible?

I feel your pain. I couldn't find anything today either! How and why is that!?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
#1128 Posted: 00:17:15 22/03/2012
No line, went in they were barely unpacking them from the boxes, but no L. Rod or Zook.
---

Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1129 Posted: 00:18:58 22/03/2012
Nothing at Toys 'R' Us except the same... well, misguided package with non-needed characters in an odd assortment. Yeah, just what everyone was clamoring for, Activision--a new way to get Eruptor and Chop Chop! Thanks! Your finger is clearly right on the pulse of the Skylanders community, because man oh man, did I ever want another Eruptor this morning. Thank goodness we got out of bed and made our way over there at the crack of dawn today. They really might've run out of Eruptor, and I'm not sure when I could possibly arrange a simple trip to any Walmart in the city to find another. Glad we waited for an hour, too... some of those Chop Chop scalpers almost beat us to him, but we were there at the front of the line, so it was fortunately avoided. Way to go, Activision. You sure know how to make an event people won't be majorly disappointed in.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#1130 Posted: 00:19:48 22/03/2012
Hopefully they will have the wave 4 three packs this Sunday when Dragon's Peak FINALLY /rollseyes becomes available.
#1131 Posted: 00:19:48 22/03/2012
^This
---

#1132 Posted: 00:20:24 22/03/2012
^The employee did say they were getting new ones on Sunday.
---

Postalgoddess Yellow Sparx Gems: 1144
#1133 Posted: 00:23:25 22/03/2012
I got there 20 mins before they opened, 12th in line. They were a limit of one of each per customer. They had chop chop, drobot, whirlwind, stump smash, bash, sonic boom, drill sergeant, hex, and eruptor as single packs. They also had dragons peak out. Probably like 30 of them. As the first one went to the check out, dragons peak rang up as a "do not sell" item. They turned to the table and swiped them all back behind the counter. Lucky for me, they allowed anyone that had one already, to purchase it. Am I the only one on here that got dragons peak today?? I am lucky lucky lucky!!! smilie
---
37 of 37, AND...blue smilie, flocked smilie, WER smilie
#1134 Posted: 00:24:40 22/03/2012
^ Pics or it didn't happen.
---

jmrothermel Green Sparx Gems: 291
#1135 Posted: 00:28:27 22/03/2012
I hope that my TRU releases EoI on Sunday - though we have church so I can't be there until after smilie
whamshell8 Red Sparx Gems: 42
#1136 Posted: 00:32:30 22/03/2012
is there any coming march 22 i whent i only got ignator only one left. is zook out already i whent to toys r us answer back telll me
#1137 Posted: 00:34:14 22/03/2012
^No nothing is being released until the 25th and yes zook is out starting today.
---

#1138 Posted: 00:35:01 22/03/2012
teell me info about this
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#1139 Posted: 00:38:53 22/03/2012
Quote: whamshell8
teell me info about this

Some stores got in shipments of Zook and Lighting Rod, but others didn't. Actually from what it seems, a LOT didn't get them.
A few TRU also got Dragon's Peak in, but due to what I'm thinking is some form of miscommunication, they put them out only for unhappy customers to find they couldn't actually buy them until March 25th. However, a handful of stores missed the memo (or apparently didn't care) and sold a few.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#1140 Posted: 00:52:45 22/03/2012
Today I got DP and LegendaryTrigger Happy!!!! Did anyone see Stealth elf?
#1141 Posted: 01:02:00 22/03/2012
Thanks for telling me
#1142 Posted: 01:08:14 22/03/2012
My TRU still has about 20 stealth elfs, bash and drobot. I think a few others too..but none of the highly sought after ones.

And to those wondering about the Zook, Ignitor and Lightning Rods... I have a theory

They opened the boxes, stocked the shelf with the normal ones, and kept the others in back for release at their stores on Sunday, a weekend day that allows more people a shot at getting them. If your store didn't have any Zooks or LR, then you better have your butt there on Sunday. I assure you they will have them then...just a hunch. I am sorry to all the upset skylander fans that came up empty. You will have your day in the sun soon. Just go back this Sunday, get there early.

I wish you the best of luck. I am trying to decide if I go to the store i went to last time or the Lynnwood store. It would be nice to nab an ignitor, and a couple of the DP. We shall see.
---
#1143 Posted: 01:14:10 22/03/2012
When is zook shiped tell me and whamshell is cool
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#1144 Posted: 01:28:49 22/03/2012
Xero that makes sense because I gave a list to my grandma of which ones to get and she said only DP and L Trigger Happy were the only new ones.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#1145 Posted: 01:36:00 22/03/2012

Let me get this straight, you ran off with 7 Dragon's Peak's yet wonder why you didn't get a different one? Someone else did the same thing you did is all. Just different item.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
#1146 Posted: 01:41:33 22/03/2012
Well I will let you in on some info. This goes for everyone. The TRU event only had a 1 limit on Skylanders for single packs. Dragon's Peak was open season. You should have seen it. I saw it go from 54 DP's, to 3 in less than 3 minutes. It was like Black Friday.

I'm partly joking, however, when it comes to asking for help for an Ignitor. Sure, it would be nice, seeing as I've helped a ****load of people here. I won't put a gun to anyone's head and make them help me, though. If someone wants to help, cool. If not, what can I do?

Someone here was nice enough to help me get the new triple pack. Actually two of them. So my kids have 1 of 2 Zook and Lightning Rod, and I have one to hang on my wall.

That's what this should all be about. Helping each other. I have my eye on wave 4 characters for 1 friend locally and others here who didn't score any today.
---
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#1147 Posted: 01:41:40 22/03/2012
who in thy h@ll needs 7 dragons peaks? are you trying to build a mountain. cuz that would be awesome
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:38 22/03/2012 by gamecocksc17
Sharkz2001 Green Sparx Gems: 493
#1148 Posted: 01:47:34 22/03/2012

Funny you are asking for help.....As far as I'm concerned you are just like a scalper by the way you talk. You have quoted that you want 5 DP, 5 L- Rods, 5 Zooks, and Ignitor when you should know by the way other characters have been put in stores that they will be hard to come by. YET, you still post that crap on here and EXPECT and PLEAD and WILL REWARD anyone who helps you. Do me a favor and quitcher*****in
---
I'm back for Swap Force!
gamecocksc17 Blue Sparx Gems: 792
#1149 Posted: 01:52:44 22/03/2012
you can't really argue with Sharkz. GM is a pretty fortunate guy and has more skylanders than any 2 of us combined probably. be back in a while gotta go do some Tebowing.
---
Turrible, just turrible - Sir Charles Barkley
#1150 Posted: 01:54:25 22/03/2012
Yikes...A scalper is a guy who goes in with the sole intention to buy an entire box to resell it for profit.

Please learn the difference. GM hasn't sold anything for profit. All the figures he's bought are in his possession and he gives them to his kids. Very few have probably helped him enough to make a living scalping them. He just is an avid collector and completionist.

Yes, he's more fortunate than others, and yes, he whines...A LOT...but he's passionate about it, and we come to expect it. He isn't a scalper...for the love of God!
---
First | Previous | Page 23 of 25 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me