darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > My true favorite part of Spyro: Reignited Trilogy...
Page 1 of 1
My true favorite part of Spyro: Reignited Trilogy...
TheDarlingErika Green Sparx Gems: 119
#1 Posted: 21:10:24 16/04/2018 | Topic Creator
...Okay, you all deserve my honesty...

...So here it is...

...My favorite part...

[User Posted Image]
---
Are you ever dreaming of me?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 21:13:01 16/04/2018
Everyone's favorite part will be HD gnorc butts and Hunter's redesign tied for first. You just don't know it yet. : P
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3 Posted: 21:27:35 16/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Everyone's favorite part will be HD gnorc butts and Hunter's redesign tied for first. You just don't know it yet. : P

Good point. That is, if they don't censor the gnorc butt and Hunter alike...

But my thiefy babyyyyy~~~~~
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#4 Posted: 21:51:14 16/04/2018
Thanks, I didn't want to sleep tonight anyway... smilie
DannySleepTalks Green Sparx Gems: 233
#5 Posted: 22:08:21 16/04/2018
For comparison...

[User Posted Image]

Honestly, the Reignited version is how my mind used to register the original one, so...
---
Look what you made me do, look what you made me do, look what you just made me do, look what you just made me do - Taylor Swift
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#6 Posted: 22:33:45 16/04/2018
That, yeah looks really good. If every character/enemy/whatever gets that kind of upgrade, that would be awesome.

Also does anyone know what level the HD thief is in in that screenshot? Maybe I'm just drawing a blank or something but I can't seem to place it.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#7 Posted: 22:39:45 16/04/2018
Stone Hill, judging by the castle roofs and the trees =p
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#8 Posted: 22:41:41 16/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: DannySleepTalks
For comparison...

[User Posted Image]

Honestly, the Reignited version is how my mind used to register the original one, so...

I know right? X3

Quote: kardonis
That, yeah looks really good. If every character/enemy/whatever gets that kind of upgrade, that would be awesome.

Also does anyone know what level the HD thief is in in that screenshot? Maybe I'm just drawing a blank or something but I can't seem to place it.

Artisans! I can tell by the background scenery, it's the Artisans level!

And yes, I absolutely agree with you! ^_^
---
LindseyWednesdy Blue Sparx Gems: 769
#9 Posted: 22:57:46 16/04/2018
yeah, I thought it was the thief on top of the hillside in the artisans homeworld, right?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#10 Posted: 23:08:37 16/04/2018
Yup, it’s Stone Hill (the only Artisans regular level which doesn’t take place at night or sunset/sunrise).
The thief is in the upper part, the one which is normally considered unreachable the first time you play it; such a great introduction to the series’ level design.

He looks amazing, but if I had to nitpick I’d make his blue a bit lighter because he looks too flashy and “out of place” with that shade.

I highly hope they’ll manage to retain his iconic laugh, or at least give him a new one which is equally mockingly annoying.
I liked what V.V. did for Ripper Roo and would love to see something similar.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:09:35 16/04/2018 by Drek95
#11 Posted: 23:56:56 16/04/2018
ahh, maybe that's it, lol. I legit have not played this game in 10 years, lmao.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#12 Posted: 00:47:31 17/04/2018
I honestly prefer the ETD thief design.
#13 Posted: 00:52:34 17/04/2018
Quote: ClassicSpyroLUV
I honestly prefer the ETD thief design.

that's what's up right here! *high fives*
---
#14 Posted: 00:54:14 17/04/2018
ETD is pretty badass, actually, but I guess it'd make the enemies too majestic for something you take down in one hit. Just like these thieves were the ones smart enough not to mess with Spyro, maybe have that design for a boss or elite version.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:54:50 17/04/2018 by Bifrost
#15 Posted: 01:04:03 17/04/2018
ETD is pretty badass, actually, but I guess it'd make the enemies too majestic for something you take down in one hit. Just like these thieves were the ones smart enough not to mess with Spyro, maybe have that design for a boss or elite version.

I'll subscribe to that! :-)
---
#16 Posted: 01:17:29 17/04/2018
You guys mean this badass right here...?

[User Posted Image]

Yeah, I'll drink to that!
---
Look what you made me do, look what you made me do, look what you just made me do, look what you just made me do - Taylor Swift
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#17 Posted: 03:09:26 17/04/2018
I'll chug down one to that too!
#18 Posted: 03:56:01 17/04/2018 | Topic Creator
OH YEAH, ETD THIEF'S A BADASS!!

Glad we all agree on that one. X3
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#19 Posted: 08:21:42 17/04/2018
I’ll agree that Enter the Dragonfly’s version of the thief looked great, but I’ll also agree on saying that it looked too great for a regular enemy; besides, I don’t think we have original concept arts which shows how it was intended to look, but it seems like the developers interpreted his stripes as decorations rather than actual bandages.
Sometimes (often, actually) less is more.

I preferred A Hero’s Tail’s design anyway, less faithful to the Classic one but more fitting for the game.

And of course, they had to do this for him as well:

[User Posted Image]

When, when will people realize that just because something looks closer to the original doesn’t mean it’s necessarily better that way...?
My brain says “yes, it’s indeed more similar to the thief I’m used to” but it stops there.
Not even sure I’m going to notice his face too much while playing, same going for Sparx’s.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#20 Posted: 08:34:02 17/04/2018
I think Toys for Bob's version of the thief's face looks creepier, and the edited version, although it looks a lot more like the original, which is good, but I prefer them looking creepy, they look more unexpected, and they give you a feeling of uncertainty.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#21 Posted: 08:42:20 17/04/2018
^yeah, he is pure nightmare fuel now, which is also wonderful. :-)
---
#22 Posted: 09:04:43 17/04/2018 | Topic Creator
^^^^^

Completely agreed! ^_^
---
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#23 Posted: 13:17:06 17/04/2018
Also realize there's a good chance they aren't gonna have the exact same facial reaction at all times. Having the eyes up line in the unedited version could possibly just be for that animation, and instead have something similar to the edited version for the "normal" face.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#24 Posted: 17:06:53 17/04/2018
I prefer the edited version, tbh.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#25 Posted: 17:28:27 17/04/2018
Also realize there's a good chance they aren't gonna have the exact same facial reaction at all times. Having the eyes up line in the unedited version could possibly just be for that animation, and instead have something similar to the edited version for the "normal" face.

I agree. Judging by the pose, I'm guessing the unedited face is when it goes "nyah nyah..." and I can imagine it pulling a face similar to the edited version when it does its "heheheheh" laugh afterwards.
#26 Posted: 20:12:48 17/04/2018
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I think Toys for Bob's version of the thief's face looks creepier, and the edited version, although it looks a lot more like the original, which is good, but I prefer them looking creepy, they look more unexpected, and they give you a feeling of uncertainty.

Quote: LindseyWednesdy

Quote: TheDarlingErika
^^^^^

Completely agreed! ^_^

If you think he's scary in that picture...

Get ready to never sleep again!

(Spoiler to protect the faint of heart...)

[User Posted Image]
---
SuperCharger95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1071
#27 Posted: 20:13:51 17/04/2018
I have to agree with you all, the new thieves can scar children. I love it.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#28 Posted: 21:55:21 17/04/2018
We sure do love scaring children smilie<3
#29 Posted: 22:35:31 17/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: alicecarp

I agree. Judging by the pose, I'm guessing the unedited face is when it goes "nyah nyah..." and I can imagine it pulling a face similar to the edited version when it does its "heheheheh" laugh afterwards.

Yeah, I definitely think that's a possibility. It seems like something they would do to give it a little more life.

Quote: DannySleepTalks
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Quote: LindseyWednesdy

Quote: TheDarlingErika
^^^^^

Completely agreed! ^_^

If you think he's scary in that picture...

Get ready to never sleep again!

(Spoiler to protect the faint of heart...)

[User Posted Image]

Holy crap, that's scary!! Hahahahahaha!
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#30 Posted: 00:21:25 18/04/2018
Y'all babies
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#31 Posted: 00:27:31 18/04/2018
Well, I'm not afraid to admit I'm a scaredy cat. It's not going to go away if I puff up my chest and pretend it doesn't creep me out a tad bit.

That said, it's way less creepy because you're still poking them lightly with the horns and they explode.
---
#32 Posted: 00:35:40 18/04/2018
Well, I'm not afraid to admit I'm a scaredy cat. It's not going to go away if I puff up my chest and pretend it doesn't creep me out a tad bit.

That said, it's way less creepy because you're still poking them lightly with the horns and they explode.

unless they change it, and with spyro's new thumbs, you have to pry the eggs from the thieves hands in a Frodo vs Gollum-esque fashion, and then fling some fisticuffs and it simply flops to the floor, never vanishing until you reload the level... that would make it more terrifying, I think.

lol
---
#33 Posted: 00:47:20 18/04/2018
Quote: Bionichute
Y'all babies

Well, imagine if this thing were real, running around, roaming as, and where, it pleases... Consider that it's essentially a kidnapper and I'd say it's just a bit unsettling... :-(

No?

[User Posted Image]

X'D
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me