First | Previous | Page 127 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 ... 134 135 136
New Spyro game? [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#6301 Posted: 19:28:42 07/02/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
Yes...but...its REZNOV! Nobody can kill reznov, not even Chuck norris.

*looks around to see if AlKorKris is here*

And nobody could kill Bill, but it happened.
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#6302 Posted: 19:31:13 07/02/2011
Reanov was right, Dimitri Petrenko should have died in Berlin, in the Reichstag as a hero, not...
nerve gassed by his own country, accused of being a traitor.
#6303 Posted: 19:36:40 07/02/2011
Reanov was right, Dimitri Petrenko should have died in Berlin, in the Reichstag as a hero, not...
nerve gassed by his own country, accused of being a traitor.

Things happen. That's the direction Treyarch wanted to take. I didn't play WaW so I can't say much about who deserved what.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#6304 Posted: 19:50:29 07/02/2011
Meh, seeing as it was asked, I'll try a story!smilie

So after DotD, Spyro and Cynder are now all happy, the world is saved and they are back with the others(And if it matters, Spyro DID NOT hear Cynder confess her love/lust for him). So they go a few months and all is peaceful, but there is a band of monsters made up of creatures who once served Malefor, Gaul and Cynder who are now lost in the world, as they have nowhere to go now that their masters are gone. So the more intelligent ones take matters into their own hands. They start stealing resources from all the good creatures to build shelters, weapons, things they need to live prosperously. So at first, they are not actually bad, nor are they a serious threat. They just want to survive.....

Meanwhile, the guardians offer Spyro and Cynder a long term responsibility(they do not HAVE to accept). The world is now in repair, and the other races are really slow recovering. So, Spyro and Cynder are asked to train willing young dragons(from a very young age to their own age, mostly) in their element. Spyro and Cynder, along with their "band/gang" of dragons, will then help different regions recover from the disaster Malefor created. Spyro accepts without hesitation, but Cynder is reluctant. However, she hides her feelings and accepts(she is reluctant as she wants to settle down and bond with Spyro, as well as regain the 15 years of her life she lost to Malefor).

BUT, a wise monster believes that the monsters cannot live a prosperous life....every race in this "band of monsters" will go extinct, as there is only a small amount of creatures, compared to the dragons, and the dragons will make life hard for them, as they have been stealing the dragon's(and their allies') resources. So this wise monster, tells them of a legend....

Long ago, there was an event that occured where a "layer" of land was taken off the Earth by some invaders from another world. It is presumed that these invaders came through Convexity. So this wise creature suggests that they try to get to Convexity and find these "invaders". They would then attempt to take this missing land and put it back on the Earth. They will then re-populate the planet with their races and start the world anew. However, bringing these pieces of land to the Earth will crush anything on the world below. The monsters don't care about the dragons, and are resentful, so they will not warn them. They won't stop them from escaping the "new land", but will not help them either. They decide to name their band the "Sky Landers", due to their plot.

But... HOW will they do this? How are they supposed to get into Convexity?

You guessed it(or not).... Cynder. She was the one who opened Convexity last time, and some of these monsters worked for her during her dark reign. So their plan is to convince Cynder to join their side and get her to open Convexity, and help them with any further endeavours. Some of these monsters despise her and see her as a "traitor"(like Gaul did), and some of them think she has been "tainted by the dragons".

They don't start their plan instantly. They continue gathering resources and send spies to watch Cynder(bet they'll enjoy it too!smilie). They try to flatter her at first, rather than force her to join. Some see stilll see her as a queen, and Spyro as an evil king who stole their "mother"....

I have a lot more as to how this develops, and the little events that may happen. Basically:

"Sky Landers" is the name of the "Monster Gang", and they see Cynder as a "queen", and Spyro as an evil "king". They call the dragon lands "Spyro's Kingdom".

And yes, there would be a lot of light hearted-ness(including direct references to Classic Spyro games), and Spyro and Cynder get equal screentime(roughly). I know it seems like "durrhurr, this Cyndork is making it all about Cynderp", but I'm not....as I said, I have TONS of more things on this story flowing through my head, but this is a long enough post as is. I also have some story elements that connect to gameplay.

If anyone really wants to hear more, PM me, but be specific, and try not to ask too much.

Otherwise, ignore/bash this all you want.

Why did I even bother doing this? It's not like it will be in the game or anything.... smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#6305 Posted: 20:06:21 07/02/2011
It makes some sense.
#6306 Posted: 20:15:11 07/02/2011
It sounds like a good idea. If AV actually took the time to visit here and read that, maybe they would actually be smart enough to put that in the game.

I think I'm giving AV too much credit.
#6307 Posted: 20:55:05 07/02/2011
Thanks! Glad you like it!

I literally have tons of things that I didn't mention, including gameplay, but it's too long for a forum post, IMO. If anyone has questions, they can PM me. I do realise I was a little vague, and admittedly, I rushed that particular post.
---
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4185
#6308 Posted: 21:03:54 07/02/2011
Quote: CAV
It sounds like a good idea. If AV actually took the time to visit here and read that, maybe they would actually be smart enough to put that in the game.

I think I'm giving AV too much credit.

Yes, you are.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#6309 Posted: 21:15:58 07/02/2011
Quote: Aura24
CoD isn't as great as people think.

Activision is too blind to notice this. Call of Duty makes them money and they'll continue making the games until they milked out the franchise to death and throw it out, like they did with the Guitar Hero franchise.

I just don't get how a game that people don't think is great can still sell so well.

Anyway, would anyone like to say anything about Spyro?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#6310 Posted: 21:28:59 07/02/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
CoD isn't as great as people think.

Activision is too blind to notice this. Call of Duty makes them money and they'll continue making the games until they milked out the franchise to death and throw it out, like they did with the Guitar Hero franchise.

I just don't get how a game that people don't think is great can still sell so well.

Anyway, would anyone like to say anything about Spyro?

Already came up with a long-ass plotline description.....and that's a vague version!smilie
---
#6311 Posted: 21:32:23 07/02/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182

So after DotD, Spyro and Cynder are now all happy, the world is saved and they are back with the others(And if it matters, Spyro DID NOT hear Cynder confess her love/lust for him). So they go a few months and all is peaceful, but there is a band of monsters made up of creatures who once served Malefor, Gaul and Cynder who are now lost in the world, as they have nowhere to go now that their masters are gone. So the more intelligent ones take matters into their own hands. They start stealing resources from all the good creatures to build shelters, weapons, things they need to live prosperously. So at first, they are not actually bad, nor are they a serious threat. They just want to survive.....

Meanwhile, the guardians offer Spyro and Cynder a long term responsibility(they do not HAVE to accept). The world is now in repair, and the other races are really slow recovering. So, Spyro and Cynder are asked to train willing young dragons(from a very young age to their own age, mostly) in their element. Spyro and Cynder, along with their "band/gang" of dragons, will then help different regions recover from the disaster Malefor created. Spyro accepts without hesitation, but Cynder is reluctant. However, she hides her feelings and accepts(she is reluctant as she wants to settle down and bond with Spyro, as well as regain the 15 years of her life she lost to Malefor).

BUT, a wise monster believes that the monsters cannot live a prosperous life....every race in this "band of monsters" will go extinct, as there is only a small amount of creatures, compared to the dragons, and the dragons will make life hard for them, as they have been stealing the dragon's(and their allies') resources. So this wise monster, tells them of a legend....

Long ago, there was an event that occured where a "layer" of land was taken off the Earth by some invaders from another world. It is presumed that these invaders came through Convexity. So this wise creature suggests that they try to get to Convexity and find these "invaders". They would then attempt to take this missing land and put it back on the Earth. They will then re-populate the planet with their races and start the world anew. However, bringing these pieces of land to the Earth will crush anything on the world below. The monsters don't care about the dragons, and are resentful, so they will not warn them. They won't stop them from escaping the "new land", but will not help them either. They decide to name their band the "Sky Landers", due to their plot.

You guessed it(or not).... Cynder. She was the one who opened Convexity last time, and some of these monsters worked for her during her dark reign. So their plan is to convince Cynder to join their side and get her to open Convexity, and help them with any further endeavours. Some of these monsters despise her and see her as a "traitor"(like Gaul did), and some of them think she has been "tainted by the dragons".

They don't start their plan instantly. They continue gathering resources and send spies to watch Cynder(bet they'll enjoy it too!smilie). They try to flatter her at first, rather than force her to join. Some see stilll see her as a queen, and Spyro as an evil king who stole their "mother"....

I have a lot more as to how this develops, and the little events that may happen. Basically:

"Sky Landers" is the name of the "Monster Gang", and they see Cynder as a "queen", and Spyro as an evil "king". They call the dragon lands "Spyro's Kingdom".

And yes, there would be a lot of light hearted-ness(including direct references to Classic Spyro games), and Spyro and Cynder get equal screentime(roughly). I know it seems like "durrhurr, this Cyndork is making it all about Cynderp", but I'm not....as I said, I have TONS of more things on this story flowing through my head, but this is a long enough post as is. I also have some story elements that connect to gameplay.

If anyone really wants to hear more, PM me, but be specific, and try not to ask too much.

Why did I even bother doing this? It's not like it will be in the game or anything.... smilie

You may be surprised but I like it. I do hope you build on it to further develop the idea and show us all how it is meant ot pan out.
If I may add something: Rather than random monsters, how about this band, the Sky Landers is made up of the baddies from Classic Spyro? They could consist of Gnasty Gnorc, Ripto, the Sorceress, and Ineptune as the leaders. The lesser monsters would be the Gnorcs (Gnasty), Riptocs (Ripto), Rinocs (Sorceress), and Random Octopus Thingies (Ineptune). Yeah! They could be left as they were when they were created and thus be one of the references to Classic Spyro! Also, if they include Ineptune, it could create an opportunity for undersea levels.
What do you think?
---
#6312 Posted: 21:36:41 07/02/2011

This = epic fanfiction
#6313 Posted: 21:41:30 07/02/2011
I was actually thinking that, but I still think there should ALSO be darker enemies, so Gnasty and the Gang would be the more comical ones, and the original enemies would be the darker ones.

There is a Classic Spyro reference I had in mind which I think would be really neat though....

I do firmly believe that it would be best people PM me if they really want to hear more. I mean, there is no point in me typing up a huge bunch of ideas if everyone will ignore/hate it. So if anyone is actually interested in certain aspects that would take a long time to type, I think PMs are a suitable method of communication.

Also, I'm sure some people would rather the topic not turn into a discussion about my storyline/gameplay ideas.
---
#6314 Posted: 21:43:39 07/02/2011
I said fanfic. smilie, heck I read it.
#6315 Posted: 21:44:29 07/02/2011
Gnasty is a Classic enemy. Also, I don't see why they couldn't make Ripto and the Sorceress a little darker. I mean, Ripto was already full of so much destructive, dictatoresque rage, and the Sorceress DID try to kill innocent baby dragons. Oh! There's another reference! Perhaps while Cynder is distracted by monsters Spyro could be trying to save young dragons from being killed and take back stolen eggs. Just a thought.
---
#6316 Posted: 21:47:14 07/02/2011
Cynder gets turned to the metaphorical dark side and Spyro fights to turn her back?
#6317 Posted: 21:48:58 07/02/2011
Depending on how it's done it could be a repeat of ANB. But then I guess my idea could be a repeat of YotD if not done right...
---
#6318 Posted: 21:51:01 07/02/2011
Gnasty is a Classic enemy. Also, I don't see why they couldn't make Ripto and the Sorceress a little darker. I mean, Ripto was already full of so much destructive, dictatoresque rage, and the Sorceress DID try to kill innocent baby dragons. Oh! There's another reference! Perhaps while Cynder is distracted by monsters Spyro could be trying to save young dragons from being killed and take back stolen eggs. Just a thought.

I actually love that baby dragon idea! That would make an awesome action mission!

However, the thing about Ripto and Gnasty is....I think they should keep their silly, comedic personalities as it means we have our silly enemies of the Sky Landers, and we have "untampered with" Classic characters at the same time. I was going to make the darker enemies the ones with connections to Cynder, some of whom see her as their former "queen".
---
#6319 Posted: 21:51:02 07/02/2011
I was thinking of the first cutscene in DotD when spyro meets Malefor and cynder becomes dark cynder.
#6320 Posted: 21:53:15 07/02/2011
In my version of the next Spyro storyline, Cynder will NOT be brainwashed. It's fine for two times, but even that is pushing it. After that, it just get's lazy, and feminists will take it the wrong way too.
---
#6321 Posted: 21:55:42 07/02/2011
^This; well said.
I don't like the dark Spyro rip off for Cynder's dark form. If she did go dark, I'd wanna see her adult monster form. But then again that may not make sense, given that Malefor and Gaul, the ones who corrupted her are now gone. How about, as opposed to a magical corruption, it is a moral corruption. By that, I mean rather than turning her into a giant beast or a shadowy zombie, she just starts to change on her own, from the decent indevidual she had become to a villain of free will.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:56:12 07/02/2011 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#6322 Posted: 21:59:59 07/02/2011
I personally like the LOOK of Dark Cynder, and any abilities she may gain, but I think Cynder should just stay good.

Basically, my idea was that the monsters try to flatter her....spoil her, comment on her beauty, stuff like that.....it would all be behind Spyro's back. However, she never gives in, but when the monsters build up their forces, they capture her. Spyro would follow the monsters, but get captured too.
---
#6323 Posted: 22:11:15 07/02/2011
What if spyro turned to the dar side and Cynder tried t bring him back somehow.
#6324 Posted: 22:13:30 07/02/2011
I was thinking that there would be one point in the game where Spyro goes dark, on a rampage. This would be playable, and I believe I discussed the idea on how it would happen a while back.
---
#6325 Posted: 22:38:54 07/02/2011
*looks for the explanation*
#6326 Posted: 22:51:17 07/02/2011
I'll state it here again for you. I have changed some things, forever:

While Cynder was corrupted in ANB, she killed Spyro's parents. She feels guilty, and something drives her to tell Spyro(haven't thought of this yet). She tells him, and Spyro gets enraged....the one he is in love with is the one who took his parents. His darkness takes over, and he attacks Cynder. She tries to snap him out of it, but to no avail. She then flees in tears.

Now, she is alone. She is contemplating killing herself, as she knows that the Sky Landers are after her, and seeing as Spyro probably hates her now, she feels nobody will care if she is gone - she sees herself as nothing more than a threat, and feels she will never get the peaceful life with Spyro that she longs for. As she is about to kill herself(I was thinking she would stab herself with her tail blade), Sky Landers ambush her and knock her out.

Spyro, meanwhile, is on his rampage. Not sure how it would stop though....I actually might come up with a way for Sparx to knock him out of it.
---
#6327 Posted: 22:56:02 07/02/2011
Again I dislike the idea of contemplated suicide in a Spyro game; I think that's best left in fan fiction. Also, see below for my thoughts on her being captured.

I personally like the LOOK of Dark Cynder, and any abilities she may gain, but I think Cynder should just stay good.

Basically, my idea was that the monsters try to flatter her....spoil her, comment on her beauty, stuff like that.....it would all be behind Spyro's back. However, she never gives in, but when the monsters build up their forces, they capture her. Spyro would follow the monsters, but get captured too.

I'd like it better if she decided to side with them on her own, on account of how much nicer they treat her than the others do; they would still fear and mistrust her, and treat her badly for her past. The monsters would trick her into thinking they want to do something far less destructive, like go live in Convexity to be in peace away from the scornful locals of earth. Thinking this is the case she'd join them with the intention of proving she's not evil by doing something kind for the monsters. I don't think it would do to have her captured; after all, how will they make her open convexity if they capture her? I doubt she'd do it unless she trusted them, and she wouldn't if they captured her.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:58:30 07/02/2011 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
#6328 Posted: 22:58:53 07/02/2011
Easy...threaten to kill Spyro, Sparx, etc...

I haven't explained that part properly yet, but I have it all in my head. I may be able to tell you tomorrow.
---
#6329 Posted: 23:02:13 07/02/2011
Okay. But for the record, I don't see why she'd agree to do somethingthat would kill pretty much everyone just to save Spyro and Sparx. True, they are her firends, but why bother saving them if the world and most/everyone on it will just be crushed? Also, they couldn't kill Spyro and Sparxs, or else they'd have nothing to blackmail her with, and once they were gone she might lose all fear and just go ape **** on them, maybe not killing them all but doing major damage.
---
#6330 Posted: 23:12:04 07/02/2011
OK, I'll try quickly explain my idea:

They will somehow get a hold of Spyro(have ideas for this, but not finalized ones), and when Cynder wakes up, Spyro is there with her. They then open Convexity(still brainstorming how). Spyro and Cynder are quickly thrown in, and the monsters follow. I think that the monsters could try to "negotiate" with Spyro, and say that what they are doing is good for the dragons. Also, he wants to get Cynder back. Maybe they could capture some young dragons too. This way, that gameplay mechanic I gave you earlier could still work in Convexity.

I'm really just a tired school boy with a bit of a wild imagination, not an amazing writer. These ideas are not likely to go past what they are - ideas. I'm not sure how far I will develop them, as they probably won't be used for anything, and people won't recognize them.
---
SpyroFanatic101 Blue Sparx Gems: 851
#6331 Posted: 23:14:49 07/02/2011
Duuuude i missed like 5 pages! anything new on SK?
---
I completely agree with the statement above...
#6332 Posted: 23:22:09 07/02/2011
We found two new test titles: Sky Landers: Spyro's Adventure, and Spyro and the Monster Gang.
We also found two new resumes from activision employees, one of which was/is a producer at Activision, and who listed Spyro as one of thier projects.
There was also information found that the developer might be the guys who make the Facebook games, and ppl have subsequently speculated that there may be two Spyro games on the way, a Facebook/web game, and one for the Wii/DS.
---
#6333 Posted: 23:22:12 07/02/2011
In one of my planned fanfics, Cynder lapses into a nasty bit of depression when...
The city where Spyro and their children were staying was incinerated, and believing they were dead, Cynder attempts suicide (haven't figured out how yet) and Spyro and children(having survived)find Cynder half dead. They try to save her...but she dies.
#6334 Posted: 00:25:58 08/02/2011
We found two new test titles: Sky Landers: Spyro's Adventure, and Spyro and the Monster Gang.
We also found two new resumes from activision employees, one of which was/is a producer at Activision, and who listed Spyro as one of thier projects.
There was also information found that the developer might be the guys who make the Facebook games, and ppl have subsequently speculated that there may be two Spyro games on the way, a Facebook/web game, and one for the Wii/DS.

Oh wow you guys are so sneaky! nice info and a facebook game would really boost spyros popularity. Nice finds
---
#6335 Posted: 00:30:43 08/02/2011
Don't complement me, it was Hero of Legend who found the possible test titles, Aura who found the resumes, and Bionicle who found that the developers what the one who made the Facebook games.
---
#6336 Posted: 00:32:41 08/02/2011
In one of my planned fanfics, Cynder lapses into a nasty bit of depression when...
The city where Spyro and their children were staying was incinerated, and believing they were dead, Cynder attempts suicide (haven't figured out how yet) and Spyro and children(having survived)find Cynder half dead. They try to save her...but she dies.

Why didn't you keep it a secret and let us find out when you write it?
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6337 Posted: 00:34:51 08/02/2011

Yeah, that's a bit of a fail there..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:12 08/02/2011 by Aura24
#6338 Posted: 00:35:12 08/02/2011
Don't complement me, it was Hero of Legend who found the possible test titles, Aura who found the resumes, and Bionicle who found that the developers what the one who made the Facebook games.

That is why i said you guys lol
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:36:12 08/02/2011 by SpyroFanatic101
spyro14ever Green Sparx Gems: 374
#6339 Posted: 00:35:46 08/02/2011

Yeah, that's a bit of a fail there..

FAIL will be FAIL, but potatoes will not grow in Alaska. smilie
---
Dawn of the Dragon is the best Spyro game since the original trilogy.
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#6340 Posted: 00:40:56 08/02/2011
Potatoes will not... What?
Also I doubt any of you will check it out, I got two out already and not a whole lot of people will read them.

EDIT: I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:51 08/02/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
#6341 Posted: 00:44:41 08/02/2011
Potatoes will not... What?

Potatoes will not grow in Alaska
Unless you count the Great Potato Growing Fest of 1909.... all hell broke loose with the contradiction and aliens conquered the earth and left after 4 hours causing people to eat liquid paper with a straw the next Tuesday...

I'm in a random mood right now smilie
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:45:16 08/02/2011 by spyro14ever
#6342 Posted: 00:46:09 08/02/2011
I reject your reality and substitute my own (again)
#6343 Posted: 00:47:20 08/02/2011
I reject your reality and substitute my own (again)

I reject YOUR reality and substitute a ham sandwich!
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#6344 Posted: 00:56:46 08/02/2011
I reject yours and substitute a dbl quarter pounder...with cheese. Yep, uhuh, I'm the luckiest guy in the world.
*eats the sandwitch*
*spit-take*
Ugh, this sandvitch tastes like plastic!!
#6345 Posted: 01:00:27 08/02/2011
I reject yours and substitute a dbl quarter pounder...with cheese. Yep, uhuh, I'm the luckiest guy in the world.
*eats the sandwitch*
*spit-take*
Ugh, this sandvitch tastes like plastic!!

I reject your double-quarter pounder and substitute it with a Nintendo 64!
---
Better? No.
Awesome? Yes.
#6346 Posted: 01:06:31 08/02/2011
N64s don't taste good!

*picks up and eats a triple-decker whopper with cheese and some BK fries.*
Wow, I really want burger king now.
#6347 Posted: 01:07:35 08/02/2011
The game is mentioned on this site, as well as another Activision game title that hasn't been announced to the public.

http://www.greatgames.com.cy/c....aspx?pagenum=2
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:10:23 08/02/2011 by Aura24
Spyroo Blue Sparx Gems: 867
#6348 Posted: 01:12:49 08/02/2011
Ooh. Same date, isn't it? Looks like that could be the confirmed date now.
---
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/glumshanks - Because apparently the user 'Kaos' is a spammer. Sheesh, Kaos, srsly?
#6349 Posted: 01:16:29 08/02/2011
What's the second game...

The game is an action game (which I don't mind)

And is there a way to keep this link away from nonmembers? Maybe acti is spying on us, and that is how they find out what we find and delete them?
#6350 Posted: 01:16:58 08/02/2011
Quote: Spyroo
Ooh. Same date, isn't it? Looks like that could be the confirmed date now.

Oh wait, Transformers: Dark of the Moon has been recently announced, along with X Men: Destiny.
---
First | Previous | Page 127 of 136 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 125 126 127 128 129 ... 134 135 136

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me