darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Is anyone else worried about the story for Imaginators?
Page 1 of 1
Is anyone else worried about the story for Imaginators?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8246
#1 Posted: 15:56:39 18/08/2016 | Topic Creator
I didnt like the story for Trap Team one bit and LOVE Superchargers story. And now I'm worried we won't get another more mature story like SSC. From what we've seen its a lot typical TfB food jokes and its very upbeat tone. I don't mind that since SSC had them too but Imaginators doesn't look like it has any real serious moments so far. Granted we haven't seen much but the "Holy Guacamole" scene makes me worry a bit. It's clearly supposed to be a a more serious scenes bit the joke really hurts it IMO
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10026
#2 Posted: 15:58:07 18/08/2016
It all depends if they'll expand on the Ancients or related. If they got the memo that VV will run with any plot they can and alter it to their wishes, they should do that and just get the cool lore going. TT's saturday morning cartoon tone was cool but we don't have 40 villains to meet this time.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:58:44 18/08/2016 by Bifrost
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3 Posted: 17:12:41 18/08/2016
Hmmm... Well, I'm hoping they make the most of these 'Storyteller' Skylanders.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#4 Posted: 17:49:44 18/08/2016
Skylanders had a story previously in any of the games? News to me.

Every Skylander game has been "Oh we need information on XXX item, go here and find out" followed by "Oh we have to go here to get that item". Repeated 8 or 9 times. The cutscenes are superfluous and could be cut and pasted in any game of the series and fit in just fine.

I love Skylanders as much as the next person on here, but story isn't the reason why. One of the biggest complaints of the first game was unskippable cutscenes - not the sign of great storytelling.
#5 Posted: 17:55:26 18/08/2016
Wow man it's totally not like every game out there is this if you strip it down to the basics.
If the game didn't have a story cutscenes and dialogue wouldn't exist. I'm sure IGN mashing through them makes them assme it's "forgettable", but it only is if you don't care to begin with.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:56:29 18/08/2016 by Bifrost
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#6 Posted: 17:59:21 18/08/2016
Actually, I'm really excited about the story after that trailer. The Mind Magic stuff seems to be tapping into something I really love: Surreal monsters. Everything we've seen created by it, aside from Imaginators, have been great, and I really want to see more.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#7 Posted: 20:52:49 18/08/2016
I get how you want a SC like story. But it still wasn't that different to the previous games storylines, just that the middle had some more twists. It provided some more character depth, but it was still just about Kaos being a jerk and us trying to stop him.

there's nothing wrong with a simple storyline iether.

The " here's a villain..... Better defeat him!!!" Concept is classic and something most of us grew up in the 90's with stuff like mario, banjo kazooie etc. which is part of the reason I find skylanders unique coz there's not many games like thst these days.,

its also an understandable storyline for kids, and skylanders at its core is about being a family friendly all ages game. And this creation themed imaginators game is definately appealing to that family friendly/ fun area.
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
#8 Posted: 21:40:17 18/08/2016
I don't think Flynn even appeared until now in trailers and whatnot minus his Imaginator set, only Mags. I feel like TFB got the message that the character crossed a line after he started joking over Glumshanks almost facing gory death. Even if it wasn't directly about it, enough is enough.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:41:34 18/08/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#9 Posted: 21:46:01 18/08/2016
Honestly, the most that happened in Superchargers' story was that Glumshanks sacrificed himself, and that's about it. It got resolved really quickly.
I look forward to seeing what this game has in store.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#10 Posted: 21:48:24 18/08/2016
The difference in the story was that the characters were much more expressive in cutscenes. The idle talking animations had way more actions instead of just moving foward or crossing arms and babbling, and in the bigger cutscenes it was hard to see a moment with everyone standing around neutral.
We only saw the cutscenes in Sky Fortress and Wumpa Island for now, and they seem to not be at the same level, but very close.
---
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#11 Posted: 22:04:39 18/08/2016
Story was enhanced early on with Story Scrolls in the first few games.... SC had a great story but gameplay didn't really enhance that. I agree each entry feels more and more watered down in that department. It feels less tightly woven and now feels more like "anything goes"....so I'm officially discounting story altogether now. Unfortunate I think.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:04:56 18/08/2016 by TakeYourLemons
Pokelander Green Sparx Gems: 424
#12 Posted: 22:30:39 18/08/2016
I think the story has been on point from the beginning. I'm worried about the gameplay man. The skylanders make the game and if a character was not well thought out it will show.
#13 Posted: 23:14:18 18/08/2016
There's not been a hint of Flynn, and I've watched everything but Mushroom River since no one has clean footage for now. The writing isn't really any more childish, but the Storytellers have some weird dialogue that feels like they're not all there in the head, especially Jet-Vac.
---
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#14 Posted: 00:45:34 19/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
There's not been a hint of Flynn, and I've watched everything but Mushroom River since no one has clean footage for now. The writing isn't really any more childish, but the Storytellers have some weird dialogue that feels like they're not all there in the head, especially Jet-Vac.

Sky boy and girl have a full playthrough of Mushroom River up right now. It even includes HD footage of Starcast's Sky-Chi shrine cutscene
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#15 Posted: 00:52:08 19/08/2016
Looks like Flynn, if he is in the game, might just be at the Academy, and maybe for a story-based reason like his ship being destroyed.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#16 Posted: 01:00:29 19/08/2016
Quote: JohnnySmasher42

Sky boy and girl have a full playthrough of Mushroom River up right now. It even includes HD footage of Starcast's Sky-Chi shrine cutscene

I'll have a cringe coma before I get anywhere with it, considering my major gripes with LPing are people talking loudly over cutscenes and eating/breathing heavily on the mic, which they have PLENTY of. Would rather wait for Myskylanders or someone else to get better luck with footage than Flash TV who had theirs corrupted.

edit: Here's Flynn, right in the corner Well, he isn't in cutscenes for now, that's a lot to ask for.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:52:44 19/08/2016 by Bifrost
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#17 Posted: 03:26:55 19/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: JohnnySmasher42

I'll have a cringe coma before I get anywhere with it, considering my major gripes with LPing are people talking loudly over cutscenes and eating/breathing heavily on the mic, which they have PLENTY of. Would rather wait for Myskylanders or someone else to get better luck with footage than Flash TV who had theirs corrupted.

I'm with you, Bifrost...I hate most LPs for those reasons ( as well as another somewhat common thing with them...obnoxious sounding voices smilie ). Sky boy & girl are among the most annoying to me, I tried watching one of their vids and couldn't even make it a full 2 minutes before looking for another vid
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me