Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Well guys it's been a long ride
KrystalLBX Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1 Posted: 04:36:59 30/11/2017 | Topic Creator
But on the 14th of December, the Internet may truly end.

It's been funny with all the memes we shared
Or all the flame wars that flared
From Reddit to 4chan
We posted memes whenever we can
No matter how you used it
We all used it at least a little bit
How will we ever get the latest game news?
Losing internet only friends will surely give us the blues
The countdown has already begun
The Internet may be done
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
AestheticDragon Ripto Gems: 1658
#2 Posted: 04:45:44 30/11/2017
Good, I need to spend more time outside anyway.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#3 Posted: 04:58:23 30/11/2017
The intenet's not gonna end, everything is just gonna turn ****ty
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#4 Posted: 05:09:15 30/11/2017
i'm sure with all the fuss people are making about this stuff we'll eventually get some change
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#5 Posted: 06:24:20 30/11/2017
we're all gonna die
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#6 Posted: 08:01:52 01/12/2017
At least this way we're preventing the rise of Skynet.

Or is this what creates Skynet?

Goddamn time travel makes everything so confusing.
---
Boop me if you see this.
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#7 Posted: 00:07:57 09/12/2017
WAIT WHAT?!?!

What's happening?! I heard something about net neutrality a while ago, and how that's being compromised, but I dunno how that'll affect the web... I live in the UK, so I heard it won't affect us so much...

But, damn. Of course, I haven't heard much about what will happen, but it seems pretty bad from what I've heard.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#8 Posted: 00:19:04 09/12/2017
wAIT DID NET NEUTRALITY THING ACTUALLY GO THROUGH?
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#9 Posted: 00:25:06 09/12/2017
Quote: parisruelz12

No, not yet from what I'm aware of.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#10 Posted: 00:25:45 09/12/2017

No, Windumup's just causing more panic than need be. December 14th is when they're supposed to have a vote and debate about it.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#11 Posted: 01:09:22 09/12/2017
In all seriousness, this is big.

If you haven't signed a petition, do so immediately.
#12 Posted: 01:16:12 09/12/2017
Honestly, I don't think signing a pention will do anything. If they can benefit from this, then they will.

I'm sure there are other ways we can change their minds, but I'm no sociologist or whatever, so I don't know.

Or, we can repeat what happened with Trump. Post our dankest memes until meme magic kicks in, the government are annihilated from the power of the dank, and everybody lives happily ever after with their waifus who now exist due to meme magic. C'mon, we only have like 5 days left now. Let the meme wars begin.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#13 Posted: 16:02:18 09/12/2017
Oh god, if they do this

i might just like stop living
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#14 Posted: 16:46:44 09/12/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Oh god, if they do this

i might just like stop living

Stay strong, brother. Together, we shall rise up against our corrupt government, and bring them down with the power of honour, glory, and steel.

We're warriors, warriors of the world. United.

(Seriously, if this goes through, I really hope there is major backlash for it. That would be a dick move that would make even Scrooge look generous, considering how important the internet has become)
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#15 Posted: 16:49:07 09/12/2017
Oh, if it does go through, backlash with be huge no doubt. In fact, I would even expect a few Marches in the states, specifically in D.C.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#16 Posted: 17:10:51 09/12/2017
Yeah, I hope so. Actions have consequences, and the bigger the action, the bigger the consequence. Or so it should be. I hope so.
---
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#17 Posted: 20:02:27 09/12/2017
If this goes through I hope the backlash is savage.

If it's anything but then we're all done. (And will be just as guilty as the people doing this, because we let them.)
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:03:30 09/12/2017 by cowpowa23
#18 Posted: 20:16:00 09/12/2017
If they decide the compromise it, then it wouldn't immediately be in effect, right? We'd have some time before it happens?

Again, yes, I hope that the backlash is brutal. I wouldn't let people walk all over me like that, I'd make sure my dislike is known. So I hope you do that, not let them take away something so important and not do anything about it.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#19 Posted: 20:25:23 09/12/2017
I'll still be here (unless Fine Gael decides to screw us over) but it won't be the same without you guys.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#20 Posted: 21:53:26 09/12/2017
It's going to pass. The question then becomes if the states will challenge it in federal court. I see this being very likely. Especially considering NYS Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is already investigating Ajit Pai and the FCC over the fact that a sizable number of the public comments were apparently left by bots, and stole other people's identities to do it.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#21 Posted: 22:15:21 09/12/2017
Quote: Seiki

No, Windumup's just causing more panic than need be. December 14th is when they're supposed to have a vote and debate about it.

She hasn't even posted in this topic, though. Unless OP is an alt account that I didn't know of?
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#22 Posted: 23:05:48 09/12/2017
Thanks for the clarification.
#23 Posted: 23:51:49 09/12/2017
Quote: Drawdler
1. because ISPs will make things worse gradually to coax us into making this a norm so many people won't notice how bad things become over gradual and gradual worsenings

This is a major problem particularly. We need to draw the line somewhere, not only stop to notice the major changes. Because then they'll keep bringing out small changes, ones we don't notice, until it eventually becomes one big change. One moment it could be a perfectly normal internet, the next you'll be having to put up with whatever **** they decide to pull, and you won't notice because "it was always like this".

But it's not, and never will be. Nothing is ever "just like this", for better or for worse, it changes. And we never notice unless we draw lines between these changes. We will need to draw many figurative lines, not just whenever something big happens. We need to focus on the small details to get the full picture.

So where do we draw the line? When will we collectively acknowledge that there are dicks out there trying to compromise something so important? Not to wait for them to suddenly run up to us and say "give us all your money", because that's not how they work. They won't run. They will walk, slowly and stealthily.

We need to draw a line. The question is, where?
---
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#24 Posted: 05:34:55 10/12/2017
Quote: Drawdler
The thing is, you guys are saying the backlash will be huge like the people who understand net neutrality haven't said anything or as if this will instantly change the Internet dramatically. I'm not saying there won't be backlash when prices end up super high, or that this fight is hopeless (I'll get back to that), but we've already seen a ****ton falling on deaf ears, and frankly I think a lot of people will just put up with whatever bull**** happens for two reasons:
1. because ISPs will make things worse gradually to coax us into making this a norm so many people won't notice how bad things become over gradual and gradual worsenings
2. and because many people in America simply wouldn't have a choice of another ISP (mind you, startups have been stomped down dead), so they would either be putting up with and funding ISP bull**** or voting with their wallet and losing access to all the Internet.

They're going to gradually make accessing it worse and see what they can get away with and what people say "isn't that bad" at the time. They're not going to suddenly make the entire internet slower unless you pay howevermuch more to get back to speeds that used to be standard and not have certain sites blocked. That would cause too much instant backlash, that would make everyone mad. So they know not to do that. It isn't some really deep marketing strategy, it's a thing companies have always done to try and get all the money. If things go down as I'm braced for- also, I want to emphasize that I'm assuming that for this entire post, and this is still speculation and possibilities no matter how much I expect it or how inevitable it may seem- we aren't going to have company-killing backlash as this **** is implemented if it's steady enough, we're going to have people looking back in ten years and noticing or wondering what the **** went wrong, but not putting up a fight because it'll just be a norm by then and there won't be all that much backlash and anger and unity of the people left. Partly people getting tired of the fight, partly people losing hope in it, partly because it'll just be something people are used to and accept even if it sucks.

I'll finish this post in a minute, sorry about that. I know I'm normally apathetic at most about political kinds of things, but this is something that affects the world, that personally affects me very much, that personally disgusts me by proving how much companies want *all the money* and that kind of thing gets people on top, something that is kind of depressing since... I'll get to that too, it's hard for me to talk about.
To top all of this off, my mom who had no idea Net Neutrality is a thing in any form basically said "yeah, it stinks... But we'll just pay fees if you need them and you'll be fine". Very different wording from her and not quite the gist, but I try to talk about this seriously with someone else I know in real life (aka, not someone who used to spend all of their free time on a forum about a dragon gay for a bandicoot and where I met my boyfriend), and as I was worried, their attitude is complacency. Complacency is killer.

^This 100%.

Honestly, this post completely sums up precisely what is going to happen with this entire Net Neutrality thing. I don't really have much else to add to it.

If you know anything about business/advertising (as I do, that's my field), then you should be aware of gradual introduction. Acclimatization, but in the form of a business/government.

Basically, America is the way America is because of the exact process that Drawdler just explained above. It isn't anything new, and people just accept it, because they don't think they have any choice, or something else comes along that they can focus their energy on. If its a new fee, they want that internet access, so they're going to pay for it. They'll slowly introduce things, so that there is very minimal fighting back.

On another note, it seems that Ajit Pai thinks that this somewhere along the lines became amusing to the general public.

Read this article about his The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon-esque sketch, featuring he himself, and a verizon chairman.

http://fortune.com/2017/12/09/...net-neutrality/

lol
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#25 Posted: 06:28:19 10/12/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Waaksian
Quote: Seiki

She hasn't even posted in this topic, though. Unless OP is an alt account that I didn't know of?

Quote: Sesshomaru75
OP is an alt.

Well the old account is no longer used
so not an alt if it's the main and only one used
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
#26 Posted: 15:41:23 10/12/2017
Well, at least small-time, fringe media groups on both sides of the political spectrum will be effectively neutered when Comcast, et al decide to bump their sites into the slow lane. >.>
---
#27 Posted: 02:08:51 12/12/2017
In case anybody missed this...

Skip to around 20:00 to see the hilariously out of place sketch.

That is Ajit Pai himself (the real guy), and Senior Vice President Kathleen Grillo from Verizon. Not kidding.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:20:53 12/12/2017 by BlackNight12
#28 Posted: 02:12:08 12/12/2017
Oh... two more days, I think. Two more days 'til the decision.
---
#29 Posted: 02:55:36 12/12/2017
72 Hours Remain
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#30 Posted: 03:03:08 12/12/2017
Well, it's been nice knowing you. I'll always remember the time I spent here, the memories I had.

Seriously though, I believe in y'all. That you'll stand up to whatever **** they pull, and not just put up with it. Draw the line and keep to it.
---
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#31 Posted: 15:57:05 12/12/2017
2 days to go and then it will be like we never existed :/
---
^ You all know it's true
#32 Posted: 17:14:59 12/12/2017
It should be worth noting that some of Comcast and Verizon's tweets about their "commitment to maintaining a fair and open internet" have, ahem, "mysteriously" vanished.
---
#33 Posted: 01:58:06 13/12/2017
They absolutely will vote to repeal the Net Neutrality rules that are in place.

So, they'll be spending the next year fighting lawsuits in the supreme court, trying to convince congress not to put a law in place to overturn that vote.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#34 Posted: 02:35:53 13/12/2017
Thought it was 14th where they send a bill to congress about their vote to remove Net Neutrality.

Idk I've been spreading the word all over the place before the 12th so seeing people (with much larger audiences) just now getting to it makes me think "you guys either have bad procrastination issues or you literally have minimal care" I understand it's 48-24 hour deadline, but still could've done something sooner instead of making it a close call.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#35 Posted: 03:57:19 13/12/2017
Quote: Trix Master 100
Thought it was 14th where they send a bill to congress about their vote to remove Net Neutrality.

Idk I've been spreading the word all over the place before the 12th so seeing people (with much larger audiences) just now getting to it makes me think "you guys either have bad procrastination issues or you literally have minimal care" I understand it's 48-24 hour deadline, but still could've done something sooner instead of making it a close call.

It is the 14th, but the FCC themselves are going to cast a vote whether or not to repeal the current Net Neutrality rules. If they vote to repeal them (which they will) then its over. Net Neutrality is officially repealed.

But, they will probably be sued instantly, then the debate will go to the supreme court, and big tech companies, states, citizens, etc., will petition congress to put a law in place to restrict the FCC from repealing the current rules, overturn their December 14th decision, and keep things as they are now.

More or less, this is what happened the first time they did this, minus the congress' involvement.

On that last part, you have to love how facebook, google, microsoft, etc., have not said a word on the matter, lol.

Really, it isn't going to make a difference, anyway.
---
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#36 Posted: 08:15:50 13/12/2017
Quote: BlackNight12
Quote: Trix Master 100

It is the 14th, but the FCC themselves are going to cast a vote whether or not to repeal the current Net Neutrality rules. If they vote to repeal them (which they will) then its over. Net Neutrality is officially repealed.

But, they will probably be sued instantly, then the debate will go to the supreme court, and big tech companies, states, citizens, etc., will petition congress to put a law in place to restrict the FCC from repealing the current rules, overturn their December 14th decision, and keep things as they are now.

More or less, this is what happened the first time they did this, minus the congress' involvement.

On that last part, you have to love how facebook, google, microsoft, etc., have not said a word on the matter, lol.

Really, it isn't going to make a difference, anyway.

Honestly I know what net neutrality is, thought they had to go through the thick process of congress still before they can actually act.

Actually I've seen a facebook message about it. Though I mostly noticed how Tumblr posts are being deleted about net neutrality because the site is owned by verizon and won't that technically be breaking a law? Since they are deleting a post that isn't really anything against the terms and conditions, it's more or less shutting a group of people up.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#37 Posted: 09:23:56 13/12/2017
Quote: Greeble

In that case, shouldn't we be having an orgy or something?
---
Boop me if you see this.
#38 Posted: 09:45:04 13/12/2017
Quote: Muffin Man
Quote: Greeble

In that case, shouldn't we be having an orgy or something?

um thats not what i expected the muffin man to say
---
#39 Posted: 09:50:16 13/12/2017
Well I just figured if we'll all be erased anyway, may as well take advantage of the lack of future consequences.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#40 Posted: 09:51:41 13/12/2017
Well I just figured if we'll all be erased anyway, may as well take advantage of the lack of future consequences.

my god

you're a genius

but wait, would it effect ds though? dark52 isnt from the states.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:52:35 13/12/2017 by parisruelz12
#41 Posted: 09:52:51 13/12/2017
It's also why I just ate three tubs of ice cream and a pizza.

Edit: Uh oh. I never considered that. I hope this ice cream and pizza doesn't go straight to my thighs...
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:54:15 13/12/2017 by Muffin Man
#42 Posted: 10:11:43 13/12/2017

Edit: Uh oh. I never considered that. I hope this ice cream and pizza doesn't go straight to my thighs...

your...thighs?

[User Posted Image]
---
#43 Posted: 10:17:58 13/12/2017
Squidward and I are kindred spirits.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#44 Posted: 12:02:09 13/12/2017 | Topic Creator

your...thighs?

[User Posted Image]

squidward was the original thicc
---
Pokemon Shiny Hunter
Gastrodon Fangirl
Currently dating someone
#45 Posted: 14:37:35 13/12/2017
It's funny how, if they impliment this, this will actually screw over the school system, who largely use computers

R.I.P My Education

2009-2017
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#46 Posted: 14:57:46 13/12/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
It's funny how, if they impliment this, this will actually screw over the school system, who largely use computers

R.I.P My Education

2009-2017

60 years from now:

"Grandpa, why don't schools teach us anything useful?"
"Well, kid, it started on December 14th, 2017..."
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me