darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Reignited Trilogy > Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION)
First | Previous | Page 59 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 105 106 107
Spyro Reignited Trilogy General Discussion Topic (NON-SPOILER VERSION) [STICKY]
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2901 Posted: 21:09:06 25/06/2018
Anyone think they should change the grenade enemies in Haunted Towers? Like, have them throw magic bombs instead of grenades, it really doesn't fit in with the rest of the level.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#2902 Posted: 21:10:16 25/06/2018
I keep forgetting about them, probably exactly for that reason.
Yeah, magic bombs or even fire ones would fit the theme more while still avoiding controversies.
Speaking of that, while Bombo’s design is most likely going to change a bit I’m confident his bombs won’t; they already look pretty magical as they are.

By the way, I absolutely agree about the recent lack of news.
Was thinking we would have kept getting more screenshots and concept arts after the two clips of Cliff Town and Lofty Castle, but even then they didn’t come directly from TfB nor the official accounts.

I’m convinced the 29th will be our next big day, if anthing because it’s already full of potentialities.

I did find a very short and generic interview uploaded today, but can’t find the YouTube link to post it here.
The most important thing is that they keep saying the game is coming out on the 21st of September and that fans’ feedback has been really helpful.
So they are still improving the remakes but there is no delay in sight.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:18:54 25/06/2018 by Drek95
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#2903 Posted: 21:25:57 25/06/2018
Not even about controversy, they're just amazingly jarring weapons for Dreamweavers as a whole.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
#2904 Posted: 21:37:10 25/06/2018
True, true.
Perhaps they wanted to make Gnorcs feel as if they are truly invading the world.

They usually rely either on weapons or technology, so making them use magic might have seemed weird, and bows or other ranged fantasy weapons might have not felt as threatening; it is the last Honeworld before Gnorc Gnexus, after all.
I’m really curious to see the Tin Soldiers as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:37:52 25/06/2018 by Drek95
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4289
#2905 Posted: 21:40:02 25/06/2018
Is this the interview?

It's been five days since we saw any new Spyro footage. I personally think they're waiting until after the 29th (giving Crash DLC + multiplatform the limelight), then we may get a reveal after? Just a theory.

please toys for bob i just wanna hear agent zero's weird tire screech again
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#2906 Posted: 21:49:40 25/06/2018
Yep, thanks for posting it!

I’ll die as soon as they show Summer Forest or Glimmer.
They have to showcase all the different abilities, if they are going for a trailer, and both levels offer great opportunities for swimming and climbing without spoilering later locations.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:56 25/06/2018 by Drek95
Hardback247 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1074
#2907 Posted: 23:04:59 25/06/2018
We're almost halfway through the amount of days between the first trailer, and the game's release date. You'd think we would have gotten some screenshots or footage from Ripto's Rage by now.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:05:53 25/06/2018 by Hardback247
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2908 Posted: 16:33:00 26/06/2018
Half of me is fed up with the "Show us Spyro 2!" clamouring everywhere (Spyro related) I go, because the original Spyro the Dragon is my favourite and I love all the attention it's getting. Also, I don't want people thinking that just because they whine about something it means they'll get it (I'm by no means saying everyone asking for Spyro 2 is whining but there are definitely some others coming off this way!). This goes with the fan feedback stuff as well: I was watching some gameplay yesterday but the ridiculously deep analysis kinda killed it for me. I can't believe people care about the colour of the rooftops so much!

The other half of me, does just want them to Show us Spyro 2! It will be cool to see, I guess, but I definitely don't have the same connection with it as with Spyro 1. I just want something to talk about besides the lack of Spyro 2 footage and the gun censorship thing.

Sorry for the negativity, I just despair sometimes. What my point is: at least you guys get to play the game, I don't even have a console that can!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#2909 Posted: 16:38:44 26/06/2018
Dunno, I'm asking for 2 content because we've seen enough from 1, everything else might spoil some nice surprises - maybe except showing a few more dragons and enemies.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Dazzy Gold Sparx Gems: 2476
#2910 Posted: 16:56:55 26/06/2018
Quote: yelvy
Half of me is fed up with the "Show us Spyro 2!" clamouring everywhere (Spyro related) I go, because the original Spyro the Dragon is my favourite and I love all the attention it's getting. Also, I don't want people thinking that just because they whine about something it means they'll get it (I'm by no means saying everyone asking for Spyro 2 is whining but there are definitely some others coming off this way!). This goes with the fan feedback stuff as well: I was watching some gameplay yesterday but the ridiculously deep analysis kinda killed it for me. I can't believe people care about the colour of the rooftops so much!

The other half of me, does just want them to Show us Spyro 2! It will be cool to see, I guess, but I definitely don't have the same connection with it as with Spyro 1. I just want something to talk about besides the lack of Spyro 2 footage and the gun censorship thing.

Sorry for the negativity, I just despair sometimes. What my point is: at least you guys get to play the game, I don't even have a console that can!

Very good post there.
---
Spyro The Dragon Rules
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2911 Posted: 17:06:50 26/06/2018
I don't really want to see any of Spyro 2 and 3, I want to be surprised when I get to play it myself. The release of the trilogy is only a few months away, not long really. And they have been generous enough to show off three levels to fans and let YouTubers record them, and by giving us concept art, and screenshots. I wouldn't mind them just showing off more of the first game, and then letting us be surprised later on.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#2912 Posted: 17:17:56 26/06/2018
In defense to a portion of what I consider to be nitpicks, I do find some of TfB’s choices odd.
Not because they make the game look different from the original, but because I simply can’t understand the idea behind them.

For example, Toasty’s rooftops being blue instead of red is somehing which I most likely won’t care about when playing the actual game, yet I can’t help but wonder why they changed them in the first place.
I don’t think they are the same models seen neither in Artisans nor Stone Hill (which they did change from blue to green), so I can only assume they thought they contrasted better with the sky.
Again, not complaining, just puzzled.

Speaking of small changes, I think making the fires inside Tree Top’s trees green would improve the atmosphere greately: the current warm lighting makes the interiors look too welcoming and comfortable, while in the originals they looked eerie and slightly unsettling.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:18:53 26/06/2018 by Drek95
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#2913 Posted: 18:28:50 26/06/2018
I'm with Bifrost on this one. Even though Spyro 1 is my favorite, I don't want to see everything from it. I'd love to be surprised when the game actually releases. My hope is they'll show a little bit of each game, so we get a taste of what's to come for each, but we'll have plenty to discover for ourselves.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#2914 Posted: 23:36:49 26/06/2018
Thanks Dazzy :3

Bifrost is right as well, of course. I suppose we've seen a lot from Spyro 1 now - if they're planning to show that much of Spyro 2+3 eventually...that might be too much. I'm a little behind on all the content we're getting (hence why I'm only getting around to the E3 stuff now) so that might've skewed my original post a little.

Like I said: if anything, a glimpse of a nostalgic level like Autumn Plains could finally turn the conversation away from the same three topics I can't escape ("Show us Spyro 2", gun censorship and that ridiculous nitpicking). I enjoy reading informed ideas, though! Drek, for example, you always seem to think your posts through perfectly. I agree that some of the changes are puzzling but to be honest I haven't played the originals enough to notice them.

Personally, I'll be eating up all the Reignited content I can get until I feel I've seen too much (of Spyro 1 especially). After that I'll probably vaguely browse any new gameplays or whatevers. Spyro 2 is a difficult one; I don't have the same love for it, so seeing Ripto 2018-style may actually make me more excited! Spyro 3 I'm treating like a brand new Spyro game: I've never played it, ever, so going blackout-mode on that one would be awesome.
#2915 Posted: 23:52:56 26/06/2018
We got all the way to Twilight Harbour, though the further it is from the start the less footage there is. When it comes to clear screenshots and art though, we're at Magic Crafters. I think that's plenty to give us a taste of the game, so there's time to show the first third of both 2 and 3 in time for launch.
---
#2916 Posted: 00:30:28 27/06/2018
Thanks, yelvy!
I try my best, even if it means editing the posts twelve times in two minutes. smilie

It’s hard not to watch every possible content released when you’ve been waiting almost 15 years for this thing to happen, but I’m not sure if I’ll keep up with the news if they stick to the first game for much longer.
Seeing something from the second game would not only feel refreshing and help creating more discussion and constructive criticism, but also show us the many big differences both sequels have.
I think Year of the Dragon could be the most skippable of the three (highly suggest to go in blind with it, yelvy, the experience will be even greater) since the only change consists in the different playable characters.

Personally it’s not even a matter of concern, as TfB has proven me to be more than qualified to handle the remakes, just pure curiosity for my what’s probably my favorite Spyro game.
Perhaps Friday we’ll know more.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#2917 Posted: 17:09:48 27/06/2018
New Jordan Fringe Video:

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:10:27 27/06/2018 by Hardback247
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#2918 Posted: 17:24:57 27/06/2018
Quote: Hardback247
New Jordan Fringe Video:

I mean, I'm not against having the OG music as an option.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#2919 Posted: 19:26:52 27/06/2018
Bubba is here!

https://twitter.com/SpyroTheDr...2601100288?s=19
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
spyroid101 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3793
#2920 Posted: 19:38:32 27/06/2018
Quote: spyroid101
[User Posted Image]

Here's the dragon bust paintings from the Toasty level that I managed to snag from some of the demo footage, if anyone's curious.

First tease of the Dream Weavers breed?

AH HAAAA! There's the answer to our mysterious dark blue dragon it seems! You can even see the shoulder armor!
---
My DA: http://spyroid101.deviantart.com/
DragonCave: http://dragcave.net/user/spyroid101
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/spyroid101?feature=mexp
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:42:12 27/06/2018 by spyroid101
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8542
#2921 Posted: 19:57:19 27/06/2018
Quote: yelvy

I think the reason why I really want to see Spyro 2 and 3 is that I want to see how the minigames control. I know people out there who love the N. Sane Trilogy, but they even felt like the jet-ski controls took a step backward. So I understand the impatience with just seeing Spyro 1 when this game is releasing in less than 3 months. I also understand the worry that some have that Spyro 2 and 3 won't feel right in that we've seen nothing from those two games. While I'm not fully cynical like some who think that TFB are hiding something, I definitely have that worry that skateboarding, trolley, submarines, etc. won't feel right
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:59:06 27/06/2018 by JCW555
#2922 Posted: 20:03:36 27/06/2018
As I kind of expected, Spyro Reignited Trilogy will be rated E10+.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:03:52 27/06/2018 by Hardback247
#2923 Posted: 22:42:49 27/06/2018
Elders went from being one of my biggest disappointments and complaints to one of my mostly anticipated features in less than one month, and I love this because now I feel like they are going to be just as memorable as the rest of the game.
I’m honestly convinced Nestor was improved since the last (and only) time we saw him, especially because we never got to see his animation and he looked pretty stiff and lifeless in the trailer.

Seriously though, I’m amazed by how they managed to keep Bubba’s color palette and features really close to his original design while making him fit his personality even more.

Misty Bog looks even better than the last time we got to see it in action, by the way, the sound effects really add up to the atmosphere.
More concept art for it or Bubba incoming from TfB?

This post makes me a bit sad though, because it almost seems like an excuse to not release something more in the near feature.
Like “wow, people are really counting on the 29th for something big!
Better give them this clip so they won’t be too disappointed”.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:49:33 27/06/2018 by Drek95
Tsutori Green Sparx Gems: 301
#2924 Posted: 00:19:44 28/06/2018
Ohhhh my god Bubba looks and sounds amazing. Definitely my favorite redesign so far. I'm looking forward to seeing the elders as much as I am the levels, at this point. I'm also laughing at how many people are calling Bubba "daddy" xD Never change, internet...

Also, looking back at that dragon portrait image... The maybe Dream Weaver in the middle looked weirdly familiar to me for some reason, and I couldn't tell why until just recently. His curved horns and facial structure remind me a bit of The Chronicler!
#2925 Posted: 00:45:25 28/06/2018
Here’s a short clip showcasing Spyro’s leaning animation:

https://mobile.twitter.com/The...398484581646337

I’m really glad they kept it, because it’s not quite a simple idle animations since it requires a certain action to be triggered; it shows TfB really put a lot of effort and attention in these remakes.
I still think Spyro’s wings need to be more lively in general, though, a bit of flapping wouldn’t hurt.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#2926 Posted: 12:52:48 28/06/2018
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

"We want the bara/scalie audience!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:00:31 28/06/2018 by Blackholes_Wolf
#2927 Posted: 13:11:23 28/06/2018
I mean, what else are you going to do with ~80 throaway characters that might never be used again but have to look interesting for 10 seconds?
---
#2928 Posted: 14:04:19 28/06/2018
https://mobile.twitter.com/Dar...279086562111488

This is such a sweet and old-school way to promote the game.
Makes me wish this was how they revealed it in the first place when the N. Sane Trilogy came out, would have been an original idea and the Internet would have probably exploded.

Perhaps they feared Spyro would have stolen Crash’s spotlight.
Still, this makes me hope for something new with tomorrow’s update even more.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:05:01 28/06/2018 by Drek95
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#2929 Posted: 15:20:15 28/06/2018
So apparently there's no Spyro trailer on the Switch version of N Sane Trilogy? I'm kinda distressed. I don't wanna buy the PS4 version only to be able to play it once when I borrow my friend's console, but if they wait a full year to release it on Switch, I'm almost certainly not going to be able to play it on my own home console by then (what on account of me slowly going blind; I can still play games now and should be able to in September, but by next summer...probably not :/ ).
#2930 Posted: 15:32:09 28/06/2018
Quote: Razz
So apparently there's no Spyro trailer on the Switch version of N Sane Trilogy? I'm kinda distressed. I don't wanna buy the PS4 version only to be able to play it once when I borrow my friend's console, but if they wait a full year to release it on Switch, I'm almost certainly not going to be able to play it on my own home console by then (what on account of me slowly going blind; I can still play games now and should be able to in September, but by next summer...probably not :/ ).

The Switch version likely won't take a year to release, there's no reason to wait that long at all, as there's no exclusivity. The Switch and PC versions should start around the end (A little before or after), of the PS4 and Xbox's development. We will probably see them release early next year, I'd assume January-March, possibly a little later, but that's unlikely. Just be patient by a few months.
---
#2931 Posted: 15:35:18 28/06/2018
There's also Xbox One, maybe there's a chance someone with that console could lend a hand? Being a kids' game, it's also a pretty good suggestion of a gift to one.
---
ECDT1089 Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#2932 Posted: 16:19:17 28/06/2018
lol I couldn’t resist

[User Posted Image]
#2933 Posted: 17:02:31 28/06/2018
Quote: ECDT1089
lol I couldn’t resist

[User Posted Image]

oh god what a handsome dragon
Clank Emerald Sparx Gems: 4289
#2934 Posted: 17:34:57 28/06/2018
Concept art of everyone's new dad, Bubba. https://twitter.com/ToysForBob...387460704161793

[User Posted Image]
---
"*runs around like a headless gnorc*" ~Jaggedstar©
#2935 Posted: 17:40:54 28/06/2018
"#HubbaBubba"

HMMMMMM
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2936 Posted: 17:44:15 28/06/2018
Ha! That's definitely Bubba in the painting in Nevin's castle!
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#2937 Posted: 19:30:56 28/06/2018
the beast makers designs have been great so far, tbh im more excited about seeing the peace keepers dragons than spyro 2 footage
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2938 Posted: 21:02:07 28/06/2018
That is an impressive design for someone who gets a few seconds of screen time. o_o
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#2939 Posted: 22:15:50 28/06/2018
I love how much personality they’re giving all these guys! Just imagine what they’re going to do with the characters who have bigger roles! :)

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Quote: Razz

The Switch version likely won't take a year to release, there's no reason to wait that long at all, as there's no exclusivity. The Switch and PC versions should start around the end (A little before or after), of the PS4 and Xbox's development. We will probably see them release early next year, I'd assume January-March, possibly a little later, but that's unlikely. Just be patient by a few months.

I certainly hope so. If I wasn’t literally, physically running out of time, patience wouldn’t be an issue. But, like I said, I’m going totally blind and there’s only going to be so long I can keep playing games. I really want to play this one before the chance is gone for good.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2940 Posted: 05:17:17 29/06/2018
if the dragons in the first game get this much personality, i wonder how they're gonna handle the baby dragons in spyro 3?
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#2941 Posted: 07:18:21 29/06/2018
ahhh eb games Australia just announced a special addition which includes a keyring, three cards and a steelcase.

Pretty neat but steelcases and cards were never my thing, so all I really like is the keyring xD

Has there been some special editions announced in other countries? Might get an overseas one if they have something better.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:19:33 29/06/2018 by DarkCynder_543
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#2942 Posted: 07:33:23 29/06/2018
I'm hoping that a UK retailer will sell the special edition. I bet the art cards will feature the remastered cover arts.
#2943 Posted: 08:26:29 29/06/2018
So, while there is no option for a Spyro trailer in the PC and Switch version of the N. Sane Trilogy, this might not mean all the hope is lost:

https://nintendosoup.com/rumor...impression=true

Chances are they just left it there to because it was easier for them to do so, but the fact the code is still labeled as “SpyroDemo” makes me think it will indeed unlock a trial version perhaps to promote the porting after the game will be out for PS4 and XBOX ONE.
Not to mention part of me is convinced the Reignited Trilogy will have something similar to further promote Crash’s remakes.

I also tried to use the original code in the PS4 version of the N. Sane Trilogy and it still shows the reveal trailer: what’s weird is that there’s no reason to have a dedicated button for the same purpose when the code still works, even though I get it for the other platforms which don’t have the same button combinations.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:27:24 29/06/2018 by Drek95
#2944 Posted: 13:27:50 29/06/2018
I'm thinking that we might get Ripto's Rage next week.
---
#2945 Posted: 13:35:46 29/06/2018
Bubba was designed by Nicholas Kole! Seems like he designed other characters too but only he is on the portfolio. Posting it here since I believe someone was asking for the artist behind the concept art.
---
#2946 Posted: 11:21:24 30/06/2018
I mean... Now that the game got a E10+ rating (and seeing how titles such as Shadow the Hedgehog or LEGO Star Wars got it as well), they might have more freedom in terms of weapons and violence.

If they did censor it for that reason and not for a matter of sensible topic.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
First | Previous | Page 59 of 107 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 105 106 107

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me