Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 26 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 48 49 50
Legend of Orion: Dark Times (open) [CLOSED]
cyndego Platinum Sparx Gems: 6382
#1251 Posted: 12:09:14 07/09/2018
"Blue go" The voice said. "Yes master" Blue answered and started to walk back to his room.
After Blue was gone an eagle flew in front of Shade "Now then could you tell me about yourself. I want to know what that power of yours is. I am even ready to offer you some information too if you cooperate" The Eagle said

"Yes I am sure of it. Blue wanted us to get Dex so he needs them. And if he hurts one of them there would be no reason for the other to behave. He needs both of them. I just hope your friends understand that showing some interest towards the brotherhood would be good that way Blue could think he is winning them over.... that would make your mission easier when we get back." Sapphire said
Because of Dex the league knew they would need heat protection. "It gets very hot soon. We have protection so no panic, but it is not going to be nice. We will be there pretty soon" The man in front said.

Dex was again walking around the base "Whats the reason to keep me here if they dont have anything to do. Sere, Latnok and Raclaw have been gone for a long time...maybe I should have asked to join them" He tought.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#1252 Posted: 14:11:19 07/09/2018
Quote: A Guy
"Telepathy is a spell which allows the user to communicate thoughts and emotions to others by putting them directly in mind, as opposed to sharing them visually or audibly. Telepathy, in most cases, requires general knowledge of where the target is, as well as being within a reasonable range. The farther the target, the harder the spell is to cast.
"With telepathy, magic energy should be focused in one's head. The focus of the spell should be on connecting with the mind of the target. Empathizing with the target can make the spell easier to cast, though it is not necessary for more experienced casters. Simply having the intent to cast the spell is a sufficient invocation.
"Telepathy can also be cast more generally, to any receptive mind. For this, rather than focusing on a specific target, one's focus should be on broadcasting one's thoughts, with a strong focus on them, as if shouting."

Angora read with interest, though not exactly with enthusiasm. She still didn't know where this scroll came from, and even though she disliked telepathy and magic in general, and knew that will all of their predicaments, whether she liked it or not, would have to learn more magic in order to defend herself and her friends from now on. The practice she did last week wasn't enough. As much as she hated to admit it, she would have to do what Latnok wanted her to and take advantage of her potential. Oh boy if she knew what she was thinking now. In her anger, she was wishing the scroll could also have a spell on how to silence people and use it on him so he would know how that feels like. But for now, telepathy was all she had, and the instructions were quite easy, so all she needed was someone to practice it with. She didn't know the castle, and had no idea where Maverick was, so they were out of the question. She could practice it with one of the guards, but if they had been exposed to magic, they would know to identify telepathy, and she would expose herself as a magic user. All she could do was wait until she could face Shade or Maverick again...

Quote: cyndego
"Yes I am sure of it. Blue wanted us to get Dex so he needs them. And if he hurts one of them there would be no reason for the other to behave. He needs both of them. I just hope your friends understand that showing some interest towards the brotherhood would be good that way Blue could think he is winning them over.... that would make your mission easier when we get back." Sapphire said
Because of Dex the league knew they would need heat protection. "It gets very hot soon. We have protection so no panic, but it is not going to be nice. We will be there pretty soon" The man in front said.

Maverick remembered how well behaved Angora was at the trial in Aelinon despite knowing how frustrated she was, so if she knew to play a similar card there, she would be fine. She slipped the scroll Latnok gave to him to her back pocket cause he knew that something like telepathy could be very useful in the future, especially there.
"This brotherhood sounds like some serious business. Are they always kidnapping others to increase their numbers?" Maverick asked after hearing the man, though in their case, he had to offer himself and the others to prevent that evil dragon from killing any of them. Even though he felt guilty for getting them into another predicament, he knew it has been the only way to save their lives.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8585
#1253 Posted: 20:53:18 07/09/2018
Sere looked at the odd sight of Raclaw and Chester communicating through each other with barks. It was definitely not something very common - but then, considering the circumstances, not something which was unexpected, either.
"Wonderful - I really wish I had someone of your talents around more often," Sere said. "The job would be much easier if you could ask various types of creatures to leave instead of having to fight them. Many of them are hostile because they don't undestand the intentions of others - unfortunately, when they enforce their territory without exception, that threatens too many innocent people, and that is not a risk we can afford to take. Speaking of which... I once had a hunting dog, just like the beagle here. You see, hunting was often a sport for us nobles..." Sere ended up on a long tangent of various stories of his time with his dog, which Latnok listened to, though not particularly caring for them. Eventually, like all good things, it came to an end.
"So... what sort of crew do you guys hope we'll find?" Latnok asked the others. "I'm hoping we at least have another set of strong hands, like a minotaur. Doing all the backbreaking work myself gets old..."

As Sere mentioned the sere usefulness of his abilities, Raclaw thought about Latnok had said earlier about using them to help people and/or make a little money on the side. The ability to speak to dogs and possibly other animals made him very different from most-- if not all other dragons. And while the fur wasn't entirely uncommon seeing as there were other fur dragons out there somewhere, he doubted that any of those fur dragons specialized in such an unique field. It wasn't until he showed up that the Guardians were now able to communicate with Veris, something which would probably have greater consequences down the road for how they viewed their mounts. And then there was Chester-- no dog could wish for more unique friend and one who could also directly translate their needs. Regardless of where he took his ability, he was sure now that he could do some good in the world.

Chester, meanwhile, listened to Godfather Sere's tale of his own dog and wished he could've had such a life. He recalled when his original owners had first picked him up from a local adoption center-- they were nice and they kind loving individuals. He was sure happy that he now had a family and a home. He didn't know what had happened, but they soon changed however. With the husband becoming a deep alcoholic, he became abusive not only hitting him but his own wife as well. The wife, naturally, became more depressed and started rapidly spending more money. Of course-- some concepts like alcohol were still kind of new to the young doggo, but the damage it had done to the family was very very clear. They had even wanted to eat him, as if they had been prepping him like some Thanksgiving turkey. He looked up towards Raclaw and the others-- and wondered what soon become of his future.

"I would be happy with anyone who can help take the load of your backs-- you deserve it. Especially after everything you have gone and everything this whole deal has put you through.," Raclaw said looking across the table at Latnok and Sere. No matter how many times the Guardians said it was no big deal, he was still extremely grateful in everything they had done-- and had continued to do for him. He had never expected to receive so much help from the Guardians nor had he expected to become so close to them, especially Latnok. They had also shown to become very appreciative of his unique abilities due to his upbringing, even if they were partly responsible for said upbringing. The past was the the past though and now-- he only had the future to look forward to.

As the now expanding group (consisting of two humans, an dragon, and a dog) finished their meals and any last conversations-- the hotel staff should informed them that their rooms were ready and handed the appropriate keys to the appropriate people. Sere was handed his own key, while one was given to Latnok-- and by request to Raclaw as well. Chester of course, would have to come in or out with one of the others. "Come on Chester-- let's get some well deserved rest.," Raclaw said in common looking back at the Beagle eagerly following him. "Yes-- sleep. A comfortable bed sounds so good right now.," Chester responded back sounding like a cheery-but-tired bark to the others. They soon opened their doors and went lights out...
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:37 07/09/2018 by redwes
Spyroconvexity Hunter Gems: 8609
#1254 Posted: 21:00:39 07/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Shade growled. “I’m not telling you anything! Not until I have my family!” Shade said getting angry. Another flicker of energy came off him then another and another instill an aura of red formed around him. He winced in pain trying hard to contain it.
---
SC
#1255 Posted: 21:07:03 07/09/2018
After Angora finished reading the scroll, she put it on her back pocket again, and began pacing around. The wait was driving her crazy. Then at that moment, she felt very uneasy. She even changed color and started sweating and trembling. Something was wrong. She knew it. Her instincts were strong, as well as her bond with Shade. Even though she didn't know it concerned him, Angora couldn't help feeling anxious...
---
A Guy Emerald Sparx Gems: 3639
#1256 Posted: 21:29:47 07/09/2018
As the sun slowly started to filter through one of the two windows, Latnok slowly started to wake up. Raclaw and Chester were still asleep, in the rather wide bed of soft fur - though he didn't know for how long. Being that he was already up, he began donning his armor - trying to minimize the rattling of various metal components, remaining conscious of Raclaw and Chester.
The dawn sunlight gave the room a distinct orange tinge, much different from how it looked with the torches on the wall. As he prepared, Latnok felt ready for the day ahead - while his own bed was not bad by any means, the beds in the inn were almost as soft as air. All he needed was a good meal, which he set out to get as he slowly opened his door.
When he got to the lobby, Sere was already there. "Good morning, Latnok," Sere said. "Was your sleep as good as mine?"
"If your sleep was some of the best you've ever had, then I guess it was," Latnok said. "Raclaw and Chester are still sleeping." The two ordered their breakfast, as they waited for their companions to arrive.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1257 Posted: 21:50:31 07/09/2018
As the light slowly began to fill more of the room, it wasn't long 'till Raclaw and Chester awoke as well. Not only did Chester have a oh so comfortable fur bed to sleep he had-- he had also managed to squeeze himself under one of Raclaw's wings providing him with a feathery blanket to make his night that much more comfortable. Chester awoke first and and after getting himself out of the wing that had tightly wrapped around him, made his way to Raclaw's face and gently nudged the fur dragon awake. Raclaw's eyes soon awoke as well only to find the eager awake Chester waiting for him. "There you are-- I've been trying to wake you for minutes! You're a heavy sleeper aren't you?," Chester asked looking at Raclaw with a slightly puzzled expression.

"I'm up.. I'm up. Sorry-- if your mind was active as mine is, you would be too.," Raclaw said looking at the now energetic Chester. Indeed, being a telepathic fur dragon with numerous connections and near permanent links could be a tiring existence at times. "Come on-- the others are probably waiting on us.," Chester said practically leading Raclaw to the door which the small dog couldn't open himself. Reclaw promptly opened it and proceeded to head downstairs with the eager Chester following. It was a tad ironic that the fur dragon who acted like a dog at times was now accompanied by an actual dog. As the odd duo made it downstairs, Raclaw ordered breakfast for both of them and joined the others at the table.
---
#1258 Posted: 23:09:52 07/09/2018
Latnok and Sere were eating a relatively light meal, being prepared to eat more in the time ahead of them, when Raclaw and Chester arrived. "Good morning," Latnok greeted. "Excited for the day ahead of us?"
"In case you don't quite know the details of the plan, this is what is going to happen," Sere said. "We are planning to head to the taverns to see who we may find. Taverns are a popular meeting place, and due to their popularity, many people looking for certain kinds of work will be there - between that, and the large population and flow of people to and from Redwater, we should meet many potential candidates. As drinking is a sailor pastime, and these are docks, we should naturally run into the kinds of people we are looking to hire."
"Figured as much," Latnok said. "Though I do wonder if dogs will be allowed. Speaking of which - what do you think we should do with Chester, Raclaw? I've been thinking, but want to hear what you think."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1259 Posted: 23:34:08 07/09/2018
Raclaw looked down at Chester and the beagle gave a slight nod in return. "I-- I believe we should take him with us. His life here in Redwater is over and I've seen more than enough street dogs to know that he's not guaranteed to find a new owner. Or even if he does find one or manages to survive out on the street; there's no guarantee that his old owners won't find him again or worse. At least with us, he knows he's safe and that he'll be under the protection of the Guardians.," Raclaw said looking at both Latnok and Sere. He knew what he was suggesting and that depending on Aelinon law, they may have to formalize the process and officially adopt Chester to legally get him out of the city. Furthermore, Raclaw's own status was that of 'pet' of Godfather Sere-- and the Godfather would probably have to register Chester himself. They would also probably need to get Chester another collar, as to indicate that he was owned and not merely another stray in the city.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 23:43:24 07/09/2018 by redwes
#1260 Posted: 00:41:51 08/09/2018
Latnok and Sere looked at each other, in silent agreement, before looking back at Raclaw. "I'll handle everything regarding his registration while we are doing all of this, then..." he said. "It'll be a relatively simple process - getting him inspected to make sure he's not diseased or cursed or anything like that."
"Well, that settles that, then," Latnok said. "Though I do hope he doesn't mind the sea too much. From what I know, many dogs dislike thunder and lightning."
"You know, the seas around Falcon's Beak weren't always stormy," Sere said. "It started about half a century ago, give or take a decade. It would be very nice if the seas could return to that - a bit of wishful thinking, however."
"Well, he should be fine below the deck, I believe," Latnok said. "As long as he doesn't go too crazy whenever thunder sounds. Anyway... what's the first place we're checking out?"
"Probably the Merry Satyr. Bound to be a bit more of a crowd there with the boats that just came into the dock. If I'm correct, it's also near the time of one of their several performances throughout the day," Sere said.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1261 Posted: 01:06:39 08/09/2018
"Well Chester-- it looks like you're one of us now.," Raclaw said with a smile looking down at the now very happy beagle. ''Thank-you!," Chester said emitting a single happy bark. He wagged his tail in excitement, knowing that he would get to spent his remaining days with Raclaw and the others who had saved him from his previously abusive masters. "Don't worry-- I'm sure he'll do fine on the sea and he'll have us to keep him company, right Chester?," he then said to which Chester emitted another happy bark. It looked like Raclaw wouldn't be the only one who wasn't entirely comfortable at the proposition of having to deal with the storms. "So the Merry Satyr? Sounds interesting-- I'm sure find someone useful there.," he commented on their destination.
---
#1262 Posted: 01:34:46 08/09/2018
Name: Chester
Species: Beagle
Good or evil: Good

Appearance: 1½ feet of your typical beagle features

Personality: Chester is easily excitable and loves shiny things.
Weapons: Chester's only "weapons" include the use of his natural CLAWS and TEETH.
Elements: Chester is a dog and has no elements, unless you include the cuteness factor.

History: Chester was presumily born in and found in a shelter. While visiting Redwater-- Raclaw and Latnok found found him and saved him from his then current owners, who had planned to cook and eat him. Upon letting him stay the night with them in the Easy Eyrie Inn, they and Godfather Sere agreed to officially adopt him and take him with them. Due to a upbringing with a German Shepard, Raclaw is physically able to "speak" with him via dogspeak.

---

Galaxy Dragon
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:37:18 08/09/2018 by redwes
#1263 Posted: 01:48:13 08/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Meanwhile the same red dragon was laying on the roof of a nearby building. Only his head was visible.
---
SC
#1264 Posted: 02:20:20 08/09/2018
Once the group had finished their meal, they stepped out, to make their way to the Merry Satyr. As they traveled, they could hear the myriad sounds of an active city. There were three main populations which comprised the docks; visitors, dock workers and sailors, and the wealthy. They were all distinguishable by their clothing; visitors wore clothing clearly out of place, the wealthy wore clothing designed from very expensive and rare materials, as well as jewelry, and those who worked at the docks wore clothes fit for the sea.
The trip was uneventful. Soon, the group reached a building with the silhouette of a humanoid goat, and the sound of chatting and the occasional shouting could be heard within.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1265 Posted: 08:23:41 08/09/2018
The eagle turned to a man "Yes let it take you, that power is huge.... think what we can do with your family..... you have to save them from the pain Thats the only way" The Mage said clearly wanting Shades powers to grow.

"Well usually Blue kills everybody, but if he sees talent then he will take creatures with him. Thats what happend to you all and to me two." Sapphire said with thoughtful voice

The man stopped and one of the guardians came to them. "Tell your bussiness " the guardian said. The man told him that they need to get Dex. "Well that might take sometime, he has not been seen so many times in past few days. But untill he certifys you, I can not let you in unless you have some other reason Why we should let you in. So tell me are you ready to wait" the guardian said
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1266 Posted: 09:10:11 08/09/2018
Maverick didn't like the idea of waiting, so he stated his business to the mysterious man.
"Por favor señor. We need his help. If you know his whereabouts, tell us." Maverick begged, wanting to rescue his dear friends. He wanted to ask Sapphire another question, but his family was top priority. It was so strange that Blue recruited them without even asking their talents, but if it managed to keep them alive, it'll all be worth it once they escaped.

Angora's anxiety was growing. Something was very wrong. It wasn't simple paranoia this time. She knew her instincts. There was so herring going on. She tried to use telepathy, but since she couldn't't pinpoint her friend's locations, it wasn't working...
---
#1267 Posted: 11:56:26 08/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“Get away.....” Shade growled. “GET AWAY!” suddenly his energy flared up and he breathed a massive ball of blue fire at the man. The ground beneath him melted and turned to lava. Even the lava was being pushed away from under him. The ground began to shake it was even felt all the way where Raclaw and the others were.
---
SC
#1268 Posted: 14:03:17 08/09/2018
Angora felt the ground move, and believed it was an earthquake. However, she didn't dismissed the change of it being Shade.
"That's it! I can't take it! You there, let me out of here before the castle collapses!" Angora asked the guard, believing that he would gave her the chance to escape a collapsing castle if that was the case. If it turned out to be Shade, she knew that she was the only one who could control him, but if his powers reached a breaking point, she was afraid that not even she could calm him down if the boss was making him too mad...
---
#1269 Posted: 15:19:15 08/09/2018
All the way in Redwater, the shaking had been reduced to a minor vibration. Cups and bottles moved a bit, and one drunk patron fell over.
"A minor earthquake," Sere said to Raclaw. "I wouldnt' worry too much about it, the earth mages do a pretty good job of detecting them and preventing them from doing any serious damage."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1270 Posted: 15:27:15 08/09/2018 | Topic Creator
As Shade got more angry his power broke through the roof and a pillar of light could be seen. The clouds parted away as if a nuclear bomb went off. His power was getting out of control.

Meanwhile at Red water the flash could be seen as well.
---
SC
#1271 Posted: 15:35:17 08/09/2018
Despite the massive show of force, the citizens of Redwater remained unfazed by the display - such anomalies were typically as a result of some powerful magic spell of one sort or another being cast by the military or government for whatever reason. Meanwhile, in the Merry Satyr, patrons gathered together, as one of the workers announced a performance by a special guest on the stage.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1272 Posted: 16:07:36 08/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Just after the flash very strong wind was felt. Strong enough to knock down large pine trees and rip off shingles. The red Dragon was watching this and had to brace himself from being knocked off the roof.
---
SC
#1273 Posted: 16:18:00 08/09/2018
Meanwhile, at the Merry Satyr, some more human patrons came in, anticipating the performance.
"Some pretty nasty winds outside," one of them said. "Saw a tree fall down."
"Bah, pretty sure those mermaids were supposed to stop playing around with that sort of magic a while ago..." the other said.
"You think the king cares about what they do? Lets them and Galuds do whatever they want, just so he doesn't look biased. His fellow men are just tools to him..."
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1274 Posted: 22:25:04 08/09/2018
As the group approached the Merry Satyr and the weather started to pick up, Chester made a whining noise becoming weary of the whole thing. "Let's get inside.," Raclaw said not wanting to be out there any longer than they had to. He believed Godfather Sere, although he suspected some more may had been up. If that was a sign of things to come, he knew that he would have to work with Chester and make sure the newly accepted Beagle would be able to cope with the unpredictable weather. As the group stepped inside, minor chitchat on the subject could be heard as the patrons blamed one race or the other. "The Galuds... the Mermaids... Why have a king if he's just going to let others step all over him?," a patron mumbled. "And then there's the--," another patron interrupted himself as Godfather Sere first stepped in.

"Well-- speak of the devil and he may come.," a particularly drunk patron and regular of the bar started to say earning a glare from the barkeep. "Well uh-- welcome! Please... come on in! It's always a pleasure to host someone such as yourself and your fellow Guardians and--," he stuttered looking at Raclaw and obviously not anticipating their presence. "Dragon.," Raclaw offered doing the job of Latnok and defending himself before the Guardian even had a chance to. "That's.. that's a dragon? Ether I've drank too much or your pathetic group has gotten desperate for mounts.," the same drunken patron as before said out loud. "That's enough Paul! I believe you've had enough...," the barkeep said rather embarried by the outspoken comment. Raclaw wasn't particularly pleased with the comment, although he kept that to himself. "We're just traveling together-- that's all. And if you care to listen, we may have an opportunity for you.," he then said with slightly defeated look. The room went silent for a moment. As this went on, no-one even noticed or commented on the little Chester-- who could feel the tension in the air.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:30 08/09/2018 by redwes
#1275 Posted: 22:54:26 08/09/2018 | Topic Creator
As they talked the ground shook violently causing a few windows to break and tables to fall over.
---
SC
#1276 Posted: 23:38:18 08/09/2018
After so many patterns of seemingly natural disasters, Angora finally realized that this had to be the work of Shade. She got blasted backwards by the last blast, and knew that such powerful force could come from the likes of him. He was one powerful creature, much more than the average dragon. Whatever Blue or somebody else was doing to Shade, it was making him furious enough to be out of control, and if it got worse, he could collapse the entire castle or worse, go on a rampage that would kill many innocents outside those walls.
"You there, you have to let me out! Right now! Or we're all dead!" Angora said to one of the guards, before noticing that the blast let loose a few of the bolts holding on the cell's door. This could be her chance of escape, but she would need information first. She couldn't storm off without knowing where to go. The castle had so many walls, Angora couldn't pinpoint the exact location of the blast, so she needed to know where Shade was being kept. Even though she would sometimes calm Shade when he had his nightmares during their travels, she knew it was becoming too severe this time, and was afraid there could be a chance where not even she could stop him...
---
#1277 Posted: 23:46:00 08/09/2018
Besides a few bits of chatter and some complaining by one of the workers, the tavern seemed relatively unperturbed, owing to the amount of drink and merriment the patrons were engaged in. The group's conversation, though momentarily interrupted, soon resumed.
"Forget it, I'm not going to waste my time with some buffoon with a mouth bigger than his head," Latnok said indignantly. "Think you're something special, do you?! Well, how about you just go back to wasting away here while your wife counts the days before you leave, waiting to see real men while you barely scrape by swabbing the deck for half a day to afford your next bottle of rum? Meanwhile, we'll be busy trying to hire some crew who actually have a brain that's at least big enough to think and speak at the same time."
Quite a few other patrons heard Latnok's comment, and were starting to pay more attention, eager for some sort of fight to break out. It probably wouldn't happen, however - tavern fights were regulated to a degree, and such a mismatch would most likely not be permitted.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1278 Posted: 23:51:15 08/09/2018
Before the man of the carriage could answer Maverick, he too had felt the earthquake, and almost fell off the carriage when the blast reached the place. Even though he was very far away from the castle, he felt very uneasy. He didn't associated this sudden burst of power with Shade, but he did believed that nature itself was becoming stable. The blast itself felt like a volcano, which was making him quite nervous...
---
#1279 Posted: 00:02:55 09/09/2018 | Topic Creator
A guard was standing nearby. "These earthquakes are very unusual Especially after that flash of light."

Just then a traveler came running into the bar. “Someone help!"
---
SC
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:45:52 09/09/2018 by Spyroconvexity
#1280 Posted: 00:27:13 09/09/2018
In the cell, Angora wasn't sure how she would be able to calm Shade down in those conditions, so as she waited for the guard to answer her, she desperately tried to use her new knowledge to contact the rogue dragolet.
"Shade! Shady! Please, I don't know if this is working, and I don't know if you can hear me, but you have to calm down! You're causing too much destruction! It's me! Your Angorita! I'm here, close to you! Please!" Angora said out loud in her mind, trying to use telepathy according to the scrool's instructions. She felt ridiculous trying to use it without even knowing where Shade was, but the situation has become too dire for her not to try doing something about it...
---
#1281 Posted: 02:42:43 09/09/2018
OOC: Sorry SC-- just noticed it. smilie
Besides a few bits of chatter and some complaining by one of the workers, the tavern seemed relatively unperturbed, owing to the amount of drink and merriment the patrons were engaged in. The group's conversation, though momentarily interrupted, soon resumed.
"Forget it, I'm not going to waste my time with some buffoon with a mouth bigger than his head," Latnok said indignantly. "Think you're something special, do you?! Well, how about you just go back to wasting away here while your wife counts the days before you leave, waiting to see real men while you barely scrape by swabbing the deck for half a day to afford your next bottle of rum? Meanwhile, we'll be busy trying to hire some crew who actually have a brain that's at least big enough to think and speak at the same time."
Quite a few other patrons heard Latnok's comment, and were starting to pay more attention, eager for some sort of fight to break out. It probably wouldn't happen, however - tavern fights were regulated to a degree, and such a mismatch would most likely not be permitted.

The drunken patron seemingly known as Paul started to up from his bar stool, but was quickly stopped by more harsh words from the barkeep. "Paul, ether sit down or go home. Those are your options.," he said clearly used to dealing with Paul's antics. Paul sat down and started to drink in silence. "Oh don't worry about old Paul there-- he's harmless. He really doesn't mean anything. Anyway-- you and your companions are welcome here anytime. Anyone want a drink? The first one is on the house.," he said partly trying to make up for the drunken Paul's actions. It was only then that he got a good look at the Guardians' companions including Chester. However, he also noticed how a couple windows were now broken and made a mental note to replace them later. "That earthquake is getting worse..." he muttered to himself.

As the traveler came in running in-- the more sober patrons turned their attention towards the panicked man. "What's wrong?," Raclaw urgently asked.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:58:46 09/09/2018 by redwes
#1282 Posted: 03:21:03 09/09/2018
Latnok and Sere both noted the man, and the patrons reacting to him. Most of them, Sere figured, saw some opportunity for a quick job and some quick cash.
"Yeah, why don't you get us three glasses of your most popular ale," Latnok asked the barkeeper. "And I would appreciate it if you could put one of them in a container that my dragon friend here can easily drink out of. I personally wouldn't worry about all that stuff out there, by the way - probably just some idiots in the military messing up some spell in one of their temples. Happens way too damn much - they're lucky they don't usually mess up this badly, however."

Meanwhile, Laszur had already received his next mission - find the source of the disturbance. The Void Breaker had absorbed a huge amount of energy, negating the worst effects - whatever it was, it could not go unanswered. He was to see what happened, then, if possible, eliminate the source to prevent future such incidents. With his blindfold on, he was, on one of many of Aelinon's wyverns, flying towards the direction that the mages had pinpointed the power spike.
---
I'm just... a guy...
#1283 Posted: 14:27:54 09/09/2018
After some time Dex walked to the gate where the group was yawning. "Again somebody from the league? What is it this time" He said to the guard that had been looking for him. He first spotted the driver of the horse carriage and said "Well not even walking anymore has the league Messengers become this la..... (sees Maverick).... What the.... (sees Sapphire)" he did not talk anymore, now he was just looking at the two of them not knowing How all this was even possible.

Sapphire did not say much, She was just looking at Dex and everything that She could say was "Hi, nice to see you again" She was clearly happy to see him Thats for sure.

When Shade started to burst his energy around the man teleported to Blue "Fly out now" He said and soon two of them where outside pretty close to Shades bursts. The mage took somekind of amulet out of his pocket and said some kind of magic words.... the amulet started to shine with a color of blood red.....

Blue realised what the mage was doing "You are draining the power" he thought but did not say anything.

It was now clear that the Castle would collapse. The brotherhood members where running out... And nobody was paying any attention to Angora. Before one older man took the keys dropped by the one looking after Angora earlier. He then opened the cell "Go now, there is nothing left for us soon, and there is also no need for you to die" The man said.... after Angoras cell was open he started to walk towards the exit.... like he really was not in a hurry..
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1284 Posted: 14:46:36 09/09/2018
"Wait please!" Angora said, grabbing him by the arm.
"Please! Did you see where the blue dragon took the black one?" she asked quickly, willing to let him go after he answered. She refused to leave Shade behind, but this was a big castle and she couldn't just try searching room for room in a place that was falling apart...

After some time Dex walked to the gate where the group was yawning. "Again somebody from the league? What is it this time" He said to the guard that had been looking for him. He first spotted the driver of the horse carriage and said "Well not even walking anymore has the league Messengers become this la..... (sees Maverick).... What the.... (sees Sapphire)" he did not talk anymore, now he was just looking at the two of them not knowing How all this was even possible.

Sapphire did not say much, She was just looking at Dex and everything that She could say was "Hi, nice to see you again" She was clearly happy to see him Thats for sure.

"Hey friend. I know you have a lot of questions, but please hear me out. Shade and Angora were captured by that blue dragon that accompanied you earlier. Our Sapphire here is willing to help rescue them, but we will need your help and all the help we can get. This Blue dragon sent me to find you, and he may hurt them if I return empty handed." Maverick explained, trying very hard not to sound frenetic. But his worry was still noticeable. The situation was so serious, he didn't even call Angora or Shade by their nicknames.
---
#1285 Posted: 15:04:59 09/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Felines
In the cell, Angora wasn't sure how she would be able to calm Shade down in those conditions, so as she waited for the guard to answer her, she desperately tried to use her new knowledge to contact the rogue dragolet.
"Shade! Shady! Please, I don't know if this is working, and I don't know if you can hear me, but you have to calm down! You're causing too much destruction! It's me! Your Angorita! I'm here, close to you! Please!" Angora said out loud in her mind, trying to use telepathy according to the scrool's instructions. She felt ridiculous trying to use it without even knowing where Shade was, but the situation has become too dire for her not to try doing something about it...

“Gah! I...I can’t! R-run!” Shade telepathed to Angora. Then the connection went quiet as another burst of energy cam from him the earth shaking more.
---
SC
#1286 Posted: 15:15:41 09/09/2018
As Angora hold onto the man, she could hear Shade answering her. She couldn't believe the telepathy worked. Before she had a chance to reply or do anything else, both she and the man were taken aback by the blast, and before she knew it, there was a big debris falling from the top about to crush them. Before it could do so, Angora acted out of pure, involuntary instinct, and pointing her hand above them, she created a yellow arc shield of pure magic, the same one she created in one of the caves she trained in back when Maverick was imprisoned in Aelinon. It acted like a extra ceiling that made the debris fall asides them, saving their lives. The secret was out now, but now it was not the time to worry about that. She answered Shade back.
"Shady, please, I'm not leaving without you!" Angora said stubbornly, still using the shield magic. Angora didn't know how she was doing it, but once again, magic has saved her when she needed it the most. Or perhaps Neo was assisting her. Whatever the reason, if magic was going to be part of her life, she was going to use it for good, and right now, she wanted to use it to find Shade...
---
#1287 Posted: 15:38:45 09/09/2018 | Topic Creator
“R-run Angora! I-I’ll b-be fine! Just run!” Shade told her.
---
SC
#1288 Posted: 16:16:28 09/09/2018
"No! Please! Not without you! Keep talking! I'll find you and we can fly away together!" Angora insisted, not willing to leave him behind in this collapsing death trap. She released the man, leaving him to run to safety while she climbed stairs, following the source of the telepathy until she could find Shade. She continued using her shield while she jumped collapsed patches of floor, determined to find her friend. She wasn't going to leave him to his luck...
---
#1289 Posted: 17:20:00 09/09/2018
Dex was still looking at the two "Most of the stuff you said really dont make any sense, but I have to say it has been pretty boring here for the last few days. And if you two come here with the league carriage, that must be something more interesting then this." Dex said
"If somebody asks, I will be back" Dex then said to the guard, Jumping in the horse carriage. "Lets go, we can talk more when we are on the road." He said both to Maverick and Sapphire. Usually Dex was not one to jump in anything without good thinking. But now his boring days, and the fact How interesting the compianation coming for him was..... made him more accepting then usually.

Sapphire quickly jumped in after Dex going very close to him, then She noticed his necklace "You kept it" She said with a happy voice. Dex still not sure about his feelings from last time Simply said "Yea. And looks like you kept yours too." After saying this he gave Sapphire a little smile. After that Sapphire took place next to him, waiting Maverick to join them.

After Angora left the man Simply looked after her "Good luck you weird little thing" he said and started to walk again.

The mage was still draining energy from Shades Burst "This one has been worth all the trouble, I can feel How much energy my amulet has already. This will be very helpfull"
Blue did not say anything. He did not like the situation. His whole Legacy was gone and his Castle destroyd "What we will do now master. Do we try to put the brotherhood back up or something else"
The mage made a evil grin "We can forget the whole brotherhood now. I only need few thing to make my ultimate plan come together. And when that happens, we will make everybody to fear us" He shouted.
Even though Blue still did not like the situation, he liked the way the mage thought and that he was so sure about his own plans. Knowing he had no much choise he just looked as the mages amulet kept draining the power.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1290 Posted: 17:44:00 09/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade closed his eyes and cringed in pain. “Got away from me!” His energy flared up again. He then looked at the mage and Blue. His eyes red and filled with fury. He stepped forward causing the rock beneath him to melt with each step. He wasn’t himself he was wild. He then breathed a very intense blue flames that had bits of energy in it.
---
SC
#1291 Posted: 17:47:52 09/09/2018
Angora continued upstairs, paying no mind to the rather offensive comment. She continued looking for Shade...

Dex was still looking at the two "Most of the stuff you said really dont make any sense, but I have to say it has been pretty boring here for the last few days. And if you two come here with the league carriage, that must be something more interesting then this." Dex said
"If somebody asks, I will be back" Dex then said to the guard, Jumping in the horse carriage. "Lets go, we can talk more when we are on the road." He said both to Maverick and Sapphire. Usually Dex was not one to jump in anything without good thinking. But now his boring days, and the fact How interesting the compianation coming for him was..... made him more accepting then usually.

Sapphire quickly jumped in after Dex going very close to him, then She noticed his necklace "You kept it" She said with a happy voice. Dex still not sure about his feelings from last time Simply said "Yea. And looks like you kept yours too." After saying this he gave Sapphire a little smile. After that Sapphire took place next to him, waiting Maverick to join them.

"Let's go! I have this awful feeling!" he hybrid said, urging everyone to leave. Since they were in an area with plenty of trees, Shade's blast noticeable, but the sky did become clearer and with more light. Maverick thought it was the sun intensifying.
---
#1292 Posted: 19:46:48 09/09/2018
Latnok and Sere both noted the man, and the patrons reacting to him. Most of them, Sere figured, saw some opportunity for a quick job and some quick cash.
"Yeah, why don't you get us three glasses of your most popular ale," Latnok asked the barkeeper. "And I would appreciate it if you could put one of them in a container that my dragon friend here can easily drink out of. I personally wouldn't worry about all that stuff out there, by the way - probably just some idiots in the military messing up some spell in one of their temples. Happens way too damn much - they're lucky they don't usually mess up this badly, however."

Meanwhile, Laszur had already received his next mission - find the source of the disturbance. The Void Breaker had absorbed a huge amount of energy, negating the worst effects - whatever it was, it could not go unanswered. He was to see what happened, then, if possible, eliminate the source to prevent future such incidents. With his blindfold on, he was, on one of many of Aelinon's wyverns, flying towards the direction that the mages had pinpointed the power spike.

As the panicked man soon explained his woes, Raclaw let the opportunistic patrons listen and returned his attention back towards the others. And as the tension in the room calmed down, so too did Chester who remained very close to Raclaw as the group did their thing. "For what it's worth-- I think you make a fine dragon and Chester there would probably agree. It's a sweet sweet irony that you two managed to find each other, but you have a kind caring heart. It's who you are and don't ever lose that-- oh and I think you'll enjoy this.," the voice of Damon could he heard over the links. The collar entity was clearly curious how Raclaw would react to what would be his first taste of alcohol and was probably very experienced on the subject. Raclaw was sure that Latnok was in that same boat and would've been watching right alongside Damon, had he processed an actual physical form.

"You got it-- coming up! Go ahead and take a seat and I'll have it right out for you.," the barkeep said taking an extended look at Raclaw's dragon-shaped face. Dragon or not, Raclaw would be the subject of future stories and certainly the first of his particular kind to ever step food into his establishment. The group soon found a table with adequate room and an place for Raclaw to comfortably sit down, he earned a few stares from nearby patrons-- who had never need such a dragon before. As Chester followed and laid down next to Raclaw, his briefly stroked the Beagle with tail as if to indicate that everything was alright. The Beagle seemed slightly more relaxed by this action.

And soon enough-- the barkeep came back out first carrying two regular-sized cups with a sweet smelling Ale. "This is Summerset Ale, a local variety that we produce here in Redwater. You'll find it a little sweeter than most, but your tastebuds will balance out once the stronger more bitter aftertaste kicks in.," he said with a big grin as he placed the two cups down on the table. "Now just give me just a moment and I'll have your friend's out as well. With those numerous taste buds of his, he should enjoy this as well. Maybe just not try to drink it all at one time-- we kinda had to improvise here.," he then said leaving the scene and returning with a much larger container. This larger container was more of a jug and had a large lip perfectly suitable for Raclaw's particular needs. It was notably more full than the other cups and perhaps had 2 or 2½ servings to make up for the larger size.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:47:37 09/09/2018 by redwes
#1293 Posted: 20:14:44 09/09/2018
"This power it is more then I imagined! Keep it up" The mage shouted.

Blue raised water from the sea to protect them. It took a lot of effort to keep them save, but he could do that because the sea made his powers much stronger. "I can not protect us for ever master". He said but the mage seemed not to listen and just kept using the amulet.

After the carriage was on its way again Dex started to talk.
"So you two are looking for me because Blue has Shade and Angora. (Looking at Sapphire) So you are done with Blue or what, or is this somekind of trick. (Turning to Maverick) You know who She is right?" Dex said still clearly confused what was happening. He then continued "And How on earth you made the league to bring you here? Thats just..... Well I guess I need to talk to the workers of the league about our security."

Sapphire snaped out of her admire, and quickly showed Dex the letter She had falsified and the another one which was for her joining to the league
"Damn girl.... I knew you had talent, but this is exelent...... You also joined the league? Well I can see now that atleast your leaving the brotherhood seems more believable." Dex said with clearly impressed voice "She really told the league She is my girlfriend in order to make them help..... Thats really clever, and it seems it worked out very Well..... Girlfriend weird....."Dex thought, but quickly broke his thought and look at Maverick "This trip will not go any faster by worrying, so Is there anything else I need to know about this more then weird situation" Dex said to Maverick
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1294 Posted: 20:18:55 09/09/2018 | Topic Creator
The amulet the mage had was starting to crack from the intense raw power from shade. Shade roared and suddenly the blue flames turned purple as it’s power was increasing ten fold.
---
SC
#1295 Posted: 20:36:58 09/09/2018
With the overwhelming surge of power, even with the disastrous destruction, Angora stubbornly managed to find the room where mage, minion and captive were. She had to crawl to avoid being blown away by the force, and used one hand to keep creating the shield, but even with that, she was suffering second degree burns.
"Shade! I'm here! I'm here big guy! Please, you have to stop!" Angora begged, noticing only Shade. She had to close her eyes almost completely to avoid being blinded by the given light, but she could still recognize the dragolet's familiar shape...

Sapphire snaped out of her admire, and quickly showed Dex the letter She had falsified and the another one which was for her joining to the league
"Damn girl.... I knew you had talent, but this is exelent...... You also joined the league? Well I can see now that atleast your leaving the brotherhood seems more believable." Dex said with clearly impressed voice "She really told the league She is my girlfriend in order to make them help..... Thats really clever, and it seems it worked out very Well..... Girlfriend weird....."Dex thought, but quickly broke his thought and look at Maverick "This trip will not go any faster by worrying, so Is there anything else I need to know about this more then weird situation" Dex said to Maverick

"Yes. They sent us on this mission to retrieve you. They let me go with her to make sure I fulfilled such a mission. But she says she's done with the brotherhood and that she will help me rescue my friends, and I believe in her." Maverick commented, showing just how much faith he was willing to have if it meant increasing the possibilities of having his family back. Angora has suffered too much already, and Shade was very unstable. He couldn't imagine the horror they must be going through...
---
#1296 Posted: 22:16:26 09/09/2018 | Topic Creator
With Raclaw the Travler begged him. "Please my wife is trapped under a tree. You have to help!"
---
SC
#1297 Posted: 22:53:07 09/09/2018
The mage looked at the amulet "No No noooo!!" He shouted and tryed to use his powers to keep the amulet from braking

Blue saw that his moment has come all the mages power was used to the amulet "You have destroyed all I build up.... Be gone" Blue said and cut the mage in half and quickly dove to the sea. The flames from Shades burst made the mages body quickly burn to non-existence and the amulet exploded with a huge blast.

Dex did not know what to think about the situation. There was something special he thought about Sapphire, but because he was not familiar with these kinds of things he did not know what it was. And now She was here with Maverick... it was weird.... more then weird.
"Well this clearly was not what I expected when this day started. But at least we have a way to make sure you have turned sides for good" Dex said looking at Sapphire. "If you lead us to the hideout of the brotherhood, the league will know their hiding place. And because we are in a league carrige the information will get back there very fast. So please tell the driver where to go" Dex said. It was clear he did not trust Sapphire, he was very sure that She was trying to get her revenge from the earlier time they where working together. Thats Why he was pretty surprise to see Sapphire do exactly that. The carrige was now outside again and it did not take long untill the driver took a turn going to the road Sapphire had told him to go.
Sapphire did not talk. At first She wanted to talk to Dex, but right now it was clear that there was somekind of akward tension between the two. They where looking to eachother for short times, and always quickly looking the other way.
Finally Dex looked again at Maverick "Just that you know, I will help you, this is all just pretty weird" he finally said.
---
Cogito, ergo sum.
#1298 Posted: 23:12:20 09/09/2018 | Topic Creator
Shade heard Angora and looked right at her. He came forward but stopped. His eyes started to return to their normal yellow color. “G-get Sapphire!” He was trying hard to calm down.
---
SC
#1299 Posted: 23:47:14 09/09/2018
Raclaw looked down at the oversized Ale and back at the bar keep. &quot;Uh-- thanks.,&quot; he meekly said. He knew that everyone at the table, including his own collar entity, was watching in anticipation. Meanwhile, the traveler had received no help from an oh the other patrons and soon approached him once again.
Quote: Spyroconvexity
With Raclaw the Travler begged him. &quot;Please my wife is trapped under a tree. You have to help!&quot;

&quot;Everything will be alright-- just calm down and show me where she is.,&quot; Raclaw said getting up and knowing that seemingly no-one else in the Merry Satyr would help; probably on the count of most of them being too 'merry' to stand up. 'Hold my beer-- I'll be back.,' Raclaw telecommunicated to everyone at the table. Chester made a whining noise and looked like he was ready to follow Raclaw. It was ironic that he was the one creature in the bar that could help, when they had made fun of his appearance not mere moments before.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:28:02 10/09/2018 by redwes
#1300 Posted: 23:52:43 09/09/2018
Quote: Spyroconvexity
Shade heard Angora and looked right at her. He came forward but stopped. His eyes started to return to their normal yellow color. “G-get Sapphire!” He was trying hard to calm down.

"Shade..." Angora replied faintly, before falling unconscious. The last burst of power blasted her away and onto a wall. She was beaten and burned. Her sudden magic blossoming wasn't enough to completely protect her from Shade's overwhelming power. Even in her condition, she was trying very hard to wake up and make Shade come with her. Que just cared too much about him, the same way he did when he marked his loyalty...

Dex did not know what to think about the situation. There was something special he thought about Sapphire, but because he was not familiar with these kinds of things he did not know what it was. And now She was here with Maverick... it was weird.... more then weird.
"Well this clearly was not what I expected when this day started. But at least we have a way to make sure you have turned sides for good" Dex said looking at Sapphire. "If you lead us to the hideout of the brotherhood, the league will know their hiding place. And because we are in a league carrige the information will get back there very fast. So please tell the driver where to go" Dex said. It was clear he did not trust Sapphire, he was very sure that She was trying to get her revenge from the earlier time they where working together. Thats Why he was pretty surprise to see Sapphire do exactly that. The carrige was now outside again and it did not take long untill the driver took a turn going to the road Sapphire had told him to go.
Sapphire did not talk. At first She wanted to talk to Dex, but right now it was clear that there was somekind of akward tension between the two. They where looking to eachother for short times, and always quickly looking the other way.
Finally Dex looked again at Maverick "Just that you know, I will help you, this is all just pretty weird" he finally said.

"I know. I understand... But the fruto is, I don't know where the hideout is. I was sent away before I could know anything else." Maverick explained, looking at Sapphire. If Dex didn't know, It was up to her now...
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:00 09/09/2018 by Felines
First | Previous | Page 26 of 50 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 48 49 50

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me