Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders/Pokemon Similarities [CLOSED]
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 02:30:24 15/04/2016 | Topic Creator
Just a topic for fun. Thought it would be neat to point out some similarities between Skylanders and Pokemon, whether through design, lore, concept, or you know, stuff like that. I already came up with a few:

Terrafin / Garchomp: Land sharks.
Chop Chop / Aegislash: Undead knights.
Stealth Elf / Shiftry: Forest ninjas.
Gill Grunt / Blastoise: Water guns.
Chill / Frosslass: Icy maidens.
Thumpback / Wailord: Whales... That's it...
Dreamcatcher / Darkrai: Dream demons.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 04:27:31 15/04/2016
as long as we all know that garchomp is vastly superior to terrafin

this topic should be fine
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#3 Posted: 10:13:39 15/04/2016
I never been so insulted in my life .

Portal Masters are supreme beings from another world , harnessing the power of the universe and emptying the oceans of gold to gather and transform an army statues into living beings sending them from one point of the universe to backward little world called Skylands using mystical portals all for the noble reason of defending it from the forces of evil .

Pokemon trainers are kiddies who trap and poach cute little monsters imprisoning them into claustrophobic tiny red and white balls . The only time a poor captured pokemon is set free is to force it to fight other captured pokemon .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:51:05 22/04/2016 by Dark fhoenix
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#4 Posted: 10:19:59 15/04/2016
Portal Masters can't control every god that crosses their path, pokéball power cap or not.
Also that is a huuuge misconception in Pokémon. A lot of stuff about the pokéballs is digital on later interpretations, so they're not stuffed in, just put into stasis and turned into,uh, physics defying energy. And there's a ton you can do with Pokémon other than battling, it's just that movies, jobs and anything but Rangers don't make for good game.
There's a ton more about Pokémon forming bonds over strength displays but it's expected of a kids' game.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 10:45:50 15/04/2016
Quote:
There's a ton more about Pokémon forming bonds over strength displays

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon described in 1973 in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors.
---
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#6 Posted: 11:20:26 15/04/2016
Suddenly Pokemon doesn't seem fun anymore...
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#7 Posted: 11:43:36 15/04/2016
Choose your starter Pokémon:

[User Posted Image]

I know Warnado is not Water but whatever... blue turtle with the word "war" in his name.
---
bye
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#8 Posted: 11:48:04 15/04/2016
Congratulations! Your Spry evolved into Spyro! smilie
#9 Posted: 12:35:57 15/04/2016
Quote: Dark fhoenix
Quote:

Stockholm syndrome, or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon described in 1973 in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors.

It's a videogame, not real life. A JRPG at that,where vicious bloody battles happen between friends all the time and they just throw some inspiring speech if someone gets too hurt and they suddenly get up again no worse for wear. I want to call it anime but the actual show manages to screw this up by having pokémon lose no matter how loyal and friendship or even in conditions they'd win in the game because the writers said so.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:37:11 15/04/2016 by Bifrost
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#10 Posted: 12:39:54 15/04/2016
Well, I've always seen the majority of the Pokémons to be more like animals unlike for example the most beastly Digimons or Skylanders.
Intelligent of course but not sentient.

But aside from that there indeed are interesting similarities:
Trail Blazer / Rapidash or Ponyta
Ghost Roaster / Haunter
Wrecking Ball / Caterpie
High Five / Yanmega

I also really enjoy looking for similarities with LoL's Champions, with one of my friends.
For example Nautilus looks like a cross between Thumpback and Dive-Clops and Blitzcrank reminds us of Jawbreaker.
Wish I knew more about them.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:29:15 23/04/2016 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8236
#11 Posted: 15:32:58 15/04/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Portal Masters can't control every god that crosses their path, pokéball power cap or not.
Also that is a huuuge misconception in Pokémon. A lot of stuff about the pokéballs is digital on later interpretations, so they're not stuffed in, just put into stasis and turned into,uh, physics defying energy. And there's a ton you can do with Pokémon other than battling, it's just that movies, jobs and anything but Rangers don't make for good game.
There's a ton more about Pokémon forming bonds over strength displays but it's expected of a kids' game.

Actually, when a Pokemon goes into a Pokeball they go to a little pokemon paradise made for them. They do turn into red energy though.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#12 Posted: 15:33:36 15/04/2016
Isn't that the PC Box?
---
#13 Posted: 15:37:08 15/04/2016
Isn't that the PC Box?

Nah its different. the PC box holds multiple Pokemon and all those Pokemon are together. So when I put my Sceptile and Lucario into my PC, they're in a certain kind of environment (City, Ocean, Sky, Field etc), they're together and any other Pokemon in that certain box.

Pokeballs are only for one Pokemon (obviously). So if I take my Sceptile out, he goes into his Pokeball and he goes to his own personal environment just for him.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#14 Posted: 17:03:57 15/04/2016
Quote:

It's a videogame, not real life. A JRPG at that,where vicious bloody battles happen between friends all the time and they just throw some inspiring speech if someone gets too hurt and they suddenly get up again no worse for wear. I want to call it anime but the actual show manages to screw this up by having pokémon lose no matter how loyal and friendship or even in conditions they'd win in the game because the writers said so.

Like in B&W, when Ash bottles the level five snivy with his pikachu, and still loses. Even if he couldn't use electric attacks, it would take about two tackles at most to knock out a level five snivy with no experience.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
Isn't that the PC Box?

Nah its different. the PC box holds multiple Pokemon and all those Pokemon are together. So when I put my Sceptile and Lucario into my PC, they're in a certain kind of environment (City, Ocean, Sky, Field etc), they're together and any other Pokemon in that certain box.

Pokeballs are only for one Pokemon (obviously). So if I take my Sceptile out, he goes into his Pokeball and he goes to his own personal environment just for him.

Where was this stated?
---
Dead
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#15 Posted: 17:04:51 15/04/2016
Weeruptor/Magby --> Eruptor/Magmar --> Hot Head/Magmortar

Slam Bam/Machamp - Four arms

Sunburn/Ho-Oh - Phoenix

Prism Break/Gigalith - Rocks with crystals

Lightning Rod/Thunderus - Both resemble the Japanese god Raijin.

Swarm/Beedrill - Bees/wasps with stingers

Hot Dog/Growlithe - Fire dogs

Wildfire/Pyroar - Fire lions

Chopper/Tyrunt - T-rex

Echo/Kingdra - Dragon-seahorse hybrids
#16 Posted: 22:17:32 15/04/2016
Look how mean Misty is . She poked poor pokemon Psi Duck .

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:19:26 15/04/2016 by Dark fhoenix
#17 Posted: 22:18:13 15/04/2016
Look how mean misty is . She pushed poor Psyduck on purpose .

[User Posted Image]

Ok, now your just trolling.
---
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#18 Posted: 23:47:03 15/04/2016
Alt-Decos = Shiny Pokemon

'nuff said.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#19 Posted: 00:50:09 16/04/2016
I pretty don't like to compare Skylanders with Pokémon, but i saw a video of someone did a Skylander themed Pokémon team.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#20 Posted: 01:09:13 16/04/2016
So here's all of the Fire Skylanders and their Pokemon comparisons. Keep in mind some of these are just me deeming them similar because they have lots of similar traits. Obviously if I explained it all I'd be here forever so just ask me questions when you finish reading.

Eruptor---Magmar
Ignitor---Escavalier
Sunburn---Moltres
Flameslinger---Fletchinder
Hot Head---Emboar
Hot Dog---Growlithe
Blast Zone---Magmortar
Fire Kraken---Victini
Smolderdash---Braixen
Fryno---Torkoal
Wildfire---Pyroar
Ka Boom---Darmanitan
Trail Blazer---Rapidash
Torch---Heatmor
Spitfire---Slugma
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#21 Posted: 03:51:17 16/04/2016
them main point is that garchomp is the best
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#22 Posted: 21:35:49 22/04/2016
Alt decos can't be shinies: Alts are WAY too common nowadays.
---
Soon.
#23 Posted: 21:53:21 22/04/2016
Quote: emeraldzoroark
Alt decos can't be shinies: Alts are WAY too common nowadays.

There's a shiny for every pokémon, there isn't one for every Skylander yet.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#24 Posted: 00:19:08 23/04/2016
Blastermind sort of reminds me of Mewtwo, with all the telekinesis and levitation stuff. I've also heard someone say (I think it was AG03) that Trap Team is similar to Pokemon, with the Trap Masters being Pokemon Trainers and the villains being the Pokemon. I mean, the main focus of the two are almost identical: you defeat an enemy, capture them, and then use their powers to fight for you.

Also, though this might be sort of off-topic, I really want a Pokemon Skymiibo for Sky 6. Charizard, Mewtwo, Pikachu or Meowth would be amazing to see.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Iganagor Emerald Sparx Gems: 3552
#25 Posted: 09:09:29 23/04/2016
I never been so 'meh' in my life.

Portal Masters are kids in a living room.

Pokemon trainers are kids walking around.

Fixed.
---
Summoning a STUNFISK
1. Go to a beach - 2. Fall flat on the ground - 3. Recite Stunfisks fart-cry
4. Flop 618 times - You have a STUNFISK!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:10:22 23/04/2016 by Iganagor
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#26 Posted: 11:43:45 24/04/2016
I never been so insulted in my life .

Portal Masters are supreme beings from another world , harnessing the power of the universe and emptying the oceans of gold to gather and transform an army statues into living beings sending them from one point of the universe to backward little world called Skylands using mystical portals all for the noble reason of defending it from the forces of evil .

Pokemon trainers are kiddies who trap and poach cute little monsters imprisoning them into claustrophobic tiny red and white balls . The only time a poor captured pokemon is set free is to force it to fight other captured pokemon .

I never been so insulted in MY life.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#27 Posted: 13:11:21 24/04/2016
Hex/Gothitelle
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#28 Posted: 17:50:38 25/04/2016
Some basic characteristics of booth games are somewhat similar, like...

• Booth are about monsters/creatures trapped into something (figures/balls). Not exactly but almost.
  • Booth have human masters, but they are not treated as slaves.
  • Booth games revolve around training, evolving and battling with your monsters as their master, but in different styles.
  • Booth games have types/elements that are stronger than others.
  • Booth have some type of system where you can trade your monsters with other players.
  • The Villain trapping mechanic really reminds me of Pokémon trapping. I know it's not exactly the same, but it's almost.

I think that that's it for now. I can remember of more later.
---
Bruh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me