darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > How come some are saying more characters Nov. 15, others say next year?
Page 1 of 1
How come some are saying more characters Nov. 15, others say next year? [CLOSED]
MermaidKelly Green Sparx Gems: 444
#1 Posted: 03:44:51 27/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Some are saying the rest of the characters are coming out Nov. 15, others are saying they are coming next year. Is there any official statement on this? I personally hope it's next year! I don't have extra money!
---
smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 03:46:18 27/10/2011
There's no official statement. All this junk about November 15th is just a rumor, and most likely a false one. They wouldn't release the next wave so soon after the game's release. If so, they may as well have released all of them at once.

I still think they'll be coming out next year. Probably March.
#3 Posted: 03:47:36 27/10/2011 | Topic Creator
That sounds good to me! smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#4 Posted: 03:49:09 27/10/2011
Buuuut now I just saw a tweet from someone about future toys coming out for the holiday season.

http://twitter.com/#!/Skylande...287911534366721

I still think they may as well have released them all at once. And if certain characters weren't ready, just hold off on them and release the others.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:49:30 27/10/2011 by CAV
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#5 Posted: 03:59:20 27/10/2011
Activision would be a fool not to release the 2nd wave this Christmas season. Christmas season is the one profitable season for almost any company who deals in toys and video games. The only reason I see they would hold off with the release is if the 2nd wave is if the 2nd wave figures are somewhat related to an expansion or another version of the game which does not seem to be the case.

Nov 15 is a pretty good release date for wave 2 since black friday is just around the corner.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Ammers Green Sparx Gems: 126
#6 Posted: 05:57:37 27/10/2011
Quote: SkyDaddy
Activision would be a fool not to release the 2nd wave this Christmas season. Christmas season is the one profitable season for almost any company who deals in toys and video games. The only reason I see they would hold off with the release is if the 2nd wave is if the 2nd wave figures are somewhat related to an expansion or another version of the game which does not seem to be the case.

Nov 15 is a pretty good release date for wave 2 since black friday is just around the corner.

Agreed. They'd totally miss milking that Christmas cash cow if they held them back. Plus I'll personally hunt the game devs down if I don't get Sunburn and Cynder soon! RAWR.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#7 Posted: 12:04:42 27/10/2011
I don't see why all the toys could've been released the same time as the games. Stretching releases of the toys is basically DLC except only in physical form that you buy in shops.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Quikwix Green Sparx Gems: 134
#8 Posted: 12:24:16 27/10/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
I don't see why all the toys could've been released the same time as the games. Stretching releases of the toys is basically DLC except only in physical form that you buy in shops.

I doubt many stores would of had the space on their shevles for every toy. Also releasing them all at once can be expensive for stores to get without seeing if they will sell well first. Plus it means that people can actually try other figures to see they can be good to rather then just rushing to buy Cynder, Hex, Camo ect.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#9 Posted: 12:37:43 27/10/2011
I think the November 15th date comes from the fact that the 30 day TRU exclusive for the Darklight Crypt pack expires then.
#10 Posted: 16:40:11 27/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Buuuut now I just saw a tweet from someone about future toys coming out for the holiday season.

http://twitter.com/#!/Skylande...287911534366721

I still think they may as well have released them all at once. And if certain characters weren't ready, just hold off on them and release the others.

Crap smilie ...well thanks for the heads up!
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me