Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > So i took a hacksaw to some ghost pirate swords...
Page 1 of 1
So i took a hacksaw to some ghost pirate swords... [CLOSED]
Osbor Blue Sparx Gems: 710
#1 Posted: 04:33:10 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator
the results weren't all that surprising. getting it apart was kind of a pain since they glue them VERY tightly shut with internal support struts and everything. They're probably waterproof

http://imgur.com/a/8Of4B

as i suspected, the actual tag is very, VERY basic. it basically just embossed tin onto a very thin plastic substrate (think a couple layers of shopping bag material glued together)

it also registers just fine on the portal in its bare tag form.

this is just for anyone that was curious. If activision tries to sue me or something it'll be good news, since i don't forsee losing a case of tinkering with things that i myself paid for and now own.
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#2 Posted: 04:37:53 21/02/2012
Pretty cool images....but why did you do this? Are you just curious?
When I first showed my older friend Skylanders, that's what he wanted to do with one of my figures!
Take it a part see what it was like! ha
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#3 Posted: 04:58:02 21/02/2012
Wow. I did not think it was that thin.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#4 Posted: 05:00:25 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: JAP28
Pretty cool images....but why did you do this? Are you just curious?
When I first showed my older friend Skylanders, that's what he wanted to do with one of my figures!
Take it a part see what it was like! ha

weren't you a little curious?
i wasn't expecting anything amazing but i was just curious enough to slice up a figure i never _Ever_ use
#5 Posted: 05:01:52 21/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SkyDaddy
Wow. I did not think it was that thin.

oooh yeah, hundreds of them are probably pressed and punched all at once, and then imprinted with the read-only bits of data (stuff that only really expensive machines can do, and only in bulk)
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#6 Posted: 12:58:03 21/02/2012
That's the same type of tag that PC World use on their games and stuff :/ They have stickers over the top to stop them being removed easily, and use a thingy to stop it setting off the security things at the doors
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#7 Posted: 13:42:26 21/02/2012
Quote: Osbor

this is just for anyone that was curious. If activision tries to sue me or something it'll be good news, since i don't forsee losing a case of tinkering with things that i myself paid for and now own.

Why would Activision sue you? The last guy who did this didn't just open the figure. He was talking about revert engineering, not just opening the figures.
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#8 Posted: 13:48:46 21/02/2012
Cool, I wondered what it was like inside them.

Are you going to try and put them back together again? Is is the figure spoilt?
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#9 Posted: 15:48:36 21/02/2012
thanks for doing this, your a brave man.... but you better hide now, since activision will jump on your arse and tie you up, then put you in their dungeons. because the magic is revealed....
Takua11 Green Sparx Gems: 243
#10 Posted: 16:01:19 21/02/2012
Thanks for posting these pics, I´ve been wondering what they looked like from inside.
bisylizzie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3913
#11 Posted: 16:23:18 21/02/2012
^guys, did you not read what I said? These same type of tags are used in many things INCLUDING the technology they use to set the alarms off when you try to take an item out of a store without removing it/the signal.

Like I went to HMV today and bought a microphone stand, but they forgot to remove the tag, and I didn't notice until it set the alarm off.

[User Posted Image]

^See, it's common technology, they really can't do anything to you for looking at it. If you were actively trying to mess with the system and emulating the signal they give off, then they'd be after you.

I guess now people can remove them and stick them on other things and use them instead smilie

These things use passive RFID tech over the active which you see on other things, as I mentioned earlier like my mike stand.

[User Posted Image]

Now, for knowing how these things work, will Acti come after me? No, because I am not doing anything illegal
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:25:04 21/02/2012 by bisylizzie
dangernoah2 Green Sparx Gems: 401
#12 Posted: 17:13:08 16/04/2012
lolz photocopy it and send to people
joking
---
help with my skylander cartoon http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=53603
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me