Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Idle Chatter > Transgender is a mental illness i think
Page 1 of 1
Transgender is a mental illness i think [CLOSED]
Bimle Ripto Gems: 135
#1 Posted: 00:20:49 28/05/2016 | Topic Creator
To me thats like if people believe they literally are a cat. Which is a real thing btw.
Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_dysphoria (Wrong link, changed to the correct one now)
But here is why i think so. According to this article by theguardian, people who take operations still doesnt recover from it. Basically suicide is highest among transgender/sexuals than anyone in terms of bisexuals, lesbians and homosexuals. And an operation doesnt help more or less according to this article.
http://www.theguardian.com/soc...th.mentalhealth

So in my personal opinion i consider it a mental disease. But i am just wondering your views on it?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:56:39 28/05/2016 by Bimle
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 00:25:05 28/05/2016
I am legitimately baffled at your choice of research and source choices.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#3 Posted: 00:25:11 28/05/2016
boy oh boy prepare for a storm son
---
self professed austGAYlian
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#4 Posted: 00:27:58 28/05/2016
[User Posted Image]

After the last two threads,that's all that I can think of.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#5 Posted: 00:36:57 28/05/2016
*insert obligatory 'dis gun b gud' meme here*
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#6 Posted: 01:16:42 28/05/2016
bimle i think u better stop
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#7 Posted: 02:01:32 28/05/2016
Ohhhh.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#8 Posted: 02:26:42 28/05/2016
bimle i trusted you and this is how you betray me
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#9 Posted: 02:40:09 28/05/2016
Well gender dysphoria is in the DSM. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#10 Posted: 06:16:25 28/05/2016
I feel like you're trying to start drama....
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#11 Posted: 07:42:01 28/05/2016
Please don't tell me you're comparing transgender people to otherkin. smilie
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#12 Posted: 09:08:34 28/05/2016
we /pol/ now?
#13 Posted: 09:08:57 28/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: StriderSwag
bimle i trusted you and this is how you betray me

My last dramatic question. But i dont mean to be a dramatic dwarf. But its better to let it all out as i say
Quote:
Please don't tell me you're comparing transgender people to otherkin. smilie

Well.. there is a thing called "Born in the wrong species" so... : I
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:10:49 28/05/2016 by Bimle
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#14 Posted: 09:53:56 28/05/2016
I'm wondering which topic will be more of a flame war: this one or "I hate ponies".
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
#15 Posted: 11:21:13 28/05/2016
"I hate ponies" is tongue-in-cheek. This is straight up inflammatory.
---
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#16 Posted: 11:38:04 28/05/2016
This should be deleted tbh.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#17 Posted: 12:28:22 28/05/2016
[User Posted Image]
- - -

But yeah, Arceus is right. I couldn't have said it better.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:49:17 28/05/2016 by LevanJess
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#18 Posted: 12:35:22 28/05/2016
i wouldn't use "mental illness" since people aren't gonna take that greatly
but to contribute, gender dysphoria itself could be considered a disorder but there isnt a straight up cure to it, transitioning into what gender they feel like is currently the best way to make that person happy in their own skin.

i used to have gender dysphoria as a kid and its a really awful thing to experience, hopefully there will be many more ways to address it in the future as knowledge increases about the subject

edit: even if this is bait, there's rarely discussion in idle chatter anyway, might as well utilize this topic before idle chatter goes back to having like 2 lurkers at tops
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:36:55 28/05/2016 by arceustheprime
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#19 Posted: 15:28:12 28/05/2016
are you trying to get riptod?
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#20 Posted: 16:04:17 28/05/2016
Get out, Bimle!
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
spyro fan 8 Ripto Gems: 2948
#21 Posted: 16:21:51 28/05/2016
Stay, Bimle!
#22 Posted: 21:19:42 28/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote:
However, using terminologies such as this, as well as how you've worded previous controversial subjects you've made, will probably lead to trouble at some point.
I'm not really asking you to censor your thoughts or opinions, just try not to push the envelope too far and realize that some of the things you say can lead to trouble.
Be a bit more careful with your selection of words and terminologies, as well as a bit less insensitive. (I'm not saying that was your intention, however)

I respect your opinion. But i think i may have made 3 controversial topics, either way the topics i made now are the only ones i am gonna make. Its all gonna be party and cakes after that. I wanna have love and tolerance here. I just had to get this out of the way. Either way, i respect your opinion and i agree using proper language and politeness is important in general so that one doesnt feel bad etc.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#23 Posted: 11:51:08 29/05/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Yeah, I don't think that this topic needs to be closed or that Bimle needs to be banned. That's just ridiculous.

Bimle just wanted to talk about a rather controversial subject in a civil manner, and wanted to hear other people's thoughts on the matter.
(Perhaps so that he could learn from it and become more informed?)
Now he did post a very controversial point of view in the OP, but he's been quite civil about it and hasn't been rude otherwise.
Despite the terminologies used in the OP being quite awful, along with the comparison to otherkin, I highly doubt that it was his intention to come off as rude or insensitive.

If someone made a similar topic but was being a major jackass about it, then I could understand closing the topic.
(And potentially suspending/banning the user depending on the severity of the situation)
But Bimle just has a controversial opinion and wants to hear other's thoughts, so there isn't any reason for him to be banned, let alone have the topic closed.

Especially when Idle Chatter rarely ever gets any interesting or thought-provoking topics.
And when the person who made the topic, despite having a controversial opinion, just wanted to have a civil debate and perhaps get more insight on the subject from it.

It doesn't matter how civil ones comes off as. If the intention is to cure transgender by forcing them to accept the genders they were born into, then this the one being civil about is still a malicious evil asshole. There are people born with gender dysphoria and they get mistaking for different genders whether or not they've anything about yet.

What we should do is support them, not bully or intimidate them. Why should they be treated as sub-human?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#24 Posted: 18:28:25 29/05/2016
I had typed out a very rude comment towards you because frankly, I despise anyone who thinks this way, even if they have no ill intentions, it's so uneducated. It's like....Do you really think so many people just have a mental illness that makes them identify as the opposite gender? Transgenderism is a lot like finding a career, some people want to be an engineer, some people want to be a doctor, it would be the same mindset if every male was a doctor and one day males started saying they wanted to be engineers, people would peg it as an illness

Do you think that if a guy likes a guy that's also a mental disease? Cuz we had it hardwired into our brains as children by media that that's the correct way? Or maybe it's just cuz people think differently about these things? It's like, if these people really had a choice on being gay or transgendered, they'd decide not to be because of all the ridicule and hatred they get, yknow why suicide rates are higher? it's because trans people and gay people get bullied for their preferences, do you really think they want that?

You realize if you were born into a world where transgenderism was accepted equally and properly you wouldn't have such opinions on this topic? it's only because it's so foreign to you that you think this way.

I just...I'm baffled by this and you need to stop making these topics because I am filled with rage by this and it's taking every ounce of my willpower to not tell you EXACTLY how I'm feeling right now
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
#25 Posted: 18:47:57 29/05/2016
Well don't Lunarz. A huge chunk of the world out there has stupid opinions, and trying to right everyone is useless and will just cause stress to oneself because the main thing is that these people don't want to know better, or ignorance is bliss, or they don't care about the subject to be aware of anything.
I know, I tried for far too long. I still try to discuss where there's an opportunity for learning,but most of the time, they're going in and out of the argument expecting to just waste their time and not put any brain into it.

It's not the case here, I mean the 'filled with rage, wishes you could be harsher' part. Bimble is very much trying to start a discussion, biggest left foot to start with in a Dark Spyro thread or not.

Didn't add much until now because with psychology I feel like I'm talking out of my ass most of the time. However, mental illness really isn't the best term especially if the person has already made their choice on gender and isn't having identity issues anymore.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:49:37 29/05/2016 by Bifrost
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 9982
#26 Posted: 05:03:24 30/05/2016
Quote: HIR

I may have misread some bits (so please correct me if I'm wrong or missed over something) but the DSM-5 doesn't really call it a disorder.

http://www.dsm5.org/documents/...act%20sheet.pdf

Under the "Need for Change" section it says:

"Replacing “disorder” with “dysphoria” in the diagnostic label is not only more appropriate and consistent with familiar clinical sexology terminology, it also removes the connotation that the patient is “disordered.” "

So, even though it's under the DSM, it's not necessarily considered a disorder? That's what I'm getting at at least.
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:07:24 30/05/2016 by Iceclaw
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#27 Posted: 21:38:56 31/05/2016
Quote: Iceclaw
Quote: HIR

I may have misread some bits (so please correct me if I'm wrong or missed over something) but the DSM-5 doesn't really call it a disorder.

http://www.dsm5.org/documents/...act%20sheet.pdf

Under the "Need for Change" section it says:

"Replacing “disorder” with “dysphoria” in the diagnostic label is not only more appropriate and consistent with familiar clinical sexology terminology, it also removes the connotation that the patient is “disordered.” "

So, even though it's under the DSM, it's not necessarily considered a disorder? That's what I'm getting at at least.

I personally don't think that way, but it can be used as an argument. Heck, sometimes the mismatch is medical in nature to begin with (e.g. 5-alpha-reductase deficiency). So you can't blame the human mind for a genetic mutation, in certain cases. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#28 Posted: 00:27:09 03/06/2016
The main difference between gender dysphoria and species dysphoria is that humans have the capacity of developing into either gender - for instance, some XY fetuses aren't affected by testosterone, causing them to develop (infertile) female genitalia. Of course, when it happens, it's a disorder - it's not what's supposed to happen, but it is certainly possible.

Developing into a different species, on the other hand, is completely impossible. You may be born with a tail or something that you're not supposed to have, or might be missing something, but you're still human.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
Alydol Ripto Gems: 1330
#29 Posted: 23:14:58 03/08/2016
Transgender= jerks
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#30 Posted: 23:18:01 03/08/2016
Quote: Alydol
Transgender= jerks

First of all, bumping an old thread by a banned troll... Srsly?

Second of all, that's a very unpopular opinion you got there! Might want to back down on that little bit of bigotry a little bit, okay!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#31 Posted: 23:22:14 03/08/2016
Quote: Alydol
Transgender= jerks

everywhere you look

there are idiots

and you just joined them
#32 Posted: 01:13:48 04/08/2016
"I'm never coming back"
"I'm coming back don't harass me"
"Hey I'm going to insult an actual significant portion of the users here"

Pick one.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me