darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 80 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#3951 Posted: 18:44:03 25/08/2018
Quote: Archae
Next up...Bianca! smilie

please!!
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#3952 Posted: 21:42:51 25/08/2018
I asked in the comments for a video "Miharu the Fox" uploaded what she thinks about Tom Kenny's new line delivery, and this is what she responded with:

"I think he's trying to give him a more youthful sound, to match his new model and playful animations. He doesn't quite want it to be the same as it was 20 years ago. I think it fits well."
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3953 Posted: 21:50:23 25/08/2018
....Ok, what's the relation that person has with the game? I think one of the main problems people keep pointing out when it comes to your subjects, is that you keep mentioning people from youtube or offsite that we really don't know or have no reason to pay attention to.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Grizzle Gold Sparx Gems: 2272
#3954 Posted: 22:02:30 25/08/2018
Quote: Bifrost
....Ok, what's the relation that person has with the game? I think one of the main problems people keep pointing out when it comes to your subjects, is that you keep mentioning people from youtube or offsite that we really don't know or have no reason to pay attention to.

she is part of the spyro youtube community along with CrystalFissure, Canadian Guy Eh and Jordan Fringe but she doesn't have as big a following currently
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3955 Posted: 22:33:08 25/08/2018
I don't really want to judge until we see the first cutscene. When he first arrives to Glimmer he should be annoyed, but perhaps the new adventure lightens his mood up a little? I don't know, don't think we should be so judgemental just yet because we've only seen one minute of the cutscene.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3956 Posted: 22:53:55 25/08/2018
Quote: Grizzle

she is part of the spyro youtube community along with CrystalFissure, Canadian Guy Eh and Jordan Fringe but she doesn't have as big a following currently

Still, it's just a cutscene. Seeing feedback on the demo of Gamescon or the b-rolls is one thing, but I don't see the necessity to know what every youtuber thinks of the redesigns.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#3957 Posted: 22:56:08 25/08/2018

Still, it's just a cutscene. Seeing feedback on the demo of Gamescon or the b-rolls is one thing, but I don't see the necessity to know what every youtuber thinks of the redesigns.

Because it's content and their subscribers want to know their opinions
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#3958 Posted: 23:33:30 25/08/2018

we ain't her subscribers
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#3959 Posted: 23:39:11 25/08/2018

#3960 Posted: 23:42:21 25/08/2018
Quote: Bionichute

we ain't her subscribers

Well clearly one of you are so that was incorrect
#3961 Posted: 01:57:33 26/08/2018
Whatever happened to the blue Avalar banners that Ripto replaced? Why are they now just plain and red? Are they just placeholders?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:05:05 26/08/2018 by Hardback247
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4275
#3962 Posted: 03:43:51 26/08/2018
I'm half-tempted to think they're just placeholders since early screenshots of Stone Hill had a similar flag situation going on?

April:
[User Posted Image]

More recent footage:
[User Posted Image]
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:45:08 26/08/2018 by Clank
Mouse Red Sparx Gems: 68
#3963 Posted: 10:34:03 26/08/2018
Quote: Clank
We're getting some Spyro 3 screenshots from Pez!

Sheila:
[User Posted Image]

Aw, man. They objectively did a wonderful job, but I'm not a fan of this redesign at all. I've always loved that Sheila had a simple enough design to appear androgynous; it suited her personality a lot more.
---
This swamp smells so sweet
The springtime trees are fragrant
I'm off to kick butt
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:34:43 26/08/2018 by Mouse
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#3964 Posted: 14:40:33 26/08/2018
I miss her bright green eyes
#3965 Posted: 15:56:20 26/08/2018
I think the Steve Irwin-esque jacket is perfect, and I'm getting a lot more used to the hair. I just hope they make her waist thicker; it doesn't look as bad in this screenshot but looking at her from the side in the gameplay we got reveals that it's about ten times worse than I thought.

[User Posted Image]

Part of me will always miss her more ambiguous and simple design, though.
---
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#3966 Posted: 18:31:08 26/08/2018
When a girl hops in with an itty bitty waist and a round thing in your face
---
Boop me if you see this.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#3967 Posted: 19:42:25 26/08/2018
Someone did some touch ups to Elora and she looks amazing
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm...id=x5mc9a7omjdr
She looks more alive
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:58:41 26/08/2018 by KingMed
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#3968 Posted: 19:45:07 26/08/2018
Quote: KingMed

I disagree. Looks bad.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#3969 Posted: 19:53:37 26/08/2018
She looks more alive

i like this one more
[User Posted Image]
#3970 Posted: 20:01:24 26/08/2018
She looks more alive

i like this one more
[User Posted Image]

I like it, but keep the official design's hair and facial coloring.

So basically give the fan made eyes to the official one.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#3971 Posted: 20:05:03 26/08/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog
She looks more alive

i like this one more
[User Posted Image]

I like it, but keep the official design's hair and facial coloring.

So basically give the fan made eyes to the official one.

I disagree.

Also I like the new design but I agree her face should be more human and that her hair looks awkward .
#3972 Posted: 22:31:07 26/08/2018
bad opinions all of you
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#3973 Posted: 22:34:59 26/08/2018
Quote: Bionichute
bad opinions all of you

and what are your opinions?
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#3974 Posted: 22:43:40 26/08/2018
Is it trendy to make an edit of every little character/level/whatever in Spyro Reignited Trilogy?
Gosh it getting so annoying!

If they can make it "better" then they should make their own game.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:44:25 26/08/2018 by XSparxX
#3975 Posted: 22:56:50 26/08/2018
Quote: XSparxX
Is it trendy to make an edit of every little character/level/whatever in Spyro Reignited Trilogy?

This is such a weak argument and it is tossed around so much and I find this annoying. There is absolutely nothing wrong with people giving a shot at their own take of things, and y'know what I like one of the edits better than the original, does that make me a bad fan? I think there are some movies I could improve does that mean I'm invalid in thinking that just because I don't have a studio? Or that I think the people who created the movie are worse than me?

You seem to hate criticism but look where it's gotten us, they have improved so many things, they aren't being 100% faithful and that's completely fine they're taking artistic liberties but some people don't like all of the changes and those people are allowed to dislike it, it's only when these criticisms turn to hate that they are invalid. I think you're letting this get to you way too much, let people have their critiques and criticisms it's their right
#3976 Posted: 23:19:25 26/08/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
I'm fine with constructive and calm criticisms and edits, but some of them that I've seen have shown that not everyone who makes me one has a good idea on how to "improve" something. (Despite how many of them think otherwise)

That said, the amount of editing I've seen the community as a whole do is somewhat ridiculous, I must admit. Haven''t ever seen nearly as much as this with any other game.

I agree but I think it's just because of how important this game is to them, so i can at least understand why they're being so critical ykno? Either way If I could draw or 3d model or photoshop I'd probably take a crack at my own edit or rendition just for the fun of it

I think my one big criticism is that the cutscene voice acting does seem off in that Spyro needs to start off more standoffish before developing a friendly relationship with everyone, I'm also not a fan of the baby dragons. But only a few things I dislike out of dozens that I do like is pretty good in my books so i hope they keep at it and doing good
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:17 26/08/2018 by Grizzle
#3977 Posted: 23:20:34 26/08/2018
Quote: XSparxX

have you never enjoyed fan art or
---
I'm off to kick butt
#3978 Posted: 23:30:09 26/08/2018
The concept art is really beautiful
[User Posted Image]

But, honestly? The design in game is just ugly. Again, the work they put into this entire game is something to be appreciated, but I just can't get behind the designs at all. They look like Dreamworks characters lol

I mean lmao

[User Posted Image]

I'll still play the hell out of it though!
---
I'm off to kick butt
#3979 Posted: 23:34:15 26/08/2018
IMO, they do look like Dreamworks characters, but in a good way.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#3980 Posted: 23:37:25 26/08/2018
Honestly not a fan of these fan edits, they are all worse than the original ones, IMO.

Yet to find one that I will say, "That's better than the official one."
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#3981 Posted: 23:47:37 26/08/2018
I should clarify, I don't think the designs are Dreamworks-esqe, but more so of the same quality when Dreamworks makes a good character design, like Toothless, Jack Frost, or Po.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#3982 Posted: 23:49:13 26/08/2018
The redesigns are fine. My only concern is will Toys for Bob implement music from the Greatest Hits version of Spyro 3 and maybe a cutscene before you fight the Sorceress.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#3983 Posted: 00:49:51 27/08/2018
In the words of Nicholas Kole... no matter how hard a team of 3D artists tries, they will never be able to recreate a design in a way that satisfies everyone. I personally think her new design is adorable, but different strokes for different folks as they say.

Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Honestly not a fan of these fan edits, they are all worse than the original ones, IMO.

Yet to find one that I will say, "That's better than the official one."

Yeah. Like... I saw an edit of the new Sheila design without hair and it honestly looks much worse. Made me sort of understand the choice to add it, even though I wish it were a hat or something instead.
---
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#3984 Posted: 01:06:52 27/08/2018
A lot of the problem with these edits is that, while some of them may look nice on a still image, the style they're done in would look really awkward when incorporated into an actual 3D space.

More often then not, things that look good in 2D just do not hold up as good when directly translated into 3D, and it's really hard to keep all three dimensions in mind when you're going a Photoshop edit to a single screenshot. (And that's not even touching the subject of model topology that would be needed for things to animate correctly)

Edits can be a really good way to clarify your general criticisms, as well as show a proof-of-concept of what you're talking about, but they're most certainly not a straight shot solution on par with, say, redline criticizing 2D artwork.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Skarlime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1117
#3985 Posted: 01:28:42 27/08/2018
I still prefer Sheila without hair and I wish her waist wasn't so tiny, but in my opinion, Elora looks perfect and WAY better than her PS1 counterpart, I wouldn't change anything about Reignited Elora. If there's a model from the PS1 trilogy that I never was attached to, that would be Elora's (though I've always loved her personality), and I see Reignited Elora as a huge improvement in every aspect, definitely. I also love that she is slightly more animal-like.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:36:06 27/08/2018 by Skarlime
#3986 Posted: 02:02:19 27/08/2018
Oh yeah Sheila's waist is all sorts of hecked up, but elora is perfect
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#3987 Posted: 03:31:02 27/08/2018
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Yeah, Sheila's waist is my only complaint about her design, tbh. :/ (I feel like it's one of the main reasons as to why her animations seem stiff)

I think her stiffness is less from her waist, and more from the fact that her tail, a really big, stand-out feature of her design, doesn't feel like it has proper drag, overlap, and follow though, leaving her tail tip always pointing up, rather then making a "arc" motion all the way though. While that may be true to real life kangaroo motion, her exaggerated cartoon anatomy makes her look unnaturally stiff.

There's also the fact that her platforming jump doesn't seem to show much "weight" once she touches the ground.
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#3988 Posted: 04:26:00 27/08/2018
I honestly love Elora's concept art design for reignited even more than her concept art for Insomniac aha. She looks better without the purple eye shadow and red lipstick to me aha. I think her game model looks fine, but I think the problem is that the change in colour from white to dark brown on her face needs to be far more gradual; I think that change will help a lot. Also her hair needs to be less clumpy. But other than that I like it <3

Sheila on the other hand.... oh boy. I'm sorry but I just don't dig it. I think its because I loved how Sheila was a girl without anything that stood out to make her look 'female' and could easily be mistaken for a boy. But then TFB seems like they just went 'oh she is a girl so she needs hair, eyelashes and an impossibly thin waist'. I'm fine with them adding clothing; I think a turban or a bandanna would have been cute, but just not the hair aha. It just doesn't click to me that it's Sheila anymore unlike the others. And the upper part of the body just doesn't seem to fit with the lower half. And I actually think that's the reason her animations also feel very off.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:42:48 27/08/2018 by DarkCynder_543
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#3989 Posted: 04:27:35 27/08/2018
A lot of artists are drawing the new Elora, some good some bad.

I like the new version, and the old one of course.

I just wonder what other characters will look like.

The Professor.

Sgt Byrd.

Agent 9.

Bianca.

The Sorceress.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#3990 Posted: 04:40:35 27/08/2018
I'm most excited for Bianca and Agent 9's designs <3

Oh I almost forgot, Hunter is perfect <3
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:40:56 27/08/2018 by DarkCynder_543
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3991 Posted: 06:51:57 27/08/2018
E L O R A

i love her
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#3992 Posted: 07:21:01 27/08/2018
I'm also not a fan of the baby dragons. But only a few things I dislike out of dozens that I do like is pretty good in my books so i hope they keep at it and doing good

I'm actually fairly confident the baby dragons aren't the finalised models.
It's like when we first saw the gem thief gnorc, he looks completely different in the first screenshot compared to a more current build.

First look.
[User Posted Image]

Updated look.
[User Posted Image]

I mean, I could be wrong (I probably am lol), but that's just what I'm thinking. I'm personally not a fan of some of the baby dragon designs, especially the Sanders model. Don't like how he doesn't have a chin, and all of their eyes are a little creepy.
We'll see what happens though! I won't be disappointed if this is how they'll look in game, however.

Quote: DarkCynder_543
Sheila on the other hand.... oh boy. I'm sorry but I just don't dig it. I think its because I loved how Sheila was a girl without anything that stood out to make her look 'female' and could easily be mistaken for a boy. But then TFB seems like they just went 'oh she is a girl so she needs hair, eyelashes and an impossibly thin waist'. I'm fine with them adding clothing; I think a turban or a bandanna would have been cute, but just not the hair aha. It just doesn't click to me that it's Sheila anymore unlike the others. And the upper part of the body just doesn't seem to fit with the lower half. And I actually think that's the reason her animations also feel very off.

100% agree with all of this.

Seriously. I'm not over the disproportion of her body. It's like they cut off a human top half and stitched it onto a kangaroo bottom half.
[User Posted Image]
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
First | Previous | Page 80 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me