darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning > There is hope for a remake of The Legend of Spyro games
Page 1 of 1
There is hope for a remake of The Legend of Spyro games
CountMoneyBone Emerald Sparx Gems: 3093
#1 Posted: 07:28:02 12/08/2019 | Topic Creator
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/...ting-ips/90646/

Activision sees a bright future in re-visiting older IPs in its catalog of games now. so there's a bigger chance than ever we might see a remake of The Legend of Spyro games smilie
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5818
#2 Posted: 07:35:24 12/08/2019
Developing new Spyro games and remaking games from other old IPs that Activision owns =/= hope for them to remake Legend of Spyro anything at any point.

Even if there is hope for them to do so, there'd be hardly any point as it would do more harm than good in the eyes of the fandom majority.

They weren't even that great to begin with, especially Dawn of The Dragon. :/ (This is coming from someone who still kind of likes the first two games in the Legend trilogy, mind you)
---
Killing slow is the way I conquer
Until you know the meaning of suffer
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:49:47 12/08/2019 by Sesshomaru75
Trix Master 100 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5843
#3 Posted: 07:39:29 12/08/2019
No with the remakes of the classic trilogy they more than likely going to continue the classic game stuff. In fact when Reignited was announced/released Activision told F4F to not make Legend of Spyro statues, and focus on Reignited statues instead.

They only brought up the success of Crash, Spyro, and CTR. Seeing remaking other IPs might be a good profit, not that they were remaking more games from Crash or Spyro.
---
乇乂ㄒ尺卂 ㄒ卄丨匚匚

Sesshomaru75 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5818
#4 Posted: 07:48:23 12/08/2019
Yeah, they also never said anything about remaking other Crash and Spyro games. They merely mentioned their success as a reasoning behind why they're considering remaking games from other IPs, not Crash or Spyro.
---
Killing slow is the way I conquer
Until you know the meaning of suffer
Bolt Platinum Sparx Gems: 5304
#5 Posted: 19:22:18 12/08/2019
People are taking what they said out of context. They're definately going to be making new Spyro content, but I doubt they'll be remaking any of the games. They'll probably use ideas from the later games, sure, but none of them are worth remaking because they all sold pretty poorly lol.
I do hope they eventually include some characters from tLoS in some new games though! Classic Iggy! Imagine!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Doggo144 Green Sparx Gems: 264
#6 Posted: 23:42:44 12/08/2019
I want new games, **** remakes lmao
---
"soy" Jesse "did litterally nothing wrong" cox 1916
ShylaShadow Blue Sparx Gems: 519
#7 Posted: 02:54:08 13/08/2019
No remake of this please smilie
---
close your eyes and you might find
the dark that's scary in your mind
is no different than the light
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 5660
#8 Posted: 05:39:47 15/08/2019
This set of games, for as much as some Spyro franchise fans like them, killed the franchise a second time. We wouldn't have Spyro Reignited if Skylanders and Crash N'Sane hadn't a) rebooted Spyro a third time and b) proved that old IPs (literally old, not just a decade) were worthwhile. Some elements of LoS might make it into future Spyro titles, but these games aren't well known by the wider public at all, let alone fondly remembered. It's just not financially sound for Activision to bring these games back.
ThunderEgg Blue Sparx Gems: 549
#9 Posted: 22:10:03 15/08/2019
I doubt these babies will be remade anytime soon, but if they ever do get to that point, I hope that the developers can improve on whatever was missing.
---
I AM ETERNAL!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:11:01 15/08/2019 by ThunderEgg
Project_Unnamed Platinum Sparx Gems: 6751
#10 Posted: 22:24:39 15/08/2019
Only remake that TLoS series needs is a full Krome studios developed iteration of Dawn of the Dragon. The Dawn of the Dragon we all got was poor copy of God of War with plot-hole-ridden fanfiction story with boring controls and botched flight controls.

P.S.

I really hate TLos: DotD, it is the worst Spyro game in existence.
---
I might give you more opinions... for a small fee of course.
#11 Posted: 03:58:02 16/08/2019
Quote: Project_Unnamed
Only remake that TLoS series needs is a full Krome studios developed iteration of Dawn of the Dragon. The Dawn of the Dragon we all got was poor copy of God of War with plot-hole-ridden fanfiction story with boring controls and botched flight controls.

P.S.

I really hate TLos: DotD, it is the worst Spyro game in existence.

Thank you for speaking the truth
---
#12 Posted: 01:24:07 21/08/2019
YES. You can tell in the first two games just how much of the heart that’s in the series was put there vpby the Krome staff.
Ice Dragoness Platinum Sparx Gems: 7351
#13 Posted: 15:30:17 21/08/2019
I would like a remake but unfortunately I can't see it happening with Classic Spyro being brought back successfully. It makes more sense for them to carry on with Classic Spyro in a brand new game. A Hero's Tail is not broken, it's fine as it is. EtD is very broke and everyone hates it, I can only see certain levels from it being remade and brought back into a new Spyro game. A full remaster is a no.

If the new Classic Spyro hype dies down again, and there's a few years with no release of Spyro. Then I think a LoS remake would be possible. It would certainly be the right time. Change up the gameplay, add in the extras they didn't have time for, and with it's interesting story and characters it could be great.

I disagree with the LoS 'haters' claiming it killed Spyro. If that was true there wouldn't have been 3 games. They would have stopped at ANB. And DOTD was the most successful in terms of sales. It is now quite expensive in second hand game shops!
---
★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★
rip skylanders
theuone Emerald Sparx Gems: 4386
#14 Posted: 16:31:54 21/08/2019
Quote: Ice Dragoness
I would like a remake but unfortunately I can't see it happening with Classic Spyro being brought back successfully. It makes more sense for them to carry on with Classic Spyro in a brand new game. A Hero's Tail is not broken, it's fine as it is. EtD is very broke and everyone hates it, I can only see certain levels from it being remade and brought back into a new Spyro game. A full remaster is a no.

If the new Classic Spyro hype dies down again, and there's a few years with no release of Spyro. Then I think a LoS remake would be possible. It would certainly be the right time. Change up the gameplay, add in the extras they didn't have time for, and with it's interesting story and characters it could be great.

I disagree with the LoS 'haters' claiming it killed Spyro. If that was true there wouldn't have been 3 games. They would have stopped at ANB. And DOTD was the most successful in terms of sales. It is now quite expensive in second hand game shops!

Pretty much this.

Besides, TLOS doesn't feel like it even needs a remaster, at least when compared to all the games that are/were remastered.
---
On board Spyro Reignited hype, Choo choo!
Thanks to BlackWing116 for the Chimera drawing
Metaphorical phantom here, Blame everything lol.
#15 Posted: 19:30:09 22/08/2019
DotE sold okay, though not as well as ANB given that ANB became a red box best seller and DotD...didn’t. Critically, ANB did fine, while DotD was only considered okay because it wasn’t TEN. And it did kill the Spyro franchise for a second time. Why do you think we have Skylanders and not Spyro’s Kingdom (which was a LoS sequel that just didn’t pan out)?

Regardless, I do agree with everything else stated above. Although I’m not sure if we’ll ever go back to that sort of “gritty, dark” reboot. That was kind of a thing in the late 00s and it was kind of stale by 2009 already. These days, there’s a huge upswing in happier, brighter games, even in the more serious genres.
Ice Dragoness Platinum Sparx Gems: 7351
#16 Posted: 11:50:15 23/08/2019
Quote: Razz
DotE sold okay, though not as well as ANB given that ANB became a red box best seller and DotD...didn’t. Critically, ANB did fine, while DotD was only considered okay because it wasn’t TEN. And it did kill the Spyro franchise for a second time. Why do you think we have Skylanders and not Spyro’s Kingdom (which was a LoS sequel that just didn’t pan out)?

Regardless, I do agree with everything else stated above. Although I’m not sure if we’ll ever go back to that sort of “gritty, dark” reboot. That was kind of a thing in the late 00s and it was kind of stale by 2009 already. These days, there’s a huge upswing in happier, brighter games, even in the more serious genres.

I'm sorry but you are incredibly wrong with the sales http://forum.darkspyro.net/spy...php?topic=12983. And I don't know where you're pulling the rest of the 'facts' from.

It didn't kill the franchise, LoS was a trilogy that ended. Have you played the Spyro's Kingdom demo? It's awful, anyone would say 'no that's not good enough, come back with something new'. Spyro would not be in Skylanders if LoS killed it. EtD killed Spyro's sales. If it wasn't such a bad game the latter games would have sold better. People can't seem to get over one bad game.
---
★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★~★
rip skylanders
#17 Posted: 01:06:16 24/08/2019
I truly hope there isn't a remake. It doesn't need it. Classic Spyro needed it because it was psx graphics (not that they're bad), so it deserved an upgrade. There's just no reason for a TLoS remake. The games look fine, why remake it? Don't fix what isn't broken.

I look forward to new Spyro games though.
---
#18 Posted: 19:24:26 25/08/2019
Sorry Ice Dragoness but that link proves my point. If people had enjoyed LoS, the sales would have been better than that. I’m getting more of my info from reviews of the games; the only people who thought LoS was anything but mediocre were dedicated Spyro fans, if even them. Critically, the series was pretty looked down on. Spyro was in Skylanders because the original trilogy is fondly remembered by a lot of people outside the fandom and Activision, rightly, was banking on that nostalgia to help launch that franchise (which worked). If LoS had been more successful they would have worked harder to continue it instead of just dumping Spyro’s Kingdom (which of course plays bad; it’s not even a demo and at that stage in development all games are bad).

Regardless, my point stands. LoS was never enough of a success for Activision to consider remaking it. The only people who even remember it at all are Spyro franchise fans like us. On the whole, more people remember EtD. If not for Skylanders and the success of the Crash remakes, DitD would have been the final Spyro game.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me