First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4
What are you hoping for?
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#151 Posted: 13:24:37 11/04/2018
Imagine wearing them in RR and YOTD when you talk to other characters, especially Ripto.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#152 Posted: 13:24:53 11/04/2018
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
It would be cool to have a mode were you just burn sheep

Unless that's already a minigame in 2 and 3

There's no minigame, but every game has sheep that you can burn for fodder.
#153 Posted: 13:36:41 11/04/2018
Mod where you wear a ship costume plz
---
#154 Posted: 15:45:01 11/04/2018
I know this is not that big of a deal, but I would like High Caves to have its PAL version music instead of the track used in the NTSC version which is a slowed down version of the Tree Tops theme (or maybe the Tree Tops theme is actually a sped up version of the High Caves theme). This may be because I grew up with the PAL version, but I think the PAL theme suits High Caves a lot better than the NTSC theme.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#155 Posted: 16:04:55 11/04/2018
Quote: alicecarp
I know this is not that big of a deal, but I would like High Caves to have its PAL version music instead of the track used in the NTSC version which is a slowed down version of the Tree Tops theme (or maybe the Tree Tops theme is actually a sped up version of the High Caves theme). This may be because I grew up with the PAL version, but I think the PAL theme suits High Caves a lot better than the NTSC theme.

Absolutely agree, but judging from previous discussions about this subject it seems we might be in the minority.
Also hope they won’t use the Greatest Hits’ OST, because while the new tracks might avoid repetition I found them nowhere as fitting as the original ones (Lost Fleet comes to mind).

Strongly hope they will use the Ripto’s Arena theme without the chorus: honestly sounds out of place and quite ridiculous, to be honest, even if it would probably sound a bit better with modern days standards.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#156 Posted: 16:07:02 11/04/2018
The choir feels like something you'd hear when he appears, not in a battle theme, I think, but the song feels a bit more alive with it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#157 Posted: 16:27:38 11/04/2018
True, but listening to both while watching the actual battle I never felt like the non-chorus version was missing anything.
I really love boss themes, but to me they always sound less powerful when separated from their context, even more than regular level tracks.

Speaking of boss themes, I’m still unsure if I’d like Spyro 1 bosses and Year of the Dragon’s mini-bosses to have unique ones.
On one hand I think the tracks from the levels they are in fit them well enough, but I’d be intrigued to see changes such as original scores or cutscenes.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:28:28 11/04/2018 by Drek95
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#158 Posted: 16:35:54 11/04/2018
Quote: sonicbrawler182
A mode where you can wear Spyro's shades from the 100% ending of Spyro 1, at all times.

The only new addition we need tbh. B)

100% completion bonus, maybe?
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#159 Posted: 19:01:24 11/04/2018
I'd prefer it if the speedways all had different tracks and I've always liked the Country Speedway theme, so I hope they do use the GH tracks. Even if they don't, I hope the Sorceress fight uses the Spike's Arena theme and not the Sunrise Spring theme.

Also, I hope they use the full version of the credits theme rather than just looping the first 40-45 seconds.
#160 Posted: 19:24:20 11/04/2018
I think the Greatest Hits OST is a must. Not to mention including the extra Easter egg tracks that were in Spyro 1 and played if you spent a long time in a certain level.
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#161 Posted: 21:15:25 11/04/2018
Perhaps the bonus Coco esqe content is playing as the Spyro 3 characters in all levels? Unlikely due to certain level designs and character mechanics, but it could be pretty cool.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:15:45 11/04/2018 by HeyitsHotDog
#162 Posted: 21:33:14 11/04/2018
Highly doubt it.
They emphasized many times how they are working very hard to make level geometry and model placing as close as possible to the original, and characters such as Agent 9 or Bentley wouldn’t be able to properly access the majority of the levels without heavy changes.

I think the Reignited Trilogy equivalent to Coco would probably be a skin of some kind for Spyro, such as Cynder, Flame or Ember, nothing which would change the actual gameplay.

More intrigued by this trilogy equivalent to extended time trials anyway if there is going to be one, still can’t figure out what it could be.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#163 Posted: 22:18:08 11/04/2018
They could do online integration and, say, let you post your speedway clear times, or your scores in minigames from Spyro 2 and 3.
---
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#164 Posted: 23:18:44 11/04/2018
I'd like to see the Dragonfly eggs from the Japanese games incorporated as another collectable in some way.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#165 Posted: 00:35:35 12/04/2018
I's like for YOTD to not feel utterly disappointing when you 100% it.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#166 Posted: 01:04:28 12/04/2018
Quote: Bionichute
I's like for YOTD to not feel utterly disappointing when you 100% it.

That's why you press on, and on, AND ON - to go for that elusive 117%.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#167 Posted: 01:23:43 12/04/2018
It's been ages since I played YOTD, but I'm fairly sure what you get for 100% is basically the same for RR? You unlock a book and that's it? I don't remember feeling disappointed.

I for one would like the bosses in the first two games to be more difficult, especially the first game because all those bosses were disappointing and hardly bosses.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:25:26 12/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
#168 Posted: 03:49:49 12/04/2018
Quote: DarkCynder_543
It's been ages since I played YOTD, but I'm fairly sure what you get for 100% is basically the same for RR? You unlock a book and that's it? I don't remember feeling disappointed.

You only get that if you get all the Skill Points in 3. I don't know if its the same case for 2, but at least you get a movie theater to watch cutscenes in. 3 doesn't even give you that.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
willspyro Ripto Gems: 5862
#169 Posted: 04:31:17 12/04/2018
Quote: Drek95
Quote: willspyro
I'm hoping they add some of the cut content from Year of The Dragon.

Speaking of that, I know about Machinists’ World from the first game and potentially a Spring Homeworld from the second, but besides maybe a slightly bigger Super Bonus World and some minigames or mini-bosses, I have no idea if anything major was cut from Year of the Dragon.

Do we have more informations about that?

There was supposed to be a mini boss in Dino Mines. There was also supposed to be a whirlwind that would lead you to the Super Bonus Round but it was cut due to rushing. That's why in Midnight Mountain there's a tall island in the far distance you won't be able to get to unless you gameshark the game.
#170 Posted: 04:34:38 12/04/2018
Quote: DarkCynder_543

You only get that if you get all the Skill Points in 3. I don't know if its the same case for 2, but at least you get a movie theater to watch cutscenes in. 3 doesn't even give you that.

tbh I actually thought Dragon Shores was the most disappointing. I expected it to be something bigger and what I got was not what I was expecting. I expected another cool world like Gnasty's Loot or Super Bonus Round.

Getting the perma powered up breath that also could be taken into your next playthrough was pretty sick though.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:35:25 12/04/2018 by DarkCynder_543
ClassicSpyroLUV Yellow Sparx Gems: 1193
#171 Posted: 05:59:40 12/04/2018 | Topic Creator
What I'm REALLY hoping for is a sequel tease at the end of YotD. Even if they end the credits with "thank you for playing Spyro the Reignited Trilogy! Please join Spyro for many more adventures!"
#172 Posted: 06:01:08 12/04/2018
Well even in the original there is a page with 'Ripto and Gnasty talk about the "Spyro problem", which ETD was meant to use. :\
---
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#173 Posted: 23:47:58 12/04/2018
Dunno how much of a stretch it would be, but I'm hoping all these fancy screenshots we're getting might possibly be hinting at the game having a Photo Mode added to it >3>
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#174 Posted: 23:53:02 12/04/2018
Quote: spyroid101
Dunno how much of a stretch it would be, but I'm hoping all these fancy screenshots we're getting might possibly be hinting at the game having a Photo Mode added to it >3>

I wouldn't take it as confirmation since these are PR screenshots.

However, as someone who thinks a Photo Mode should become a standard in most 3D games, I really hope they add this.

Still waiting on a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Photo Mode...
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#175 Posted: 22:10:58 20/04/2018
Hi I love Spyro and I'm excited for this remake. There are a lot of things I'm hoping to see, but these are the five I think about the most.

1. Skill Points
  2. It would be interesting to see Skill Points be added to the first game. There could be ones for getting under a certain time in speedways, but I can't think of much else.
  3. Alternate Skins For Spyro
  4. I don't mean having the other younger dragons as playable "skins," I mean alternate looks for Spyro himself. I would love a PS1-styled skin or maybe even alternate colors that you can unlock by entering the cheat codes from the originals. To clarify since this seems to have been debated a bit, I'm not opposed to the idea of the other dragons making an appearance in modern Spyro, but rather I think it would be more fitting to reintroduce them in an entirely new game.
  5. Expanded/Improved Post-Game
  6. I've always held the belief that Spyro 1 has the best post-game out of the original trilogy. Dragon Shores is really boring to me, and the Super Bonus Round would be better if it didn't have the submarines or yeti skateboarding. That repeat of the Sorceress' fight is also a little... pathetic. I just want to collect a bajillion treasure at once, is that so much to ask?
  7. Spyro 1 Boss Cutscenes/Changes
  8. It bothers me a little bit that the bosses in Spyro 1 are kind of... useless. You don't even have to do the boss levels to move on to the next Homeworld. It would be awesome if they added little cutscenes of the bosses interacting with Spyro, or at the very least made beating them part of the requirement to progress.
  9. Cut Content
  10. It's been implied that they already have plans to add cut content, but I still think it's worth mentioning. Most importantly of all, either grant access to the secret island in Midnight Mountain, or go with the original concept of it hosting the Super Bonus Round's portal. I could definitely see them not doing certain things however - the Dino Mines secret boss seems unlikely because we don't know what it looks like nor would there be a reward for beating it.
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#176 Posted: 01:09:55 21/04/2018
I have a list of questions I wish I could ask someone at Toys For Bob. I've already tweeted the company, and sent a private message to "Chris at TFB," but I never got any response.
#177 Posted: 01:33:00 21/04/2018
Quote: Hardback247
I have a list of questions I wish I could ask someone at Toys For Bob. I've already tweeted the company, and sent a private message to "Chris at TFB," but I never got any response.

Unless you're doing this for an article or forum, and even then, don't get your hopes up. They can answer a few questions once in a blue moon, but Acti PR apparently has set in stone that they'll play dumb even if you ask about random harmless information. The best case that comes to mind is fans at E3 asking them about Glumshanks in Skylanders: Trap Team, and they said they wouldn't give details on the character, making everyone really suspicious that he would have an important role or development. Glumshanks does absolutely nothing other than his normal butler role in the game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:33:29 21/04/2018 by Bifrost
#178 Posted: 02:10:05 21/04/2018
We literally knew about the Light and Dark element characters, complete with in-game screenshots and videos, and yet they still denied they existed until the official reveal.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
#179 Posted: 02:18:00 21/04/2018
We literally knew about the Light and Dark element characters, complete with in-game screenshots and videos, and yet they still denied they existed until the official reveal.

Not only that, someone spilled that info to Italian press. Nope, never heard of this Knight Mare, even though marketing screwed up somewhere else in the internet.
---
#180 Posted: 02:27:00 21/04/2018
I think how they handled Light and Dark was a major reason why I'm soured on Trap Team... aside from parts of it being really blatantly unfinished.

The communication during that era was utterly nonsensical, and I remember people being really happy about getting straight answers about certain things from VV during Superchargers' release.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#181 Posted: 02:39:32 21/04/2018
I realize this should be in the Skylanders section, but I might as well ask it here. How was the communication between Activision/Toys For Bob/Vicarious Visions and fans in the Skylanders era? I've always heard from Skylanders fans that there was shoddy communication at best throughout the series, and it only got worse as it went on.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:43:03 21/04/2018 by JCW555
#182 Posted: 02:43:09 21/04/2018
Yeah it sucked a lot
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#183 Posted: 02:43:31 21/04/2018
Quote: JCW555
I realize this should be in the Skylanders section, but I might as well ask it here. How was the communication between Activision/Toys For Bob/Vicarious Visions and fans? I've always heard from Skylanders fans that there was shoddy communication at best throughout the series, and it only got worse as it went on.

VV would often browse Dark Spyro forums, actually and it seems our criticisms were heard and as a result, influence creative choices in later games, specifically Superchargers.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#184 Posted: 11:45:12 21/04/2018
They browsed but we also had zero communication on both. We could be sure to only hear the press text for months on end because their PR refused to answer anything useful or straight up insulted us ("you want PVP? Racing is PVP, and everyone likes it!")... BUT, when the game went gold, we'd hear much more from certain people as they stopped caring about sticking to the script. Paul Reiche from TFB in specific would answer a lot from fans in the interviews close to release and act way less corporate than what you'd see on E3.

But the odd nice PR aside, very minimal, no real interaction that didn't involve a youtuber, sometimes treated like children. Here's hoping we'll be more community and less clueless consumer to them.
---
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#185 Posted: 13:43:16 21/04/2018
The only DLC skin we need: Snoop Dog skin. I wanna play as Spyro's uncle. Or maybe put him as a dragon somewhere in the first game, that'd be fun.

Anyway, seriously I don't think Spyro really needs a "coco" cause the whole thing with coco is there was very few opportunities to play as her outside of a few random levels or racing spin offs. I remember as a kid, coco was my fav character and I was always ****in ecstatic whenever I got to play as her, so the option to play as her in N Sane was a dream come true for me. There isn't really that same incentive for Spyro, esp with Cynder because she's been playable in full games before, several times if you include skylanders. Even flame and ember had skin unlocks in AHT if I remember correctly? The appeal with coco was it was the First Time she'd been playable like that, so it was a neat novelty.

I think having some characters as dlc skins might be nice idea, like a los skin or a skyro skin, or a polygon skin just for funsies, maybe even as cheat code unlockables, but I don't think it needs a 'coco'.

The main thing I'm excited to see tbh is how they deal with the cheat codes. They were so much fun man.......... I wonder whether they'll keep them as cheat codes or do what I think Jak 2 did? It had unlockables with those precursor egg things that were like.... big head Jak or whatever, and then more difficult ones unlocked like bonus content. That'd be neat.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#186 Posted: 20:23:53 09/05/2018
I want Clancy Brown to return as the voice of some of the dragons. However, if he's unavailable, then maybe have John DiMaggio using the same voice he did for Uka Uka in N.Sane Trilogy.
BTDiamonds Blue Sparx Gems: 773
#187 Posted: 02:48:51 17/05/2018
In the end I think I just want the game to be as loyal as possible to the original trilogy, honestly.
---
Stuff and things. smilie
First | Previous | Page 4 of 4
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me