Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 24 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1151 Posted: 21:04:36 03/09/2018
Quote: cyndego
"Thank you so much" Sapphire said. "I dont know should I ask this, but you know Dex right.... Last time he saw you it was pretty clear he was making things up because ..... you know because of Blue. Like you probably know he saved your lifes back there (She thought Angora had told him), that must mean he has some bond with you all" Sapphire said with a very shy voice.

"Dex? Oh, you mean the black fox friend of yours? Yeah, well like I said, we travelled for a while. We didn't talked very much, but he seemed like a nice lad. I don't know why he was with that blue scary dragon though... or you, but I suppose that's all in the past now. Glad you were able to escape." Maverick commented, not certain on how Dex and a Sapphire got mixed with the mean reptile, but the point was that both of them seemed to want nothing to do with him now. Talking with Sapphire was so pleasant, anyone could confuse them as very good friends right now.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:05:41 03/09/2018 by Felines
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8637
#1152 Posted: 21:47:44 03/09/2018
Quote: A Guy
Ilasi looked startled for a brief moment as Raclaw spoke to her, then regained her composure. "Oh, so you can... oh, nevermind, of course you can. I was hoping that he would at least try to stay a little longer to see that this place can actually be quite good..."
"Oh, I'm sure he would've stayed if he was in a place like Redwater," Latnok said. Redwater was a place he himself really enjoyed being in - even though he wasn't much to socialize, the taverns were a wonderful place nonetheless, especially with all of the fights (albeit highly regulated). "He probably would've had his fill there. But you see, the troll has Maverick wrapped around her finger, believe it or not. Wherever she goes, he goes. Don't ask me why he's so obsessed with her - that's just the way it is, however."
"Really..." Ilasi said, a mix of disbelief and disappointment.
"Oh, it's something I've had enough experience with myself," Latnok said. "Bends over backwards to make excuses for every horrible thing she does. I was hoping that he would be able to change her, but it's become evident to me that he bends to her wishes. Of course, I wish the best for him - I just think it's rather sad what he's become. That sort of loyalty would be much better placed with someone who actually cares about other people."
Ilasi said no more, just absorbing Latnok's words, just nodding her head silently at the last statement. "Well... looks like I'll be headed out, then," she said. "A lot is going on in Redwater these days, with the war - a lot of supplies being moved out, spoils and prisoners being moved in, that sort of thing. Maybe I'll have some more opportunities there, to do something meaningful."
"Hmm, meaningful, you say..." Latnok thought out loud.

Raclaw merely smiled at Ilasi' initial shock at the idea of a talking dragon; something he found somewhat amusing. As Latnok spoke, he wished that could somehow change the Guardian's views on their former companions-- particularly Angora. However, he had long since known that such attempts were futile at best and that the Guardian had his reasons. He had his own reasons as well, but he and Latnok at least respected each other in that regard. "You know-- it's funny you say that.," he spoke up again knowing where his human companion was going with his thoughts. "Where we're going, we might actually be in need of a guide. As you said yourself, it's an incredibly dangerous journey and we could use someone like yourself to help guide us over the rough tides and whatnot. Right Latnok?," he said looking at the Guardian and trying to appease the mermaid's desire for something greater-- while also saving them time in the search for such a person.
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:59 03/09/2018 by redwes
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1153 Posted: 22:44:26 03/09/2018
"Yes Thats the one. I knew there was something more then he was saying. Well the fact is that Blue wants him to join his brotherhood..... He ended up with us by accident. He used Blue cleverly taking me to his mission and in the end left without returning to Blue like he said he would. In his mission we in fact had nice time together..... or so I thought before he left. Now I am not sure what he thinks... he left this to me thought" Sapphire said showing the nekclace with the ring to Maverick. Sapphire also started to feel nice about talking to Maverick and She in fact started to hope this would not be her mission.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1154 Posted: 22:54:04 03/09/2018
"Well..." Ilasi said, "I know some water magic, and some things about seafaring, but I'm not the most experienced mermaid you will find in that regard. The most useful thing I could probably do for you is fishing in bad weather. Considering the nature of-"
"Wait, that's perfect!" Latnok interjected. "One of the things we have on board with us is a giant wyvern, who wants nothing more than to eat whatever he can find. Someone like you could probably make it easier for us to keep him fed."
"Well... maybe I can..." Ilasi said, still sounding somewhat reluctant. "Even then, you would still need a stockpile."
"Godfather Sere should be handling that. So... you interested?"
"...I will be at Redwater not too long from now. I will need time to think."
"According to Godfather Sere, our ship is big, rather unusual in shape to accommodate Veris, our wyvern, and will have our logo on it. You can probably find us either there or in one of the taverns recruiting if you decide to come with us."
"Yes, that sounds good... thank you," Ilasi said. "Of course, you will probably run into Lydia in one of those taverns - she would be very, very useful..."
"The offer stands," Latnok said. "We will see you at Redwater if you accept."
---
I'm just... a guy...
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8663
#1155 Posted: 23:17:50 03/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade nuzzled her. “Come on it’s getting dark we should make camp.” He said.
---
SC
#1156 Posted: 23:33:53 03/09/2018
Angora went away to get some firewood, signaling Shade to keep an eye on Sapphire. Seeing the sun setting, Maverick finished up with the antibiotic and bandages, he carried Sapphire to where Shade was.
"Come on little fox. We will camp here. Oscurito here will light up a nice, warm fire for us. That wound is not so bad, so you should feel better in the morning." Maverick said, as he placed Sapphire gently on the ground, picking up grass and leaves from nearby to make her a bed while he waited for Angora to return with the firewood. He wouldn't mind having the cute little fox as another traveling companion, of course, after Angora finally warms up to her.
---
#1157 Posted: 23:35:14 03/09/2018
"Well..." Ilasi said, "I know some water magic, and some things about seafaring, but I'm not the most experienced mermaid you will find in that regard. The most useful thing I could probably do for you is fishing in bad weather. Considering the nature of-"
"Wait, that's perfect!" Latnok interjected. "One of the things we have on board with us is a giant wyvern, who wants nothing more than to eat whatever he can find. Someone like you could probably make it easier for us to keep him fed."
"Well... maybe I can..." Ilasi said, still sounding somewhat reluctant. "Even then, you would still need a stockpile."
"Godfather Sere should be handling that. So... you interested?"
"...I will be at Redwater not too long from now. I will need time to think."
"According to Godfather Sere, our ship is big, rather unusual in shape to accommodate Veris, our wyvern, and will have our logo on it. You can probably find us either there or in one of the taverns recruiting if you decide to come with us."
"Yes, that sounds good... thank you," Ilasi said. "Of course, you will probably run into Lydia in one of those taverns - she would be very, very useful..."
"The offer stands," Latnok said. "We will see you at Redwater if you accept."

"For what's it's worth, I hope you accept.," Raclaw immediately said with a big grin. "I heard what you said at the trial-- you have a kind heart and you were willing to stand up for them. Someone like you could go far in this world and I have a feeling you are destined for many great things.," he added recognizing that key trait. As they prepared to leave, he was sure that Ilasi had many questions-- such as his whole deal and why they were even going to Falcon's Beak in the first place. He would gladly answer any such questions should Ilasi accept.
---
#1158 Posted: 23:56:12 03/09/2018
Name: Ilasi
Species: Mermaid
Good or evil: Good
Appearance: The classic human/fish hybrid in the water, lower body transforms to legs after some time on land.
Personality: She is generally very kind, but has a tendency to be timid and lacks self-confidence. Nevertheless, she is working to improve her general position. Though the laws and the general atmosphere in Aelinon can be harsh, she has faith in the system, and believes such harsh laws are necessary to protect everyone.
Weapons: None, except her magic.
Elements: Water
History: Born in Aelinon, Ilasi was born to a rather average merfolk family. Not satisfied with the limits her family would impose on her, she set out to make her own way in life.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1159 Posted: 00:11:18 04/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Ooc: accepted!
---
SC
#1160 Posted: 00:15:42 04/09/2018
"I appreciate the kind words," Ilasi said to Raclaw. "We will see what happens when this is all done."
It was then that Sere appeared, apparently having completed his tasks. "There you two are!" he said. "Are we all ready to move out?"
"Yes, we are," Latnok said. "Just talking to this mermaid here, who may or may not be joining us."
"I'll be in Redwater soon, uh... sir," Ilasi said. "I need to see what is going on before I make a decision."
"That is fine," Sere said. "Wouldn't want to rush into anything rash, especially on a scale like what we're doing, right? If we don't have anything else to do, let's get flying over there now. It'll be quite a journey; we may stop every now and then to take a break."
"I'm ready," Latnok said. "Where's Veris?"
"Right where we left him. Let's go."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1161 Posted: 00:22:15 04/09/2018
"Thank you" Sapphire said. She was really touched by the kindness of Maverick. There was nothing like that in the brotherhood. She rememberd her old human family. How happy She was playing with the kids..... Blue told him they did not let her to use her potential..... but was that really so bad..... She was happy after all....after Maverick was done with the bed She took few slow steps and took a comfortable position.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1162 Posted: 00:42:23 04/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“I’ll look for some wood.” Shade said. He then went into The nearby forest to look for some wood.
---
SC
#1163 Posted: 00:44:16 04/09/2018
As Maverick watched the little fox using the improvised bed, he saw Angora returning with the firewood.
"Wait Oscurito. No need for that. Look." Maverick said, pointing at her. She then put the pile near Shade so he could do the rest of the work.
"Well isn't that cute? You made a bed for the poor, defenseless animal." Angora said sarcastically, still not liking the idea of having the troublesome fox with them. But Maverick simply shush her off.
"Be nice Angorita. The little lady seems like she's been through a lot. Come on mi Angorita. Give her a break." Maverick pleaded, knowing what it was like to be wounded and feel helpless. For the sake of her beloved friend, she decided to go along with his idea.
"Oh fine you silly boy, we'll do things your way. But I suggest you watch over her. Don't want anything strange happening. I'll stay up for a while and do a watch. You can never be too careful." Angora suggested, letting Sapphire stay with them as long as someone kept an eye on her. Maverick simply shrank his shoulders, knowing there was no way around her. Anyone would think he would be the most paranoid having been the one who spent an entire week in a cell when his friends were only for a night, but even his time in prison was not enough to break down that exaggeratedly kind heart of his.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:47:10 04/09/2018 by Felines
#1164 Posted: 00:56:12 04/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Heh! You’re right on it. Hehe.” Shade used his blue fire to light it up. He yawned just after. “I think I’m going to call it a night.”
---
SC
#1165 Posted: 01:06:41 04/09/2018
Meanwhile...
"I appreciate the kind words," Ilasi said to Raclaw. "We will see what happens when this is all done."
It was then that Sere appeared, apparently having completed his tasks. "There you two are!" he said. "Are we all ready to move out?"
"Yes, we are," Latnok said. "Just talking to this mermaid here, who may or may not be joining us."
"I'll be in Redwater soon, uh... sir," Ilasi said. "I need to see what is going on before I make a decision."
"That is fine," Sere said. "Wouldn't want to rush into anything rash, especially on a scale like what we're doing, right? If we don't have anything else to do, let's get flying over there now. It'll be quite a journey; we may stop every now and then to take a break."
"I'm ready," Latnok said. "Where's Veris?"
"Right where we left him. Let's go."

"Ready.," Raclaw said with a nod. "It was nice meeting you-- I hope to see you again.," Raclaw said to Ilasi prepared to take off with the others.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:19:58 04/09/2018 by redwes
#1166 Posted: 01:12:16 04/09/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
“Heh! You’re right on it. Hehe.” Shade used his blue fire to light it up. He yawned just after. “I think I’m going to call it a night.”

Maverick yawned as well, the gentle dim of the fire and Shade's own yawning making him sleepy as well.
"Well, I'm beat. You sure you'll be alright by yourself Angorita?" he asked, being concerned about the night watch she said she would do.
"Don't worry about me Mavi. I won't do another night stroll. It's what got us into trouble the last time. No no. I'll stay right in your line of sight. I'll do the watch without drifting away. Go ahead. Sleep my boys. I want you to wake up just in time to see the sunrise. I bet it's beautiful here." Angora said with a kind smile, but she was so bad in those it almost looked like she was forcing it. Maverick gave a small chuckle with her comment, finding it both funny and adorable how much Angora tried to be kind. He trusted her though, so knowing she won't go away this time, he proceeded to sleep himself, using a large leaf as a blanket and Shade's full belly as a pillow.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:13:04 04/09/2018 by Felines
#1167 Posted: 01:28:16 04/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade had already started to gently snore.
---
SC
#1168 Posted: 02:08:11 04/09/2018
Once the Guardians had reached Veris, Sere tossed him the leg of some game animal, which he ate without hesitation. "Just what I have been waiting for!" Veris said happily. After his quick meal, he got down to allow Sere and Latnok to mount, after which he took off.
"You see, Raclaw? That's what that troll turns people into when they go out of their way to accommodate her," Latnok said. "She demands all of Mav's attention, other people be damned, to the point where he won't even keep his word to anyone else anymore. Pretty sad, if you ask me. More of a pet than you will ever be."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1169 Posted: 02:19:29 04/09/2018
Maverick had missed the giant dragolet's snores, barely getting any sleep in his cell precisely because how quiet it was. Plus the vibrations he gave were really relaxing. He could finally sleep well. Angora kept watch while remaining nearby just as she promised. She watched the sunset quietly, the cloudy sky soon being replaced by a starry one. The bluish flame from the campfire provided enough light for her to watch her surroundings. Everything couldn't be calmer, and even though this wasn't Aelinon territory, she still wasn't taking any chances. Even if it was just simple paranoia, she wasn't going to be able to sleep without being one hundred percent certain that everything was finally alright.
---
#1170 Posted: 02:59:49 04/09/2018
Once the Guardians had reached Veris, Sere tossed him the leg of some game animal, which he ate without hesitation. "Just what I have been waiting for!" Veris said happily. After his quick meal, he got down to allow Sere and Latnok to mount, after which he took off.
"You see, Raclaw? That's what that troll turns people into when they go out of their way to accommodate her," Latnok said. "She demands all of Mav's attention, other people be damned, to the point where he won't even keep his word to anyone else anymore. Pretty sad, if you ask me. More of a pet than you will ever be."

Raclaw smiled as Veris ate-- happy to know just how satisfied the large Wyvern was with even the slightest bit of food, although of course he could always eat more. Part of him wished the ravendous Wyvern would learn the meaning of moderation, but he wasn't going to force that change. As Veris took off, so did he and they once again flew side-by-side. Whereas Veris outmatched him in raw size and pure strength-- Raclaw was lighter, more maneuverable, and could better take advantage of even the slightest breeze. As he flew, some of his longer hairs could be seen blowing with the wind-- and his silhouette from a far distance could almost be mistaken as that of ether a eagle or a gryphon depending on one's eyesight.

Just as Raclaw was about to respond to Latnok-- another voice could soon be heard over the links instead. "It-- it called to you didn't it?," the different voice said audible to even Veris. To Raclaw, it was clearly recognizable as the same voice he had heard throughout various points in his life-- the collar entity. To Latnok, it was recognizable as the same voice the Guardian had heard from behind Raclaw's door. "It's-- it's you again.," Raclaw said briefly losing his balance as the voice surprised him. "Don't be afraid young one-- I've been with you ever since Julian. The only difference now is that I can speak freely and without limitation on what I can and cannot say.," the voice immediately said as if to assure Raclaw of its intent. "You-- you could say it intrigued me and peaked my interest. Are.. are you sure--," Raclaw said immediately getting cut off. "Don't worry-- I already know the others can listen in. This artifact-- I once did research on such an item. You'll be interested to know that it even had a name once, although I fear that it has been lost to the ages. And you know-- for someone who constantly invades others' privacy, you sure do like to open your mind to everyone. You have to be careful, as you never know when you might let the wrong person in.," the voice commented on his numerous inbound/outbound connections.

As the collar entity spoke-- it could sense the fear that its host still felt about its presence. Meanwhile, Raclaw could be seen as noticeably distracted although not to the point where he couldn't fly. This was due in part to both his uneasiness on the entity's newfound freewill and the fact that his mind hadn't quite gotten used to the more constant interruptions yet. To those that heard it, it didn't sound as if the voice meant Raclaw harm-- although he clearly wasn't entirely comfortable or used to the whole idea of it freely speaking.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 14:32:18 04/09/2018 by redwes
#1171 Posted: 07:20:46 04/09/2018
Blue made used the mirror to contact his scout "Chance of plans. I will do my move now" He said and the little lizard quickly answered "Yes leader. The situation has not chanced since my last report"

Blue made his way closer to the group. Because of the lizards reports he knew where Angora was and made sure to get closer to the sleeping part of the group from a direction which was out of her line of sight. When he was close enough he turned his body to water (it was still shaped as himself) and with a high speed took out the fire Shade had made. "So nice to meet you again" Blue said with a Deep, but sarcastic voice.

Dex had finally accepted the situation and started to enjoy the peace once again. He had made himself somekind of relaxing spot to a corner of the base which nobody usually used. And now he was sleeping there, because of his many times sleeping outside this was not a problem to him. It was kind of nice chance after sleeping at his room so many days.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1172 Posted: 09:22:41 04/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade instantly opened his eyes and got up. He was on more on edge sense being in the dungeon so he slept lighter. “You! Why are you here?” He growled.
---
SC
#1173 Posted: 15:01:02 04/09/2018
Shade's frustration didn't go unnoticed by Angora. She quickly went to the dragolet.
"Shady! What's wrong? Did you had another nightmare?" she asked, not seeing the smaller dragon due to being hidden by Shade's own body.
---
#1174 Posted: 15:35:21 04/09/2018
Latnok and Veris were startled by the collar entity's sudden speech. "What? You think I'm out to hurt him?" Latnok telepathed to Raclaw, assuming that the entity would be able to pick up on it. "I think it's a bit silly to try to have Raclaw be weary of us - if we didn't have care, we wouldn't even be making this trip. I'm sure Raclaw is smart enough to not let in some sort of demon or anything like that."
"Is there anyone else with us?" Veris asked. "I only remember my human and you two. What is happening?"
"Nothing to be worried about," Latnok replied. "So if you're looking out for Raclaw, you mind helping us out with this artifact?" Latnok wasn't exactly sure if the concern the entity had was real or feigned, but it may, at the very least, prove to be useful - he certainly hoped another Guardian wouldn't put in something hostile to help control a dragon's powers.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1175 Posted: 16:06:12 04/09/2018
Blue quickly made a move. He created something like a water tornado around him and Shade to make sure to be able to talk with Shade alone. " Now that they are out of the game we can really talk. If you want your friends still a live, I would come with me peacefully" Blue said

Sapphire also woke up. After seeing the water tornado She knew it was Blue "Why did he not inform me about this" She thought and was quite shocked to see what was happening
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1176 Posted: 16:14:11 04/09/2018 | Topic Creator
"You harm my friends and I'll kill you!" Shade said growling still had his wings flared out.
---
SC
#1177 Posted: 16:17:54 04/09/2018
The tornado swept Maverick away from Shade. It was enough to wake him up.
"Angorita!? What is going on?" he asked as he tried to shake off his sleep.
"A water tornado? WATER!? YOU..." Angora exclaimed, glaring at Sapphire. This much water could only mean one thing;
"You did this! You lead that infernal water dragon to us! Don't you see Maverick? This was all a trap!" Angora deduced, finding it too much coincidence that Sapphire was there and just a couple of hours later, so was Blue.
"It can't be Angorita. She ran away..." Maverick said, trying to come to the fox's defense.
"Even if that's true, she still lead that dragon right to us! I told you she would be trouble!" Angora pointed out, trying to tackle the vortex to get to Shade, but the water pressure was too much and she was swept away.
"SHADE! TRY TO COME HERE! FLY AWAY!" Angora yelled to the tornado, trying to make Shade hear her and run away from the sadistic dragon.
---
#1178 Posted: 16:20:20 04/09/2018
"Ah-- the Guardian. Raclaw has grown quite fond of you you know. It is my job to look after him, or at least it was. Now he is free to manage his powers on his own and yet-- here I am. We are stuck together him and I. And while I still redirect some of his powers and help manage the spiderweb of a mess he calls his connections-- I have nothing else to offer but my guidance.," the collar entity spoke. Raclaw had tried to speak over the links and interrupt the entity, but found himself unable to speak over it.

"Entity-- I think we may need to set some ground rules. For starters, I have the ability to fully commicate now and I would appreciate it if you didn't override my own telecommunications.," Raclaw spoke up as soon as he could. "Fine Fine...," it responded letting Raclaw interject. "Thank-you. Now about the artifact? Will you help us?," Raclaw then asked. "I'll tell you what I know, but first answer me this. Why are you so afraid of me? Even when you knew how to manually trigger me-- you rarely ever did and only when you absolutely had to.," it immediately returned his question with a question. "Because-- I don't know. I guess because I can sense something about everyone, but I know nothing about you. You're a blank slate and you automatically know everything about me. It's-- it's unsettling.," Raclaw than replied. The entity appeared to pause before giving a response back, perhaps unsure of what to say.
---
#1179 Posted: 16:39:49 04/09/2018
Latnok could sympathize with Raclaw on that front - the more unknowns, the more potential for danger. This was especially true when whatever it was knew everything about you, and could act accordingly. "Can you really blame him for not wanting you to take over whenever you feel like it?" Latnok asked. "To start with, let's help work out this 'blank slate' issue. We know what you are - but ehy don't you tell us about who you are? Do you have any sort of motivation for what you're doing? And why were you chosen to be in his collar?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1180 Posted: 16:53:20 04/09/2018
"Think what you are saying. The fox with you... She can kill them while you are busy with me. If you dont cooperate that is what She is going to do. And trust me I would love to see the pain in you when you look at your friends dying, but you can effect whats going to happen next. You can surrender and let your friends live or fight and see How they die" Blue said with a large grin

Sapphire was not sure about anything should she fight, should she keep pretending......and even less she knew what She really wanted to do. She was so upset that She could not say anything. She was just looking at the tornado with a terrified look on her face
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1181 Posted: 17:03:15 04/09/2018
Angora could hear voices inside the tornado, but she couldn't make out the words.
"That's it! I can't deal with this anymore! Maverick! Hand me a weapon!" Angora said, yelling when he became too skeptical. He then handed him a saber that belonged to the thief that attacked him at Ilasi's lake. Angora could use magic, but she still didn't know how to materialize weapons. The sword that destroyed Darkmatter was gone. With the sabre in hand, she surrounded it with magic, and got ready to try and make a hole in the vortex.
"I shall deal with you later you ungrateful traitor!" she said menacingly to the fox. Maverick could only watched helplessly as the events unfolded, but as Angora got busy trying to enter the water vortex to save Shade, he went in front of Sapphire.
"She may not believe you. But I do. You ran away. The dragon followed you here. We'll make him unfollow you." Maverick said with a gentle smile, as he got a sword at hand ready to assist Angora, the very same sword that did the wound on his neck. Angora didn't believe Sapphire... but he did. He truly believed that she had run away from this evil brotherhood and wanted a more honest, decent life. He got his chance in that, and wanted his new friend to have that chance too...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:06:38 04/09/2018 by Felines
#1182 Posted: 20:04:25 04/09/2018
Latnok could sympathize with Raclaw on that front - the more unknowns, the more potential for danger. This was especially true when whatever it was knew everything about you, and could act accordingly. "Can you really blame him for not wanting you to take over whenever you feel like it?" Latnok asked. "To start with, let's help work out this 'blank slate' issue. We know what you are - but ehy don't you tell us about who you are? Do you have any sort of motivation for what you're doing? And why were you chosen to be in his collar?"

"Fair enough-- I will tell you what I remember.," the voice of the collar entity responded. "Go ahead-- I want to know.," Raclaw said as if in approval. "In life-- I was known as Damon Runestrider or simply as Damon. I was a hexsmith and a fine good one at that-- in fact I once made something very similar to the modified hyperspace bag that Raclaw now processes albeit in the form of an amulet. People from far and wide once went to my workshop-- including some that eventually became Guardians. I don't recall how or why, but from what I am told-- I had created a special amulet designed to store a person's soul upon death. Upon testing it, I had inadvertently trapped my own soul into the amulet where it remained for over 30 years until the amulet was eventually found by Adjudicator Julian.

He recognized me for who I was and upon finding you-- he had a proposal. He needed an experienced soul for an then unspecified experiment and in exchange for my participation, I would get to travel the world and experience some sensation of life again. It wasn't until I was placed in your collar Raclaw that I had realised what he had done-- and that I would be responsible for watching over and helping control a dragon's powers. As for my motivation-- I helped people in life. I helped people find love, manage mental illnesses, and even escape death one too many times. I strive to do nothing but the same in death as well and now-- now I am helping you.,"
the collar entity now known as Damon explained. As Raclaw listened and absorbed the information, he eventually responded.

"I-- I see. I hope you know how much trouble you caused me back in that dead zone-- keeping my connections open and forcing me to build firewalls just to keep my sanity intact. There were several times where darkness had almost taken me over and no matter what I did, I couldn't close the connection. All I could do was re enforce it and hope that the corruption didn't overwhelm me.," Raclaw responded wanting answers. "I know-- and I'm sorry. That single open connection was and is the bridge between us. Under normal circumstances, I prevent anything else from taking advantage of it. Under those specific circumstances, however, this was not possible and this bridge is not designed to be easily severed. For both your safety and mine," Damon responded giving Raclaw and Latnok time to interject.
---
#1183 Posted: 20:35:11 04/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“My friends are strong! I know they can handle her!” Shade then charged at Blue. He bared his teeth as he did.
---
SC
#1184 Posted: 21:16:15 04/09/2018
Latnok listened intently as Damon explained his background. It wasn't as bad as it possibly could have been; Julian had benign intentions when he installed him into the collar. At the very least, that's what it sounded like. Was there a way to know for certain if he was telling the truth? He didn't know, but he would trust Damon for the moment, at least.
"That sounds like a decent enough reason as any," he telepathed. "Can't say that you're the sort of thing I see every day, though. Perhaps there may be some things at Falcon's Beak which may draw your interest. As you know, it is the last place Adjudicator Julian visited before he went missing, and it's also the last place our records indicated Raclaw's parents. Maybe a nice, friendly chat with them is what you need." Though Latnok stopped speaking for now, his thoughts continued to focus on what it must be like to live with such a thing; to have a mind which was never truly your own, to never have true solitude when you wanted it.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1185 Posted: 21:26:24 04/09/2018
Blue knew he was in a huge disadvantage if he had to fight physically. So he quickly turned his body as a part of the tornado and reformed at the top of the tornado. Taking all the water back to his body. The tornado was now gone.

Sapphire saw that Blue was in trouble. She did not want to hurt anybody here, but what ever She did somebody was in trouble. She still thought Blue was her family, but this group was so nice and friendly.... But seeing That Blue might get hurt She did something to prevent that..... more out of instinct then anything else. She took long look at Mavericks eyes and used her power. After She realised what She had done She started to cry "I am so Sorry!" She shouted and it really looked like She was in pain.

But Blue saw the opening Sapphire made. He turned into sharp line of water, quickly going around Maverick and re-formed behind him at the same time making a blade out of water and holding it at Mavericks throat "one wrong move and he is dead" Blue said with a evil smile on his face. He was just about to be in big trouble with three against one situation and now he had all the power. "Told you so you idiot. Attack me and something bad is going to happen" Blue said to Shade clearly mocking him.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1186 Posted: 21:54:45 04/09/2018
Maverick had looked at Sapphire and went to check on her, once again looking at her eyes. However, his time in the cell made him harder to please, so he was only in a half trance.
"Angorita..." he managed to whisper, knowing what was going on but unable to move from his spot.
"You damn coward! I knew you weren't far behind! You like sharp weapons so much? Why not use it against a real one? Unless you are too afraid to face a itsy, bitsy trolly?" Angora taunted, using a babyish voice with the last sentence. Since Blue insisted so much on taunting poor Shade, she was going to p,at the same, dirty game to see how he likes it...
---
#1187 Posted: 21:58:53 04/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Wait! Stop! Don’t hurt them!” Shade said. “I....I’ll go with you if you let them go.” Shade said.
---
SC
#1188 Posted: 22:33:25 04/09/2018
"Well then Thats a good dragon there" Blue said. Water from Blue started slowly to wrap Shade. It was really thight and cold. "Now lets make sure you dont do anything stupid. And Sapphire stop that stupid act we won already. Go there and make sure our new friend here takes a very long look at your eyes"

Sapphire still tears in her eyes made her way to Shade. And looked at Shade.

"Now you do as I say and look at her eyes and make it a long one. And what comes to you troll, Ou I would like to kill you.... but because of your smart friend here our worthless live will keep going" Blue said
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1189 Posted: 22:37:11 04/09/2018
Latnok listened intently as Damon explained his background. It wasn't as bad as it possibly could have been; Julian had benign intentions when he installed him into the collar. At the very least, that's what it sounded like. Was there a way to know for certain if he was telling the truth? He didn't know, but he would trust Damon for the moment, at least.
"That sounds like a decent enough reason as any," he telepathed. "Can't say that you're the sort of thing I see every day, though. Perhaps there may be some things at Falcon's Beak which may draw your interest. As you know, it is the last place Adjudicator Julian visited before he went missing, and it's also the last place our records indicated Raclaw's parents. Maybe a nice, friendly chat with them is what you need." Though Latnok stopped speaking for now, his thoughts continued to focus on what it must be like to live with such a thing; to have a mind which was never truly your own, to never have true solitude when you wanted it.

"Perhaps. And Raclaw-- please try not to think of me as an burden. Try to think of me as a valuable asset-- as a resource for information or merely someone to talk to. Believe me when I say I didn't know what or who I would be put into. I was offered a chance at some kind of life and-- and I took that opportunity. I don't know what would've happened to you had I refused, but just know that I will do everything I can to help you. If you need anything at all and I am able to provide it-- all you have to do is ask and I am here.," Damon said sensing the heaviness that Raclaw was now feeling. For two years, Damon had been behind a barrier-- and now the two were basically sharing the same mind. For better or for worse. "We'll see what happens. For now-- could you please tell us what you know about the artifact?," Raclaw asked the entity with a heavy-hearted tone.

"Of course. This is what I know-- during my later years, I became interested in the use of Drow magic. As you very well know, Drow magic processes certain unique attributes that can be used to help aide or enhance certain applications. This is how I was placed within your collar and why Guardian magic, while still powerful, wouldn't be quite as capable in the same application. Do you understand?," Damon asked with Raclaw responding "Yes." before continuing. "In the pursuit of Drow magic, I had began to do research on Drow artifacts-- such as the one you now process. I didn't get far enough before my untimely demise to get its name or even see it in person, but I can tell you this. The artifact is made of a series of gold metallic rings that are capable of compressing, expanding, and even shifting location to form any object you desire-- within reason of course. This object can be nearly anything, so long as its one piece and has a shape that can roughly be formed without the excessive use of pointed edges.," Damon responded pausing to let Raclaw add any thoughts.

"Well-- I've already figured a few of those shapes out already, as I'm sure you already know.," Raclaw actually said with a slight smile thinking back to the marketplace and how excited he had been. "Indeed you have-- impressive, but it is capable of of making more than just toys and kitchenware. With the right thought and the right knowledge, you could even make a weapon out of it and said weapon could reform to anything else as needed in the heat of battle-- a shield, armor, facial protection. Although I'm not sure how useful those would be to a fur dragon such as yourself. Think of the possibilities though and you could make nearly anything so long as its one item. And rumors are that the artifact was designed to double as a key, although it wasn't known yet what that key went to at the time.," it then added with Raclaw listening intently.
---
#1190 Posted: 22:42:25 04/09/2018
"Well then Thats a good dragon there" Blue said. Water from Blue started slowly to wrap Shade. It was really thight and cold. "Now lets make sure you dont do anything stupid. And Sapphire stop that stupid act we won already. Go there and make sure our new friend here takes a very long look at your eyes"

Sapphire still tears in her eyes made her way to Shade. And looked at Shade.

"Now you do as I say and look at her eyes and make it a long one. And what comes to you troll, Ou I would like to kill you.... but because of your smart friend here our worthless live will keep going" Blue said

"You WON'T take him away! You'll have to battle me first! I beheaded a creature much more dangerous than you, and I can do it again!" Angora threatened, being immune to Sapphire's hypnotic eyes. Maverick was really hurt by the betrayal, and realizes now that Angora must've been right all along. The little fox was setting them a trap. With a combination of anger and tremendous will power, he managed to break away from the trance, and using the sword that once belonged to the thief, he went besides Angora.
"This has gone far enough! You won't take our friend away!" Maverick yelled, getting into position.
"Mavi! What the...!" Angora said surprisingly, unable to believe that him of all people was pointing a sword at somebody.
"Enough is enough Angorita! I'm tired of being taken advantage of! I'm tired of having everybody distrupting our peace and separating us! This time, I fight too!" Maverick said with firery determination, having grown sick of always being the victim. He was a pirate before, and he knew how to fight and handle a weapon. It was a life he had hated, but lately, everything was going wrong for them, and Maverick had enough of being an extreme pacifist if all he was going to get in return was a stab in the back...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:20 04/09/2018 by Felines
#1191 Posted: 22:57:51 04/09/2018
"You just dont know when to quit. Your dragon friend here is surrounded by my water. If you move anymore I can kill him instatly. It is a lose for us Yes, but think what you have to lose yourself" Blue said
Sapphire was not moving. She was stunned and it would be easy for Maverick to grab her.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1192 Posted: 22:58:41 04/09/2018
"Hmm, an adaptable weapon... but can the weapon move on its own?" Latnok asked. "I don't know if you've noticed, but Raclaw doesn't quite have the best anatomy for weapon-wielding. Besides that, though, it sounds pretty useful. Might have even gotten it for a steal, in that case."
As the group continued to fly, a huge city could be seen on the shoreline. As the sky became darker, torches began to light up.
"We are approaching Redwater," Sere said. "I say we find an inn and sleep for the night, then get ready to find some crew and make final preparations in the morning."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1193 Posted: 23:07:06 04/09/2018
"You just dont know when to quit. Your dragon friend here is surrounded by my water. If you move anymore I can kill him instatly. It is a lose for us Yes, but think what you have to lose yourself" Blue said
Sapphire was not moving. She was stunned and it would be easy for Maverick to grab her.

Angora knew he was sadistic enough to mean it. They were backed into a corner, so as an act of desperation, she went as equally sadistic as him.
"If you do that... then we'll kill your precious fox friend. It will certainly be a loss for you not having someone with her talent, would it?" Angora said as she pointed the sword at Sapphire, willing to kill her in the blink of an eye if Blue dared to harm Shade.

Despite still pointing the sword at Blue, Maverick couldn't take any more of this scene. He slowly put his sword down as he began talking.
"No Angorita! This is too much! Water dragon, por favor, don't take away our friend. What do you want from him anyway? And what... what can we do to stay with him?" Maverick said serenely, trying to contain his need to yell and cry in frustration at the situation. If Blue killed Shade, he had no doubt the sorrowful and furious Angora would do the same with Sapphire, and it would be not one, but two lives in his conscience. Whatever Blue wanted with their dragolet friend, he was certain there could be a way Blue would want him and Angora alive as well...
---
#1194 Posted: 23:11:29 04/09/2018
"Hmm, an adaptable weapon... but can the weapon move on its own?" Latnok asked. "I don't know if you've noticed, but Raclaw doesn't quite have the best anatomy for weapon-wielding. Besides that, though, it sounds pretty useful. Might have even gotten it for a steal, in that case."
As the group continued to fly, a huge city could be seen on the shoreline. As the sky became darker, torches began to light up.
"We are approaching Redwater," Sere said. "I say we find an inn and sleep for the night, then get ready to find some crew and make final preparations in the morning."

"With a focused thought-- perhaps. Raclaw has been shown to manipulate it without having to physically touching it and if he can do that, than it might be possible. It should also be possible to wear it like armor, such as an gauntlet or an arm bad, and extend it out like a blade-- so long as the armor piece and blade piece are connected as one piece.," Damon suggested as Raclaw imagined the possibilities. "He's right-- it might be worth a try and agreed.," he said agreeing with both the collar entity and Sere's suggestion of an inn.
---
#1195 Posted: 23:27:05 04/09/2018
"Well now that you mentioned it. You could all join me and the brotherhood. I was after him as a member, but if you all join me then that would be even better" Now we just need a way to make sure you dont try to escape from me" Blue said starting to see the possibility for a bigger win here.

Sapphire was not even reacting..... She was like a empty body in Angoras hand. Clearly alive but looking like nobody was in there.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1196 Posted: 23:38:39 04/09/2018
Maverick was rather surprised to see that Blue didn't even asked what they could do to be useful to him, but it seemed like he was more interested in having the brotherhood grow than the actual talent of it's members. Angora glared at the hybrid, furious at what he has done.
"What the heck Maverick?" the little troll asked frustratingly, unable to believe Maverick would sell them off like that.
"Please Angorita. It is the only way..." he said gloomingly, knowing that Shade was in a position where he could be too easily killed off. He didn't want to fight if it meant the death of his friend. Angora was angry at his decision, but she knew what Maverick was doing. With pain in her heart, she dropped her sabre, knowing that they had all the potential to lose here.
"Fine then! Have it your way!" Angora said at the blue dragon, giving him a poisonous glare. She couldn't believe what was going on. They just got out of a prison, and now they were going to another. Why was this happening to them?
---
#1197 Posted: 23:52:12 04/09/2018
After some more flying, the group neared a clearing near the city. Veris slowed down rapidly as he approached the landing zone, landing softly.
"We will probably be better off on foot from here," Sere said. "I need to find a pen to hold Veris. You two are free to start finding a place near the docks; I will meet up with you later."
"Very well, Godfather, leave it to us," Latnok said.
Sere split from the rest of the group, looking for a pen for Veris by the edge of the city. As the rest entered the city, business of all kinds could be seen booming even into the night. There were many different species in this city; some who didn't even populate the continent.
"So, Raclaw," Latnok asked, "do you have any particular plans? Looking to get drunk or anything?"
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1198 Posted: 23:59:58 04/09/2018
"Great then. Here is how this goes. One of you is going with Sapphire, and your mission will be to bring me our mutual friend Dex. One of you will be going with me and this dragon of yours to our Castle. After I have him we can talk some more. This is test for one of you so choose which one is going and remember if my scouts see you bring any more then Just the fox somebody will get hurt." Blue said

Sapphire looked at the two. She did not like this either, She was still a Mess inside and this would not help her at all. She thought that Blue must have seen her not reacting as a great coolnes at the extreme situation, but that was not the reason behind it.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:02:20 05/09/2018 by cyndego
#1199 Posted: 00:08:38 05/09/2018
"What?" Angora and Maverick said in unison.
"Hold it there dragon! You just have the two of us, and now you want another one? How greedy can you get?" Angora said undignified, never wanting to involve someone else.
"Por favor dragon! Even if we did, we have no idea where he is, or even where we are right now." Maverick begged, knowing that Dex was with the Guardians, but he didn't know where their base was, or even if they were at Aelinon anymore. He didn't like how the situation turned out, but it was both of their priority to keep Shade and each other alive while they can come up with a plan that would make this water dragon be out of their lives forever...
---
#1200 Posted: 00:23:30 05/09/2018
"Silence. It is your mission and one of you will do it." Blue said

Soon there was a lot of running. "Because now you really have no choise" Blue said and soon they where sorounded by about 20 creatures some humans some something different. "Meet your new family." Soon the small lizard from earlier came back "Mission done leader". "Great work" Blue said

"So now I ask you which one?" Blue said with another evil smile
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
First | Previous | Page 24 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me