Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private)
First | Previous | Page 10 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 48 49 50
Baptism by Lightning (legend of Orion. private) [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8617
#451 Posted: 23:42:27 20/10/2019 | Topic Creator
“Feel more comfortable?” Shade said. He then noticed she was drawing him. “Oh? Are you drawing me?” He asked curious.
---
SC
darknessdawn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1476
#452 Posted: 00:07:23 21/10/2019
Mischief nodded in a simple response. Then she turned the book to show him. The drawing, while clearly incomplete, was very clearly of Shade. She turned the book back and resumed drawing, shifting a bit so Shade could watch if he wanted. Every little while she'd look back at Shade, studying him, before continuing. After getting the basic sketch, she scribbled down notes, in a rather messy scrawl that was just barely legible to others. The notes were a basic description of Shade's personality. Nice, friendly, likes being pet. Kinda like a giant puppy. Then she started adding details, using magick if she made any errors. It quickly went from sketch to highly accurate drawing, likely due in no small part to the enchantments on her quill. "There! See? It's you!" There was a sketch of the Zorua standing on all fours for scale, as well.
---
Dark is not Evil, and Light is not Good.
Star the Zoroark at your disservice.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#453 Posted: 00:18:59 21/10/2019
Angora glanced at Latnok and could see the look on his face. For once, it didn't seem like anger... just extreme annoyance. Seriously, from all the places of this big ship, with a size that looked like could fit a small town, why choose this place to discuss an important topic? Angora started to believe once more that was just another lame excuse to keep an eye on her. She felt sorry for Veris for having to stand such a crowd, putting pressure in his enclosure. She didn't know what Darkeart tried with that face, but at least she was far more hospitable than Latnok.
"Yes sir." she answered Latnok, hoping that was enough to satisfy him, even though she believed it impossible at this point. She felt like throwing up at her own respect to a person who kept treating her bad despite how much she tried.
"Here you go boy. Even warmed it up a little to make it go smoothly." Angora said, with far more care and love in her voice than when she addressed to Latnok, almost as if another personality has taken over. She threw the meat into the air right in front of his snout, waiting for him to make his famous disappearing act before leaving immediately. She felt like she could just scream her lungs out. This was suppose to be a gentle and secret farewell, but no, Latnok and a bunch of others just had to be there in the precise moment she was going to say her goodbyes to the dear wyvern...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#454 Posted: 00:40:38 21/10/2019 | Topic Creator
“Oh wow! Looks just like me!” Shade said. He gently nuzzled her. “If you want you can hop on my head to get a better view of things if you want.”
---
SC
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#455 Posted: 00:00:23 22/10/2019
Veris graciously took the offering, snatching it up in midair before making it disappear down his gullet in a matter of seconds. He gave Angora a satisfied - though somewhat surprised - look before settling back down. He didn't know what he did to deserve the extra food, but he wouldn't complain.
Latnok didn't think anything in particular of the feeding, getting right back to the topic of Raclaw and Darkheart.
"Well, that seems to be rather easy, then. Just... keep that in mind," Latnok said to Darkheart, not sure on how to proceed with the situation from there. "So as long as you don't try to cause any trouble while you're here, we'll get along just fine."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#456 Posted: 00:23:17 22/10/2019
Darkheart's eyes narrowed briefly at Latnok's words. She forced herself not to verbally lash out. "Yes, sir." she responded, putting possibly too much emphasis on the sir. It didn't sound quite sarcastic, just very forceful. And yet you treat Angora like garbage... She gave Angora a vaguely apologetic look before returning her attention to Latnok. Shadows coiled briefly around her for no reason anyone could see. "I foresee no problems between us..." She shifted. "So long as you also respect me, there shouldn't be any trouble. And the fact you're giving me this chance... I'm grateful for it..." Her careful, formal wording would've alerted those who knew her well enough that she was stressing about something. The shadows that twisted around her tangled into a ball of solidified darkness, which she quietly batted back and forth, in catlike fashion.
Mischief wiggled happily. Taking advantage of Shade nosing at her, she placed her paws up and, with agility nearly defying physics, hopped onto his head. "Oh, wow! I already see more! An island that way, and water everywhere! I bet if you raised your head I could grab the clouds! They can't be that far from your height!" Her tail wagged rapidly as she held back excited yipping and calling. She was practically vibrating with excitement! She'd touch the sky itself! Being less than knowledgeable about the details of physics and the atmosphere, she figured she'd reach out and grab a piece of cloud as a souvenir.
---
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8593
#457 Posted: 00:24:18 22/10/2019
Raclaw looked at Latnok-- seeing the Guardian's uncertainty in how to proceed --before looking at Darkheart and knowing that the mated dragoness would surely want to know more. "If.. If you have any questions, please don't be afraid to ask. You have the right to want to know and to receive nothing but the absolute truth.," he then said in a gentle-but-firm tone as if to reassure that it was okay to ask questions. Afterall... they would be a family now-- he, Latnok, Chester, and Darkheart. If Darkheart was to be his mate, than they couldn't hide anything from her. He could tell that Darkheart was stressed about something, but couldn't quite pinpoint what at that particular moment.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:27:54 22/10/2019 by redwes
#458 Posted: 00:47:08 22/10/2019 | Topic Creator
“Hehe if I could fly yes you could.” He said raising his head.
---
SC
#459 Posted: 01:04:42 22/10/2019
Angora went to the same corner as before, resisting the urge to scream, so instead, she slapped her own wrist. She was pouting, and with watery eyes.
"Why? Why did they have to be there? Especially... him? I... I can't leave without saying goodbye. Veris... he will hate me if I leave all of the sudden like that, won't he? And if Sere doesn't know I left, he'll probably be without food for a long time. I know you may think it's strange and silly for caring so much about... someone like him. But he... he helped me. He was the only one who ever cared... back then. Before I befriended Shady. Before Maverick appeared in my life again, Veris was the only one that cared. When the Guardians we're bringing me down... over and over and over again, even though I already had the pressure of having to fight Darkmatter, he was the only one who consoled me. Raclaw tried... but... Latnok wouldn't let him. Veris, even with his master hating me, he cared. He was the only one brave enough to care, with the Guardians still being there..." Angora said, grasping the orb, in such a state of despair that while she wanted to avoid it, she couldn't help but cry. She has held on for as much as she could, but all the sorrow she has been burying accumulated to the point of reaching the breaking point at that very moment. How she wished some creature could kidnap her, or anything that could make her leave that place without her being the cause. She was so tired of everything. She sat in that corner to cry with what seemed to be an eternity. She couldn't do it. Veris was just too special for her. She couldn't leave out of the blue like that...

Back at the main deck, Maverick was being as helpful as he could, ocasionally stuck in some silly bantering with the other sailors. He worked hard, and finally earned respect. How he wished it could be the same to Angora. Thinking about her in that moment, and he felt very sad, more than usual in fact. But spotting Shade with Mischief though, brightened his day. His large friend was finally making another friend.
---
#460 Posted: 10:05:13 22/10/2019
Darkheart remained utterly silent for several seconds before nodding softly. "Ok, question: How will we arrange housing? We do need to figure that out sometime."
Mischief pawed at the air, vaguely confused. "The clouds! They're STILL out of reach! How far up could they be?! Maybe if I can... Stretch just a... Little more..." She stretched as far as she could. Naturally, the clouds remained out of reach despite her best efforts. But that didn't stop the stubborn little fox from trying.
---
#461 Posted: 22:55:28 22/10/2019
Raclaw blinked-- not expecting Darkheart to immediately resort to such a question. His mate wasn't lying; they would eventually have to figure out such a thing. However, he had been expecting one of multiple possible questions such as his exact circumstances with/under Latnok as well as the collar itself.
---
#462 Posted: 22:56:00 22/10/2019
The voice in the orb, once calm, was now permeated with a tinge of urgency. "Time is short. We must move quickly - and yet you would put aside this better world for the sake of an animal? We will be able to provide you with many like it. Think about your own future. How much have you endured, only to have the opportunity to make things right? The time is now. We must move quickly. You possess the power to affect great change - pray do the right thing, for you and many others." The orb didn't completely dim, making it clear that it was still awaiting a response from the holder.

"Living? Of course you'll be staying in the pen here, since-" Latnok stopped when he realized that there was more to the whole living arrangement deal than the current environment. The two being a mated pair means they would be staying together for... presumably a while.
"Well. You will probably be too big to comfortably fit in any of the barracks rooms we have back at our base," Latnok noted, a hand brought to his chin in contemplation. "But if you need to stay with Raclaw... that means I will have to move somewhere to accommodate that. Such an environment would likely not be a city one - the nearest cities would be in Aelinon territory, and going through the hassle of having a dragon like yourself there... not worth it. So, that leaves us a more rural environment... we'd... have to sort out that whole deal as we go along." Latnok had never had to actually think about others' living arrangements before - the only concern he had ever had was his own, and all he had ever needed was a place where he wouldn't freeze in the winter or desiccate in the summer.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#463 Posted: 23:52:07 22/10/2019
Angora was shocked with the response. She expected understanding and comprehension, and maybe some consolation, yet she met with impatience. After everything that has happened, she couldn't believe the individual in the orb could be that cold.
"Sir... perhaps you don't know it, but that animal showed me more love than his own owners, the humans. And what about me? How do you think people have seen me? Maverick is the only human who has ever showed me some love, and he isn't even entirely human. The pure ones... the rest of them, what do you think they have done to me? Animals have treated me far better than them, and Veris is no exception. Why such a hurry sir? You told me to take my time, and you can't even let me say goodbye to my dear friend, even if he's just... an animal like you said?" Angora said calmly, but with a hint of sten determination. Angora herself has been considered an animal, sometimes even lower than that, so she couldn't understand why this individual wanted to 'help' her, a troll so much, and couldn't even let her fulfill such a simple action, or worse, why so against it. She wanted happiness. She had considered the offer, but now she was starting to question if following his instruction was the right choice. Angora rejected the offer once, even though she had completely forgotten why, but perhaps she was finally starting to see the reason...
---
#464 Posted: 00:14:52 23/10/2019 | Topic Creator
Shade smiled. “Hehe those clouds are much higher than the ship itself. I would fly you up there if I could but unfortunately I cannot under my punishment.”
---
SC
#465 Posted: 00:56:16 23/10/2019
The orb lit up again, its voice somewhat more urging than previously.
"You have many friends awaiting you here - and you have great things to do. Surely the friendship of an animal is not worth sacrificing so much? That abominable creature on the ship seeks to work against us - we must act before he has a chance to do so. Come, now; you will never be lonely again. Do you want another animal like the wyvern? We have the capability to provide one for you - just like him, if you so desire. Do not let some animal who would eat you, given the chance, deter you from doing great things for yourself and many people. Show the Guardians that you are far more capable of what they believe you to be." The orb continued to glow softly, and thrummed faintly as it awaited a response from Angora.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#466 Posted: 01:18:25 23/10/2019
Now Angora was more confused than ever. Despite denying it to herself many times that she didn't want the Guardian's approval anymore, she still wanted to show them she was capable of so much more. Sere at least seemed that he was finally valuing her, but Latnok was still the same, abusive jerk he has always been. He wanted nothing more than to teach him a lesson... but was this really the way?
"Veris would never eat me! Not even if I ordered him to!" Angora said, rather indignified that he would suggest that. If Sere ordered it however, she still wondered.
"Besides, another wyvern... it... it wouldn't be the same. Also, Sere is already starting to appreciate me. As for Latnok... well, he's hopeless. It's Shady I'm worried about sir. I may not understand how this new world of yours works, but I just want all of my friends safe. Is this really the only way?" Angora asked, knowing that the more conversation, the more she was stalling. But that was precisely her intention. Deep inside, she didn't want to do this, not anymore. This not-as-benevolent-as-she-thought host of hers was freaking her out. One way or another, she had to find out his real intentions. She had to test him...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:58:47 23/10/2019 by Felines
#467 Posted: 01:45:43 23/10/2019
The orb delayed for a moment before proceeding, as if constructing a statement.
"When we are done... the collar will no longer burden the creature known as Shade. No one, be they Guardian or Aelinonian, will ever be capable of hurting him again - and you will never have to worry about him hurting anyone. Is this not what you are looking for?
"The hybrid will be safe with us - he need only come with you. As for his beloved... the upheaval may... cause her to have some doubts, but she too may be brought to see the way by the hybrid. You cannot afford to tarry while there are those who seek to rob you and others of what is rightfully deserved!"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#468 Posted: 02:12:56 23/10/2019
Angora felt rather sad. She wanted everything he was offering, but she wished there could've been a better way.
"I... ok sir. I'll... go find Maverick." Angora finally said, believing there was nothing else she could talk about. She felt devastated about the fact that she couldn't even say goodbye to dear Veris. If only that stupid Latnok hadn't been there. The wyvern was probably going to hate her for it, but she was so sick and tired of having to withstand the misery and humiliations she constantly suffered on that ship and other places. She already did much for many, now it was time to think about herself and her friends. They in particular, deserved better. She first looked for Maverick in the cabin, imagining he wasn't there but still needing to look at that room one last time. She took off her robe, contemplating it and remembering how Maverick made that out of blankets from there. She also thought about Veris, and how her last memory of him would be seeing him with Latnok and his group, but it was a happy memory nevertheless. Him making his food disappear in a swift way, as she always remembered him. She was thinking of writing a letter to Sere before heading off, so that he would know she wasn't going to be there anymore and avoid the wyvern from spending too much time without food before anyone knew she was missing.

When she put the robe on again, the orb fell off the pocket and rolled right below the bed. Angora was in such a hurry she left the room and closed the door immediately after. How could she not hear it? How could she forget her beloved orb? Was she really that distracted? There was a very good reason. Angora headed to the main deck, ready to head to the island... or was she?
---
#469 Posted: 05:41:57 23/10/2019
Darkheart couldn't help a slightly mischievous smirk crossing her expression briefly. She wasn't used to seeing Latnok flustered, surprised, and such. "I suppose I'm not surprised nobody's thought of this. But we can work it out as we go along. All right..." She found herself unable to think of any questions... Then something occurred to her. She looked at Raclaw, then at Latnok, then Raclaw again. "Why exactly are you two so inseparable? What am I missing that so powerfully binds you two together? I've seen humans and dragons become allies and even friends, but this is beyond that. You two rarely separate if you have any choice." Her eyes settled on Latnok as she gave him a look of first suspicion before shifting to plain confusion.
Mischief took a moment to process the second half. "Wow, you'd have to fly... Wait, 'punishment'?! For what?!" She was so shocked when it finally processed she nearly fell. "I can't imagine you even stealing a sweetroll! Much less anything to get more than a small fine!"
---
#470 Posted: 06:30:07 23/10/2019
As much as Latnok wanted to chastise Darkheart for her expression, he realized that Raclaw probably wouldn't take such a thing very well. Besides, it was in good humor... right?
Then came the question.
"Why?" He gave Darkheart a pondering look as he contemplated where to start - or what he should reveal.
"Well, do we really need a reason? The important thing is that it works for us." Latnok couldn't immediately come up with an appropriate answer, so threw out the answer to stall as he consulted with Raclaw.
"So... how much do you think we should tell her?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#471 Posted: 06:42:35 23/10/2019
Raclaw briefly stared at Darkheart and then at Latnok again before answering after several seconds. "If she is to be my mate, than she deserves to know the truth-- the whole truth. I know it's not easy to admit, but she deserves that much at least.," he then responded to Latnok's mental message. He didn't even care too much if the nearby Veris and/or Angora overheard the long overdue explanation; what was fact.. was fact. And there was no use in hiding it from Darkheart. No-- he wouldn't hide anything from Darkheart, although he would be prepared to help calm her down if she overreacted to the new information. There was only one way to find out...
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:44:16 23/10/2019 by redwes
#472 Posted: 10:16:50 23/10/2019 | Topic Creator
“I’ve done very bad things in my past I’d rather forget. I am trying to redeem myself to once more be free.” Shade said.
---
SC
#473 Posted: 11:53:34 23/10/2019
While Latnok and Raclaw conversed, Darkheart's response to the evasive answer was a suspicious look, her eyes narrowing. "You're hiding something, and I seek it. Speak. Tell me. I desire the truth." She disliked how Latnok was hiding... Something from her. What secret could he be worried about?
Mischief nearly fell off again with a gasp. "You're kidding, right? You don't seem like the type who'd ever willingly hurt someone!"
---
#474 Posted: 15:10:58 23/10/2019
"Don't leave anything out-- we had our reasons and that will speak for itself.," Raclaw empathized again to Latnok via their shared thoughts. Yes, he was an owned dragon and an potential 'pet' for life. However, this wasn't a bad thing and there was proper motivation behind his willingly choosing to become such a thing. Chester looked to Darkheart and lowered his ears.. unable to listen in onto the mental conversation but having an idea on the source of conflict none the less.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:11:44 23/10/2019 by redwes
#475 Posted: 18:55:16 23/10/2019
Angora went to the main deck, leaving the orb where it was. But did she forget? There was a very good reason for her action. Though the orb, the individual could spy on her, so she pretended the orb fell so that she could do the next step. Banewood, he was still around, though Angora couldn't tell if he was still talking to Sere or if he was about to leave.
"We need to talk after you're done..." she said telepathically, not knowing if Sere would intercept the message, but it didn't matter. She would glance at Banewood so he would know who sent the message.

From behind her, Maverick gave her a hug.
"Hey Angorita! Where were you? With Veris? I missed you. That wyvern is surely keeping you occupied, isn't he?" Maverick said in playful conversation, though Angora was too distracted to follow along. She did returned the greeting however, and while Maverick's presence was always welcomed, she had a very important matter to attend to. Maverick could tell Angora was up to something. She apologized for not spending time with him right now, but after she does what she needs to do, she was going to spend as much time as she could with him. After all, he had Ilasi now, and their times together were more limited than before.
---
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#476 Posted: 20:03:48 23/10/2019
Quote: Felines

Back at Redwater, Huntress had a lousy sleep. After the surviving assasin's arrest, she rented a room in an inn quite far from the frontier. She needed to get away from that place for a while. She barely slept that night. What was she suppose to do now? Should she inform the king about this murder attempt? But the poor man was so overworked, now more than ever, so she couldn't possibly bother him with something like this, even if it was serious. She and Seraos were almost childhood friends, and if it wasn't for the fact that he was a busy price back then, they would've hung out many times. But this was her problem. She had to find a solution somehow. She even considered bodyguards, but that would be too humiliating. She had a pride and reputation to protect... but she wouldn't have none of that without her life. What now? What should she do? Dex... it was all his fault...

The elf woman had followed Huntress, but knew that it would have been stupid to go to talk with her before the night had gone. So She had rented a room from the same inn. Now She thought was a good time. She knocked to the door where Huntress was. ” I am alone. You dont know me but I have no weapons and I have come to talk with you. I saw what happend with those murderes, and I have problems with them also” She said from behind the door.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#477 Posted: 20:13:56 23/10/2019
After failing to gather any information in the black market, Huntress returned to the inn for some refreshment. She didn't know she was followed yesterday, given she had too much on her head, which was an embarrassment since she was suppose to be alert now more than ever. She was thinking of checking in again if she couldn't do anything else today. It was then that the clerk approached her.
"Excuse me young miss, some lady came here looking for you. She left before I could tell her you weren't here anymore." he explained, with Huntress starting to worry again, but if it was another assasin, she was going to be ready this time.

With permission, Huntress went to the room she had last night, and found the elf woman right there.
"Who are you? What do you want?" she demanded to know, ready to get violent if given no other choice...
---
#478 Posted: 20:39:30 23/10/2019
The elf woman looked very scared ” I am so Sorry, I just saw what happend yesterday with those murderers and thought........that we could maybe help eachother. I do have a problem with them also, and if they attacked you like that......” She said clearly still very afraid

Back at the black market things where happening fast. The new Alliance was taking controll and made sure every possible connection with the brotherhood was cut. The dwarf from earlier had been, but in charge of the Alliance in Redwater by Dex.
One of his men came to him ” Sir I am Sorry, but it looks like the one we helped earlier was here some time ago.”
”What How did we miss that...... Damn we could have made alot of things more clear to her. Our leader thinks She would be very helpfull in fight against The brotherhood. And atleast it seems like that after they attacked her so fast after the invasion on other lands. Well we promised that we would not take contact to her, so Thats what we do. If we get the brotherhood out of this city that should make things easier, and She also should be safe from them”. The Dwarf answered
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#479 Posted: 21:20:06 23/10/2019 | Topic Creator
“I didn’t mean to harm all those people. I lost control of my powers.” Shade said. “I’m here because they gave me another chance to redeem myself.”
---
SC
#480 Posted: 21:41:59 23/10/2019
Maverick could see Angora glancing at Banewood many times, and thought she was afraid of him. She assured him that wasn't it, and confessed she wanted to talk to him. She didn't give details, reason or even the fact that the orb talked to her, but Angora promised Maverick she will explain later.

Quote: cyndego
The elf woman looked very scared ” I am so Sorry, I just saw what happend yesterday with those murderers and thought........that we could maybe help eachother. I do have a problem with them also, and if they attacked you like that......” She said clearly still very afraid

Huntress didn't believed her, but played along.
"Alright, so what is their problem with us? Why do they want to kill us?" Huntress said, the woman seeing as a simple witness rather than someone who would be a target. She went to the black market earlier with a hood to avoid being recognized, but if Dex's men were there, then probably neither were they, but based on what the dwarf said yesterday, the market was dangerous now. Huntress wasn't going to leave anything by chance. And if there was a tiny chance this elf woman could help her, she was going to take it.
---
#481 Posted: 21:55:08 23/10/2019
”Well I dont know why they would target you. I just saw what happend, and because of that I thought they must be after you as Well as me. I am just a smuggler, nothing to big. They are after me because I was not ready to work for them. But I can not do anything against them by myself, but maybe if we work together with a plan we might be able to do something. How much do you know about them? I have got some information and ofcourse i can tell you about it.” The elf said clearly bit more relaxed then before
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:55:45 23/10/2019 by cyndego
#482 Posted: 22:05:36 23/10/2019
Latnok gave a shrug and a sigh in the face of further pressing. "You see Raclaw's collar? It is the medium for a rather powerful bond between us," he explained. "This bond allows us to colaborate in ways that wouldn't be possible for other humans and dragons. And that is the most importan part of it - mutual collaboration and camaraderie." Latnok would answer any further details if asked, but provided the most relevant details for now."

Banewood and Sere had exited the inner ship, speaking of some of the finer details in their plan. Banewood had detected a powerful source radiating magical energy some miles away; likely either the Scepter of Storms or the Void Locator. Interfering with either artifact would allow them to buy time for the next steps. Time was of the essence.
Banewood had just finished his conversation with Sere, and was headed off the ship, when he received a telepathic message - from an unfamiliar source. A quick glance and some focus would identify the source as a miniscule troll - who, from what he knew, had a bit of history on the ship, much of it unpleasant. Regardless, he stepped off to the side instead, awaiting the new vistor. "Speak your business to me," he telepathed to her.
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:34:08 23/10/2019 by A Guy
#483 Posted: 23:31:57 23/10/2019
Banewood, despite his appearance, had a rather polite tone of voice. It was strange, yet somewhat soothing. Maybe it was because she was touchy, but she was nevertheless glad he didn't answer in such a rough way. She wanted a conversation in private with their own voices, but she started with the telepathy, and what she had to say was too important.
"Is it true? You want to stop... these people from their goals of a better world? Why would you want to stop something like that? Is... there a reason?" Angora asked, as sincere as her inner, telepathic voice could muster. She has suspected from the beginning that changing the whole world just like that and making it peaceful seemed like too much, likely impossible without some form of twisted magic, so now that she had heard a side, she needed to hear the side against it...

Quote: cyndego
”Well I dont know why they would target you. I just saw what happend, and because of that I thought they must be after you as Well as me. I am just a smuggler, nothing to big. They are after me because I was not ready to work for them. But I can not do anything against them by myself, but maybe if we work together with a plan we might be able to do something. How much do you know about them? I have got some information and ofcourse i can tell you about it.” The elf said clearly bit more relaxed then before

Huntress invited her to the cafeteria to talk more comfortably. The elf woman didn't seem dangerous, but Huntress didn't lower her guard nevertheless.
"Alright, what can you tell me? Why are they after me?" she asked, although she had a pretty good idea why. She hunted Blue for a long time, but failed miserably, although if they were pursuing her,mperhaps it was because she was once close? She doubted Blue's existence, though the attempt on her life yesterday was no fantasy.
---
#484 Posted: 00:12:05 24/10/2019
Banewood tilted his head a little, giving Angora a curious look, though it would be hard to discern through his wooden visage. He took a seat on the deck, patting the ground to urge Angora to do the same.
"It would seem the Ishulgites have been in touch with you. Undoubtedly with promises of a better world. I have heard some of your history - and you are the exact kind of person they would look for. Much to offer, little to lose... but what they very seldom seem to explain is the cost of all of this. How much has already been paid, and how much more there will be to pay..."
Though he had just a momentary pause, Banewood went right back to speaking telepathically. Between his wooden expression and his telepathy, it was very difficult to get a read of his emotion on any particular thing through anything other than his wording.
[i]"To understand my reasons, it may help to understand my background. I was a person interested in nothing but progress. There was so much of the world we didn't know about - and I figured that the more we learned, the more we would be able to improve the world. To this end, I took every opportunity I could to learn - and to experiment. Knowledge without practicality is worthless.
"One day, I received a contact - Apothis was his name - who offered me the opportunity to do much work with him involving living beings - an opportunity I gladly accepted. The experiments were reasonable at first. Some of them became somewhat questionable, though nothing involving sapient beings. Through a combination of knowledge and magic, we were able to create the prototype of creatures which could be specialized for certain purposes, and were unquestionably loyal. These creatures lacked sapience - but they didn't stop there. Soon, these experiments expanded into the application of this onto sapient species which were historically loathe to cooperate with others. I knew these fell well into the range of taboo, but in my thirst for knowledge, I nevertheless obliged.
"Apothis always spoke to me of reforming the world. Before, I had thought we shared similar goals, of using magic and science to improve things - but eventually, I learned the truth, when he sought to induct me into the ranks of the Ishulgites. If I had paid more attention, I would have seen the signs - how he seemed to become more and more mad - but I knew what I was doing was wrong, and I was much too committed to it and the end result before I had the sense to stop.
"We worked together purely on a peer-to-peer basis - I was unaware of the religious movement he was founding, using our combined research as a base. I was unaware of where he was getting the magic to power much of our experiments - from a divine source. Him being a drow, I expected him to be proficient in nature magic, but I could not begin to comprehend what resources he had access to.
"I was reluctant to accept his offer - and though he had tried to convince me for a while, he knew that my conscience and my obligations to others could eventually win out in the end. We had a confrontation; we both inflicted severe wounds on each other. In order to keep myself alive, I chose to take on this parasitic wood in order to maintain myself; I do not know what happened to Apothis, though I know better than to believe he hasn't recovered. By then, it was too late; he already had much of my knowledge; and with that knowledge, he managed to pull a most valuable life form far from the archipelago to further facilitate the development of the Ishulgites.
"From there, I took advantage of one of the perks of this form; the effects the wood has on my mind keep it in a state which makes reading or tracking it impossible for the masterminds - big, fleshy blobs with many eyes with powerful sensory and telepathic capabilities. This gave me freedom to move against the Ishulgites - and uncover the truth. They thrive on planning - but they could not account for me like they could many others."
Banewood paused for any potential questions from Angora.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#485 Posted: 02:06:22 24/10/2019
Mischief seemed stunned at the familiar situation. She suddenly flashed back to learning a dangerous spell, creating a powerful explosion of pure dark energy. After misfiring several times, she had blacked out. When she came to, she was informed that she'd not only mastered the spell but passed the dueling phase of the lesson as well. Neither of which she had recollection of. She started shaking, remembering how her classmates looked at her with mixed fear and admiration. One student outright asked if her eyes always turned yellow when she got serious. It was her first clue she had to her other personality. One she was loathe to acknowledge. And in an incident she usually blocked from her memory. Fur standing on end, she looked down at Shade. "I've suffered something similar, once... I nearly killed a classmate, according to what my instructors at the Academy said... Everyone was scared of me after that, but admired quote-unquote 'my' power. It was the first clue I had of the... Other me. I hold her back, but that collar Raclaw wears is overflowing with something both personalities have use for. Mana, the fuel for magick. So long as I'm not alone and avoid letting temptation get the better of me, I'm generally fine... But it helps me understand your burden... How long until you regain your freedom?"
Darkheart's eyes narrowed suspiciously. "What is it you aren't telling me? I understand the value of friends, though I've never had many. But that collar isn't just of interest to me. That little pup, the one who looks so much like Star did... She is intrigued by it, mentioned... Mana, I think. She said she wanted it, a lot. Do either of you know why?" She tilted her head. She was curious.
---
#486 Posted: 02:16:29 24/10/2019
Angora's head felt like it was going to explode. Why couldn't Banewood be a little more simple in his answer? Why did he had to elaborate so much in his own life instead of answering? He reminded her of the talkative Digi. She needed some time to process everything he said before talking again.
"So... this better world, it will have too many consecuences, won't it? And why me? Why did they contacted me?" Angora said, keeping it simple since she was still processing too much. She started to wonder if Apothis and Shepherd were the same person. The latter didn't seem like a name. If what Banewood said was true, it meant that not only was her mysterious host was going to do something drastic for his ideals, but that the reason for contacting her was because her despair and desperation made her an easy target for manipulation. It was something that angered her to no end. However, she wasn't ready to believe Banewood just yet. She had to know if he was telling the truth, if she was choosing the right side, and if this wooden being was indeed telling the truth, she had to plan what to do next. If she followed the orb's instructions and brought Maverick and herself inland, far away from the Guardians and the ship's protection, there was no telling what would be done to them, if in fact their benevolence and desire to help was all a façade.
---
#487 Posted: 04:29:43 24/10/2019
Quote:
Darkheart's eyes narrowed suspiciously. "What is it you aren't telling me? I understand the value of friends, though I've never had many. But that collar isn't just of interest to me. That little pup, the one who looks so much like Star did... She is intrigued by it, mentioned... Mana, I think. She said she wanted it, a lot. Do either of you know why?" She tilted her head. She was curious.

"I.. I can answer that one.," Raclaw said with a nod looking at both Latnok and Darkheart. "This collar, as Latnok partly explained, is no originary collar and processes stored energy from my past. For the first 16 years of my life-- before I met Latnok and the Guardians proper --the collar limited and stored my energy, both keeping my than caretakers safe and allowing me to access that stored energy upon the unofficial 'unlocking' of my collar. What Mischief is sensing, desiring, and subsequently calling mana is likely that stored energy. I or theorially others if they got ahold of the collar.. can draw upon that energy and supplement my own natural energy.," he then said then realising just how much of a tempting target the collar could represent to such a mana user. He internally thought of his own 'lock' command, a collar command usable only by himself (and Damon) that would hide his collar's buckle and thus render it physically and permanently irremovable until either he or his collar entity released the command. The visible buckle was, however, one of the few things that differentiated his own 'pet' collar from that of Shade's prisoner collar and at least implied that he had some choice in the matter.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:30:41 24/10/2019 by redwes
#488 Posted: 04:47:32 24/10/2019
Darkheart's eyes widened. "You've got sixteen years worth of energy in there?! No wonder it intrigues her. All magic is fueled by energy. How much energy a creature has is directly correlated to size and species. Dragons have particularly high levels, for example. I suspect she would burn off half her natural magic with even a fairly simple spell... Wait a second. How did she find out about the collar storing it?" She gave Latnok a suspicious look that swept to Raclaw. "You can't SEE magical energy, not with the naked eye."
---
#489 Posted: 05:20:21 24/10/2019
Maverick didn't know how to distract Angora from whatever stressful thoughts she had, so when he glanced at Shade and Mischief bonding, he figured that would make her day. Her friend and little protégée getting along so well. But when he went to find her again, she wasn't in the same place as before. She was with... the creature? What were they doing? Their lips weren't moving, so he had no idea what was going on there. He knew about telepathy and that Angora could do it, but it wasn't something that crossed his mind. Even so, Angora didn't seem afraid of him, so that was good. He did other things around the ship while he waited for Angora to be done...
---
#490 Posted: 18:35:15 24/10/2019
”Well it seems like there is two groups that go against eachother. The one is lead by someone named Blue, but I have no idea who he really is. The other group seems like they are lead by someone named Dex. It seems like he has in fact been here, and I am much more sure that he is really somebody then this Blue person. In last few months they have been against eachother all the time. They both have wanted me to work with them and them only. And because i have said no, both groups have threaten to kill me. Why they are after you, I dont know. But clearly you have something they want to eliminate or make their own too.Do you know anything about those groups or those leaders?” The elf said with clear desperation and took a sip of her drink.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:37:09 24/10/2019 by cyndego
#491 Posted: 20:30:20 24/10/2019
Huntress felt like throwing up when she heard the name Blue. There was that name again, returning to haunt her, threatening her peace of mind and sanity again. And Dex, yet another name she wished she never heard again. But something else strike her as odd.
"You said both will kill anyone who doesn't join?" she asked, not making any sense. One group just saved her. They wouldn't have if they wanted her dead too.
"But that matter aside, I have met with this Dex before. Talked about Blue many times. What do you think they want from us? It's so hard to be left alone these days." Huntress said, venting a little, in a calm voice but clearly tense. Meeting Dex had been nothing but trouble for her. The king and Aelinon were already too busy with the Silvianestri to pay attention to these groups seemingly out to kill each other and anyone who didn't support their cause...
---
#492 Posted: 21:41:54 24/10/2019
Banewood's expression remained as blank and unreadable as before, betraying none of his emotions. "From the information I've been given, you have had quite the connection to Orion," he offered. [i]"And from what I was able to find out, all indications show that the god Ishulgu had banished himself from the world in order to avoid interfering with it - yet the Ishulgites have still managed to figure out how to draw power from him, and seem intent on summoning him. I don't for a moment believe they're stupid - and from what they mention of this god serving the people, I suspect that they intend to either control him directly, or force his cooperation somehow.
"Now, if they had a vessel like yourself, who has been so deeply connected with Orion? See what they have been able to do with just residual energy from his presence - they have been able to completely subdue his influence in parts of the world. Now, if they had a stronger vessel? Who's to say that they won't be able to draw upon Orion's power, just like Ishulgu? Granted, this is all speculation - but it is the best hypothesis I can offer based on the information I have.
"Now, as to where I was previously. The Ishulgites have thrived off of the despair and suffering of others. Such emotions lend to drawing more followers to their ranks. I have recently learned of the great war back on the continent you have come from. Such an event is something which will undoubtedly empower them - those with nothing else to lose... those whose backs are to the wall... those who have lost loved ones... those who have lost faith in their own government... all of those open people up to look for a better solution, which the Ishulgites have been more than happy to offer. Such a war has certainly had unfortunate timing, with how the group has grown in power recently. Based on what I have learned from Godfather Sere lately, everything seems to be lining up for them to finally reveal themselves to the rest of the world, which they have so thoroughly entrenched themselves in."
Banewood stopped, seemingly awaiting any further questions from Angora before continuing.

Latnok gave a simple shrug in response to Darkheart's inquiry. "Some of us more dedicated practitioners of magic are able to locate strong sources of magical energy," he answered. "I don't know this Mischief's capabilities - but I would hope she is at least a tiny bit competent with magic. Granted, if such a thing is an issue, we do have measures to counteract it."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#493 Posted: 21:52:05 24/10/2019
”Well Thats the way it seems to me.” The elf said ”You have met this Dex before?” The elf continued with a surprised voice.... ” Then we know he is real atleast”...... After a short brake She continued again ”Something has to be done, or people like us can not rest in this city. What do you think is this Dex person better then the other one? Or should we do something against them, atleast in their case we know we can find them. I might be able to get some people to join us if needed. We are not the only ones effected by this you know. What do you think?” She said with a thoughtfull voice
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#494 Posted: 22:15:37 24/10/2019
While Huntress hated the predicament, she knew she was stuck. Her life was threatened yesterday, and it was likely not going to be the first time if the conflict between Blue and Dex's societies continue. She and the elf woman were caught between the crossfire, and they could die if nothing was done.
"This group, they know we are in Redwater. While leaving the city could be an option, we would be more exposed if we left it. I have connection. I have the government on my side and my own skills, so even if they know we are here, it will be more difficult for them to strike us. Not that it stopped them of course. They were bold enough to attempt on my life at the border, right under the soldier's noses. We're clearly dealing with a group who don't care about their own lives, or even their freedom, so we won't be able to do this alone. We need bodyguards. We need to put warnings everywhere. So that the other people who are being targeted they are not alone. These societies are after us, so, we will create a society of our own in order to keep each other safe until this madness end on it's own, or at least until the Sivianestri war is over and we can have Aelinonian's full support." Huntress suggested, loathing the idea of bodyguards, but it was their lives on the line. Pride had to be left behind if they hoped to increase the chances of survival. Huntress had no doubts the Silvianestri war will be won soon, and as soon as that happened, Aelinon will be free to deal with this new problem.

Quote: A Guy
Banewood's expression remained as blank and unreadable as before, betraying none of his emotions. "From the information I've been given, you have had quite the connection to Orion," he offered. [i]"And from what I was able to find out, all indications show that the god Ishulgu had banished himself from the world in order to avoid interfering with it - yet the Ishulgites have still managed to figure out how to draw power from him, and seem intent on summoning him. I don't for a moment believe they're stupid - and from what they mention of this god serving the people, I suspect that they intend to either control him directly, or force his cooperation somehow.
"Now, if they had a vessel like yourself, who has been so deeply connected with Orion? See what they have been able to do with just residual energy from his presence - they have been able to completely subdue his influence in parts of the world. Now, if they had a stronger vessel? Who's to say that they won't be able to draw upon Orion's power, just like Ishulgu? Granted, this is all speculation - but it is the best hypothesis I can offer based on the information I have.
"Now, as to where I was previously. The Ishulgites have thrived off of the despair and suffering of others. Such emotions lend to drawing more followers to their ranks. I have recently learned of the great war back on the continent you have come from. Such an event is something which will undoubtedly empower them - those with nothing else to lose... those whose backs are to the wall... those who have lost loved ones... those who have lost faith in their own government... all of those open people up to look for a better solution, which the Ishulgites have been more than happy to offer. Such a war has certainly had unfortunate timing, with how the group has grown in power recently. Based on what I have learned from Godfather Sere lately, everything seems to be lining up for them to finally reveal themselves to the rest of the world, which they have so thoroughly entrenched themselves in."
Banewood stopped, seemingly awaiting any further questions from Angora before continuing.

Once again, Angora had much to process, though this time, she paid more attention. It was indignant and humiliating the way they wanted to use her, if it turns out Banewood was telling the truth. However, there was still much she didn't understand.
"But... I went to their place once. They let me go and told me I could make my decision at any time. And Maverick... he was kidnapped once by these flesh eating bugs, yet he returned to us, alive and well. If... if they really wanted me for... what you say, they would've taken me at any of those times, and possibly more." Angora pointed out, admitting that she could've been easily captured in her state. They had been giving her the option to come at her own free will... but things changed now. She was being rushed inland, without even giving her a chance to say goodbye to the beloved Veris and those horrible things being said about him. She grabbed her head in frustration, not knowing what to do or what to believe in anymore. All she wanted was Shade's freedom and his, Maverick and her happiness, yet it always seemed like there was a road of endless obstacles in their way...
---
#495 Posted: 22:30:36 24/10/2019 | Topic Creator
“I may not be ever free again. You see this collar? It’s similar to Raclaw but it absorbs my powers and nullify them. It even has the cability of killing me if the guardians think I’m too dangerous.”
---
SC
#496 Posted: 22:43:34 24/10/2019
"The Ishulgites have, so far, been preferring to avoid forcing anything, unless necessary," Banewood explained. "They have had the luxury of being able to wait, with most of their developments kept hidden from the rest of the world by the storm around the island. Recently, they had tried to recruit Godfather Sere - and they... well, we will say they were well-prepared to get him to understand their way of thinking. It may or may not have worked eventually; but as you can see now, I was able to intervene, and expose the truth of the matter. They know I can do this; they have, however, been unable to track me and account for me, so I was an upset in their otherwise perfect plan.
"With Godfather Sere now fully enlightened, they fear that the same can happen to others on the ship they have been attempting to influence - they do not have the luxury of being as patient as they were before, as they now have to work to preempt my actions.
"You see, volunteers are a great asset, because they reinforce the hive mind - sowing the hive mind with doubts and regrets weakens the bond and unity, and inhibits the Ishulgites' ability to cooperate on a course of action. And why would they need to force anyone to follow them? They are experts at finding those who are downtrodden and unfulfilled, and offering them a life without those issues. With legitimately happy people, it's easier to recruit other people, without being opposed - and it means your control isn't liable to break as soon as your power slips for a moment.
"To this end, comes one part of their plan - from what we have learned recently, the Ishulgites plan to acquire the Void Breaker. They have the means to do this via laying claim to the throne via an old mandate which dictates that whoever recovers the Scepter, and is capable of wielding it, has the right to the throne. They have a member capable of such in their ranks - one also brought in through similar circumstances as many others. Such a process would undoubtedly be a great upheaval; but the Ishulgites have undoubtedly been rooting themselves deeper and deeper into the Aelinon citizenry, and seem to believe they could conduct a coup effectively - and they may very well be right.
"As for what the Void Breaker enables? In combination with the Void Locator, it will allow the Ishulgites to locate and destroy all sorts of magical creatures for... a long distance. At least thousands of miles. Possibly globally. Dragons are known to be strong-willed and are, relatively speaking, less cooperative and more selfish than many other species. The Ishulgites view such a thing as a threat to their new world, and see such creatures as too polluting to their hive mind to induct. They plan to use these artifacts to destroy dragons and similar creatures the world over - except those who are, whether by design or breeding, more inclined to cohabilitate and cooperate with other species.
"That is what their plan entails, at a minimum. Is that a cost worth paying for a world where peace and harmony is brought by subduing the individual?"
Banewood paused, his expression still as neutral as ever.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#497 Posted: 23:15:29 24/10/2019
Now Angora wasn't liking to what she was hearing. Destroy magical beings? She was, in a way, a magical being. And... dragons too? Did that included Shade? But they said they were going to help release him, but was that also a lie? Way too many questions. Her unstable mind felt like it was going to shatter and cause her an endless stream of headaches.
"Sir!? But they... even Shady?" she asked, but didn't let Banewood answer before getting to the next thing.
"How... how can I know you're telling the truth? And if in fact you are, what do you propose I do? I... I am being instructed to go inland and far away. Now what am I suppose to do? All I want is to help Shady and bring my friends happiness, but even if I don't follow the instructions and they intend to kill him as you say, he won't do any better at Redwater. This journey... I think it's to train him to be another one of Aelinon's slaves, or in a worst case scenario, be sentenced to death. Why am I stuck in this crossfire!? Why do these things need to keep happening? Things were so much better when it was just me alone! I didn't need to worry about anyone and didn't need to suffer like this! What now, huh? What... now?" Angora demanded from Banewood, in a quiet voice but her lips trembling, shushing them to avoid the urge of screaming. This was too much for Angora to handle. Who was telling the truth? What was she suppose to do? She grasped her head so hard she cut it, and some blood was already dripping. This... this was all Shade's fault. If he hadn't lost control that day, they wouldn't have been in that mess. Why couldn't he resist, for the sake of his friends? In her age, while it was easy to forget, Angora was still a kid, and she had to endure so much in such a short little time...

From his spot, Maverick could see Banewood and Angora, still talking. The two were sitting and didn't look aggressive to each other. But Angora... she seemed very uneasy. What was going on out there? Maverick wanted to find out, but he didn't want to be rude by interrupting. Besides, be was certain Angora would tell him later. It was odd though how they seemed to be so engaged into conversation when Banewood was still a stranger. She doubted Angora knew him, unless they met in the time he was kidnapped? Nah, couldn't be if this island was his home, which was quite far away where he was found.
---
#498 Posted: 23:32:59 24/10/2019
Darkheart tilted her head, intrigued. "If so, that pup is one to watch... But something seems strange about her, like she's not always in control of her own actions... But now isn't the time to come up with theories. Facts are infinitely more valuable. I'll trust you've told me all I need to know for now. I do expect to be told new details before they become vital."
Mischief suddenly went blank for a moment. "His collar stores power. Power in the form of Mana. To just nullify yours, rather than find a way to tame it? That is, simply put, a waste of power. Playing it safe is one thing. But surely your magick power can be tamed." She yipped emphatically. "I have so little Mana of my own. Most of what I have is in my orb. Even so, Raclaw's collar contains enough Mana to leave me snowblind."
---
#499 Posted: 23:55:48 24/10/2019 | Topic Creator
“I am working to control my powers. To be honest I’m actually in full control of them as we speak. They allowed me to have nearly full range of them as I haven’t had a outburst in months. It’s these unstable and very powerful outbursts that hurt people and those I love and care about.” Shade said.
---
SC
#500 Posted: 00:17:47 25/10/2019
Banewood's face offered no pity or remorse, but the same unreadable, wooden expression as always. "Shade? That big draconic creature on the deck? Oh, they will be especially interested in eliminating his kind. They have been an impediment to the Ishulgites' operations on the island. The Ishulgites will see their destruction as a necessary step in creating their better world. As for what you should do - do what you feel is necessary. I have long lost the right to dictate morals to others."

Latnok gave Darkheart a slightly disgusted look. "If that pup can't control herself, she'll see herself off this ship faster than she can realize what's happening. We have enough problems on our hands with creatures unable to control themselves. Thank you for bringing up the concern, though - I might pass it on to Godfather Sere." Latnok sincerely hoped that what Darkheart was proposing was just a hypothesis...
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 10 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me