Page 1 of 1
High Sales Numbers [CLOSED]
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#1 Posted: 04:04:45 15/01/2009 | Topic Creator
Hey guys Spyro's old pentical is back!!!
(Note: Week 7 European totals are out)

Here's what I based this on:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=22957

Go to the other systems and count up the totals and guess what you get?
---------
1.14 Million Copies Sold init's first 10 weeks (1-14-09)

The sales totals have been steady the last 3 weeks. (after the International sales data stoped streaning to my resource site)

It appears to keep going up at about 100,000 a week!

Spyro the Dragon: 4.91 mil.
Spyro: Ripto's Rage: 3.52 mil.
Spyro: Year of the Dragon: 3.71 mil.
Spyro: Enter the Dragon: 1.67 mil. (Game rejected after first week)
Spyro: A Hero's Tail: 0.30 mil.
Spyro: A New Beginning: 0.30 mil.
Spyro: The Eternal Night: 0.81 mil. (Wii, DS & PS2 combined)
Dawn of the Dragon has eclipsed the 1,000,000 mark in sales for the Spyro franchise for the first time since Enter the Dragonfly. Enter the Dragonfly's sales were based on the fact that people didn't know what they were buying before it was too late.

Weeks 1-10 sales totals (all consoles) [Totals updated 1-14-09]
-
Week 1: 61,071
Week 2: 81,482
Week 3: 93,081
Week 4: 110,343
Week 5: 138,158
Week 6: 172,801
Week 7: 155,440
Beyond this point there is no data on International Sales because it hasn't been out for 7 weeks outside of America.
Week 8: 95,931
Week 9: 119,073
Week 10: 116,445
-----------------------
Total sales: 1,143,825

I'm new and this is my first post.
On another fourm thi was met with discontent for tLoS. I hope this isn't true for here.

As for my standing I love both the new and the old Spyro equaly. I'm a fan of Spyro. Not of his makers. What ever comes out I hope it sells 6 bil.

With all due respect,
~cornys~
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
dancinkayley Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#2 Posted: 05:23:29 15/01/2009
I hope that Spyro does come back in popularity and that it isn't just that random game sitting on the shelf in the middle of all the other random Wii games. It's done better than both of the other Legend of Spyro games combined and it hasn't been out for anywhere near as long!

What do you mean by "game rejected after first week" for Enter the Dragonfly? Do you mean that sales slowed down greatly after the first week or nobody recorded sales data for it?

Sorry if I said something dumb, I'm a total idiot when it comes to money and sales and whatnot smilie
---
All our base are belong to us.
I know joke old but who care.
SpyroGirlCazy Emerald Sparx Gems: 4436
#3 Posted: 06:25:03 15/01/2009
wow thats a lot of people playing spyro games (and im one of then smilie)
lol ! this is wesome to now that spyro games are doing well
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#4 Posted: 18:06:41 17/01/2009
But ya know what? They don't take into consideration how many people exchange them at GameStop or Play N Trade. >8D

Quote:
What ever comes out I hope it sells 6 bil.

@_@ Unless it's Sonic Unleashed, it better not happen. If that happens to DotD in six to twelve months, I'll personally hunt down everyone who didn't take it to GS or PnT.
Cloudtail4ever Yellow Sparx Gems: 1818
#5 Posted: 23:52:40 17/01/2009
I don't exactly hear reviewers going wild about Sonic Unleashed either, you know
---
"Man, if mom could see me now... We'd have zombies on top of everything else."
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#6 Posted: 00:07:47 18/01/2009
Quote: Cloudtail4ever
I don't exactly hear reviewers going wild about Sonic Unleashed either, you know

Other people have their own fun--- o.O
That didn't come out right, not right at all. o.O I'm going to shut up now.
#7 Posted: 00:09:27 18/01/2009

That was IGN; and besides, arn't you sick of bashing Sonic? I'm so sick of you and everyone else who's doing it JUST FOR FUN.
Spyro2008 Ripto Gems: 1353
#8 Posted: 00:10:39 18/01/2009
Alright, break it up.
They both suck (although I like SU better). Although SU HAS sold more than DotD.
SpyroxCynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1906
#9 Posted: 00:48:04 18/01/2009
At least Su has brought the Sonic speed back into a Sonic game. If SEGA made a Sonic Rush style game for the consoles using the hedgehog engine, it would be the best Sonic game after 2000.
---
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - Dr. Seuss
#10 Posted: 01:11:09 18/01/2009
Quote: Spyro2008
Alright, break it up.
They both suck (although I like SU better). Although SU HAS sold more than DotD.

They have their ups and downs; SU moreso.

Wait, SU has alreay sold more? O-o Whoa.. it's only been out for 1-3 months, really...

Quote: SpyroxCynder
At least Su has brought the Sonic speed back into a Sonic game. If SEGA made a Sonic Rush style game for the consoles using the hedgehog engine, it would be the best Sonic game after 2000.

Sonic Rush was HORRIBLE; I mean, the controls were so slippy, I couldn't get past the 1st boss without dying 50 times. TT
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#11 Posted: 03:46:01 18/01/2009

I don't exactly hear reviewers going wild about anything that isn't a first person shooter for the 360 either, you know. Games that deserve editor's choice awards and rankings in the 9.0-10 range end up getting something less because it's not a first person shooter.

Get used to it. Review sights like Gamespot used to be awesome. But all the senior editors everyone knew/liked got fired or quit, so now the site sucks. =_="
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#12 Posted: 03:50:30 18/01/2009
Quote: HIR

I don't exactly hear reviewers going wild about anything that isn't a first person shooter for the 360 either, you know. Games that deserve editor's choice awards and rankings in the 9.0-10 range end up getting something less because it's not a first person shooter.

Get used to it. Review sights like Gamespot used to be awesome. But all the senior editors everyone knew/liked got fired or quit, so now the site sucks. =_="

:/ I've honestly thought about putting together a forum (be easier than a website) for people to review games, with strick rules about first-person shooters. Of course, nothing I do is worth a damn to anyone, so why bother.
DARK CINDER Ripto Gems: 1062
#13 Posted: 16:15:08 25/01/2009
Quote: Shrazer320

That was IGN; and besides, arn't you sick of bashing Sonic? I'm so sick of you and everyone else who's doing it JUST FOR FUN.

well maby sonic should just stop eexsisting befor we all look back and say remember sonic that anoying hedgod with is still having crappy games AFFTER 85 YEARS
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#14 Posted: 19:35:18 25/01/2009
Quote: DARK CINDER

well maby sonic should just stop eexsisting befor we all look back and say remember sonic that anoying hedgod with is still having crappy games AFFTER 85 YEARS

1. stop bashing spyro
2. yes we will think that probaly in 85 years
3. and do we need a fight like this every 5 minutes!?
4. don't have any idea what 4 should be
---
This old place has changed too much
#15 Posted: 22:08:14 25/01/2009

I'm sorry, did you not catch what I was saying in that post? I sugar coated myself in saying, "SHUT UP!"

Quote: cynder21

1. stop bashing spyro
2. yes we will think that probaly in 85 years
3. and do we need a fight like this every 5 minutes!?
4. don't have any idea what 4 should be

1. You mean Sawnik? o3o
2. 85 years is a long time o3o
3. DARK CINDER has some sort of beef with me; next ugly comment from her/him and I'm talking to dark; I'm sick of it.
4. Say wut oWo
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#16 Posted: 22:42:21 27/01/2009
1. yes 85 years is a long time away
2. ok if you want to fight with someone or they say something talk to dark or argue threw pm ( like you said)
---
This old place has changed too much
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me