Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Cheats and Skin
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#1 Posted: 17:37:56 06/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Do you think they're going to remove the cheats and skins (palette swap) in this remake?
Instead, what if they add Skylanders Spyro as a secret skin?
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#2 Posted: 17:44:20 06/04/2018
no....
---
THE END IS NEAR
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 17:46:56 06/04/2018
Quote: Buuzer
Do you think they're going to remove the cheats and skins (palette swap) in this remake?
Instead, what if they add Skylanders Spyro as a secret skin?

i really don't care ethier way, but there are spyro elitists out there who would prefer them separate.

i wouldn't be surprised if they kept them separate.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#4 Posted: 18:01:13 06/04/2018
I can't imagine them adding any cheats at all to be honest.

Maybe they could add Cynder and Skyro to please other fans as a DLC extra playable character? But I feel that it won't happen.

I'm just really happy that we've got Classic Spyro back, he looks beautiful.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#5 Posted: 18:09:03 06/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Maybe they could add Cynder and Skyro to please other fans as a DLC extra playable character? But I feel that it won't happen.

All 3 Spyro's games has cheats codes, I don't want them to remove these cheats (like the big head mode lol) because "trophies cheating HURR HURR" reason
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#6 Posted: 18:20:51 06/04/2018
I'd want Skyro for the salt as I said so many times, but I wonder if they'll add any at all. These models are pretty complex so the rigs are easier to break, so maybe the most they can do is color change or skip a Moneybags section.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#7 Posted: 18:25:11 06/04/2018

All 3 Spyro's games has cheats codes, I don't want them to remove these cheats (like the big head mode lol) because "trophies cheating HURR HURR" reason

The original Crash Bandicoot games had cheats, and when they got remade, they didn't have any. I think cheats are a thing of the past now.
---
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#8 Posted: 18:44:02 06/04/2018
I once saw someone mention the idea that maybe they could make it so that if you have a Skylanders portal plugged in, and put the Spyro figure on it, it could unlock a Skyro skin for Spyro. So people who just HATE everything Skylanders would never have to even see it as a possibility (Cuz they wouldn't have a portal to unlock it in the first place), but it'd be there for people who DO like Skyro.

Dunno how PROBABLE any of that is, but I still thought it was a rather neat idea.

But, yeah, I honestly can't see them keeping in the button cheats. Not even for the whole "BUT TROPHIES" thing, but because the game's gonna be multiplatform, and they probably don't want to have to bother to remap all those button codes for other consoles.

Also not to mention, that how textures and lighting work now is quite a bit different then it was back in the day, so those color cheats might mess up thing royally if you're trying to run around as Black Spyro in the dark Beast Makers world.

I could maybe see them adding some of the effects from the cheats and tying them to being rewards for completing Skill Points, though.

Like, maybe getting the Skate Park Skill Points will unlock the ability for you to choose to use the Squid Skateboard.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#9 Posted: 18:51:13 06/04/2018 | Topic Creator

The original Crash Bandicoot games had cheats, and when they got remade, they didn't have any. I think cheats are a thing of the past now.

Crash only has only cheats for the demos at main menu. Spyro has in-game cheats like palette swap and such, that's different
---
#10 Posted: 18:52:23 06/04/2018

Crash only has only cheats for the demos at main menu. Spyro has in-game cheats like palette swap and such, that's different

I think there's a cheat for Crash 2, where you can get an Instant Aku-Aku mask.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#11 Posted: 19:01:19 06/04/2018
Quote: spyroid101
I once saw someone mention the idea that maybe they could make it so that if you have a Skylanders portal plugged in, and put the Spyro figure on it, it could unlock a Skyro skin for Spyro. So people who just HATE everything Skylanders would never have to even see it as a possibility (Cuz they wouldn't have a portal to unlock it in the first place), but it'd be there for people who DO like Skyro.

Dunno how PROBABLE any of that is, but I still thought it was a rather neat idea.

Yeah, that would be neat. Now I'm wishing they'll do it, even though I know they won't...
---
Boop me if you see this.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#12 Posted: 19:21:27 06/04/2018
Quote: Muffin Man

Yeah, that would be neat. Now I'm wishing they'll do it, even though I know they won't...

Hmm, this is actually a really good idea. At least it would put everyone's figures to use, because it doesn't look like we'll be seeing a new Skylanders game any time soon. :|
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#13 Posted: 19:54:00 06/04/2018
Let them be pissed off then. If people really react that volatile to something like that they deserve to have their feewings hurwt.

I'd love to be able to play as Model swaps of Legend Spyro and Skylanders Spyro. They can act exactly the same as Classic Spyro, just look different. Would be a nice unifyer for all three generations and fanbases, while clearly favouring the original. It doesn't hurt anyone, or change anything, and people don't even have to acknowledge it if they don't want to.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
#14 Posted: 20:05:37 06/04/2018
It doesn't hurt, it's a cameo. That's like saying someone who really doesn't like Crash would be hurt by his cameos on the LOS games, or vice versa in Twinsanity.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:05:59 06/04/2018 by Bifrost
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#15 Posted: 20:08:14 06/04/2018

I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe Sparx could do something if you scan his toy that came with the Dragon's Peak pack.
#16 Posted: 20:08:28 06/04/2018
But it's pixels. It's not a real life trauma. That's why I'm saying it can't hurt, that's all salt and nostalgia goggles. Most people would just scoff, maybe post a dumb tweet about it, and never use it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:08:54 06/04/2018 by Bifrost
#17 Posted: 20:19:13 06/04/2018
But Bad Box Art Megaman was hilarious. People in general just say it was a bad time to put it there, not that the joke itself was in bad taste. Maybe the Spyro skeleton in Cadaverous Crypts is a more appropriate bad taste cameo.
---
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#18 Posted: 20:19:27 06/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
But it's pixels. It's not a real life trauma. That's why I'm saying it can't hurt, that's all salt and nostalgia goggles. Most people would just scoff, maybe post a dumb tweet about it, and never use it.

"it's just pixels" is an incredibly weak argument and could be also said that "it's just a lack of pixels for skyro"
wouldnt you be annoyed if spyro turned into peter from family guy as a skin? but dont worry it's just pixels. It's exactly like that because skyro has 0 relation to classic spyro other than his name.

your argument is that the classic trilogy, which is being made mainly for classic fans, should have skyro and tlos purely because theyre also spyro despite them having 0 to do with classic spyro. You aren't one of the classic fans im assuming, that being said the only reason you think skyro should be in is for the sake of it catering to you, but we classic fans dont want that, we have been waiting 20 years for this, we're "salty" because TLoS and Skyro took away something we loved from us and was slapped into a generic beat em up and slapped into a game that had nothing to do with spyro in the first place. This isn't purely about us being salty it's because this is our love letter, you've had your skyro for like 6 years, let us have this
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:31:16 06/04/2018 by Lunarz
#19 Posted: 20:37:41 06/04/2018
Not 'should' have, I just said it wouldn't be a problem if they did.

I'm a Classic fan, my dude, I just didn't play those fully yet, I played the rest(and somehow stayed strong despite all the money I spent renting ETD). I just have been waiting 14 years instead. A skin wouldn't make this special return tainted, or would make me want to finally play these games all by myself any less. My only bias is wanting to see the meltdown on twitter.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:38:45 06/04/2018 by Bifrost
#20 Posted: 20:52:07 06/04/2018
I'm not going there to fan the flames, or insult someone to cause drama then act like I did nothing, like some of them actually do. In fact, I'm not even interacting, that'd be petty. Seeing them get a taste of their own medicine after some of these people harassed LOS and Skyro fans for years, by something they can fully skip, ignore, and not even get worked up about, however?

I think this is the fourth or fifth time I talked about it in these discussions though, I'll shut up. I'm really bringing it up too much.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:53:08 06/04/2018 by Bifrost
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#21 Posted: 20:57:19 06/04/2018
Hell, even Toys for Bob has said that Classic Spyro and Skylanders Spyro are separate characters and separate universes.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:00:26 06/04/2018 by JCW555
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#22 Posted: 21:21:14 06/04/2018
While I have nothing against LoS or Skylanders, I feel like the three universes should stay separate.

But back to the topic of cheats, I hope they keep the original colour swap, flat and big head cheats. Those were the best
---
Bring the Fanta
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#23 Posted: 21:22:12 06/04/2018
Quote: Lunarz
You aren't one of the classic fans im assuming, that being said the only reason you think skyro should be in is for the sake of it catering to you, but we classic fans dont want that, we have been waiting 20 years for this, we're "salty" because TLoS and Skyro took away something we loved from us and was slapped into a generic beat em up and slapped into a game that had nothing to do with spyro in the first place. This isn't purely about us being salty it's because this is our love letter, you've had your skyro for like 6 years, let us have this

The amount of entitlement in this comment is staggering.
"They took Spyro away from me" is a selfish and brain-dead exclamation. Those games never went anywhere. Do you know why Spyro was rebooted twice? It's because the IP stopped being profitable. The lacklustre sales after the classic trilogy is why Spyro was "taken" from you.

I'm a classic fan too, as well as TLoS and Skylanders (y'know, since they're all Spyro), and I said I'd love something like having LS and Skyro as simple model swaps in a similar vein as Coco in the N-Sane trilogy, as that would be a nice way of uniting the three generations and fanbases into something that everyone can enjoy. If you want to play a Spyro game that doesn't have anything to do with TLoS or Skylanders, go play the classic trilogy on PS1 if it's really that upsetting. And the only way something like that would "harm" anyone is if they themselves choose to be.

Anyway. It won't happen, so No one needs to get so upset at the thought. Your perfect remake is safe.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:23:28 06/04/2018 by Nroc-Nuika
#24 Posted: 21:23:58 06/04/2018
I'll keep out of that discussion since I might be too vindictive over it. There's why I need to stop looking at some comments offsite.

Flat might not work anymore because of collision. Did it keep his hitbox and everything in the original game? Hard to see in a video. If it actually flattens him entirely, that's an easy way to do out of bounds exploits that the devs might not want.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:25:14 06/04/2018 by Bifrost
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#25 Posted: 21:26:10 06/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
I'll keep out of that discussion since I might be too vindictive over it. There's why I need to stop looking at some comments offsite.

Flat might not work anymore because of collision. Did it keep his hitbox and everything in the original game? Hard to see in a video. If it actually flattens him entirely, that's an easy way to do out of bounds exploits that the devs might not want.

From the PlayStation blog:

"Engineering Magic
In the interest of recapturing the enchanted details from the classic trilogy in fine detail, our programming team set out to magically slurp inspiration directly from the original games. Spyroscope was born. This internally developed tool sends fairies into the original games who convert game details into a format that designers can easily interpret, allowing for extremely accurate game object placement and motion. Ultimately, we were also able to leverage many of the original assets such as level models, level collision, animated objects, character models, music, game text, and game sounds through a combination of other in-house tools and a few payments to Moneybags."

"When questioned about how the game is programmed and engineered, Toys for Bob confirmed they were able to leverage many of the original assets including the level geometry and collision but they also created a internally developed tool called Spyroscope that mine and measure the level geometry itself."
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:29:18 06/04/2018 by JCW555
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#26 Posted: 23:43:35 06/04/2018
Quote: TheSpyrofan12
While I have nothing against LoS or Skylanders, I feel like the three universes should stay separate.

But back to the topic of cheats, I hope they keep the original colour swap, flat and big head cheats. Those were the best

Man, I'd be so disappointed if they don't include the cheats.
Are cheats even a thing in games these days?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#27 Posted: 23:51:45 06/04/2018
DLC is, though a few smaller games still have real cheats. I remember Typing of the Skullgirls which is a pretty funny one.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:00 06/04/2018 by Bifrost
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#28 Posted: 00:00:04 07/04/2018
I wouldn't be surprised if they turned the cheats like Big Head Mode into unlockables integrated into all three games.

As I've said before, I think a redesigned Classic Cynder would be really cool as an unlockable character or something.

Also, Sheep Mode.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#29 Posted: 00:50:28 07/04/2018
I would really like the original cheats to make it into the remakes. I'm not holding out hope, but it would certainly make me smile and be all giddy like a little kid.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#30 Posted: 01:33:28 07/04/2018
All I want is for them to keep the big head cheat. That was gold.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:35:44 07/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
TTD Hunter Gems: 6213
#31 Posted: 02:56:41 07/04/2018
I don't see them including Skyro just due to what they've said in interviews. I don't think they'd put any obvious Skylanders Easter eggs in the game either just because they wouldn't want to annoy any purists. However, I do see them putting a very small Skylanders Easter egg in the game (something so small that anyone else would glance over it, but noticeable to Skylanders fans), maybe some Skylands runes hidden somewhere? But as far as a Skyro skin or even a legend skin? No I don't see them doing that. However, a classic skin? Yeah I could see that. By that I mean having the original model from the original game playable, just like in *minor spoilers for another platformer below*

Mario Odyssey:

Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#32 Posted: 17:06:32 07/04/2018
So will there be a cheat that lets me play through an entire HD version of Crash Bash?
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#33 Posted: 17:36:47 07/04/2018
I don't mean to be rude, but now the Skylander, and LoS fans know exactly how us classic fans have been feeling for the past 10 or so years. In LoS, AND Skylanders, they never bothered to at least have a skin for the classic Spyro model, so why would they feel the need to do it for the remaster? Also, it would be inconsistent to still have Tom Kenny's voice over these other skins, and it would cost them a lot more to bring other voice actors for different versions of Spyro, it get's a bit ridiculous. And to that I say you've still got your Skylander, and LoS games, and no one can take them away from you, you can always play them if you miss how Spyro looks in those games - This is the same comment that I have heard for a few years, so I can't be in the wrong for saying it back - What goes around, comes around I suppose.

Sorry to sound harsh, but that's the way it is.
---
#34 Posted: 17:51:25 07/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I don't mean to be rude, but now the Skylander, and LoS fans know exactly how us classic fans have been feeling for the past 10 or so years. In LoS, AND Skylanders, they never bothered to at least have a skin for the classic Spyro model, so why would they feel the need to do it for the remaster? Also, it would be inconsistent to still have Tom Kenny's voice over these other skins, and it would cost them a lot more to bring other voice actors for different versions of Spyro, it get's a bit ridiculous. And to that I say you've still got your Skylander, and LoS games, and no one can take them away from you, you can always play them if you miss how Spyro looks in those games - This is the same comment that I have heard for a few years, so I can't be in the wrong for saying it back - What goes around, comes around I suppose.

Not to mention the fact that they'd have to create entirely new models for LOS and Skylanders Spyro due to this being a different engine than either of those series used, which I personally don't think is worth the investment in a remake of all things.

Also, I'd like to point out that fans of LoS, and Skylanders have stated many times that they don't care how Spyro looks, because every rendition of Spyro, is still Spyro, now I'm not saying that they all say this. - But if the majority think like this, then why would they want other skins of him? Sounds a little hypocritical doesn't it?

EDIT: Look, it really doesn't matter if we get other skins of Spyro in the remaster, if we do, then great, if we don't, then who cares really. It's fine. I'm just happy that they have gone for the original Spyro look, as I feel it would have been a pretty big insult if they chose the Skylander design. Activision must have known this, they probably thought that they don't want to annoy the original fans, it could impact the sales of the game. Especially since Spyro fans haven't seen a game of his for a very long time.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:13:58 07/04/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#35 Posted: 21:30:13 07/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75

Not to mention the fact that they'd have to create entirely new models for LOS and Skylanders Spyro due to this being a different engine than either of those series used, which I personally don't think is worth the investment in a remake of all things.

This. It's also something they'd need to do to add a Cynder model (which people are also for some reason hoping for), and is definitely not something worth doing considering they're remastering so much already
---
Bring the Fanta
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#36 Posted: 14:31:38 08/04/2018
I dunno I admit a reason I don't want Cynder in this is because she has been shoved into everything and has basically replaced Sparx and Hunter as Spyro's close friend since she showed up, so I kind of like the idea of a game without her in it for once. She's like the Krystal of Starfox to me, and... I don't like Krystal ether. There is also the fact that Skylanders seems to have more reference to TLOS than classic, with Malefor and Cynder appearing and classic doesn't even get Hunter last time I checked the series. The classic series just hasn't been given a bone in recent years, so when its given an opportunity to shine, I just feel that the other two series can kind of just... back off for a bit?

Also I guess its because I'm not a fan of TLOS or Skylanders or anything after YOTD really, so my preference would be to not be reminded that an edgy reboot and other failed attempts exist in a game that's directed at the revival of the classic trilogy.

Spyro just doesn't have a female playable character that's a dragon in the classic series. There is no character that's Coco's equivalent. There is also the fact that this means they have to basically go through making a new model and give her a redesign. I doubt they would want to go through all that effort just to have her as a playable character. Coco was already in the story, so why not? Cynder doesn't have that.

boy do i regret my username
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 7 times - Last edited at 14:42:21 08/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#37 Posted: 14:33:03 08/04/2018
Can we just have a playable boss

Like, can we play as a smaller version of Toasty or something
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#38 Posted: 14:42:04 08/04/2018
What I think would be interesting is the dragons probably all have outfits. What I kind of want is for Spyro to be able to have those outfits as well, maybe not the ridiculous hats, though.
#39 Posted: 14:43:34 08/04/2018
Ember is sorta the Coco equivalent, but her cardboard personality is the problem. Cynder'd work with a redesign to put more female dragons that aren't hatchlings.
---
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#40 Posted: 16:55:15 08/04/2018
people are expecting way too much for this game. most remakes and remasters don't introduce dlc so I don't get why people want dlc for stuff that wasn't in the original games.
#41 Posted: 18:37:19 08/04/2018
No, I don't really want Cynder to be in the remaster either, I suppose Ember is the closest female dragon because she's in A Hero's Tail, and that's apart of the original series at least, but I'm not even bothered about her to be honest, you only saw her for a little bit in that game, and then she's was gone.

I don't really want any extra content, I'm quite happy just to receive the remaster as it is.

Maybe an extra home world for Spyro 2? A Spring themed one with some levels as DLC, but I feel that is asking for a bit too much really.
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#42 Posted: 19:47:29 08/04/2018
They should put Ember instead like in AHT!
She is a female dragon of the classic Spyro universe.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me