Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 25 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8630
#1201 Posted: 00:25:05 05/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade struggled trying to escape but couldn’t. “No! Angora, Maverick p-please!” He then went limp after starting into Sapphires eyes.
---
SC
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1202 Posted: 00:36:47 05/09/2018
Angora looked at the lizard and did nothing but sigh.
"See?" she said to Maverick, knowing from the beginning there was something odd about the flying little lizard. Maverick could do nothing but shake his head disappointingly. Not only did the beautiful Sapphire lied to them, that apparently cute lizard was what lead the evil blue dragon to them. Since Angora didn't know what to do, Maverick soon came with an idea.
"I can do it..." he said, offering himself to look for Dex.
"Mavi!? What are you doing?" Angora asked furiously, but then Maverick went at eye level with her, holding one of her shoulder.
"Listen Angorita. You're the only one capable of protecting Shade should anything go wrong. Please watch over him. I know you can do this. Take care of each other. And I... I will be alright." Maverick assured her, giving her a brief hug. They would go their separate ways now. He would have only the traitor Sapphire as company.

"Fine Blue dragon. You win. I will search this other fox." Maverick assured, knowing he had his hands tied at the moment. Nothing he or Angora could do, especially now that they were surrounded. Shade was in a complete trance, and he couldn't do anything either. Whatever this evil dragon wanted, they knew they had to oblige for now...
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:38:19 05/09/2018 by Felines
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1203 Posted: 01:01:02 05/09/2018
"Well this has become a great day. Welcome to the brotherhood of Assassins." Blue said
"You troll will walk with others, I will carry the dragon" Blue continued

Sapphire finally getting back to this world " We should go this way. " She said to Maverick pointing a different direction."
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8605
#1204 Posted: 01:04:26 05/09/2018
Meanwhile--
Quote: A Guy
"So, Raclaw," Latnok asked, "do you have any particular plans? Looking to get drunk or anything?"

"Nothing in particular-- I'll probably see what forms I can get out of the artifact, but otherwise I'm game for anything.," Raclaw said with a smile. Whatever influence Damon had on him had seemed to subside at least for the time being-- and he still found himself very much intrigued by the now slightly less mysterious device.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:10:07 05/09/2018 by redwes
#1205 Posted: 01:16:03 05/09/2018
Quote: cyndego
"Well this has become a great day. Welcome to the brotherhood of Assassins." Blue said
"You troll will walk with others, I will carry the dragon" Blue continued.

Angora followed the other, really, REALLY hating Blue. In what mess they had gotten themselves into this time? Brotherhood of Assasins... not precisely the kind of club she wished to be part of. But nevertheless, she knew this would only be temporary, or at least she hoped so. She didn't win her and her friend's freedom just to immediately get into another kind of prison. There had to be a way out of this, a way that they just haven't found yet...

Sapphire finally getting back to this world " We should go this way. " She said to Maverick pointing a different direction."

With a lowered head, Maverick decided to follow Sapphire on this new journey. She and Dex looked like close friends, so it was easy to think that she would know more about him than Maverick. He looked behind him to get a look at Angora and Shade one last time before they went out of view, separated from them once more. He spent an entire week without seeing them, and they only had a few hours together. Now, they had to be separated again. This was unacceptable. Right now, he believed that trusting Sapphire was the worst thing they had done. He started to think that he should've believed Angora when she shared her suspiscions, but as always, he never listened. And now they were in an entirely different mess because of him...
---
#1206 Posted: 01:47:39 05/09/2018
Blue was clearly happy what he had done today. This was almost too good to be True. He had some new crestures under his controll, and also he finally had a good plan to make the fox the mage so much wanted come to him.

Sapphire tried to play it cool, but could not. She admired Dex, and one of the reasons was his way of not feeling Sorry or wrong about anything. That had been the card Blue had used to make her believe that She could be great like Dex if She just was heartless enough. After Blue and the others where gone She voice chanched to much more sad one "Just that you know.... your kindness was something that really touched me... i have not felt anything like that in long time." She said ..... then continuing "I have a plan, but we have to find a blackmarket in the city this way. " sounding still only sad, like She had Lost part of her soul or something.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1207 Posted: 02:10:15 05/09/2018
As Angora followed Blue with his goons in tow, Maverick only glanced at Sapphire with neutral eyes, sad and disappointed with what happened. He listened to her, but he wasn't sure what to believe anymore.
"What plan? Trapping your friend Dex?" Maverick said, rather coldly. He then took notice of her kindness comment.
"You say you haven't felt kindness in a very long time. Have you ever wondered why? I was the same as you little fox. My fa... I was raised among pirates, and what I saw, what I lived, is something that I wouldn't wish upon anybody, not even my worse enemy. It took a very heavy tragedy for me to be free of that life, and I vowed that I would never return to such dreadful existence. All I wished was to help people, live an honest life, be happy. I don't want to accomplish anything bu hurting or making other fear me. The world can be awful at times, but I always want to look on the brighter side. Show other the right way. That's why I helped you. I saw someone in distress and I had to do something, regardless of my best friend's opinion." Maverick lectured, feeling upset with Sapphire, but understanding now that she was simply a lost soul, and that the evil brotherhood was the only life she knew.

Maverick was once in the same boat once. He thought his father and his pirates was the only life and family he could ever had, and it took their deaths for him to change his life, cause he had been too fearful to walk away and take that step himself. Destiny had to lend him a hand to escape that lifestyle and find another one, when the truth was he could've changed the course of his life much sooner than that, but he felt like he had been too much of a coward, and he didn't want others making that same mistake.
---
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1208 Posted: 09:45:24 05/09/2018
The docks were quite a ways from where the group had landed; there were many sights to take in during the trip, however. Along the regular paved streets were elegant waterways, which permitted mermen to swim throughout the city. As the two passed by taverns, the sounds of music, festivities, and occasionally fighting and cheering could be heard. There were many markets, though Latnok was not stopping to peruse them.
Most people were just going about their business Latnok said; Latnok and Raclaw, despite not exactly being the most common sights, didn't draw any sort of significant attention. "There are so many different things happening here, that it's pretty hard to stand out," Latnok said. "When everything's unusual, nothing is."
In addition to all of the people, there were many animals; cats and dogs, both owned and stray, and wyverns with their military personnel, in addition to the various exotic species. "You know, I always like coming here when I'm not working," Latnok said. "A nice place to kick back and spend a few days. You see anything that interest you?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1209 Posted: 10:24:54 05/09/2018
It did take sometime, but finally they made it to the Castle. "Welcome to your new home" Blue said.
The group took Angora to a dungeon sell "Our leader said that before we have a way to make sure both of you behave at the same time we can not keep both of you free." One of the group said The brotherhood in fact made Angoras life as good as it in a prisoncell could be. They did bring a bed, some water, and food. Even a table and armchair." Tell us if you need anything" One of the brotherhood members outside said.

Blue took Shade to his room. And waited him to wake up, he noticed his mirror took it and there was the mage. "I saw you got the dragon, and something extra too" the mage said
"Yes master" Blue said
"Come here with the dragon when he wakes up, I do want to speak with him." The mage said
"Are you sure master, I mean you have not showed ourself to any other then me, Why now?" Blue said with a shock
"Its not your problem, do as I say" The mage said
"Yes master" Blue said and waited Shade to woke up.

"I am not sure what i should think about him. But the only way i know to find him, is to contact the League of Assassin. If we can make them believe that we need exactly him for somekind of job they might let us know where he is" Sapphire said with a voice more depressed then anything else.

She then continued Taking few Deep breaths "I have had too families. The fox family kicked me out because I was different. Then I was a pet for humans..... they where nice..... especially the kids. (Sapphire started to cry thinking about them)..... (after sometime She took few Deep breaths and continued) One day Blue came In with the brotherhood and killed all the humans, taking everything... I tryed to defend, but could not..... I guess Thats Why Blue saw talent in my skill. He took me in and told me How great I could become... like Dex... a cold killer with respect and fame. That was what I wanted. After meeting him..... I was not sure.... he was not as cold as Blue had said.... he did kill... but he was nice and I thought he might even care for me..... (Sapphire almost crying again).... the brotherhood has been my everything.....but after meeting Dex i really wanted him to join......after meeting you.... I dont know what I want anymore..... this is not the life I want, randomly attacking creatures with no reason..... (She then turned to Maverick tears in her eyes)..... I know it does not mean anything coming from me..... but I have to say this. The way your troll friend thinks might safe lives, but the way you think....... it might chance the world for the better.... please what ever you do, dont chance who you are. I tried to kill my feelings and now I only feel pain and sorrow. You have found another way and right now Thats the most beautiful thing I know ..... so I am Sorry!" Sapphire said, if anything was clear her feelings where pure, She was a Mess.... She knew that She could not go with Blue anymore.... but also it was her only possible choise now....
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1210 Posted: 14:01:35 05/09/2018
Maverick listened to Sapphire intently without interrupting her. He felt very sorry for the little fox, and just as he deduced, her life hasn't been easy.
"Your life was happy with those humans, wasn't it? And after Blue killed them, you thought you couldn't do any better, did you?" Maverick asked, knowing that feeling.
"You think you don't have a choice, but you do. Look at me. I'm a half fawn who is friends with a troll and a dragon. Not a trio you would expect anywhere else. We've had our share of injustice. People find it hard to accept us, but it doesn't matter, cause we accept each other, and believe it or not, there are other people that do too after they get to know us. It hasn't always been easy, but it's a life that suits us, that makes us happy. Look at Angorita as well. She's a troll with a condition. It makes her harder to be accepted. Her own kind doesn't want her for being that size, and others don't like her for being a troll, but do you think that has stopped her from trying to find happiness? She made friends with Shade, which was even evil once. She managed to turn him to the good side with a little of her kindness. And she found me, someone that loves and accepts her just the way we are. You see? You can do better. You can find a family that loves you for who you are, not for your talent alone." Maverick explained kindly and calmly, not wanting Sapphire to make the same mistake he did. If it wasn't for that shipwreck, he was certain he would still be living the dreadful pirate life, stealing and murdering innocent people.

It did take sometime, but finally they made it to the Castle. "Welcome to your new home" Blue said.
The group took Angora to a dungeon sell "Our leader said that before we have a way to make sure both of you behave at the same time we can not keep both of you free." One of the group said The brotherhood in fact made Angoras life as good as it in a prisoncell could be. They did bring a bed, some water, and food. Even a table and armchair." Tell us if you need anything" One of the brotherhood members outside said.

"Yeah, I need to be free." Angora muttered very quietly to make sure nobody heard her. This was such a frustrating situation! They got out of one prison cell just several hours ago, and now they were in another one. She was certain Maverick too had a cell to his name, unless they put him with her like last time. She didn't care if the prisons were more spacious and pleasant than the underwater one in Aelinon. It was still a prison, meant to obstruct their freedom. In all her anger, Angora couldn't think straight. Even if she managed to escape, there would still be many of those dastard members of the brotherhood that would recapture her or maybe even kill her. But even in her frustrations, her thoughts were in her family,me specially Shade. He couldn't fit in these cells, so where were they taking him? Worse still, what did they want with him? Shade wasn't one to be imprisoned, and it scared her to think that his powers would become unstable again and she wouldn't be there to stop him. And Maverixk with that treacherous fox. Why was it going all wrong for their family?
---
#1211 Posted: 15:48:25 05/09/2018
"It was nice at first to feel special and talented..... just now I see How happy I really was with my family......" Sapphire said taking a long brake. It was clear that Mavericks words effected her a lot.... She finally wiped remaining tears and her expression completly chanched. All of sudden She was determined and strong "I have betrayed your trust once my friend. Thats Why I can not ask you to call me a friend ever again and there is no reason you should trust me again. But I swear to you, you and your family will be free again, or I will die trying. From this moment I will do what feels right!" Sapphire had a look nobody would think this kind of beautiful fox could have. She was Angry and yet same time determined. She then took a long breath "Thank you.... I am not going to be able to pay back what you have made me realise, your kindness was something which made me realise what kind of creature I am, and what I want to be. I know it is not much....but maybe you will see that your ways have effect after all this is over" Sapphire said " And now lets find the fox we are after, and set your friends free for good. I promise you dont have to see me again after that" Sapphire said with weak and sad , but still somehow determined voice. "We should go we are almost to the town I told you about" She said with a weak smile.

One of the brotherhood memebers came to Angora "Just wanted you to know we dont want to hurt you. Your dragon is with Our leader and he is trying to make a way How you can both move here, so that one of you does not have to be prisoned." He said
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1212 Posted: 16:11:07 05/09/2018
Maverick didn't know what to think about her determination, or even her will to die to set them free again, but he did know that he was slowly convincing her that she could do better.
"We will find Dex, and we will all plan our freedom, together. We will protect each other. Nobody has to die, but we will need a plan. Once we find your friend, we will need all the help we can get. And most of all, a plan. You know that place better than anyone, right? We will rescue my friends, and anyone else who truly desires to leave that brotherhood, and if all goes well, everyone, as well as you, will finally be free. Afterwards, you can do whatever you want. You can even travel with us if you desire it. There is always room for one more in our strange little family." Maverick said with a kind smile, ready to welcome her with open arms as soon as she helped the, win their freedom.

One of the brotherhood memebers came to Angora "Just wanted you to know we dont want to hurt you. Your dragon is with Our leader and he is trying to make a way How you can both move here, so that one of you does not have to be prisoned." He said

Angora looked at him with indifference, resisting her urge to reach him from the bars and strangle him.
"Where is the dragon? What do you want from us?" Angora asked, in the calmest way possible. She didn't care about their supposed concerns or their attempts to be nice by making her stay as pleasant as possible. All she cared about was her family and freedom, which was once more taken away from them.
---
#1213 Posted: 20:54:28 05/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Soon Shade started to wake up. He instantly got to his feet. “Where are they!?” He said smoke coming from his nose.
---
SC
#1214 Posted: 03:37:23 06/09/2018
OOC: Since you're not currently active in Discord, I'll put it here. ITALIC text is dog-speak (aka barking) and is only audible to Raclaw. BOLD text in the man talking (or screaming) and is only bolded to make this more clear. smilie
The docks were quite a ways from where the group had landed; there were many sights to take in during the trip, however. Along the regular paved streets were elegant waterways, which permitted mermen to swim throughout the city. As the two passed by taverns, the sounds of music, festivities, and occasionally fighting and cheering could be heard. There were many markets, though Latnok was not stopping to peruse them.
Most people were just going about their business Latnok said; Latnok and Raclaw, despite not exactly being the most common sights, didn't draw any sort of significant attention. "There are so many different things happening here, that it's pretty hard to stand out," Latnok said. "When everything's unusual, nothing is."
In addition to all of the people, there were many animals; cats and dogs, both owned and stray, and wyverns with their military personnel, in addition to the various exotic species. "You know, I always like coming here when I'm not working," Latnok said. "A nice place to kick back and spend a few days. You see anything that interest you?"

As he and Latnok walked through the large city, Raclaw took in the many sights. Besides the numerous taverns (many of which Latnok recognized)-- there were large shops, emporiums, museums, guilds, libraries, and even an semi-permanent circus that had been set-up in a large clearing. Indeed, there were many races and species going one way or the other. And for most of their walk, no-one even blinked an eye at a sight of a fluffy dragon walking alongside an Guardian."Honestly-- I don't know. I've just glad to be here. I've never seen so many people and places all behind the same walls.," Raclaw said with a smile changing his glance between Latnok and whatever new thing they passed by. He would be happy in checking out any of the numerous sights, having only just visited his first city mere hours prior.

As they started to walk by what looked like another musium, Raclaw's eyes caught notice of a large sign that been posted next to the door. "GRAND OPENING! --Morgana's Museum of Dragons-- Come inside and see lifelike models of dragons of all shapes and sizes. Did you know... not all dragons have scales? Come inside to see more.," the large sign said with many common-looking folks gathering around and coming in. Someone next to the door was shouting out an audible version of the sign and collecting 'donations' from some people exiting the new attraction. It made him wonder what was known and not known about his particular species. To that very day, he had never seen another of his kind although he was hoping to change that in the following days. He stared at that particular sign just a tad longer than the others, although he didn't say anything. 'I hope this isn't all for nothing.,' he thought to himself. Even if they didn't find his parents, however, he would've still enjoyed the new experiences and his new allies.

As they walked through more parts of city, they walked past numerous more kinds of buildings. There were pet shops, clinics, magic shops, shops that screamed 'vudu witchcraft', blacksmiths of varying levels of quality, and one rather gaudy looking shop that was actively rejecting any commoners that wanted to go in. They soon passed through what looked like an residential area where screaming could be heard from one of the alleyways. "No-- don't! Not him-- we can figure something out!," a female voice could be heard. "We don't have a choice-- we need to eat and you spent all our money on what? On some piece of fancy jewelry to make you feel better about yourself?!," a rather angry male voice could heard. The sound of a door being open could be heard and the sounds of barking echos from down the alleyway. "Run Chester! Run!," the desperate female voice could be heard and what sounded like a little pair of legs could be heard coming closer to the pair. Suddenly barking could be heard as what almost looked like a beagle ran under Raclaw.

"Please Mr. Fluffy-- please don't let them eat me!," the dog whose name was presumily Chester could be heard to Raclaw. "Who is-- wait what?!," Raclaw said not even realising that he had switched dialects of that of dogspeak. "Under you-- you big fluffy!," Chester responded looking up at Raclaw's stomach. "Where are you-- you stupid mutt! We need you for dinner!," the angry man's voice could be heard as started to run down the alleyway with what looked like a butcher knife. Raclaw saw what was happening as he glanced down at the small 1½ foot beagle-mix trebling next to one of his feet. "Stay put.," he warned the beagle as he focused his mental energy directly on the angry man. The man ran out into the alleyway and seemingly not seeing the beagle that should've been clear as day under the 6 foot Raclaw, looked directly at Latnok. "You there! In the green! Have you seen my dog? He's late for dinner and I can't find him. He's a beagle mix and about yay high.," the man said actually leaning down to illustrate the mutt's height and still not seeing him. Something was clearly wrong with his eyesight or someone was messing with his mind.
---
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 05:47:28 06/09/2018 by redwes
#1215 Posted: 09:49:29 06/09/2018
As Raclaw absorbed all of the sights the city had to offer, Latnok, for the most part, kept moving right along. As amazing as they were, many of the things were nothing new to him. However, Latnok understood how much it would all be to take in, so he slowed down every now and then to give Raclaw the opportunity whenever he saw Raclaw's attention wander.
He noticed a museum which especially caught Raclaw's attention - featuring various sorts of dragons. Certainly would have been of interest to him back as a child or teenager, maybe even later; his experience and training, however, had removed much of the magic and mystery of dragons, and while he didn't have any doubts about the museum's authenticity, it was not something unique to him.
As the two continued to move, more soldiers could be seen every now and then; no doubt the garrison building up for travel via the sea to other places on the continent. Like most others, however, they were too busy, either being on guard or passing through, to spend much of their time looking.

What happened next, however, was definitely not something Latnok saw every day. The sound of a man and woman arguing - seemingly about financial issues - could be heard, and a dog came running out soon afterward. Nothing special by itself - except it seemed that the dog was communicating with Raclaw, and what's more, Raclaw was apparently communicating back. As the dog sought shwlter under Raclaw, his apparent owner came out, asking Latnok where he was, apparently oblivious to the dog's presence right in front of him.
Normally, Latnok would just hand the dog back; his duty was to his fellow man, not to animals. However, with Raclaw being involved and protecting the animal, Latnok decided to cooperate with him, at least until he got the whole deal about what was happening.
"No. I'm looking for a vampire, not any sort of dog," Latnok told the man. "I would stay home right now if I were you; doubt your dog is worth you disappearing when you go down an alley looking for him." His armor would testify to the credibility of his claims, and if the man had any doubts, there was always the silver axe and silver ammunition Latnok carried. "I'll have it dead by tonight; ask around for the dog tomorrow morning."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1216 Posted: 11:52:27 06/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile on a nearby rooftop a small red Dragon was watching them. He was making sure the man didn't do anything rash. The Dragon was an old friend Raclaw first meet before Orion. This old friend was a vigilante of the city. He even stopped wrong doings by the guards or solders. He knows the city like the back of his paw.
---
SC
#1217 Posted: 12:29:26 06/09/2018
"Thank you, but what happens to me now is not important. I need to pay back my mistakes now." Sapphire said with a kind smile

Soon two of them where in a city. It did not take long from her to find what She was looking for. There was stairs which lead to the underground and a man standing close to the enterance "Thats where we are going. It is a blackmarket, I am sure of it. Dex helped me to learn How to recognize them. When we go there we have to look like we are doing bussiness there Okey" Sapphire said

"Take it easy my friend. They are alright after all you are members now. But just to make sure you dont try anything stupid, you see that pool in this room. It goes directly to the sea.... which means my power is almost unlimited. But for now there is somebody who wants to meet you. Follow me" Blue said and oppened the door and started to walk Up the stairs of the tower
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1218 Posted: 12:44:06 06/09/2018 | Topic Creator
"I'm not going anywhere unroll I get my friends!" Shade said growling and ready to fight. "Tell me now!"
---
SC
#1219 Posted: 13:18:22 06/09/2018
"Your friends are safe as long as you do what I say. If you do not, I might have to chanche that." Blue said looking at Shade with a look, that would make it clear that his patience was running out

"That kind of stuff wont make you see your friend any faster. Your Dragon is with our leader." The man said to Angora
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1220 Posted: 14:18:58 06/09/2018
Angora was growing very impatient. She was locked up, Maverick was who knows where with that fox, and Shade was at the presence of the one who runs this place, which she thought was Blue.
"Then at least tell me what does your leader wants with our dragon...' she asked, trying to keep her normal voice. She knew Shade was the one they wanted the most, and that she and Maverick were simple bonuses.

"Thank you, but what happens to me now is not important. I need to pay back my mistakes now." Sapphire said with a kind smile

Soon two of them where in a city. It did not take long from her to find what She was looking for. There was stairs which lead to the underground and a man standing close to the enterance "Thats where we are going. It is a blackmarket, I am sure of it. Dex helped me to learn How to recognize them. When we go there we have to look like we are doing bussiness there Okey" Sapphire said.

Maverick wanted to assure her she would be alright, but he didn't want to make any promises if he wasn't sure he could keep them. He was determined to help Sapphire and his friends, knowing it was because of him they were in this mess.
"Can I ask why are we going to this place?" Maverick asked as he continued following his new traveling companion, wondering if she was simply suspecting that Dex was in the mentioned black market...
---
#1221 Posted: 14:21:14 06/09/2018
Meanwhile, within the castle of Tal Rogas...

King Seraos was in his throne room, awaiting the night report from his head councilor. The room was rather small for your typical throne room, with few of tbe typical grandeurs - meant more as a place for the king's day-to-day operations than a show of wealth and power. If it weren't for the actual throne, one would most likely mistake it as a conference room or a war room of some sort.
It wasn't long before the head councilor arrived. "My king," he said as he gave a standing bow.
"Report," Seraos commanded. "Tell me of the war - what progress have we made?"
"My king, so far we have made great strides in pushing the barbarians away from our former borders," the councilor reported. "Their many factions are still in disarray as a result of the sudden attacks, allowing us to keep fatalities to a minimum, though we have had many casualties. Unfortunately, this is likely to change once they realize what is happening and begin to rally. The Silent Spear has been assassinating potential leaders as they spring up, but we can only do so for so long until we have one that we cannot reach."
"That is understandable," the king said. "Our main ground army will be ready for that when it happens. I hear that our behemoths are ready, and spoiling for a fight. I do not believe they will be disappointed. I will check on them tomorrow."
"In addition, we are bringing in many prisoners of war," the councilor said. "They will be put to fight in the arena."
"Have we had any further attacks on our borders?"
"None yet," the councilor answered. "The barbarians are on full defense right now."
"What of the smallpox? Have we yet found the mastermind? And how is the disease being controlled?"
"The one responsible for the plot has not been identified yet," the councilor said. "Every prisoner we have interrogated has pointed to someone higher up. As for the smallpox, the sick are being quarantined, bodies of the fallen are being burned, and we are conducting the mandatory cowpox inoculations, as you have commanded."
"That is good to hear," the king said. "When this is all done, we will be one step closer to no citizen of ours ever being attacked by outsiders again. The cost may be high... but the result will be worth it."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1222 Posted: 14:52:01 06/09/2018
What happened next, however, was definitely not something Latnok saw every day. The sound of a man and woman arguing - seemingly about financial issues - could be heard, and a dog came running out soon afterward. Nothing special by itself - except it seemed that the dog was communicating with Raclaw, and what's more, Raclaw was apparently communicating back. As the dog sought shwlter under Raclaw, his apparent owner came out, asking Latnok where he was, apparently oblivious to the dog's presence right in front of him.
Normally, Latnok would just hand the dog back; his duty was to his fellow man, not to animals. However, with Raclaw being involved and protecting the animal, Latnok decided to cooperate with him, at least until he got the whole deal about what was happening.
"No. I'm looking for a vampire, not any sort of dog," Latnok told the man. "I would stay home right now if I were you; doubt your dog is worth you disappearing when you go down an alley looking for him." His armor would testify to the credibility of his claims, and if the man had any doubts, there was always the silver axe and silver ammunition Latnok carried. "I'll have it dead by tonight; ask around for the dog tomorrow morning."

"Vam.. Vampires? Here?!," the man exclaimed his tone shifting from very angry to very scared. He took a good look at Latnok and knew that by the looks of his armor-- he was an Guardian. He glanced in the direction of Raclaw and figured him to some kind of fluffy mount, although he wouldn't expect an Guardian to have such a mount. Regardless, that little fib was enough to frighten the man and he ran promptly ran back down the alleyway and towards his door. "Oh-- screw that mutt! He can fend for himself! Honey, lock the doors NOW!," his voice could be heard as he dropped the butcher knife near the edge of the alleyway. "But-- but what about Chester?," the sound of the woman could be heard as she had realised what she had done. "Just do it... NOW!," his voice could be heard one last time as they slammed their shut and started to bolt lock it.

"How-- how did you do that?," Chester said to Raclaw using a mixture of barks and other dog-like noises. "Telepathy-- long story short, I'm a fur dragon.," Raclaw barked back. "You're-- you're a dragon?! But-- the fur and the collar! Wait...," Chester said actually peeking out from under Raclaw and approaching Latnok. "If you're a dragon and he's an Guardian-- is he your human?," Chester asked looking at Raclaw. "Well-- yes but no. We are traveling together, but I am my own dragon.," Raclaw explained quickly clarifying himself. Technically, he was 'owned' by the Guardians under Aelinon law-- but only as an requirement for his flight status. He repeated the same line that Latnok had told others many times, adamant that he was not their pet.

Raclaw then looked at Latnok and the confused expression that highlighted the Guardian's face. He initially started to say something in the same 'dogspeak' dialect he had been using, but quickly stopped himself and spoke once again in regular common. "I-- I should explain. Latnok meet Chester; Chester meet Latnok.," he said getting between the two and starting with formal introductions. Chester barked a friendly greeting. "Chester here was about to become dinner for his very hungry owners. The husband wanted to chop him up, when the wife opened the door and let him out. I-- I don't think he can return nor would he want to.," Raclaw than explained knowing that his human Guardian companion would have numerous questions.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:20:08 06/09/2018 by redwes
#1223 Posted: 15:32:16 06/09/2018
Sapphire quickly looked around an when nobody was close said "Yes of course but remember we have to look like we know what we are doing. These kind of black markets have great connetions. And usually there seems to be someone recruiting for the league of assassins. Dex is their member so if we play this right they might take us there. And i have a plan how i will make that happen. And dont worry this group is nothing like the brotherhood, or that atleast what Dex told me."
After they made it in there was lot of people and many kinds of things. Sapphire walked clearly looking for something.

"He wants powerfull members, but members are no good if you can not trust them. Thats why he is with our leader" The man said To Angora
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1224 Posted: 15:47:03 06/09/2018
"Understood." Maverick commented, continuing to follow her while pretending to look around. He now believed that either Dex was here or someone knew of his whereabouts. He played it cool, looking around and seeing that this could be an interesting place to sell his own merchandise. But this was a black market, so he decided it was better not to get involved and just follow Sapphire's lead.

Angora simply nodded, knowing that she wasn't going to get any major information from him. So instead, she asked one last question.
"Alright then, what about me? Am I just another one to increase numbers?" she then asked in the most polite way possible, finding it peculiar that Blue would accept them just like that when Maverick offered themselves. Perhaps numbers were as important as him as power.
---
#1225 Posted: 15:49:32 06/09/2018
Latnok was content that the story worked as well as he intended. As the man immediately went running back into his home, he gave the others an undersranding but confused nod - which changed to more confusion as the two continued to apparently bark and make dog noises at each other.
"So... you're saying you can understand this thing?" Latnok asked. "Is this like communicating with Veris? No, wait - there'd need to be a link for that. You can straight-up talk in his language. As the encounter took a bit of time, Latnok kept moving, but continued to speak.
"So, uh, Chester, he can stay with us - for tonight, at least. We'll figure out what will happen in the morning. But I have to ask, how long have you been able to speak to dogs? And can you speak with every animal? Do you know how much money you could make being a medium between owners and their pets?" Latnok, ever the pragmatist, almost immediately jumped to practical applications of Raclaw's ability.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1226 Posted: 17:14:15 06/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade growled but reluctantly followed Blue. "You low life scum!"

Meanwhile the red Dragon followed Tax law and Latnok from the roof tops.
---
SC
#1227 Posted: 17:42:00 06/09/2018
Sapphire nodded and continued her search it did not take long for her To spot what she was after. "There we go. Dex told me that messengers from the league always hold hoods like that." Sapphire whispered. "Wait here i have preparded something that should help us" she continued and went to talk with the man

"Our leader takes everybody in, and wants more members. I am sure he wants to know more about you too, but now he thinks the dragon is most important" the man answered To Angora

Blue did not answer he just walked and made sure Shade was following. Then he made it to the door and knocked "Master the dragon is here like you asked" Blue said
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:15:32 06/09/2018 by cyndego
#1228 Posted: 18:01:02 06/09/2018
Maverick let Sapphire do all the talking, even if it seemed very strange that she, who looked like she could be a pet, was the one talking while he, the human, simply stood aside. These hooded figures were rather scary, but he believed they were key in helping them. All the hybrid could do was trust that Sapphire knew what she was doing...

"Greaaat. So I'm just a bonus recruit." Angora said sarcastically, being done with the questioning. She then retreated further into her cell, using the bed the other members prepared for her for the first time. She didn't want to risk escaping and making things worse for her and her family, so she stayed put, waiting until it was her turn to meet the master. She worried the most about Shade, but she couldn't do anything in her position, so all she could do was hope that Shade would be alright and that he would control himself. The time would come when he could see that she and Maverick were unharmed and well, just awaiting for the moment when they could be together again.
---
#1229 Posted: 19:04:58 06/09/2018
Latnok was content that the story worked as well as he intended. As the man immediately went running back into his home, he gave the others an understanding but confused nod - which changed to more confusion as the two continued to apparently bark and make dog noises at each other.
"So... you're saying you can understand this thing?" Latnok asked. "Is this like communicating with Veris? No, wait - there'd need to be a link for that. You can straight-up talk in his language. As the encounter took a bit of time, Latnok kept moving, but continued to speak.
"So, uh, Chester, he can stay with us - for tonight, at least. We'll figure out what will happen in the morning. But I have to ask, how long have you been able to speak to dogs? And can you speak with every animal? Do you know how much money you could make being a medium between owners and their pets?" Latnok, ever the pragmatist, almost immediately jumped to practical applications of Raclaw's ability.

Before they left the scene, Raclaw quickly 'claimed' the dropped butcher knife and dropped it into his stash. 'You never know when this will come in handy.,' he thought to himself. He couldn't really use the blade himself, but he could at least provide another with a makeshift weapon in a pinch. As he and Chester talked, he introduced himself and answered any basic questions the beagle mix had. Even the local animals questioned his collar-- and what it meant for his status in the world. When asked, Raclaw noticed how Chester lacked any collar-- to which Chester provided a gloomly response. His owners, presumily the husband, had removed it just prior to him running. He also took interest in the green gem on Raclaw's collar, which wasn't too surprising as it was shiny thing-- and many dogs were attracted to such things.

"I've been able to both understand and speak to dogs for as long as I could remember, ever since I was a young pup-- err cub.," Raclaw explained in common. "As you probably know, I was raised in a country where humans didn't adapt the same common that you and I speak. This combined with my lack of telepathy at the time meant that though I could understand the language-- I couldn't speak it and had to learn dragon-human communication via what I believe to be your Wyvern gesture system, as Julian played a part in that. And then there was Sandy the German Shepard. She was the family dog-- I believe you saw some of my memories of her. She and I grew up together and she developed her tongue, so did I. Together we learned many of the same things-- our general behaviors, how to keep ourselves entertained, how to do tricks, and... well dog stuff.," Raclaw said about to mention following commands such as 'sit' and 'roll over' among others. "The point is-- I grew up aside a dog and most of this was before I ever meant Julian. I became more of an equal in my later years and even tried to slowly lean myself off some of these previously learned behaviors.," he then said pausing before answering Latnok's next question.

"As for if I can speak to other animals-- I've never really tried but that's not to say that it's impossible.," Raclaw said thinking about the possibilities. "I'll be honest-- I've always taken the ability for granted or figured that showing it would undermine my status as a free dragon. I've never considered that some people might actually want someone with such an unique trait and that-- and that I could form some kind of bridge between owners and pets alike. You might actually be onto something, Latnok.," he then thought out loud. In his head, he compared the new idea to how he was now actively strengthening the bond between Veris and his Guardian masters. If he could do the same for all animals or even just dogs, he might actually make the world a better place even if only slightly.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:39:21 06/09/2018 by redwes
#1230 Posted: 19:18:44 06/09/2018
It did not take long before Sapphire returned. She had a small bag and she put two papers there. "Well that worked out better then I tought. Lets get out of here and i will tell you" Sapphire said with a smilei and started to walk out.

"Is there anything special about you? You words makes me think that way" The man asked hoping Angora would still answer

"In" a voice said and Blue opened the door. The room was dark and there was only some light coming from one window. "Go In. And know this Is rare, he does not take anybody In usually" Blue said
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1231 Posted: 19:27:05 06/09/2018
As always, Maverick followed her without asking questions, giving her the time for her to explain when she felt like it. For now, all he cared about was getting Sapphire to his side so she could help him rescue his friends and finally having redeem himself.

In her cell, Angora wanted some peace and quiet, but it seemed like the man guarding her has grown too curious about her. Knowing that she would become bored eventually, she decided to amuse him.
"Well, I'm a troll the pathetic size of a goblin which speaks better than other members of my kind." Angora answered smugly, deciding to keep her magic a secret for now. Most trolls couldn't speak, or could only speak broken English and almost always referred to themselves in the third person. She was one of the few who could speak perfectly without any stammering or doubts.
---
#1232 Posted: 19:55:23 06/09/2018
When they where out Sapphire chanced and looked much happier. "I am sure you want to know what happend. So i used a note Dex left me and maked it a letter which says I am his his girlfriend and when I give the letter he wants me taken to him by the league. I also joined them which means I am officially done with the brotherhood. So now we have to wait to night and we will have a horse cart take us to his working place. He is pretty high in their rankings so they are ready to make stuff like this happen for him. There is something i want to talk about seriously with you, but ask me if There is still something you want to know" Sapphire said looking very happy and proud of herself

"Well you are special for sure that might even make our leader interested. Is there something else" The man said hoping to find something great to tell for Blue
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1233 Posted: 20:07:24 06/09/2018
Maverick couldn't help but chuckle at her comment.
"Girlfriend? Heh, I knew it!" he said quite exitedly, having believed the words.
"Sorry for laughing. It's just... never mind. So all it took was that letter to leave that brotherhood thing? Better not let that Blue dragon find out. Which reminds me, I wonder how Angorita and Oscurito are doing. It's my fault they are in this predicament. They won't hurt them, would they?" Maverick said, his amusement immediately transforming into extreme concern. He practically sold himself and his friends to that sadistic dragon, and he couldn't bear the thought of knowing they were imprisoned or worse because of him. If only there could've been mother way to escape that dragon's clutches...

"What can I say? Since I am this small, I'm also very agile. I can also steal things almost effortlessly." Angora said, pretending to be proud, and once again keeping her magic a secret. If they knew that a troll could use magic, she was certain the guards would simply increase their watch and maybe even transfer her to a more secured prison. But the secret was also to avoid making the boss more interested in her. She wanted to be as underestimated as possible so that it could be easier to escape when the moment comes...
---
#1234 Posted: 20:47:14 06/09/2018
Latnok listened intently as Raclaw explained his background - the way his living environment affected him was beginning to be very clearly apparent. Communication with Veris, communication with the dog... what other possibilities were there? Just how intelligent did an animal have to be in order to understand the communication, anyway?
"Well, we're headed to a new place, likely with some uncommon wildlife," Latnok said. "I can guarantee that you will have at least some opportunities to test the limits of your abilities there. Hopefully things go smoothly once we're on the islands; if they don't, however, well, that's what Godfather Sere and I are here for."
After a while, the group was at the docks, where, even in the darker hours, many ships, both military and non-military, were still coming in and going out. "Our ship is somewhere in one of the ports," Latnok said. "Not exactly the cheapest thing, so we should try not to sink it. Now, let's just find an inn."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:13 06/09/2018 by A Guy
#1235 Posted: 20:58:41 06/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade growled. “I mean it! Try anything to my family and I’ll kill you both!” Shade said.

Meanwhile the red dragon following Raclaw and Latnok was in the shadows keeping an eye on them.
---
SC
#1236 Posted: 21:06:50 06/09/2018
"You're probably right.," Raclaw said with a smile. As they approached the docks and eventually the inn, Chester's little legs grew tired of walking after a long stressful day and Raclaw offered himself as a traveling bed-- something the tired Beagle gracefully accepted. Raclaw looked back at the now nearly asleep Chester and nodded, agreeing with Latnok. "Let's-- I believe he's ready.," he said in a slightly gentler tone. Raclaw pointed out potential options, taking into account how they would accommodate not only a dragon such as himself-- but now also a former pet. This was harder than initially expected, as some didn't want to deal with dog odor or the potential of having to clean up after its mess. "How about this one?," he suggested pinpointing one which advertised its friendliness towards "creatures of all shapes and sizes." It's logo consisted of an dog sleeping on what looked like a gryphon, a rather ironic site considering the circumstances. 'Sleep Chester-- Sleep. We'll be there soon.,' he thought to himself.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:16:29 06/09/2018 by redwes
#1237 Posted: 21:38:33 06/09/2018
"That sounds like an excellent place," Latnok said. It seemed to be a relatively newer place, so Latnok was counting on them to try their hardest to make a wonderful first impression. "So a human, a dragon, and a dog walk into an inn... sounds like a joke."
The group walked in to what was a rather spacious lobby, with the sound of chatter all around as many people - and their pets - entertained each other. The logo of the inn could clearly be seen mounted on the wall opposite the entrance. At the reception counter, a young lady greeted Latnok with a bright smile.
"Good evening, and welcome to the Easy Eyrie Inn! What will it be for you? A drink? Room for you and your dog and..."
"Dragon," Latnok offered.
"Oh, dragon? Isn't he adorable!"
"Yeah, yeah, I guess he is. Anyway, he's not my pet, we're travelling together. I'll have some steak and a glass of whatever ale you have, and you can ask him what he and the dog want. If he wants his own room, then give it to him, otherwise we'll need a room that accommodates all three of us. Oh, yeah - name's Latnok, the dragon is Raclaw, and the dog is Chester."
"Yes, sir," the lady said. "Hello, Raclaw, what can I get for you?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1238 Posted: 22:12:26 06/09/2018
As they entered the inn, Raclaw made sure that Chester was awake-- promising food and a fresh bad. He gave a little laugh at Latnok's comment-- agreeing with the Guardian humor in this case. "I would like the steak and a glass of water please. And just the one room will be fine.. thank-you.," he said with a smile. "Excuse me for a moment while I converse with our tired friend here.," he gently added wishing he had taught Chester how to understand his telepathy so that he wouldn't have to bark in public. "Hey-- Chester. We're getting something to eat while they get our room ready. What do you want? It can be anything...," he said in as quiet as a tone as he could. "Steak?," Chester responded his eyes lighting up similar to how Raclaw's did at times. "And to drink? Anything in particular?," he asked. "Uh... water?," Chester responded probably having never been offered anything else. Raclaw looked back at the lady and nodded indicating they were ready. "Chester here would like the same please-- steak and water.," he said with a another gentle smile.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:46:45 06/09/2018 by redwes
#1239 Posted: 22:14:39 06/09/2018
"Well That was my trick.....there is nothing like that between us....." She said clearly blushing "Anyway it is not so weird for them to have creatures jumping in and out the league to join them or leave and join the brotherhood. I told them I ran away from them.... because of Dex and now wanted to join league. Then the made me write some papers and that was it. Now they headcourtesrs will have the papers and put me in their members Lost. And after that It kind of means that brotherhood wants to kill me." Sapphire said... "Your friends will be fine. Blue wants more members and because we are after Dex he needs something to keep you working for him.... so he is not going to hurt them for sure." She said
"If you dont have any more questions, I would like to ask you something before our ride comes. You said you did not talk with Dex a lot, but he still looks like he is ready to fight for you.... could you tell me anything more about him.... is like nice guy or no......" Sapphire said clearly having something in her mind.

"Hmm Well that sounds pretty good in fact. We need more creatures able to steal stuff for us. If you start to work with us... I am sure you will be usefull and gain some fame in here" The man said clearly interested about what Angora said.

"Come in now and close the door, you friends will be fine as long as you dont do anything stupid." The voice said. Blue watching Shade "Show more respect. He is even stronger then me, and he has not taken any other member of the brotherhood in before you. So you should be happy about this... there is clearly something special in you in his mind. So go and do what he says..... or I will have some fun with your friends and trust me Thats something I would love to do" Blue said
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1240 Posted: 22:23:32 06/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“I will not show any respect to those who take me and separate my family!” He growled getting angry. “Do not test the waters with me!” He said showing his sharp teeth. A flicker of energy could be seen coming from him.
---
SC
#1241 Posted: 22:30:28 06/09/2018
"Hmm Well that sounds pretty good in fact. We need more creatures able to steal stuff for us. If you start to work with us... I am sure you will be usefull and gain some fame in here" The man said clearly interested about what Angora said.

"Heh, fame..." Angora said as she sulked away in her bed again, wanting to demonstrate the man that she wasn't interested about that. She was glad that she commented about her ability as a thief, since that seemed to draw enough attention from him to make him stop asking further questions. Even though she was answering, her mind was still with her friends. What was Shade and Maverick doing right now?

"Well That was my trick.....there is nothing like that between us....." She said clearly blushing "Anyway it is not so weird for them to have creatures jumping in and out the league to join them or leave and join the brotherhood. I told them I ran away from them.... because of Dex and now wanted to join league. Then the made me write some papers and that was it. Now they headcourtesrs will have the papers and put me in their members Lost. And after that It kind of means that brotherhood wants to kill me." Sapphire said... "Your friends will be fine. Blue wants more members and because we are after Dex he needs something to keep you working for him.... so he is not going to hurt them for sure." She said
"If you dont have any more questions, I would like to ask you something before our ride comes. You said you did not talk with Dex a lot, but he still looks like he is ready to fight for you.... could you tell me anything more about him.... is like nice guy or no......" Sapphire said clearly having something in her mind.

Far away from there, Maverick understood Sapphire very well about their relationship, since he was feeling the same way lately. Nevertheless, he decided not to dwell on it to avoid embarrassing her, but also because there were more important subjects to discuss. He proceeded to answer her own question.
"I'm not really sure. Angorita would know more about him than I do. She spent more time with him. Even though I didn't interact much with him, he seemed like a good guy, just maybe a little reserved." Maverick commented, not knowing much about Dex, but believing he was indeed a good guy if he saved them from Blue once.
"With what little I could get of him, he is the kind of creature who would rather keep his feelings to himself." Maverick concluded, giving her a little wink. Dex seemed menacing for his size, but it was clear to him that he was a good guy due to his aforementioned saving and Sapphire having what seemed like strong feelings for him.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 22:59:15 06/09/2018 by Felines
#1242 Posted: 22:33:09 06/09/2018
"Sure thing, sir, we will get that prepared for all of you," the innkeeper said. "I will also prepare your rooms."
Soon, another worker brought Latnok the beer he asked for, assuring Raclaw that his food would be ready soon. "You know what? Hold my beer," Latnok told the inn worker. "I'll be right back." He had to inform Sere of where the group was planning to stay.

Not too long after, Latnok and Sere returned, with Latnok receiving his beer, and the food and water being given to Raclaw and Chester. Sere ordered a beer himself, and then the two ordered some venison. There would be some time to relax and talk with the other patrons of the inn before turning in for the night.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1243 Posted: 23:09:17 06/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile The red dragon had followed them there but he didn’t enter the inn. He stood just within sight. Then a cart passed in front of the red dragon and he was gone. Almost like a spirit.
---
SC
#1244 Posted: 23:13:18 06/09/2018
"Sure thing, sir, we will get that prepared for all of you," the innkeeper said. "I will also prepare your rooms."
Soon, another worker brought Latnok the beer he asked for, assuring Raclaw that his food would be ready soon. "You know what? Hold my beer," Latnok told the inn worker. "I'll be right back." He had to inform Sere of where the group was planning to stay.

Not too long after, Latnok and Sere returned, with Latnok receiving his beer, and the food and water being given to Raclaw and Chester. Sere ordered a beer himself, and then the two ordered some venison. There would be some time to relax and talk with the other patrons of the inn before turning in for the night.

"Thank-you.," Raclaw said with a polite smile as they received their food. He looked across the table at the others, he recalled the Guardian party and amazing food they had experienced just after coming back from their previous journey. This was place was going to be a nice little reprieve before they set sail-- having to deal with rain, rough weather, and numerous other hazards. He looked down at the chair next to him, to which the staff had provided a doggy booster seat for Chester. He wondered what would become of him in the morning, now he had no owner that wanted him and they themselves would be going on another possibly dangerous journey. As they started eating and talking, Raclaw helped Latnok explain what happened to them in the city-- and the reason for their new four-legged friend. "...and that's when the man went running screaming like a little girl.," he said with a slight laugh enjoying that little fib.

When asked if anything else was new about them, Raclaw mentioned the artifact that Latnok had bought for him. Naturally, that conversation led to topic of getting it to work and... Damon. "Godfather Sere-- there is something else you need to know as well. We didn't want to disturb you with this news, but the entity inside the collar has awoken.," Raclaw said. "Collar? Entity?," Chester asked out of curiosity. "It's a long story.," Raclaw replied displaying a little bit of his rarely-used-till-now ability. He proceeded to explain everything that had happened with the collar and how they had finally revealed the identity of the soul trapped within it. Meanwhile, Damon had been eerily quiet since the last conversation-- perhaps trying to give its host some space.
---
#1245 Posted: 23:23:34 06/09/2018
"That is most definitely something we need to keep track of," Sere said. "Though Damon sounds benevolent, for the most part, we can't dismiss the possibility that he can go rogue - possibly involuntarily. Although, learning more about what exactly is in the collar does somewhat ease my concerns about the possibilities." Sere got right back to the main matter at hand afterward. "In the meantime, I've ensured that our ship will be ready to leave in the next few days. We just need to find the crew to man it - which we will be doing tomorrow."
"I'm rather looking forward to it," Latnok said.
"What? Another excuse for a drunken brawl?"
"Don't act like you don't have fun watching them!"
Soon, the venison for the two humans arrived, and they continued to speak about the coming day as they ate.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1246 Posted: 00:23:08 07/09/2018
As the two Guardians discussed their plans for the following day, Raclaw smiled at the mention of a bar fight. Meanwhile, Chester began to get curious and started to ask his own questions to Raclaw. He answered the Beagle's questions to the best of his ability given the time frame. Eventually, Chester just started asking silly questions. "So you bark, wear a collar, and are full of oh so comfortable fluff-- are you sure you're a dragon and not some mutated Golden Retriever or something?.," Chester asked looking up at his new friend. "Yes-- I'm pretty positive. Golden Retrievers don't breath fire now, do they?," Raclaw responded with a smile. "Oh right-- I knew that. I just figured you might be different because of-- you know... the fur. How does it not catch on fire?," Chester asking clearing being very young for a dog-- perhaps three years in age. "It just-- doesn't. It doesn't work that way. Now if you're talking about the cold rain--" Raclaw responded getting interrupted.

"My master once locked me out for three days and all because I knocked over the brown-colored water he always had with him. It didn't stop raining for another two days.," Chester interjected with a story of his past. Based off what he had heard thus far-- the husband had been a drunk and the wife had become an overspender. More time passed and more conversation resumed between the talkative pair-- all in barks and other dog like noises. "Your collar-- does it hurt when it shocks you?," Chester eventually asked somehow getting to the relevant subject. "It does-- a lot. That's why I've only gone through it a few times and never intentionally.," Raclaw responded. It was probably a good thing they could communicate without the telepathic link. That meant that Chester would never have to deal with Damon or anything else that went through his system.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:04:45 07/09/2018 by redwes
#1247 Posted: 02:11:02 07/09/2018
Sapphire just smiled knowing there would be no need to talk about the matter. Soon just like promised a horse cart came and a hooded man was driving it. "Lets go we have a mission to do" Sapphire said going in the cart

"There we go. You clearly have power and Thats Why I wanted you here" The voice said. Blue backed down a little clearly not knowing what would happen next.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1248 Posted: 02:13:45 07/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“What do you want with me?!” Shade said.
---
SC
#1249 Posted: 02:33:34 07/09/2018
With the tension increasing with Shade, Angora remained in her cell, getting ready to brainstorm some ideas. There was nothing else she could do in those circumstances, and if she tried to escape, the situation could retialate against her and maybe even Shade himself. She doubted Sapphire was on their side, so she believed Maverick was in danger as well. If that fox could hypnotize him, there was no telling what she could make him do. Nevertheless, she was certain that Blue, or whoever the leader of this place was, wanted them alive for now, which would give them plenty of time to think of a way to win their freedom.

But as she rested on her back, something hard was pressing against her. At first she thought it was a spring or a lump in the bed, but when she checked, it was something on the back pocket of her robe. It was... a scroll? She was certain she didn't have that before, so it became evident someone put it there. But who? The only one that touched her was Maverick. Did he put it there? Or was it Orion when he teleported them? Nevertheless, what it was could be useful, and since she had nothing to do, she opened it up, finding to her disdain they were instructions to how to use telepathy? Who gave her this? Did Maverick had this with him and put it there when giving her the hug? Or was it Orion once again trying to help them? Whatever the case, this could be useful, so using her pillow to hide the scroll, she began to read...

Sapphire just smiled knowing there would be no need to talk about the matter. Soon just like promised a horse cart came and a hooded man was driving it. "Lets go we have a mission to do" Sapphire said going in the cart.

Maverick went to the cart without asking questions. He wasn't sure about this, but he went along with it anyway. Whether Sapphire was worth trusting or not he didn't know, but she was his only hope in rescuing his friends. Former pirate or not, he didn't have magic, and he couldn't stand a chance against whatever army the brotherhood possessed. Sapphire was the only one he could count on.
"Little fox, do you think my friends are alright?" Maverick asked after a while, his air of optimism slowly fading away. He couldn't bear the thought of his dear friends spending the night in another prison cell or something worse, when they barely got away from their horrible ordeal in Aelinon.
---
#1250 Posted: 10:22:47 07/09/2018
Sere looked at the odd sight of Raclaw and Chester communicating through each other with barks. It was definitely not something very common - but then, considering the circumstances, not something which was unexpected, either.
"Wonderful - I really wish I had someone of your talents around more often," Sere said. "The job would be much easier if you could ask various types of creatures to leave instead of having to fight them. Many of them are hostile because they don't undestand the intentions of others - unfortunately, when they enforce their territory without exception, that threatens too many innocent people, and that is not a risk we can afford to take. Speaking of which... I once had a hunting dog, just like the beagle here. You see, hunting was often a sport for us nobles..." Sere ended up on a long tangent of various stories of his time with his dog, which Latnok listened to, though not particularly caring for them. Eventually, like all good things, it came to an end.
"So... what sort of crew do you guys hope we'll find?" Latnok asked the others. "I'm hoping we at least have another set of strong hands, like a minotaur. Doing all the backbreaking work myself gets old..."

"Telepathy is a spell which allows the user to communicate thoughts and emotions to others by putting them directly in mind, as opposed to sharing them visually or audibly. Telepathy, in most cases, requires general knowledge of where the target is, as well as being within a reasonable range. The farther the target, the harder the spell is to cast.
"With telepathy, magic energy should be focused in one's head. The focus of the spell should be on connecting with the mind of the target. Empathizing with the target can make the spell easier to cast, though it is not necessary for more experienced casters. Simply having the intent to cast the spell is a sufficient invocation.
"Telepathy can also be cast more generally, to any receptive mind. For this, rather than focusing on a specific target, one's focus should be on broadcasting one's thoughts, with a strong focus on them, as if shouting."
---
I'm just... a guy...
First | Previous | Page 25 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me