darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Guest stars every year now? Who do you want?
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Guest stars every year now? Who do you want?
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#1 Posted: 13:20:54 16/08/2016 | Topic Creator
So, ever since last years game the skylanders people have been introducing 2 guest stars to boost productivity. And with this knowledge we can say that guest stars have pretty good chances of coming into skylands, but who? Well my list sorts out like this.

Amiibos: I say it's about a 50/50 chance for these returning. We know that activision tried really hard to get bowser and donkey kong for super chargers and had ideas for others. But they have already used amiibos and might want new things.

Lego dimensions: ok, so you are probably thinking I'm crazy, well maybe. But with this game being increasingly popular and with familiar faces I think it could work. Either have a lego character as a mini skylander or make Skylanders out of Legos

Disney infinity: low chance, game is mostly dead, nuff said

Steven universe: before you all hate me, hear me out. I would LOVE to see these characters in skylands. With the show being fairly popular, but as much as I would love to see them I doudt it would happen but at this point I think anything is on the table.

So who do you think should get guest stars?
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:29:13 16/08/2016 by Skylandskid
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2 Posted: 13:22:42 16/08/2016
sonic

nuff said
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#3 Posted: 13:23:20 16/08/2016
Lego Dimensions beat us to sanic, so Kirby.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#4 Posted: 13:28:13 16/08/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Lego Dimensions beat us to sanic, so Kirby.

_____
[User Posted Image]
---
PMTgaming150 Gold Sparx Gems: 2238
#5 Posted: 13:38:47 16/08/2016
Yokai watch maybe? cough*Komasan*cough, I mean it's sort of Nintendo
there are many Yokai that would work and be fun as skylanders, and it's nice and kid-friendly with some older fans
And any other anime characters that would be cool would be too mature for this game

But for real Nintendo, I would also love Kirby or Kid icarus, Meta knight plz
---
MS paint DIO stares into your soul
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:40:03 16/08/2016 by PMTgaming150
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#6 Posted: 13:59:07 16/08/2016
I need Steven Universe characters in my life! If you check out my fan game in my signature I have some ideas
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#7 Posted: 14:01:34 16/08/2016
Quote: Drawdler
^ Ah, as much as I love SU, I just can't imagine the characters in Skylanders' style.

It would be amazing tho
---
#8 Posted: 14:02:26 16/08/2016
Forgot about him for a minute there :I probably still wouldn't happen though
Although I was thinking of other characters (Maka Albarn as dark sentinel)

EDIT: Man, whenever I reply to something, like five messages show up while I'm typing
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:03:33 16/08/2016 by PMTgaming150
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#9 Posted: 14:05:16 16/08/2016
In terms of amiibo, Kirby for sure, and maybe either Peach or Fox. Would say a Pokemon, but considering how uptight Game Freak is with Pokemon, don't see it as likely.
But, in terms of non-console exclusives, I honestly don't have much of an idea as there aren't too many multi-platform gaming series I can think of that could also appeal to kids.

But, I guess in terms of what I'd personally want to see...

I'd like to see Bayonetta as a guest star, even though it's never going to happen. She may not be too mature for Smash Bros., but Skylanders is a completely different story...
And I can also get behind Steven Universe characters, I guess, even though I don't think it's that likely. Plus it'd probably just result in a lot of salt on Tumblr (HOW DARE THEY TAKE THIS FLAWLESS CARTOON AND PUT IT INTO SKYLANDERS AHSJFHKS).

A Crystal Gems Edition Starter Pack is totally something I'd buy though.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#10 Posted: 14:07:32 16/08/2016
I'd prefer them in Lego Dimensions, but whatever NFC Garnet and Peridot figures happen are alright
---
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#11 Posted: 14:08:27 16/08/2016
We've had Nintendo Guest Stars, now Sony Guest Stars (yeah not totally Sony, but closer than any other company), next year perhaps Microsoft...

Who would you like to see that is a Microsoft (or at least strongly affiliated with MS) character?
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#12 Posted: 14:12:46 16/08/2016
My brother just suggested Banjo-Kazooie and I think that's a great idea!
He would probably be cross-console because MS bought him after he was on Nintendo
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#13 Posted: 14:13:09 16/08/2016
Quote: Portal___Master
We've had Nintendo Guest Stars, now Sony Guest Stars (yeah not totally Sony, but closer than any other company), next year perhaps Microsoft...

Who would you like to see that is a Microsoft (or at least strongly affiliated with MS) character?

CONKER!
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#14 Posted: 14:14:46 16/08/2016
Guest Stars should stay heroes of other platform games, not from tv series or jrpgs.

Sony exclusive : Ratchet&Clank and Captain Qwark
Microsoft: Banjoo and Kazooie
Nintendo: Yoshi and Kirby
Multiplatform: Rayman and Sonic
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
#15 Posted: 14:17:01 16/08/2016
Considering the last few mobile game, Globox stopped existing, but he'd be a great Water rep and there aren't many mascots out there who'd fit as much.
---
#16 Posted: 14:18:50 16/08/2016
Or Ly the fairy from Rayman 2, forever my fav character in Rayman.
---
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#17 Posted: 14:21:12 16/08/2016
I don't want them to be exclusive to any console
This is what I would like to see :

Steven universe :
Steven , garnet and level piece
Triple pack (Pearl , amphyst and lapis)

Sonic :
Sonic , Shadow and level piece
Triple pack ( Tails, amy and Silver )

Raving rabbidz
( Normal , Rayman and level

Ratchet and clank
(Ratchet , Clank and level)

Yugioh :
( Dark magican girl , Kuriboh and level )

Spyro :
(Spyro ( new design and move set ) , Hunter and level )
Triple pack ( Shela , Bentley or Elora and Sgt-bird )

The legend of Spyro :
( Cynder (New design ) , ignitus and level )

I have many more ideas
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:47:21 16/08/2016 by KingMed
#18 Posted: 14:24:19 16/08/2016
Some other examples are Conker, Yooka and Laylee , Sly Cooper, Jak&Daxter, Klonoa, Megaman, Pac-man, . smilie
---
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#19 Posted: 14:25:42 16/08/2016
Found my idea from a old topic back during superchargers:
Bad Hair Day Bayonetta
Phrase: none due to being a skymiibo
Attack 1: shoot gun ( bullets replaced with laser blasts )
Attack2: summon madama butterfly's fist
Attack 3: use witch time to speed up yourself and slow down enemies
Soul gem: use Panther within after holding down attack 3 and run in a circle to make umbra clock tower fall from the sky
Species: umbra witch
Appearance: same as in Bayonetta 2 but with diamond pattern on pants gone and cape of hair
Element: dark

So what do you guys think?
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:26:00 16/08/2016 by sprocketrocket
#20 Posted: 14:32:24 16/08/2016
Bayonetta not ****talking in a game is heresy, even if it's safe for work. Most likely her catchphrase would be something like "New hairdo, dead you!" from the games or "Let's dance, boys!".
---
#21 Posted: 14:53:28 16/08/2016
Again, as much as I'd like a Bayolander, it's not going to happen. Not because I feel like they couldn't make her work or censor her while still feeling like her true self... But because, to put in into perspective, Crash and Cortex's appearances in Imaginators are basically to advertise the Crash Bandicoot trilogy HD remakes. If they were to do this, it'd probably be to support or advertise for a Bayonetta 3, which would MOST DEFINITELY be a game parents would not want their kids playing.
---
Check this out! Please?
#22 Posted: 15:07:11 16/08/2016
Yeah, seriously, non kid friendly characters would not work, this includes Bayonetta, Marcus Phoenix, perhaps even Master Chief, but Master Chief wouldn't work either because he's "too" human, and humans as a SkyLander are rare, if any (Chill, Sprocket, Kaos, humanoids, but not quite human).

To seriously be considered a potential Microsoft SkyLander, the character would have to be kid friendly #1, and fit the SkyLander universe, and also of course be a MS video game character.

Mentioned above was the Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, imo, i think that would be a great fit, perhaps even Kameo since she already has powers and is elfish so not quite human.

I would say Blinx cuz he would definitely fit the SkyLanders universe, but he's soo obscure and hasnt been relevant since 2002.
---
smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:10:53 16/08/2016 by Portal___Master
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#23 Posted: 15:20:18 16/08/2016
I'm hoping for Kirby and Meta Knight as Air and Dark Skylmiibos.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:20:36 16/08/2016 by AmbushFan
#24 Posted: 15:24:01 16/08/2016
Cortex is a human AND from Earth, but he's so unrecognizable as such it doesn't even matter. What matters is the art style - it has to be cartoony to adjust properly. Just go look at The Wonderful 101, the changes for Wonder Bayo and the rest just look weird. But I was only talking of cachphrases, I'd want Kirby, Shantae or Banjo-Kazooie before any adult franchise.
---
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#25 Posted: 15:28:41 16/08/2016
Really wish Link was in this one as I wanted a sword and shield class...
But I'm going to say Shantae. I don't care if it's amiibo or Skylanders but I want a Shantae figure.
Barrysun Gold Sparx Gems: 2106
#26 Posted: 15:33:03 16/08/2016
let's see...
I would like to see Shantae (Magic) and Shovel knight (earth) someday.
#27 Posted: 15:33:33 16/08/2016
Shantae doesn't even need to be adapted since shs's super cartoonish and not fully human(at least outside of Pirate's Curse), even her abilities work for Skylanders. Primary is hair whip, secondary is transformation dance, tertiary is Pike Ball or whatever.
---
#28 Posted: 15:36:56 16/08/2016
Shantae would be excellent!!!
---
smilie
#29 Posted: 15:48:57 16/08/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Again, as much as I'd like a Bayolander, it's not going to happen. Not because I feel like they couldn't make her work or censor her while still feeling like her true self... But because, to put in into perspective, Crash and Cortex's appearances in Imaginators are basically to advertise the Crash Bandicoot trilogy HD remakes. If they were to do this, it'd probably be to support or advertise for a Bayonetta 3, which would MOST DEFINITELY be a game parents would not want their kids playing.

Kaos is a human so are cortex and eon....but portal masters have magical powers
#30 Posted: 15:58:47 16/08/2016
Quote: KingMed
Quote: AdamGregory03

Kaos is a human so are cortex and eon....but portal masters have magical powers

...My point wasn't that Bayonetta wouldn't be considered for the game because she's human.
My point was that Bayonetta wouldn't be considered because Skylanders is a family-friendly game.
And there's barely ANYTHING family-friendly about Bayonetta.
---
Check this out! Please?
Skylandskid Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#31 Posted: 16:16:10 16/08/2016 | Topic Creator
It seems every year w get two characters from the same company that hate each other.
Bowser and donkey kong being enemies as well as crash and cortex
---
rest in peace, Dreamcatcher
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#32 Posted: 16:20:56 16/08/2016
Portal___Master is probably correct that it's Microsoft next year. The only thing that they have that is both popular and kid friendly enough in my opinion is Minecraft. I've never played the game, so I don't know if they have set characters at all or if you just create one. But really if you think about it, it does make sense to have this cross over if they will make a Skylanders game with level creation for next years gimmick as some are predicting. I can see a cubic level and a pair of cube characters much like how there is the rather out of place 8-bit Mario Amiibo character for whatever games he works with on the Wii U.

Personally I can see them having a year with a ton of quest characters that never made it to a popular toys to life game. Hasbro has several franchises that would fit well enough in Skylanders. TMNT and MLP comes to mind. But they probably should call it something else entirely and say it's guest starring the crew from Skylanders Academy or something. A cartoon crossover game a bit like how Smash Brothers just mashes everything up and doesn't really make much sense in any Nintendo canon.

But really I rather just have Skylanders in my Skylanders games and not so much any crossovers. If there had to be one, then do a proper Spyro one as he seems pretty much like a quest character these days anyway. I'd like to see more of his friends and even a few of his villains.
---
Stay Cool!
#33 Posted: 16:23:47 16/08/2016
If it is Microsoft next year then I have a guarantee of playing with the guest star if there is one since I have Xbox one
---
#34 Posted: 16:51:47 16/08/2016
I think that there going to make popular charcters only to boost their sales and attract more fans
Bionichute Yellow Sparx Gems: 1889
#35 Posted: 17:19:35 16/08/2016
If it is Microsoft, I guess I'm not getting those characters.
---
I'M A KAMEN RIDER
//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=129460 Check out my Skylanders game idea!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#36 Posted: 17:30:00 16/08/2016
I am so on board for Rayman in Skylanders. He looks like a character who could have easily been in Skylanders from the beginning. In fact I wish he was the one who was used in the first place. Imagine in an alternate universe the game was Skylanders Rayman's Adventure. Now doesn't that sound like there would have been way less salt in the fandom?
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5355
#37 Posted: 17:46:54 16/08/2016
Sonic is who I want most, but I'd also love Rayman, Kirby, Yoshi, Banjo-Kazooie, and hell even Gex. Basically I just want them to keep adding characters from 90's platformers.
---
Boop me if you see this.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#38 Posted: 18:03:20 16/08/2016
Call me crazy, but Activision does own Blizzard, so seeing Overwatch characters isn't a horrible stretch.

Though realistically, yeah, more 90's platformers. Maybe even Conker if they make him wayyyyyy less inappropriate for kids
#39 Posted: 18:09:30 16/08/2016
Quote: GhostRoaster617
I am so on board for Rayman in Skylanders. He looks like a character who could have easily been in Skylanders from the beginning. In fact I wish he was the one who was used in the first place. Imagine in an alternate universe the game was Skylanders Rayman's Adventure. Now doesn't that sound like there would have been way less salt in the fandom?

And the spyro movie would have been completed
---
#40 Posted: 18:20:40 16/08/2016
Quote: Skylandskid
It seems every year w get two characters from the same company that hate each other.
Bowser and donkey kong being enemies as well as crash and cortex

Bowser and DK aren't really enemies towards each other though, like Crash and Cortex. Bowser and DK are enemies of Mario primarily, with the "new" DK being an "enemy" of Kremlings, though he really is the victim in the DK Country games.
---
smilie
anverc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1342
#41 Posted: 18:23:19 16/08/2016
Quote: PMTgaming150

But for real Nintendo, I would also love Kirby or Kid icarus, Meta knight plz

you mean Pit
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3399
#42 Posted: 19:09:40 16/08/2016
Who I want: Pokémon, Yokai, Sonic, other Nintendo stars

Who I don't want: Crystal Gems (I don't think TV characters have a chance. At least Pokémon and Yokai Watch began as video games)

Maybe in Lego Dimensions
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:12:24 16/08/2016 by SkylandrPurists
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#43 Posted: 19:49:54 16/08/2016
ugh another one of these cross over threads? when will it end?

Its very unlikely they will team up with nintendo again seeing as they finally dropped one of there systems, that plus the fact the cross overs failed cause it was only on nintendo systems all point to no more console exclusives, so that means anything and everything nintendo is off the table.

This also extended to all console exclusives, so no playstation only or xbox only characters, crash was the exception to the rule as activision owns crash so they can put him on whatever platform they want despite the original crash games being playstation only.

From here you got to look at what activision owns, call of duty, blizzard, destiny. none of them are fitting in the skylanders universe, none of them are kid friendly enough. So unless activision has the rights to some game we dont know about its highly unlikely they will own the rights to any future cross overs.

And that brings us back to the console exclusives. With activision not owning the rights to the characters they are at the mercy of the company that does, most likely they wont let console exclusive characters (ratchet and clank come to mind) show up on other platforms.

So in the end with activision not wanting another dk/bowser fail on there hands and them not owning the rights to anything else that will fit, it all points to no more cross overs unless activision or the company they partner with decide to go ageist there better judgement and do another cross over.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#44 Posted: 19:53:20 16/08/2016
Link.

He's an elven looking guy. he's got a variety of sword/bow/bomb attacks. he'd fit right in, and help promote BOTW next year.

and to top it all off, make his dark edition shadow link.

profit.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#45 Posted: 20:01:30 16/08/2016
Would love Pit (kid icarus) to be the next guest star.
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me