darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > I'm annoyed of the people who are thinking..
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
I'm annoyed of the people who are thinking..
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#1 Posted: 12:22:56 06/04/2018 | Topic Creator
...they could it better as TfB and are crying it isn't looking like an 20 years old PS1 game, and proofing how this and this color fits better with their photoshop skills. lol
If they are thinking they could it any better, why aren't they working in the gaming industry? smilie
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 12:46:12 06/04/2018
I mean, the shaders aren't perfect, but we've seen much much worse over the years. Hopefully they'll tweak it by release, but that's really a minor complaint, not a make it or break it con to the remakes.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#3 Posted: 12:58:36 06/04/2018
I don't know what they're talking about, this game looks beautiful

I also like how they made the enemies have some Idle animations(or maybe it's a cutscene IDK) Like Toasty
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#4 Posted: 13:31:32 06/04/2018
muh childhood
danyq94 Gold Sparx Gems: 2787
#5 Posted: 14:02:51 06/04/2018
Oh man, it was the same with N.Sane Trilogy.

"look I fix Crash", "look I fix Spyro".
bah.
---
I love Crash & Spyro! Visit my italian site:
http://crashzone.forumcommunity.net
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#6 Posted: 14:37:36 06/04/2018
Those seem like perfectly reasonable criticisms though, but I do agree to an extent that people should be the change they want to be. It's no good just improving things via Photoshop but not knowing exactly what the process is to apply that to the video game with different software and moving parts.

It also means that fan projects like Spring Savannah can stand out should people wish to pursue the original art style and folks can listen to the remastered music by others.

I'm definitely not a fan of the art direction nor do I think I could do any better, but I know what I like as do you. I'm glad people are sharing their ideas and feedback. The world would be a very boring place if one could only be nice about things, especially for the sake of it. Let artists share their talent, seek employment and work on their dream game! smilie

If you want to know my reasons for why I dislike the art style, I just find it very excessive, as though there's too much icing on the cake. I'm very much a firm believer in "more is less" in art sometimes, but without playing the game I can't be sure. Also, I didn't recognise any of the levels when I normally could at a glance. The deep hues and rich colours were almost entirely part of a level's identity, save for the music and foes, which in my opinion are gone. Perhaps improved, perhaps not. I won't know until I see more. It just looks very sickly sweet, and not in a way such as Diddy Kong Racing. Finally (off the top of my head), the art style is very similar to Blizzard's and with how I'm playing WoW it's a bit exhausting. That's a huge personal one though, so it doesn't count as an objective criticism. It's a great art style, it's just not Spyro. And for me, that matters. When Nytro, some failed Kickstarter with a lion and fan projects are more loyal to the original, I don't think it's a matter of wanting to be true to the original, but rather wanting to improve on it. In which case I say go whole hog with the improvements; add Cynder, fast travel, auto-saving, remove lives, etc.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:58:15 06/04/2018 by Johnbonne
#7 Posted: 17:48:32 06/04/2018
PS1 hardware limitations =/= art style
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:50:06 06/04/2018 by Blackholes_Wolf
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#8 Posted: 18:05:34 06/04/2018
Everything in the trailer that I've seen, I actually welcome these changes, it will make it feel like a fresh new experience, like it's a new game, and not some HD thing with the same textures, and lighting.

Some people need to get the old PS1 graphics out of their heads, and have an open mind. Everything can't be exactly the same.

I also get annoyed at people when they say that Dark Hollow has not got enough bass, but in my opinion, the original, I felt the bass was too much, as it drowned out other instruments. The devs could have completely changed the soundtrack, but chose to respect it by remaking it.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:07:38 06/04/2018 by SuperSpyroFan
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#9 Posted: 19:48:54 06/04/2018
First of all, I hate the idea that you have to be a credible artist to be able to criticise anything artistic. Please get rid of that idea. Anyone can pick up when something may look off. Sure, artists do have a better eye for these things, but anyone can point out when something may not look quite good. As everyone likes to say, you don't need to be a chef to tell when the food isn't good.
That being said, if these people think they can do better, I'd love to see them try.
I personally think that the games look absolutely fantastic from what we've seen. Spyro's design is so vibrant and it fits in with the world so well! I love the screenshots where he stands out against the blue background. Great colour theory right there. I'm not too happy with Nestor's design, but hey, that's bound to happen in a game with thousands of unique models ... there's going to be some that you won't like. But the other models look really nice, especially the gnorcs and Toasty!
People need to stop being so negative. The game hasn't even come out yet. We haven't even seen a quarter of the game and everyone is just so quick to judge it.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#10 Posted: 19:53:59 06/04/2018
As much as I agree with Bolt on the artistic knowledge part, it really takes more than color balancing a screenshot to make a game look nice. Lighting isn't about setting a color on a shader and making a mood, you have to know how it interacts with that entire area - if your player can see well to begin with and no areas being too bright or dark, if the essential areas are properly lit or highlighted by structures, if the puzzles or enemies don't blend with the background. You can't do that to a screenshot and call it a day, which is why these people are really sounding nitpicky.

Maybe if the game comes out on PC and someone makes a mod, instead.
---
#11 Posted: 21:46:20 06/04/2018
its sad, people just want the same spyro updated with HD textures
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#12 Posted: 21:47:44 06/04/2018
if you want that just emulate the game
#13 Posted: 23:09:06 06/04/2018
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

Oh no

How TERRIBLE/s
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#14 Posted: 23:27:41 06/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Lol please no.
The characters are looking too 90's.
It's a good choice to redesign everyone.
Just looking at the GCI render of Spyro and the others. They are made for ps1 graphics but if they used the same models in HD graphics it would be looking just horrible.
TfB doing a great work and I'm so happy that they are doing their own art style and not going the Crash NST way.
---
#15 Posted: 23:31:50 06/04/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Oh no

How TERRIBLE/s

if only they could use some sort of program on a computer to play the original trilogy upscaled to HD! If only a program like that existed!

HOW TERRIBLE
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#16 Posted: 23:41:05 06/04/2018
I honestly care less about the graphics (which look fantastic anyway) and more about the controls.

Also curious if they will keep the double jump glitch in Spyro 2, similar to how N. Sane Trilogy kept the Slide-Spin-Jump glitch. I doubt it since they will be standardising the controls and it broke way more than the Slide-Spin-Jump glitch did in Crash 2 and 3, but it would be amazing if they kept it and even added intentional hidden areas you can reach using it.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#17 Posted: 23:45:59 06/04/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

Oh no

How TERRIBLE/s

if only they could use some sort of program on a computer to play the original trilogy upscaled to HD! If only a program like that existed!

HOW TERRIBLE

*facepalm*
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#18 Posted: 23:46:20 06/04/2018
If they don't keep the swimming in air glitches I will be disappointed.
(Though I sorta doubt they'd be keeping glitches because they were mistakes after all. Who knows?)
---
I draw stuff.
#19 Posted: 23:48:16 06/04/2018
Quote: Bolt
(Though I sorta doubt they'd be keeping glitches because they were mistakes after all. Who knows?)

Actually I want that one too now that you mention it.

I think the YotD air swimming glitch was the first glitch I ever discovered in a video game.
---
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#20 Posted: 00:10:55 07/04/2018
N. Sane Trilogy kept some glitches from what I remember. Maybe they'll do the same?

Also I think the game looks bloomin' beautiful, arguably better than the N. Sane Trilogy and that already looked great.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#21 Posted: 00:44:25 07/04/2018
The developers even said it themselves that they approached Insomniac and made sure that what they were doing is still true to Insomniac's vision, and the old guys approved of it. I'm positive that this was what Insomniac was going for originally but couldn't due to the extreme limitations of the PS1 hardware. When you're doing a remake of a flipping ps1 game, there is going to be far more upgrades. The fact that they even went to the old company in the first place for the all clear really shows how passionate they are about this trilogy, and I highly respect that.

I adore the art style in the new one. The only complaint I have is that I think Spyro's head could be a little bigger, horns are a bit blunt, the environment looks a bit saturated, etc but they're only minor things and I honestly don't care. I love the graphics and the new character models from what I've seen so far look really great.

In all honestly the only thing I'm concerned about is the adaption of the music, since that was what gave the atmosphere in all three games. As long as they keep the drums and the guitar I'm fine.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 00:49:26 07/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#22 Posted: 00:46:53 07/04/2018
There's better animation and rendering software, of course things are going to look different. Once again, Activision is shooting themselves in the foot by calling these remasters as opposed to remakes... leading to press outlets calling them remasters and putting in people's minds the idea that they're going to look just like the originals. -_-
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#23 Posted: 00:56:02 07/04/2018
Yeah but remaster has this fancy word that feels like restoring a famous painting, the chart says that people love it! Even though it's people tweeting about actual remastered editions.
---
#24 Posted: 00:57:24 07/04/2018

Be a nice easter egg
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#25 Posted: 00:57:28 07/04/2018
It's a reproduction.

A redesign.

A redevelopment.

Obviously.
---
#26 Posted: 19:40:07 08/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
There's better animation and rendering software, of course things are going to look different. Once again, Activision is shooting themselves in the foot by calling these remasters as opposed to remakes... leading to press outlets calling them remasters and putting in people's minds the idea that they're going to look just like the originals. smilie

100% agree.
This people don't understand it isn't an simple "remaster" like Final Fantasy X/X-2, Uncharted trilogy, Okami etc.
The press release even says it is remade from the ground up. It is a remake not a remaster and it's not their goal to make a PS1 game with HD graphics.
I even read a comment who someone is complaining about Spyros animation because their aren't the same from the ps1 games ... wtf.
It isn't a PS1 game it is a PS4/Xbox One game -.- If they want to play the exact same game just put it in your ps1.
They aren't making it only for the hardcore PS1 Spyro fan ... They want appeal to a wider audience. Kids who are gowing up with Skylander Spyro, new people who haven't contact with Spyro or Skylanders etc.
---
#27 Posted: 20:29:09 08/04/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I honestly care less about the graphics (which look fantastic anyway) and more about the controls.

Also curious if they will keep the double jump glitch in Spyro 2, similar to how N. Sane Trilogy kept the Slide-Spin-Jump glitch. I doubt it since they will be standardising the controls and it broke way more than the Slide-Spin-Jump glitch did in Crash 2 and 3, but it would be amazing if they kept it and even added intentional hidden areas you can reach using it.

I don't think they will keep the double-jump glitch in Spyro 2, quite simply, because it's a glitch, it's not meant to be in the game, and that's the reason why it's not in Spyro 3. Also, on one of Tealgamemaster's videos, he had a developer talking with him on there, and even he stated that if Insomniac and Sony knew about the glitch, Spyro 2 wouldn't have shipped as it breaks the game.
---
#28 Posted: 20:37:50 08/04/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I mean, while I don't personally see them keeping the double jump or anything like that, Crash did keep some of its glitches, so it's still possible, I guess. *shrug*

I highly doubt it, I'll be really surprised if Spyro can still double-jump in the second game. Can't see it happening if they want to keep consistency across all 3 games.
---
#29 Posted: 21:09:30 08/04/2018
I still look forward to seeing what exploits speedrunners come up with for these games. XP
---
#30 Posted: 21:16:11 08/04/2018
Quote: HIR
I still look forward to seeing what exploits speedrunners come up with for these games. XP

Oh, there's always a way. It will be interesting.
---
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#31 Posted: 01:30:26 09/04/2018
i was actually wondering if they would keep the swimming in the air glitches
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#32 Posted: 01:34:24 09/04/2018
Yes we were talking about that in another thread somewhere, and I think they totally should haha.

EDIT: Oh my god I'm an idiot, it was this thread that we were talking about it in.
---
I draw stuff.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:39:01 09/04/2018 by Bolt
#33 Posted: 01:37:49 09/04/2018
I still don't understand why they're hung up on Stone Hill having new roof colors. It's not a character, or an important item - it's just a roof. Blue, green, it's still a fancy beige looking place.
---
#34 Posted: 01:40:11 09/04/2018
What?? Who is complaining about the roof colours? Who even cares?
---
I draw stuff.
#35 Posted: 01:48:12 09/04/2018
They're not even grasping at straws

They grasping at milk-covered Graham Crackers
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#36 Posted: 02:08:19 09/04/2018 | Topic Creator
What?? Who is complaining about the roof colours? Who even cares?

The Spyro-Reddit has alot of elitist Spyro fans who are complaining everything about the remake and want it to look and play exactly like the PS1 games. Just read their "Toys for Bob Feedback Megathread" ... It's so embarrassing.
---
#37 Posted: 02:18:49 09/04/2018
Oh man, this is exactly why I never stray from this website. I hate seeing everyone complain about the smallest little details. They need to realise that the game isn't going to be exactly like it was before, the PS1 had many limitations ... and things that might have been good back then don't really hold up to today's standards. And TfB aren't Insomniac ... their design ideas are going to differ.
---
I draw stuff.
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#38 Posted: 02:40:54 09/04/2018
Against my better judgement, I took a look myself, and I'm already loosing it at hearing someone say Spyro tucking his arms in during his gliding (You know, like an actual creature would do to remain aerodynamic), instead of holding them forward like he did in the PS1 games will remove the fun and flow of exploration dghkasjdghsajgdh
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
#39 Posted: 02:48:16 09/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Oh man, this is exactly why I never stray from this website. I hate seeing everyone complain about the smallest little details. They need to realise that the game isn't going to be exactly like it was before, the PS1 had many limitations ... and things that might have been good back then don't really hold up to today's standards. And TfB aren't Insomniac ... their design ideas are going to differ.

This! These people are the genwunners of Spyro ...
"Spyro has not the purple color of his PS1 model and he doesn't look exactly like an 90's character" "The gras is not emerald green" "That and that and that and that color isn't right." "Spyro has different walking animation"
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:50:11 09/04/2018 by XSparxX
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#40 Posted: 03:11:34 09/04/2018
I'm on the subreddit right now and I can't really find anyone like that
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#41 Posted: 07:37:11 09/04/2018
There was this huge post in the reddit and this person was editing a lot of the images. One of them was making the environment more green instead of the yellow tint, and in all honestly I prefer TFB's.

Legit the only thing that's my concern is the soundtrack and hoping they keep the rock elements that the originals had. Other than that, the rest could really use a good makeover.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:42:14 09/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#42 Posted: 11:47:39 09/04/2018
This is the internet. People are gonna complain b/c that's just what they do, apparently.
---
#43 Posted: 13:04:04 09/04/2018
Quote: Bifrost
I still don't understand why they're hung up on Stone Hill having new roof colors. It's not a character, or an important item - it's just a roof. Blue, green, it's still a fancy beige looking place.

SKY SANCTUARY HAD A YELLOW TINT IN SONIC 3 & KNUCKLES REEEEEEEEE

Fanbases of animal mascot characters will always be doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past.
---
#44 Posted: 16:23:46 09/04/2018 | Topic Creator
Have you seen this guys?
https://imgur.com/a/BZse3

Why are the Spyro elitist so nitpicky?
I don't care if the roof color is red or blue, and most of the "better ps1 colors" looks unnatural and off.
TfB is doing an amazing job. It's a remade from the ground up and not a "satisfying the nostalgic hardcore fanboys remaster".
They never said they want to copy the Insomniac style.
---
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#45 Posted: 16:48:32 09/04/2018
HA! They make a big post nit picking colors and call Stone Hill 'stony hill'. I just think the irony of that is funny!

Also aren't those trailer screenshots? They'll look different in the real game won't they?
However I will say that I like their version of the egg thief over the TFB one and I generally dislike the dragon elder design.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:53:10 09/04/2018 by ClassicSpyroLUV
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me