Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > To the people who got their hands on Empire of Ice???
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
To the people who got their hands on Empire of Ice??? [CLOSED]
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#1 Posted: 00:11:02 12/01/2012 | Topic Creator
To the people who got their hands on Empire of Ice or the new wave 3 characters early??????
Are you gonna keep them? Sell them? Have you opened them? Played them in the game? Any good? (no spoilers please!) haha
Just curious?

If I got them a little early not sure what I would do????
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:11:31 12/01/2012 by JAP28
The Questyen Green Sparx Gems: 102
#2 Posted: 00:17:29 12/01/2012
I'll definitely be opening my Empire of Ice so I can use Slam Bam but I still haven't completed the game yet so I'm saving the Adventure sets until then.
#3 Posted: 00:23:49 12/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Yah I think I would hold on for a little too....be nice to buy two of them one to open one to keep. Really do not have money to start doing that!
---
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#4 Posted: 00:27:47 12/01/2012
Open and play....you guys should play the adventure packs now. They aren't tied to the main story so it won't affect it. Once I get my hands on EoI it's getting opened and played a.s.a.p.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#5 Posted: 00:28:58 12/01/2012
Also they are pretty easy for level 10 Skylanders, you should play them while they are still challenging!
DantheDragonBoy Green Sparx Gems: 404
#6 Posted: 00:29:43 12/01/2012
@ Tigorus

When I get my hands on the pack, I'm gonna do the exact same thing; playing it right away
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#7 Posted: 00:31:48 12/01/2012
definitely opening I'm even slightly tempted to pay stupid eBay price for it as this is my most wanted character and i will be seriously annoyed if i cant get hold of one asap although I'm slightly sad they changed his color as i preferred the solid blue although he does look unique now
---
I Have: 37/37
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#8 Posted: 00:34:37 12/01/2012
If I had it, I'd be the first to post Youtube videos of them. Surprised that there are a lot of people who own them, but there are no videos on Youtube of what Anvil Rain and the shield do.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#9 Posted: 00:36:50 12/01/2012
Quote: GameMaster78
If I had it, I'd be the first to post Youtube videos of them. Surprised that there are a lot of people who own them, but there are no videos on Youtube of what Anvil Rain and the shield do.

Agreed. I'd unbox them on video then have their gameplay showcases uploaded ASAP.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
37/37
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#10 Posted: 00:39:19 12/01/2012
Quote: DantheDragonBoy

Agreed. I'd unbox them on video then have their gameplay showcases uploaded ASAP.

^this I would do an unboxing video as well, and get tons of pics and videos of the adventure pack lvl and items and what they do. =)
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
#11 Posted: 00:41:20 12/01/2012 | Topic Creator
^unboxing video would be cool....not sure if I wanna watch to many videos, I would like it to be a surprise.
---
Jawgoosh Green Sparx Gems: 228
#12 Posted: 01:23:38 12/01/2012
My wife is playing as Double Trouble right now. His stick/wand attack is good and his strong attack (trigger button xbox) makes a little tiki guy appear and follow you around. We haven't looked at upgrades at all. I'll see if I can get some pics...am I allowed to link videos here?
#13 Posted: 01:43:21 12/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Sooo cool! Yes link away!!! haha
Not really sure on all the rules but there is a YOU Tube spot when typing "your" comments.
---
Sequoia Spyro Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#14 Posted: 02:00:37 12/01/2012
I've seen plenty of the new adventure pack on eBay.com and the "worldwide" section of eBay.co.uk but there are just "pre-orders" with varying dates on the UK eBay stock. I have yet to find evidence of a UK release date for any of the wave 3 figurines. They're not even on Amazon or Toys 'R' Us yet.

I believe in playing with toys - there's no point buying them and keeping them wrapped up unless you only bought them to sell at a profit. I will, therefore, zoom through EoI as soon as I can get my mits on one :3 although I haven't even completed Pirate Seas yet, and I've had it for months. Still slowly making my way through the story.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:01:11 12/01/2012 by Sequoia Spyro
Jawgoosh Green Sparx Gems: 228
#15 Posted: 02:08:04 12/01/2012
Ok terrible video quality...I had my 4 year old in my lap and my wife (whom just started playing tonight) wasn't really running around showing off his new moves. I haven't played with him yet but at least now that my wife is on board maybe all the dirty looks will stop when my daughter and I are running through all the stores hunting for skylanders...

Again the quick attack is the stick/wand attack that shoots magic and the strong attack is the tiki guy that follows you around and attacks other people. We haven't upgraded at all so I don't know what his third move might be...

#16 Posted: 02:30:58 12/01/2012
Not bad smilie
I might post a video by the time I find him along with the other wave three characters. I'm still deciding over what level I should play on with the other two, as I'll play on Empire of Ice with Slam Bam.
---
37/37
#17 Posted: 02:54:36 12/01/2012
I really wished people here would help one another get these things. I would be helping people if they were in my state, but no one elses.

Share the love, peeps.
---
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#18 Posted: 08:54:54 12/01/2012
My Empire of Ice (when I finally get it), will be coming out of its packaging. Can't be doing with all this collecting stuff.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
#19 Posted: 15:16:06 12/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I really wished people here would help one another get these things. I would be helping people if they were in my state, but no one elses.

Share the love, peeps.

Don't worry GameMaster78 wave 3 will be all in probably by the end of January! You guys are lucky you live in the States.
You get them the fastest and probably have more stores to search at!

I am keeping an eye here too for yah!
---
exosquad Gold Sparx Gems: 2667
#20 Posted: 18:03:24 12/01/2012
Would EVERYONE whos been lucky enough to find empire of ice and wave 3 figures post what state and city they are in?
---
I am going to have 1 of everything. someday...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#21 Posted: 20:25:36 12/01/2012
Cool Beans amigos.

Found an lone Empire of Ice hidden behind a Darklight Crypt at a NE Ohio Best Buy.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

I dunno about everyone else, but those gold ones were at Best Buy too, right? I'd assume that BB is probably going to be everyone's best bet on getting them.

[User Posted Image]
For those who are wondering, Sky Iron Shield makes to shields float around you which according to the Eon Voice over is supposed to give you added armor.

[User Posted Image]

The Anvil Rain on the other hand does exactly what the tin says: Makes giant cartoony anvils fall on all the enemies/crash into the ground. I think it's travels as you move, since it wasn't hitting anything on the other side of the Core of Light.

[User Posted Image]

My camera is pretty terrible/my new TV is still being a butt about the picture, but I do have larger versions of the images I can upload later if anyone wants to see them bigger.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#22 Posted: 20:41:47 12/01/2012
gah! thats so cool! thanks for the pics =3 can you get some of what the shield does?

why cant it be my turn to find these! TT_TT <--crying face (lol)
---

#23 Posted: 21:32:42 12/01/2012
@spyroflame
Dude, you are SO lucky to have found that adventure pack! I've been checking Best Buy and Wal-mart and cannot find them ANYWHERE!
---
37/37
#24 Posted: 21:41:40 12/01/2012
Quote: terranakari
gah! thats so cool! thanks for the pics =3 can you get some of what the shield does?

why cant it be my turn to find these! TT_TT <--crying face (lol)

Haha sure, I'll go get some more in just a bit.

Quote: DantheDragonBoy
@spyroflame
Dude, you are SO lucky to have found that adventure pack! I've been checking Best Buy and Wal-mart and cannot find them ANYWHERE!

You can say that again! It was the last one on the shelf with Darklight Crypt (As in, there was nothing else on the shelves) Plus, this is the only one that had things out of 4 stores I hit today!

I actually forgot my wallet in the car so I had to sorta hide it on another aisle while I went to go grab my money!

EDIT:
Alright, I'm gonna throw this stuff into spoiler tags. Don't peek if you don't want to be spoiled!

K, so I finished Empire of Ice. It's AMAZING and kind of funny. Especially the end of the level. Oddly enough, it's actually Level 23, where Darklight is 24 and Pirate is 25. I'm guessing Dragon's Peak is 26.

For terranakari, here's some more pics.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Like I said, they basically rotate around you and make you less prone to damage.

Also, for the Anvil Rain, I saw that it does 15 points of damage with each anvil. They come down pretty fast and can easily wipe out even the Knights.

Here's some more pics of Slam Bam as well. His Soul Gem upgrade sticks on a pair of skiing goggles for whatever reason. I think it looks dumb.. He also gains some ice armor which does make him look cool, and I can grab some pics of those later.

Here's the 2 hats, Santa Hat. (+20 Armor)

[User Posted Image]

and the uh...Cossack Hat (+10 Elemental Power) It's Russian-y.

[User Posted Image]

---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:41:57 12/01/2012 by spyroflame0487
#25 Posted: 00:23:43 13/01/2012
Any reason he's wearing goggles? smilie
---
37/37
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#26 Posted: 00:32:58 13/01/2012
Man, I want these new figures. I'm hoping tomorrow I find them! It's been a long week!
#27 Posted: 00:34:55 13/01/2012
Comes with his soul gem I think.
---
#28 Posted: 00:41:54 13/01/2012
Ah. I see it now
He does look kinda funny in them lol
Nice pics though! smilie
---
37/37
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#29 Posted: 00:51:07 13/01/2012
We've managed to acquire Empire of Ice as well, and we're going to open it tonight after the baby goes to bed... <.<

Anyway, EoI is officially in Texas, if any other posters live here. Found it on the last stop of the day. Walmart does unpack in the afternoon as has been suggested in another topic, and we got one of two they had. The other was missing in approximately the time it took us to eat a late lunch and head back to electronics for the heck of it on our way out of the store. These small shipments are incredibly unfair.
Judge Green Sparx Gems: 312
#30 Posted: 01:05:53 13/01/2012
I picked it up in southern indiana today just north of louisville, ky @ best buy but also saw it at wal mart
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie-smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#31 Posted: 01:17:55 13/01/2012
I almost got one in CA.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

kron2 Red Sparx Gems: 35
#32 Posted: 01:40:59 13/01/2012
Just found empire of ice at best buy girl at the checkout
Said a lady walked out with her arms full earlier that day I checked the store earlier in the morning and had no skylander my microwave craped to bed so I had to go back there around 8 o'clock at night and had some old stuff and one empire of ice live in Massachusetts.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:12 13/01/2012 by kron2
Proggy99 Red Sparx Gems: 66
#33 Posted: 02:02:27 13/01/2012
my neighborhood best buy in columbus ohio had two EoI's when I called and the friendly guy i had talked to in person the night before remembered me and said he would hold one for me for an hour. Showed up and the other was still there as well, but no interest in doubles. TRU and BB both got new stock in, not a ton, and old single packs and adventure packs, but still, the stuff is starting to flow again. Broke down and bought the 3ds starter to mark stealth elf and ignitor off my list along with slam bam. Son was pretty excited. Maybe the end of scalping if the flow continues?

BB guy did tell me the last two shipments came in as UPS (shipping company in case you don't know), not their usual trucks. So he said they can now come in any time, any day. yay?
---
have [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie][smiliesmilie][smilie]
looking for smiliesmiliesmilie
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#34 Posted: 02:11:58 13/01/2012
Looks like EoI has been rolling out first to Walmart and Best Buy with fewer stores getting the single packs yet. At least it's something!

Updated the Map w/ the new reports. Thanks all!
http://www.zeemaps.com/305905
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
greenlantern511 Ripto Gems: 270
#35 Posted: 04:42:26 13/01/2012
Got all of wave 3 off eBay, amazon, and walmart.

And dang! Slam Bam is the size of the level fig!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:43:38 13/01/2012 by greenlantern511
#36 Posted: 14:50:08 13/01/2012
Quote: greenlantern511
Got all of wave 3 off eBay, amazon, and walmart.

And dang! Slam Bam is the size of the level fig!

darn, that means im going to have to fix up something to fit him in my carrying case smilie idk if i have room or not for him if hes that big!
---

#37 Posted: 14:59:21 13/01/2012
Well he's not quite as tall as the level fig. He looks like he's about an inch shorter. You should be more worried about Wham Shell- His mace makes it appear that he'll be the tallest of the characters.

Also....that feel when the design of the level fig isn't actually in the game whatsoever. Like seriously. Did I miss it or something?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:59:35 13/01/2012 by spyroflame0487
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#38 Posted: 15:15:31 13/01/2012
You guys are lucky!
Too bad my spyro broke and i might get a magic to replace him smilie
I already tried keeping it on the portal and 2 Hours passed and never fixed

He broke just when i wanted him to wear the miners helm from molekin mine then i saw the error he was working fine when i was battling Kaos for the undead source and spyro is on my want list for replacements
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#39 Posted: 15:17:49 13/01/2012
I think the starter pack figures will eventually appear as single packs, but I think Activision is more concerned about getting the other characters out first. Starter pack figures are probably a very low priority for them.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#40 Posted: 15:22:07 13/01/2012
Quote: Himewad
I think the starter pack figures will eventually appear as single packs, but I think Activision is more concerned about getting the other characters out first. Starter pack figures are probably a very low priority for them.

It only makes sense to not even release gill, trigger, or regular spyro as those are the ones that come with the game for the major formats. The only people getting screwed over are the 3DS only players. I would also imagine that there are few, if any, 3DS only players of the game. If I am activision, I do not release those three as singles. I wouldnt even release them as their own 3 pack either.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#41 Posted: 15:23:56 13/01/2012
Well now it's too late since they never said that these 3 would be exclusive to the Starter Pac, unlike the Dark Spyro.
#42 Posted: 15:24:42 13/01/2012
If they've got a surplus of Gill Grunts, Trigger Happys and Spyros, you will definitely see them on shelves.
---
#43 Posted: 15:25:25 13/01/2012
Later I think... Maybe when all the characters will be out?
#44 Posted: 15:26:40 13/01/2012
Quote: Reimu
Later I think... Maybe when all the characters will be out?

Exactly. Like I said before, the starter pack figures are probably the last item on their priority list.
---
Ellioy Green Sparx Gems: 469
#45 Posted: 16:01:51 13/01/2012
Quote: Himewad
If they've got a surplus of Gill Grunts, Trigger Happys and Spyros, you will definitely see them on shelves.

Sadly im in the UK
---
AROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
#46 Posted: 16:24:15 13/01/2012
Quote: Ellioy

Sadly im in the UK

That is sad. Also too bad about the Skylanders.
---
deathcrow Green Sparx Gems: 272
#47 Posted: 16:33:58 13/01/2012
Just went to Wal-Mart picked up the last Empire of Ice pack. They had alot of single of hex, dino rang, eruptor, but no wave 3 yet! I'm in Texas btw.
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#48 Posted: 17:53:20 13/01/2012
I just got mine yesterday. I opened it pretty quickly, too. The Empire portal is pretty oddly placed, you need a swimming or flying Skylander to reach it initially (Fair enough, because by this point you should have Gill Grunt, Slam Bam, and Spyro).
The anvil rain pretty much is exactly what it says on the tin, it makes anvils rain down. Haven't tried the shield, though.

Also, when you first put him on the portal, the blue light seems to shine through his entire body. Which I think is pretty awesome.

p.s. A bit off topic, but a friend of mine traded her Ignitor for my Flameslinger. Is this a fair trade?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:56:19 13/01/2012 by Orohu
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#49 Posted: 18:05:37 13/01/2012
so how is the anvil compared to the bombing pirate ship. better or worse?....
lockmouth Green Sparx Gems: 394
#50 Posted: 18:12:20 13/01/2012
I just found EOI @ one of the small GameStops here in Monroe/WestMonroe, LA. They had 3 on the self with 1 Double Trouble, WhirlWind, Drill Sergeant 3 pack. Man got there soon a she was finish putting out there new shipment smilie Can't wait to get home to play with them.
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie / smilie smilie smilie smilie / smilie smilie
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me