Page 1 of 1
What does this remake mean to you?
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#1 Posted: 00:52:18 26/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Kind of an oddball question, but I'm curious to hear what your takeaway is from the Reignited Trilogy and what it means personally to you.

For me, I never had the opportunity to play the original trilogy of games. I never touched Skylanders, and most of my exposure to Spyro was TLoS or the handheld spinoffs from the original series. My only real exposure to the classic games is EtD. That being said, Spyro was still a significant part of my childhood, and although I'm not gonna have the same nostalgic trip that most users on this site will have, I'm still really happy I'm able to experience this trilogy for the first time through this remake.
---
Cool cool.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 00:55:45 26/04/2018
I was too lazy to play the originals(just watched them) but I played ETD and AHT, and nowadays I appreciate collectathons WAY more. Glad to see a Spyro with less fandom infighting than usual and a game that's focused on gameplay first, not a gimmick, or big name VAs.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10087
#3 Posted: 01:13:59 26/04/2018
This remake means a great deal to me and I'm super excited!! The first Spyro game was released a couple of weeks after I was born, and my mother and sister would play the games for me when I was very young until I was old enough to play myself. Throughout my childhood I played every main game that was released after the main trilogy but I regarded none as fondly as the original three. The fact that a remake of my childhood games comes out less than a month after my 20th birthday is such a right feeling.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#4 Posted: 01:15:20 26/04/2018
It means Happy-Happy Time!
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#5 Posted: 01:16:45 26/04/2018
I remember when I was 3 back in 1999 and seeing commercials for Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! on TV, and me already loving dragons at that point, I fell in love with Spyro. I wanted it so badly, but there was one problem. I couldn't talk. What would later be diagnosed as autism, I just could not communicate to my mom that I wanted Spyro 2 and a PlayStation. I just remember seeing Spyro commercials on TV over and over, and it was probably the same commercial, but I didn't care. I was infatuated by Spyro by that point. I went to a developmental center where I learned to talk over the course of 1999 and into 2000. I remember meeting my dad for the first time, and he being the gamer that he is, he knew about the PlayStation, and when I said I wanted Spyro for my birthday in 2000, I got my PS1, Spyro the Dragon and Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage! I played those to death, and I couldn't get enough of them. When Spyro: Year of the Dragon was announced, I asked my dad for it for Christmas that year, and I got it, and also played that to death, and couldn't get enough of it. I loved them, and seeing them back in the spotlight again after all this time is so good. I thank Insomniac Games for making these games every day, and thank Toys For Bob for bringing back the Spyro I know and love. Long live Spyro the Dragon!
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#6 Posted: 06:59:06 26/04/2018
It means a lot to me I really want to have more of Spyro and this remake has opened up a new for him and gave him a new chance to shine I’ve always loved Spyro ever since I could remember he was a big part of my childhood although I played the original trilogy in the 2000’s Because I was born in late 1998 and it was probably the first thing that I have ever played on a play station and I can remember playing each game for hours and hours. I enjoyed the story that each game presented, I enjoyed the characters and especially the magic feeling that I got from the game. ( I just woke up and I’m a bit dizzy I apologize if what I’m writing doesn’t make any sense )
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#7 Posted: 14:55:18 26/04/2018
This particular remake means EVERYTHING to me, Spyro played a big part of my childhood, and got me through a lot of tough times, it was like hanging out with a great friend everytime I got to play with Spyro. All those times when I used to feel down because I was bullied at school, and coming home to my parents arguing with eachother as they were going through a divorce at the time, and there was Spyro to brighten up my day, I just loved playing as a cool, cute fire-breathing dragon, and it was very satisfying to burn and charge enemies, collecting gems, and finding secrets. I really had a great time with Spyro, and that's why he means so much to me.

When I first saw the trailer for the Reignited Trilogy, I was in tears, I was so happy to see Spyro return back to his original roots, and Toys for Bob have nailed his design perfectly, and the environments have life to them now since they do look a little barron now looking back at the PS1 games, but that doesn't mean the PS1 games are bad in any way. Spyro 2 and 3's controls hold up pretty well by today's standards.

I hope that the remake will be a success, so that we can get brand new adventures with our favourite purple dragon. smilie
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#8 Posted: 15:09:44 26/04/2018
Tl;DR: For me, Reignited means getting to play Spyro 1 and 2 again without getting headaches and nausea (because PS1 games do that to me, for some reason!) and playing Spyro 3 for the first time ever!

I only had an Xbox when I was younger so I grew up playing A Hero's Tail (which I now know like the back of my hand!) and A New Beginning (to a lesser extent). I got to finally play the originals a year or two ago, when I found my older siblings' old PS1 in the garage. I fell in love for sure (Spyro 1 is probably my joint favourite Spyro game now) but as I said before, they gave me some serious migraines.

So, I might have only played 2/3 of the original trilogy, and I might not know my way around it as well as everyone else, but I'm really looking forward to the remake regardless! :)
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#9 Posted: 19:00:10 26/04/2018
It means a lot to me. I've loved Spyro since I was nine and it was one of the main franchises that got me into gaming (the other being Crash Bandicoot). It was also what made me like dragons so much. I've played every game and I still enjoy replaying them almost every year. I also used to love collecting Spyro merchandise and I look forward to being able to get more stuff for my collection. Having it been almost 13 years since the last original series game came out, I'm so happy that classic Spyro is becoming relevant again and that today's kids will get to experience it and hopefully enjoy Reignited Trilogy as much as I enjoyed the original games when I was their age.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#10 Posted: 19:10:46 26/04/2018
For me, a revisit for Spyro 3, and for Spyro 1 & 2, an entirely new experience.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#11 Posted: 04:16:27 27/04/2018
For me personally it means a lot of things. Spyro the Dragon was my first game ever as a kid and me and my brother played it until the CD broke, and while I never played Ripto's Rage and only recently played Year of the Dragon a few years back, it still led me to AHT and TLOS and I still love all of them. So of course seeing this makes me so happy.

Personally for me it also means a lot to see the entire Spyro community seem to come together and all be excited for this, including people who may not have played the originals.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#12 Posted: 07:11:48 27/04/2018
I can't remember what my first game I ever played was (which actually saddens me since my parents and sister can't remember ether), since I was born in 1996 and I got into games (as well as watching my older sister play) at an extremely young age, but there was a possibility it could have been Spyro. It was one of my earliest games ever (the original trilogy I mean). I then went on to play AHT when I was older and highly enjoyed that too. The first three games mean a lot to me and it was because of spyro I joined this forum, which helped me get through a tough time and I felt like I found a place where I truly belong. I used to be quite upset that classic Spyro was truly gone so I moved on. But now that it's back, its bringing up fond memories. Crash one of the first games I've played as well and a big part of my early childhood memories, although not as much as Spyro. Also even though my memories with TLOS was bad, it did bring out some ****ty fanfics from me, which although I outright despise now, they did help me become a writer and have experience in story writing, and my writing did improve.

I actually never finished the games when I was like 4-6 though. I found the games again when I was around 8-9 and finally finished them then. These remakes mean a lot to me and you bet I'm buying and playing them ASAP. And if there is a Midnight launch I will try to go to it, and will also buy the collector's edition if there is one. I find it funny how Spyro and Crash died basically during the PS2 era and complete in the ps3 era and got replaced by R&C, J&D, Sly, etc, but those two managed to outlive all the rest in the end to the point a new gen will get to experience them. It just goes to show that people still love them, and I can't believe after like 18 years a possible real Spyro 4 may happen.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:46:04 27/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#13 Posted: 07:37:26 27/04/2018
Spyro has had such a large impact on my life, to be honest.

It was the first game I watched my dad play. It was the game that would help my hand eye coordination. It would be the first game that I completed %110. It would be the game that led me here, and helped me to meet Gage. (who is the love of my life <3)

this remake means so much to me, I just hope it's good.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#14 Posted: 08:51:05 27/04/2018
Revisiting the old games in a new way

Spyro being relevant (again)

Merch
---
#all Spyros are valid
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#15 Posted: 12:49:20 27/04/2018
Videogame-wise, these remakes mean the world to me.

While I started getting good vibes for them only after N. Sane Trilogy’s announcement, Ratchet & Clank’s reboot and the general refound interest for colorful and cartoonish platformers and collectathons (such as Yooka-Laylee or A Hat in Time) made me really hopeful Spyro’s 20th birthday would have been a great occasion for his return.

I might have played other games such as Croc or Overboard before, but Spyro the Dragon was the first title to ever make me fell in love with it beyond the simple fun and enjoyiment: the characters, the music, the locations and the general inaginery behind it left a huge impact on my 3 years old or so self.
I’m honestly not even sure if I played Gateway to Glimmer before the first one, but the latter was regsrdless the one which influenced me the most.

Now, besides the obvious excitement of returning to the locations of the Classic Trilogy, there is also the curiosity of seeing what the future will hold for Spyro and his franchise and the mere fact people are talking about it everywhere is already extremely encouraging.
This is the new beginning I wanted.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:50:13 27/04/2018 by Drek95
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#16 Posted: 17:17:21 27/04/2018
It Mean Good Game Time
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#17 Posted: 01:22:35 28/04/2018
It means a lot to me. Spyro was the first game I fell in love with. Spyro was one of my imaginary friends too (I wasn't ready that creative as a kid.)
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#18 Posted: 12:07:23 29/04/2018
Quote: TheJMAN184
That I really need to get a current gen system sooner than later.

Same. I have so many games that I wanna get for the PS4. I just need a PS4.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#19 Posted: 18:45:09 29/04/2018
I was born in 2000; 10 months before Year of the Dragon (oh my god i'm older than an OG Spyro game, i feel ancient) but my stepdad had Spyro since they had demo discs in McDonald's Happy Meals. He met my mum when I was 3 and my life became fighting with him over the PS1 to play Spyro, him taking the controller off me when I kept dying so he could complete the mission like a boss, me going into my room after school and seeing he'd taken the small TV in there to play because mum was watching the living room TV, I sometimes woke him up at 4am to play and he'd happily oblige. Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer was our game. He also played Spyro 1 but I never took an interest in that when I was younger, and we rarely played Year of the Dragon ... my childhood was taken away from me far too soon; before I even became a teenager, but Spyro is one of the very few things which has a connection to my childhood that I can hold on to forever.

When I was 11 I found out my stepdad had a tumour in his lung and since then, I've lived with the knowledge and fear that one day I will never get to play Spyro with him again. However, 7 years after finding out, he's still alive, strong and relatively healthy. But there's still that lingering feeling...one day, I'll lose him. Another connection to my childhood will be gone. Spyro will exist forever. I'll buy whatever console it's compatible with in 2035, 2045, 2060, 2085, to play.

I feel like Spyro has grown with me. It's an amazing feeling; knowing people still care about my childhood love, caring so much that they've remastered the games. I'm revisiting the late 90's/early 2000's while OG Spyro is visiting the 2010's. He has a place in both eras now, although I will never be a child again, I still have Spyro.

I still have Spyro.
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#20 Posted: 05:14:44 01/05/2018
Ahhh I remember the happy meals they had. I got a Crash one and got disappointed I didn't get Spyro lmao.

Quote: Jaggedstar
I was born in 2000; 10 months before Year of the Dragon (oh my god i'm older than an OG Spyro game, i feel ancient)

I still have Spyro.

lol try being born in 1996 before the first spyro got released, or being born in the 90s in general

but still, knowing that the original trilogy is like 20 years old does make me feel pretty bad
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#21 Posted: 05:20:11 01/05/2018
Always wanted to play the originals, but for some reason or another never got around to it. I'd still like to play them, of course, but this is still really exciting for me because I love this genre and more of it in some form is welcome.

I hope this remake does well. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me