Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Starter Packs: By the Numbers
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 23:53:26 24/10/2016 | Topic Creator
So, who likes Starter Packs?

Your first introduction to the new game and the figures included go a long ways towards setting your first impressions.

So, a few fun facts (and one note: these numbers are based off of US releases - feel free to make any notations regarding overseas releases!):

There are a total of 68 game-compatible toys from inside of the starter packs from all six games.

[User Posted Image]

20 are "Core" figures.
2 Giants.
1 Mini.
7 SWAPpers.
4 Trap Masters.
8 Super Chargers.
7 Sensi.
9 Vehicles.
2 Items.
1 Trophy.
1 Mystery Chest.
3 Creation Crystals.
3 Traps.

SSA gave us 8 Starter Pack toys.
Giants, 9.
SWAP Force, 12.
Trap Team, 10.
Superchargers, a whopping 18!
Imaginators, 11.

To get all of these out of Starter Packs, you'd need to buy 24 packs, including three consoles (360 with SSA for Green Gill Grunt, Wii with Giants for Gnarly Tree Rex, and Wii U with SWAP Force for Metallic Wash Buckler).

15 of the toys are from the Life Element.
5 Air.
2 Dark.
3 Earth.
14 Fire.
6 Magic.
4 Tech.
4 Undead.
10 Water.
0 Light.
(and 5 non-elemental items).

5 versions of Stealth Elf across the starters.
4 Hot Streaks.
3 Spyros.
3 Wash Bucklers.

and one or two of everyone else.

And for funzies, 20 Dark variants.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:19:34 01/11/2016 by UncleBob
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#2 Posted: 04:03:39 25/10/2016
wait 2 of the starters are dark element? which 2? 2 of them are kaos element maybe you mean these?
funnybone Gold Sparx Gems: 2532
#3 Posted: 04:05:55 25/10/2016
Quote: Alphawolf
wait 2 of the starters are dark element? which 2? 2 of them are kaos element maybe you mean these?

Probs Dark Sea Shadow & The Dark Creation Crystal
---
Meh idk wut i am doing alive rn
Evolve Your Skylanders Adventure here!
#4 Posted: 12:51:11 25/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: funnybone
Quote: Alphawolf

Probs Dark Sea Shadow & The Dark Creation Crystal

Yup.

Quote: Drawdler
The Gnarly Tree Rex bundle came with a PS3 outside of America.

Yeah. I wanted to throw in overseas info, but I wasn't 100% sure. I *think* the only real differences in overseas starters is:

A.) The Giants bundle you mentioned.
B.) The GameStop version of the iOS Battlegrounds bundle wasn't released.
C.) The LG Battlegrounds bundle was released (including three random SSA single packs, possibly including the two uber-rare chase figures for the lucky ones).

Any other overseas differences for the starters?
#5 Posted: 22:04:42 25/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I was trying to get one of the modified Superchargers portals, but found out that Australia got the same one we did in the US. I figure I should be able to get one pretty cheap eventually.

On the 3DS side of things, the US Trap Team came with the blocky Gen1 portal while the EU releasr got the curvy SWAP Force portal. I am unsure if Superchargers 3DS came with a different portal in different regions.
#6 Posted: 22:46:52 25/10/2016 | Topic Creator
The XBOX One portals, if I am correct, differ from the 360 portals and are not even interchangable.

SC mobile did not have a new portal, I believe. Unless it was just like a different model number or something.

SSA for the PC had a unique portal - it was corded (Wii/PS were those wireless battery sucks) and worked on Wii/PS systems (unlike the 360 portal).

There are two Battlegrounds portals - the iOS bundle and the LG bundle. The cord on the LG bundle is *crazy* long.

SWAP Force and Trap Team have two 'sets' of portals. There are the standard ones, then there are the 'Dark' portals that have a darker color scheme to them.

An interesting thing to find out would be what SSA came with in Japan. SSA elsewhere all came with wireless portals, but they sucked (the life out of batteries!), and we got corded portals with future games. Japan got their releases after this, so they could have received corded or cordless portals.
#7 Posted: 04:38:41 26/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Started a new thread for the Portal breakdown. :D

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=133782
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me