Page 1 of 1
Sanzaru Games?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#1 Posted: 22:49:56 13/11/2018 | Topic Creator
So, I just got my copy of the game. Don't have the opportunity to play it at the moment, but I was surprised to see the logo for Sanzaru Games (Sly 4, Sonic Boom 3DS titles) on the back of the box. Do we have any idea what kind of involvement they have with the trilogy? Sorry if this was already brought up in the general discussion thread. Didn't really feel like searching to find any relevant posts. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 22:51:00 13/11/2018
They did apparently all of YOTD. Explains some things, which is a shame because they're really good developers when not having this kind of time limit.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 23:01:36 13/11/2018 | Topic Creator
Huh. I seem to recall Universal putting Insomniac in a tight crunch and the original YotD having rushed development. We've come full circle. Talk about history repeating itself. XD
---
#4 Posted: 23:16:45 13/11/2018
Yeah, but now it's 2018 and you'd think someone would learn from history to not rush the most complex game in the trilogy out, y'know.

That also means the 4chan post about YOTD being straight up unfinished was true, at least at the time, which is why Sanzaru was brought in before they got a Tony Hawk Pro Skater 6 situation on their hands.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#5 Posted: 00:51:13 14/11/2018
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah, but now it's 2018 and you'd think someone would learn from history to not rush the most complex game in the trilogy out, y'know.

That also means the 4chan post about YOTD being straight up unfinished was true, at least at the time, which is why Sanzaru was brought in before they got a Tony Hawk Pro Skater 6 situation on their hands.

You mean this one?

[User Posted Image]
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#6 Posted: 02:50:50 14/11/2018 | Topic Creator
It doesn't surprise me. ActiBlizz is still ActiBlizz and will always find a way to muck something up... especially when they know they're onto something. N. Sane Trilogy was lucky in that it was the first attempt at rebooting an old IP. Once it sold like hotcakes you knew ActiBlizz was going to employ their usual tactics with their other franchise reboots.

YotD is actually my least favorite in the trilogy these days, so I'm not terribly miffed and with my schedule, it may end up being patched by the time I can get around to playing it. But I do hope that, in the future, Activision will do the right thing and give these guys the time to make the game they want from start to finish. They have Destiny, CoD, Overwatch, and other Blizzard IPs that they can fill with microtransactions to maximize their profits. At least let your more niche productions have some leeway.
---
#7 Posted: 10:30:35 14/11/2018
That's the one HIHD. And unfortunate that it is. Well at least the Switch and PC versions are a warning to actually implement the major bug fixes I'm sure QA picked up and Acti just ignored.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:17 14/11/2018 by Bifrost
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#8 Posted: 10:50:10 14/11/2018
I'm sure major bugs will be patched. N. Sane Trilogy not only got bug fixes, but the final patch on PS4 implemented the new loading system that the other versions got, and even implemented HDR support. So Spyro will probably see any of its issues addressed, though we could potentially be waiting a while on some of them.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#9 Posted: 15:17:59 14/11/2018
This guy also mentioned a NEW Spyro game.
I want it. Pleaaase.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#10 Posted: 15:21:53 14/11/2018
Quote: XSparxX
I want it. Pleaaase.

From what we can assume, it evolved into Reinited, not that it was held off. It probably hardly was in it's planning stages with no actual development.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#11 Posted: 15:23:02 14/11/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I'm sure major bugs will be patched. N. Sane Trilogy not only got bug fixes, but the final patch on PS4 implemented the new loading system that the other versions got, and even implemented HDR support. So Spyro will probably see any of its issues addressed, though we could potentially be waiting a while on some of them.

It took a whole year for that Crash patch to come out, though.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#12 Posted: 15:39:41 14/11/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I want it. Pleaaase.

From what we can assume, it evolved into Reinited, not that it was held off. It probably hardly was in it's planning stages with no actual development.

Hopefully Reignited is a success and TfB develop a new one. :/
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#13 Posted: 15:52:48 14/11/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
I want it. Pleaaase.

Hopefully Reignited is a success and TfB develop a new one. :/

I deeply hope so.

Reignited is being a blast so far, but a brand new game would be something on a whole other level, if created with the same passion and care.
Had no idea TfB was originally going to create a brand new title, guess they could easily pick up the project from where they left it if Activision decides to greenlight it.

I wonder if what they learnt by developing the remakes is going to impact their work on a new game, especially in terms of colors and music.
Wouldn’t necessarily want Copeland-esque tracks, but I’d like if they still stuck with pop/rock instead of going for a classic fantasy soundtrack.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#14 Posted: 02:20:37 15/11/2018
The Spyro Trilogy seems rather low key compared to Crash. Makes sense as Crash was always a tad bit more popular
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#15 Posted: 03:16:46 15/11/2018
Quote: TheToyNerd
The Spyro Trilogy seems rather low key compared to Crash. Makes sense as Crash was always a tad bit more popular

I would disagree in terms of the remakes. Crash was way more restrained in what they were let do and Activision didn't give it as much of a marketing push. It was clearly viewed as an experiment to them.

Spyro's remakes have been given the full treatment after Crash's success. More features such as the music toggle options, much more changes made in terms of character designs and such, and an insane marketing push. Spyro hasn't stopped being relevant since the announcement of the remakes, whole Crash definitely had lulls where there was no news and no showings at events.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#16 Posted: 03:41:02 15/11/2018
how bugged is spyro 3 reignited anyway? i'm assuming that it will at least control alright thanks to all three games sharing the same engine
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me