Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > How do you feel about Captain America in the comics? (SPOILERS)
Page 1 of 1
How do you feel about Captain America in the comics? (SPOILERS) [CLOSED]
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8470
#1 Posted: 20:48:11 27/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Captain America is a Hydra agent.

I honestly don't care. He'll probably be back as the good Murican white guy in five issues when his story arc ends. People who are overreacting probably don't read comics yet pretend they know everything about how the business works. What does bother me is how DC Rebirth is a permanent change with the return of one of my favorite characters in it yet the temporary change overshadows it on social media. Another thing that bothers me is how people wanted him to get a boyfriend because why not yet got mad when he was announced to be a Hydra agent. People seemed to care about the time when Spiderman switched minds with Doctor Octopus or when James Gordon was Batman. You know why? Because nobody really reads comics these days. I remember when Ultimante universe Spiderman died and people were complaining thinking it was the 616 one. They don't know how critic a subject they don't read yet they pretend they do. Captain America being a Hydra agent doesn't affect most of the people complaining because they don't read comics, they watch the movies and shows. I promise you that he'll stay a Hydra agent for 6 issues and come back when Marvel Now launches with a new number 1 to sell.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:16:45 27/05/2016 by CAV
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#2 Posted: 20:50:01 27/05/2016
I don't read comics but shouldn't this count as a comic spoiler for those who didn't read it?

And it's totally being retconned and is just a way to grab headlines and drive up sales.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#3 Posted: 20:52:03 27/05/2016
*Dies from spoilers*

Argh, I guess that's what happens when you don't watch every film at the cinema smilie
#4 Posted: 20:53:00 27/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
I don't read comics but shouldn't this count as a comic spoiler for those who didn't read it?

And it's totally being retconned and is just a way to grab headlines and drive up sales.

It's not really a spoiler for this site. I'm sure people who want to read his comic already have it and those who don't read comics won't buy the trade paperback.
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#5 Posted: 21:00:50 27/05/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: yelvy
*Dies from spoilers*

Argh, I guess that's what happens when you don't watch every film at the cinema smilie

This isn't in the films, just the comics.

Phew, thank you! smilie
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#6 Posted: 21:03:31 27/05/2016
Repost from Unpopular Opinions:

Quote: StriderSwag
Kind of a regular opinion. It isn't unpopular, and it isn't really "popular" either, just one I wanna rant about. Spoilers for Steve Rogers: Captain America #1:

Making Cap a sleeper Hydra agent all along isn't just ruining his 75 year history, but its also extremely lazy storytelling. Realistically, Cap would NEVER be Hydra. That whole reveal was throwing nearly a century of heroism out the window for one stupid panel of shock value. The rest of the arc better be that its some alternate universe version of Cap or he's being mind controlled or SOMETHING, but if this is the Steve Rogers we're going to have going forward, I have no interest in it.

I'm not much of a DC fan, and but I did read Rebirth and I know who you're talking about. It's been like 3 years since this character has been in the spotlight, and it's kind of unfair that someone who's been missing from comics for a few years is overshadowed by a single panel of shock value.

Also, I feel like I'm in the minority of people when I say that "Cap Getting a Boyfriend" campaign is really stupid. We have no evidence of him being anything other than straight in the comics or the movies, so why the hell start now? Iceman, arguably one of the most beloved X-Men is gay now, so why make Cap?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:10:06 27/05/2016 by StriderSwag
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#7 Posted: 21:20:27 27/05/2016
Comic books will be comic books. They are about as inconsistent as they are stupid, but that's why I love them!
#8 Posted: 22:16:03 27/05/2016
Quote: somePerson

It's not really a spoiler for this site. I'm sure people who want to read his comic already have it and those who don't read comics won't buy the trade paperback.

What about those planning on it?
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#9 Posted: 22:18:42 27/05/2016
I'm a HYDRA agent so I approve.
#10 Posted: 22:30:19 27/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: somePerson

What about those planning on it?

Nobody here is planning on reading this comic. Nobody in this topic posted about being spoiled. The fact that Captain America being a traitor is gonna become a selling point for the comic series making this a very minor spoiler. It's not like this spoiler will make you cry or yell out loud anyways.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:08:22 27/05/2016 by somePerson
#11 Posted: 23:34:27 27/05/2016
Was it the selling point of the comic it was first made clear though?
#12 Posted: 23:54:26 27/05/2016
Was it the selling point of the comic it was first made clear though?

No it wasn't. In the comics, Cap has been aged and depowered for the last 2 years or so, and he gave the mantle and shield to Falcon. The main selling point for this comic was, and still mainly is, that Steve Rogers is back as Captain America.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#13 Posted: 02:32:46 28/05/2016
It sounds like the comic equivalent of clickbait. But I've never read a Marvel or DC comic, so what do I know? <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#14 Posted: 06:39:24 28/05/2016
Still not as dumb as Superior Spider-Man
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#15 Posted: 13:42:38 28/05/2016
I'm betting that all they'll do is make something really stupid happen then the story arc is up.

Option 1: A clone of Steve Rogers created by Hydra to make people think he was a double agent.
Option 2: A Skrull
Option 3: A Steve Rogers from an alternate universe
Option 4: A robot Steve Rogers

Those are my theories, but i'll go with clone.
---
^ You all know it's true
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#16 Posted: 15:57:21 28/05/2016
Quote: Greeble
I'm betting that all they'll do is make something really stupid happen then the story arc is up.

Option 1: A clone of Steve Rogers created by Hydra to make people think he was a double agent.

Reality could have been changed to make it that way too. They've done stuff like that.
#17 Posted: 16:03:44 28/05/2016
Quote: Rendar

Reality could have been changed to make it that way too. They've done stuff like that.

Well him getting his powers back was a major part of a story arc in which reality was changed, so it's not out of the question that it happened to Cap too.
#18 Posted: 16:09:59 28/05/2016 | Topic Creator
There's a good chance that he'll return as a good guy when the Marvel Now relaunches again which will happen in 4-5 months which would end volume 1.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:11:06 28/05/2016 by somePerson
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#19 Posted: 18:46:01 28/05/2016
Quote: Rendar

I actually missed that one :/

Damn you slow brain..
---
^ You all know it's true
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me