Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > How to know if your figure was well made.
Page 1 of 1
How to know if your figure was well made. [CLOSED]
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#1 Posted: 20:56:32 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator
You can know if your figure is well made if you shake it next to your ear. If it makes a rattle noise that means it isn't well made. If it doesn't make a noise it means it was well made as a skylander.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
domer Green Sparx Gems: 379
#2 Posted: 20:58:13 27/02/2012
But if it falls in a forest and no one is there to hear it... does it still rattle?

Domer
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#3 Posted: 20:59:32 27/02/2012
Quote: Rays
You can know if your figure is well made if you shake it next to your ear. If it makes a rattle noise that means it isn't well made. If it doesn't make a noise it means it was well made as a skylander.

Will they exchange the figure if it rattles? Or only if/when it stops working?
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
#4 Posted: 21:01:37 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Himewad

Will they exchange the figure if it rattles? Or only if/when it stops working?

Only when it stops working. Half of my skylanders make a rattle and those are the skylanders that sometimes stop working when I put them on the portal.
---
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#5 Posted: 23:30:59 27/02/2012
if it's a tough plastic rattle, like a hard piece of plastic is rolling around inside, not sure.

if it's a soft plastic rattle, like something semi-flexible is shifting around, that's actually the RFID tag.
search for my thread, i took apart a ghost swords item and the RFID tag inside is extremely thin and only held in place by pressure. it should still read just fine though, the bare tag still read on my portal perfectly
#6 Posted: 23:32:06 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Osbor
if it's a tough plastic rattle, like a hard piece of plastic is rolling around inside, not sure.

if it's a soft plastic rattle, like something semi-flexible is shifting around, that's actually the RFID tag.
search for my thread, i took apart a ghost swords item and the RFID tag inside is extremely thin and only held in place by pressure. it should still read just fine though, the bare tag still read on my portal perfectly

I know that. Thats why it is bad that it makes a rattle noise.
---
PortalMaster #517721
#7 Posted: 23:35:12 27/02/2012

how is it bad? the internal support structure is just some plastic, it does not contribute to reading in any way. if part of that snaps off it shouldn't cause any problems.

although now that i think about it, if a piece of plastic was striking the RFID tag's radio antenna lines hard enough, it might rub off a second, reducing the radio transmission range. but we're talking like, slicing it with a scalpel
Fireballz Green Sparx Gems: 298
#8 Posted: 23:38:26 27/02/2012
I have 16 skylanders and out of all of those Stealth Elf, Spyro, and L-Bash rattled. Stealth rattled. Spyro rattled and L-Bash didn't rattke a lot, but you can still hear it. smilie
---
Skylanders I currently own- (smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smiliesmiliesmilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)(smiliesmilie)(smilie)
#9 Posted: 23:38:31 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator

how is it bad? the internal support structure is just some plastic, it does not contribute to reading in any way. if part of that snaps off it shouldn't cause any problems.

although now that i think about it, if a piece of plastic was striking the RFID tag's radio antenna lines hard enough, it might rub off a second, reducing the radio transmission range. but we're talking like, slicing it with a scalpel

What if when you shake it the RFID tag gets stuck up top of the bottom half.
---
PortalMaster #517721
#10 Posted: 23:39:52 27/02/2012

doesn't really matter, based on my testing, the RFID tag has an active read range of about 3-4 inches above the portal. one quarter of an inch difference in height within the toy itself isn't going to cause problems.
#11 Posted: 23:41:33 27/02/2012 | Topic Creator

doesn't really matter, based on my testing, the RFID tag has an active read range of about 3-4 inches above the portal. one quarter of an inch difference in height within the toy itself isn't going to cause problems.

Wow. What does the tag look like?
---
PortalMaster #517721
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#12 Posted: 23:51:17 27/02/2012
My Wrecking ball rattles and hes fine
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
#13 Posted: 00:23:12 28/02/2012

Wow. What does the tag look like?

boop
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=48032
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#14 Posted: 03:31:30 28/02/2012
Outta my 20
Chop Chop, Drill seargent and Boomer ratteled. smilie
Jin Saotome Green Sparx Gems: 383
#15 Posted: 03:54:43 28/02/2012
Er.....sometimes not rattling is a bad thing. As many Skylanders as I've gone through some have had their RFID tags caught between connection posts and crimped. If the thin foil circuit is broken the chip stops working. I couldn't even solder it. But a loose rattling chip means they aren't caught or crimped in the connector pegs. So...eh....its kinda the opposite in this case.
Mr-McChicken22 Blue Sparx Gems: 629
#16 Posted: 03:58:33 28/02/2012
^ That sucks smilie
DO you just call activision and say "My Skylander Gill grunt is broken. Can i have a Replacment?" and then they send you one no questions asked.
Well excluding shipping info.
Jin Saotome Green Sparx Gems: 383
#17 Posted: 22:33:03 28/02/2012
Quote: Mr-McChicken22
^ That sucks smilie
DO you just call activision and say "My Skylander Gill grunt is broken. Can i have a Replacment?" and then they send you one no questions asked.
Well excluding shipping info.

Oh that's great customer service! Nice
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#18 Posted: 05:44:17 29/02/2012
I didn't realise that Skylanders could rattle! I've got four rattlers, myself - Ghost Roaster, Dino-Rang, Stealth Elf, and regular Spyro.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Dragon15010 Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#19 Posted: 02:35:10 01/03/2012
None of mine rattle. Why would it rattle in the first place?
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#20 Posted: 03:18:49 01/03/2012
My Trigger Happy, Dark Spyro, Stealth Elf, and Legendary Trigger Happy rattle.

They all work fine.
---
#all Spyros are valid
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#21 Posted: 08:17:16 01/03/2012
Quote: Dragon15010
None of mine rattle. Why would it rattle in the first place?

As has been said earlier in the topic, it's because the chip that the portal reads is loose inside the figure as opposed to being held down. According to Jin, who makes the excellent custom figures, this isn't too much of an issue.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
burner101 Red Sparx Gems: 53
#22 Posted: 16:53:18 16/04/2012
out of all my 30 skylanders, my: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie and smilie raddles. im getting smilie in the mail tomorow, so we will see if he raddles, i will post if he does or not.
Laurix Blue Sparx Gems: 643
#23 Posted: 21:00:53 16/04/2012
My Dino-Rang and Terrafin rattle =/
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie|smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:39:31 16/04/2012 by Laurix
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#24 Posted: 00:36:19 17/04/2012
that rattling noise is just the RFID chip rattling around. my empire of ice piece has that and you can see how the rfid chip isnt stuck down, and just floats, causing the rattle
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
#25 Posted: 00:33:26 19/04/2012
smilie does not raddle
#26 Posted: 00:34:06 19/04/2012
sorry my smilie dosnt raddle
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me