Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Tipping topic
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#1 Posted: 14:54:51 01/09/2022 | Topic Creator
Tbh the idea behind tipping has kinda changed. Tipping exists to pay the wages that waitresses and waiters don't get. Or basically jobs that rely on tips to pay. But it seems like nowadays every store with an iPad has a tip button even tho most of the time that means the tip is gonna spread out for the entire staff.

And then there's this weird thing where people have to one up others in tipping to show off that they are better humans. And plus a good number of waiters make way more than me because every table they serve is expected to tip and some tables go above minimum federal wages

Tbh I don't think tipping should be a thing because jobs need to pay their workers like sonic for example pays like 2 bucks and hour and expects people to tip.
Erikatastrophe Green Sparx Gems: 424
#2 Posted: 19:36:22 01/09/2022
You pretty much summed it up with your first post, I'd just like to emphasize that there's practically a whole community, of workers and random people alike, dedicated to shaming people and making them feel like horrible people for not tipping, and that drives me absolutely insane.

Some people don't have the money to tip, and if it's a low enough tip, it's not worth giving. Some people really need to save up every dollar, especially if they order out often, then all that 8-dollar tipping is really going to add up. "sToP oRdErInG oUt So MuCh." Yeah, long story short, some people don't have a choice; no time on their hands, broken equipment, the list goes on...

I just hate it that it's trendy now to make people feel bad over this, it's incredibly stupid and most of all really condescending and big-headed.

It's also not a thing anywhere besides America. Surprise, surprise. You actually not supposed to tip in Japan, as a matter of fact. America should try it.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#3 Posted: 19:44:38 01/09/2022
i made this topic like a month ago boo hoo! but i 100 percent agree with you down with the tip
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
#4 Posted: 19:49:57 01/09/2022
^ Ooh, link me the topic.
---
"You already said that." - Veruca Salt, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#5 Posted: 21:08:17 01/09/2022
I think everyone agrees that today's tipping practices are awful, and we should start paying servers wages and tip when excellent service has been provided...y'know, like how it should have always been. I should clarify, not just wages, but living wages too; but of course, that will never happen, and it sucks. Not just because they can't be paid wages, but because there is no way to ever start it. If we all stop tipping, then those poor servers won't have enough to pay rent or eat.

In order for that change to be made, some brave, generous business owner (sarcastic) will actually pay their servers hourly wages, and we pray it becomes a trend. That or some politician makes a law about it, but I highly doubt either because businesses and politicians already have trouble granting living wages to other types of job classes :/

As for my tipping practices, I only tip when I know they don't make wages, like servers or driving/delivery services. I think the only time I put money in a tip jar is if I'm given coin change that I don't care about, or it's an independent/small business that needs all the money they can get.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
#6 Posted: 21:34:03 01/09/2022
my topic https://forum.darkspyro.net/sp...hp?topic=144963

but ill post my rant from there anyway becomes it still fits

POST BELOW

im sorry it is what is the problem with America

i dont like having to tip someone for service be it food work whatever and i super dont like when people get all antsy and rude when someone calls it out or doesnt want to tip like you are some morally incorrect being for not wanting to or disliking the concept to tip

its a cultural thing particularly an american culture thing which i find stupid in Japan you dont tip you almost never tip you will be frowned on if you do tip and you are obviously a foreigner from america if you do tip even if france you do not tip not at restaurants.

why is america this way

but those minimum wage/ less than minimum wage workers gotta make money somehow you have to tip!

no

i feel no sympathy none zip zero for workers of any kind who get ticked off at customers who dont/dont want to tip who target their annoyance at the customer because quite frankly the problem isnt the customer the problem is the industry and the country for not paying you a livable wage and you as a laborer should not have to ask for tips or get by on those tips

i dont like tip whiners

well if you dont like to tip then you can dont have to eat out just stay home and cook for yourself then there you dont have to tip

look i work hard very hard for the very little money i make and if i want to treat myself for that work pain and stress to a meal out then i have every much of a right to do that as you do to whine about your tip you are not the only one working to make a livable wage or having a tough time you privileged little tip begging whiner i want some french fries delivered to my door because this is my money i get to decide how want to spend it and if it makes me feel better i should have the right to it take your complaint to your boss to your organization to joe biden to the congress to god to jesus to the sun and moon but dont nip at me because i am just as broke as you are and just want a moment of satisfaction same as you by getting some food out

tipping to me is not moral

its cultural and it is something that needs to go away in america and anywhere else that they do it to be replaced by workers being rightfully paid the amounts and salaries that their hard work deserves and the blame for it should be absolutely put on the business and the government or whoever and not continue to pit server against customer in a tip battle over who is right or what

its possible

i just listed 2 of many of and in fact most countries that know how to pay workers better to where tips dont wont make sense or are frowned on so whats the problem america

DISCLAIMER

this household tips in fact we more often than not over tip especially if the server is specifically friendly it doesnt hurt to not be a complete jerk it only makes me want to tip you less if you are a jerk i once tipped i think 12 15 for a 20 dollar meal just because the server was so friendly

so i have the right to complain in fact i probably shouldnt tip because i suppose i just encourage the continued culture of doing it in the first place but sometimes i feel bad when they really are very pretty nice but you know

AND

rant done

dont take this too seriously im just bored lol
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
skylandersfan60 Gold Sparx Gems: 2386
#7 Posted: 22:38:17 01/09/2022
Tipping culture is garbage and spreading outside the US smilie.
#8 Posted: 23:12:39 01/09/2022
^EW TELL THEM TO STOP!
---
#9 Posted: 10:28:13 02/09/2022
Quote: skylandersfan60
Tipping culture is garbage and spreading outside the US smilie.

What countries are picking this up??
---
#10 Posted: 10:33:56 02/09/2022
if it ever starts in japan i will have lost hope for humanity
---
#11 Posted: 20:18:14 04/09/2022
Let's start a new trend where we tip people to stop tipping us. >:-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
---
Thunderdragon14 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8087
#12 Posted: 00:45:57 05/09/2022
i think tipping is stupid and shouldn't be a thing. but people shouldn't let their waitresses/waiters suffer because they don't agree with it. we always tip good. it gives me lil serotonin boost when their face goes from smilie to smilie
---
Quote: Alydol
go back to whining about your fish
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me