Page 1 of 1
Coincidence?
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#1 Posted: 17:51:22 30/04/2016 | Topic Creator
I recently started playing Spyro the Dragon smilie for the first time, and I heard that everybody hates Treetops. It's supposedly the hardest level in the series.

Anyway, today I finally reached Beast Makers. And guess what? Treetops won't load. smilie I know my disc is scratched, but it's weird since every level before that worked fine. I had a few loading issues in Magic Crafters, but pressing down on my Playstation seemed to fix it. This time, that doesn't seem to make any difference - not even resetting the console helps.

So I have a few questions to ask, and since this part of the forum is dead I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get any replies. But it's worth a try, right? smilie

1. What's so bad about Treetops?
2. Why won't it load?
3. Is there any way to fix this?
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#2 Posted: 18:02:19 30/04/2016
1. Treetops is a unique level which is pretty much just some Supercharge ramps around some small tree hollows. These Supercharge ramps are difficult to figure out where to go and how to use them in order to get to some high-up areas. You chase two thieves around this level, and they end up in these high-up areas, taunting you. Oh, and even if you figure out the route to get up there, you have to time your jumps and glides perfectly in order to actually make it up to the top. With practice, it becomes pretty easy, but the first time through, prepare to lose many, many lives.

2. I'm guessing it's because there's a small cutscene where the thief runs away right as the level is entered. Cutscenes are the first thing to go in PS1 games, so your disc is probably scratched right over it.

3. No clue. Are there even ways to fill in a scratch in a PS1 disc? When that happened to my copy of Croc 2 (couldn't get to the first boss since the cutscene froze) I had to get a new copy.
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#3 Posted: 18:15:52 30/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Oh man, not supercharge! I really struggled with that in High caves. >_<

Anyway, thanks for your help. Sounds like I need to do some serious disc-maintenance, or look online for another copy. Those aren't cheap, though.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#4 Posted: 01:27:28 01/05/2016
Consider a concentrated isopropyl alcohol wiping and see if you get anywhere.
Resurfacing the disc may get the streaks out but if there are any severe gashes, your only option may to be to purchase another copy altogether.
---
BREATHE AIR.
#5 Posted: 16:21:02 01/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Well, looks like my PS1 gave up the ghost today. And I was only halfway through the game!
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#6 Posted: 23:59:04 01/05/2016
What a shame. Do you have another console to play on?
---
BREATHE AIR.
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#7 Posted: 07:25:02 02/05/2016
If you have a PS3/4 you can always download it from the online store! That's how I play it now because I long lost the original PS1 disk.....
Hope you can get it back somehow, though! Sadly I don't know much about repairing things, so I'm sorry about that!

But yeah, Treetops sorta sucks. Jumping over large gaps onto small platforms while going at like 100 miles an hour? NO THANKS.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#8 Posted: 04:38:09 05/05/2016
Tree tops the first time around? Many lives lost. I hope you've been going after those extra lives. Tree tops the like millionth time around? Incredibly satisfying in my opinion. One of my favorite levels, now that I actually know what I'm doing. I enjoy the supercharges and incredible leaps.

So glad you're playing it for the first time! What a cool experience! Sorry about the trouble about your disc. I hope you find a solution. Since you own a copy of the game and a ps1, you could technically do the dreaded "E" word, if it comes down to that.
---
You gotta believe!
#9 Posted: 18:38:00 05/05/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
What a shame. Do you have another console to play on?

Unfortunately not ATM smilie Looking into getting a new Playstation, not sure which one yet. At least a PS2, since I wanna play ETD and TEN even if they're bad. I'll try again with my old PS1 though, but even then it will be sketchy.

Quote: Bolt
If you have a PS3/4 you can always download it from the online store! That's how I play it now because I long lost the original PS1 disk.....
Hope you can get it back somehow, though! Sadly I don't know much about repairing things, so I'm sorry about that!

But yeah, Treetops sorta sucks. Jumping over large gaps onto small platforms while going at like 100 miles an hour? NO THANKS.

Aww, I don't have a PS3/4 smilie (I've always been an Xbox gal, looking to change that smilie ) The disc is really bad though - my older siblings played it before me, and the scratches are so deep smilie

Quote: madison-dwrd
Tree tops the first time around? Many lives lost. I hope you've been going after those extra lives. Tree tops the like millionth time around? Incredibly satisfying in my opinion. One of my favorite levels, now that I actually know what I'm doing. I enjoy the supercharges and incredible leaps.

So glad you're playing it for the first time! What a cool experience! Sorry about the trouble about your disc. I hope you find a solution. Since you own a copy of the game and a ps1, you could technically do the dreaded "E" word, if it comes down to that.

What's the 'E' word? smilie

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the game so far. Supercharging is difficult, but I was starting to get the hang of it!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me