darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning
First | Previous | Page 569 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 567 568 569 570 571 ... 634 635 636
Skylanders General Discussion Topic - Spoiler Warning [STICKY]
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#28401 Posted: 00:36:50 01/06/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Sorry if this is off-topic, but, say Spyro and Skylanders both die, and their is no revival.

What happens to this forum?

S&N will always be open, but this side of the forum will definitely die down. I will stay here, but I imagine a few will probably leave.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#28402 Posted: 00:38:39 01/06/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: Drek95

Just because he isn't under an embargo doesn't mean there isn't one at all.
They could have simply not invited the familiar faces because they truly wanted it to stay a secret until E3 like SkyFan suggested (I still think the Barbella picture itself might be more like a teaser rather than a proper leak) even for them.

But yeah, the figure itself might simply be an unused prototype.
Even though if that were the case we might still get brand new characters; who knows, the guy might have confused some statements.

But they have no reason to stay hidden. Even if Acti is horrible with marketing, they know a 2.0 announcement will just get some eyerolls from the general public; it'll convince fans and fans alone. To maximize on that they need to use the youtubers, and at least until they went silent, they were using them a LOT to get word of mouth going.

I didn't mean it's unused, I mean maybe some press was doing an office visit for something else and they happened to have the figures visible, remember Knight Light where they had the prototype on a shelf by accident and Skydad focused on that more than the actual office.

Oh, now I got it!
Yeah, that could also be very possible (kinda funny how Knight Light's prototype didn't generate as much hype back then, if I remember correctly) but then it would also make the whole Krakatoa and Void thing less credible.

I agree, a complete surprise at E3 would be great for us but not that good for the series itself.
Less than 2 weeks, now; I wonder on which day they would reveal it.

Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Sorry if this is off-topic, but, say Spyro and Skylanders both die, and their is no revival.

What happens to this forum?

Would definitely be less populated but still alive, I believe.

The older games are still a gold mine in terms of discussion and meta-playing (such as mods and texture hacks), and fan games could also bring new life: Spring Savanna, anyone?
Skylanders on the other hand would probably suffer from that a bit more, but there would still be at least Academy and the mobile game.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Zekrom Prime Blue Sparx Gems: 816
#28403 Posted: 01:54:45 01/06/2017
Welp I'm not going to be here till E3
So see you in a bit
Fingers crossed for 2.0!
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#28404 Posted: 03:05:30 01/06/2017
People expect answers, a yes or no on getting new content, but Activision might not even talk about Skylanders at all at E3. If they don't, would you take that as a "no, we are are not delivering more content for Imaginators", or will we continue searching during weeks and months for any detail that might point toward getting something?
---
bye
#28405 Posted: 09:25:42 01/06/2017
Quote: newkill
People expect answers, a yes or no on getting new content, but Activision might not even talk about Skylanders at all at E3. If they don't, would you take that as a "no, we are are not delivering more content for Imaginators", or will we continue searching during weeks and months for any detail that might point toward getting something?

No announcements at E3 would completely debunk the leak, and I'd personally take it as a negative answer regarding more Imaginators content.
Would still keep an eye out for GamesCom but with no expectation at all.

Of course future games are a completely different matter, but it would be weird if they missed this opportunity to bring back at least a bit of hype and curiosity.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#28406 Posted: 09:48:32 01/06/2017
I still have a bit of hope for the "Year 2" thing.
The leak can be true or false but that "Q4 Adventure Pack" in Activision 2016/2017 Schedule is a solid proof for me.
I don't think it's a mistake or something like this, if they don't intend to do new contents for Imaginators, why adding the "Q4 Adventure Pack" in the schedule?
I mean, they know something and PLANNED something for Imaginators, that's why they added it.
There's no point to write that if they aren't working on something ("LET'S ADD THE Q4 ADVENTURE PACK IN THE SCHEDULE EVEN IF WE AREN'T WORKING ON SOMETHING, LET'S CONFUSE PEOPLE LMAO")
Maybe we're going to get new levels and no characters (Chompy Mage Adventure Pack? Satanic Buckshot? And remember, all the crystals aren't released yet, but well, this might be a "yawn trap case" all over again)
And about the embargo, this "Year 2" is a small update. Not a new game.
There's no point to call every single youtubers (maybe they called a few of them? According to the leak and Instagram deleted photo.)
A E3 trailer + a trailer on youtube is enough. It's a "DLC/Update" and they want to do a surprise to the fans (or maybe I'm a bit too optimistic?)
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 10:00:08 01/06/2017 by Buuzer
#28407 Posted: 10:05:20 01/06/2017
I agree, the update is a big thing for us but wouldn't probably matter a lot in general anyways, not even with big press coverage and YouTube collaborations.
It would brobably be percieved as simply more toys to buy, except not announced since the beginning, this time.

And yeah, I still think the Q4 Adventure Pack is the most solid proof of Imaginators 2.0 we have so far: I understand it could have been scrapped by now but... Why add it in an official document, even if just for a general schedule?
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#28408 Posted: 11:53:17 01/06/2017
Most of you may not care but the person who took that pic with Kaos when the year 2 leak happened deleted her Instagram
#28409 Posted: 11:55:43 01/06/2017
Quote: SkyFan91
Most of you may not care but the person who took that pic with Kaos when the year 2 leak happened deleted her Instagram

It might not be related to the whole thing at all, but it's still a peculiar coincidence.
Could Activision have forced her to delete it, after the leak?

Highly doubt it, especially after all this time.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#28410 Posted: 11:57:28 01/06/2017

It might not be related to the whole thing at all, but it's still a peculiar coincidence.

I do know that se took the post down after Yroc reposted it and tagged her. She also went private but why would she delete her account? That's dumb
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#28411 Posted: 12:06:13 01/06/2017
Was a screenshot of that pic with Kaos taken by anyone here?

Thanks for the link. smilie
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:04:59 01/06/2017 by Portal___Master
#28412 Posted: 12:11:23 01/06/2017
Quote: Portal___Master
Was a screenshot of that pic with Kaos taken by anyone here?

Here https://www.instagram.com/p/BTxxqmKFZH8/?hl=en
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#28413 Posted: 12:14:41 01/06/2017
I almost forgot about the Q4 adventure pack.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#28414 Posted: 12:23:11 01/06/2017

I can see her profile and the picture with Kaos. She must have blocked you.
---
bye
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#28415 Posted: 12:26:19 01/06/2017

I do know that se took the post down after Yroc reposted it and tagged her. She also went private but why would she delete her account? That's dumb

https://www.instagram.com/omgalexvee/
Here you go and the photo is still online, not deleted Mmmh..
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:39:29 01/06/2017 by Buuzer
#28416 Posted: 12:30:17 01/06/2017

I can see her profile and the picture with Kaos. She must have blocked you.

She didn't block me. I would be able to visit her account and it would say no posts yet. When I go to a link to her account it says it doesn't exist
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#28417 Posted: 12:38:59 01/06/2017
Sorry if this is off-topic, but I'm gonna turn in my chromebook, so I'm going to be gone until sometime around 3:00

Hopefully some Skylanders news doesn't happen while I'm gone
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#28418 Posted: 13:20:10 01/06/2017
Quote: Buuzer
The leak can be true or false but that "Q4 Adventure Pack" in Activision 2016/2017 Schedule is a solid proof for me.
I don't think it's a mistake or something like this, if they don't intend to do new contents for Imaginators, why adding the "Q4 Adventure Pack" in the schedule?

Because Future Plans are for investors and not for gamers. There are several benign explanations. First of all, Activision/Blizzard has a long history of their Future Plan charts containing things that never see the light of day - and may vanish without an official word. Secondly, it might just be something to give the impression they aren't completely abandoning the franchise on console point blank, that sort of thing bothers investors to see a previously lucrative franchise just stop. Thirdly, it might be a typo or a mistake, these things are created by their management - not the developers, the group that put it together might not even the specific details (they might have just taken info on LIM and put Q4, which means by end of year, since they didn't have release details). Fourthly, it might have been an actual plan as this chart was made before Imaginators Switch and the latest figures were released to underwhelming sales.
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#28419 Posted: 14:51:12 01/06/2017
An all stars game would be great to keep us waiting
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#28420 Posted: 16:06:01 01/06/2017
Quote: Buuzer
I mean, they know something and PLANNED something for Imaginators, that's why they added it.
There's no point to write that if they aren't working on something ("LET'S ADD THE Q4 ADVENTURE PACK IN THE SCHEDULE EVEN IF WE AREN'T WORKING ON SOMETHING, LET'S CONFUSE PEOPLE LMAO")
Maybe we're going to get new levels and no characters (Chompy Mage Adventure Pack? Satanic Buckshot? And remember, all the crystals aren't released yet, but well, this might be a "yawn trap case" all over again)
And about the embargo, this "Year 2" is a small update. Not a new game.
There's no point to call every single youtubers (maybe they called a few of them? According to the leak and Instagram deleted photo.)
A E3 trailer + a trailer on youtube is enough. It's a "DLC/Update" and they want to do a surprise to the fans (or maybe I'm a bit too optimistic?)

Yeah, I agree on pretty much all points here. The Q4 adventure pack is enough to keep me hopeful for some kind of Year 2 release(s), but there's also no point in flying out Skylanders fans over DLC. Lego doesn't do that with their continued content (though they're also actively advertising on Twitter and Facebook and make fun trailers, all of which Activision sucks at). I've still got fingers crossed that we'll hear something about the Q4 pack during E3, even just to say they're working on it if they can't give details, but I'll continue to be hopeful about it even if we don't hear anything through the summer. If September goes by with still no info, then I'll change my tune.

Quote: KingMed
An all stars game would be great to keep us waiting

I wouldn't mind HD remakes of Spyro's Adventure and Giants, updated to allow the newer characters. And if those work well, they can monetize DLC patches for Swap Force through SuperChargers to allow forwards character compatibility (and maybe plan some updated Switch releases of those games).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:07:06 01/06/2017 by McMurderpaws
PitBoss88 Green Sparx Gems: 339
#28421 Posted: 20:25:39 01/06/2017
Not trying to create false hype or anything... but could this mean something?

Link: https://instagram.com/p/BUzn3-GFydu/
---
"Pray for your babies!" - this girl on youtube
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#28422 Posted: 20:28:58 01/06/2017
Quote: PitBoss88
Not trying to create false hype or anything... but could this mean something?

Link: https://instagram.com/p/BUzn3-GFydu/

[User Posted Image]

it's a dated meme, but other than that it has no purpose.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#28423 Posted: 20:30:11 01/06/2017
Yeah, screenshot from The Hole Truth as well, so not Season 2 teaser either.

Before anyone asks, I had to sift through 4 episodes' worth of screenshots that someone put on the wiki but had yet to assign to a gallery. I know way more about the locations of the show as of now than I want to.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:31:56 01/06/2017 by Bifrost
PitBoss88 Green Sparx Gems: 339
#28424 Posted: 20:33:30 01/06/2017
But also, the post that was "deleted" on Instagram with the girl next to Kaos was actually archived, and when I found it again and liked it, it was taken back down?
---
"Pray for your babies!" - this girl on youtube
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#28425 Posted: 20:35:49 01/06/2017
Robow is so OP !!
#28426 Posted: 21:09:15 01/06/2017
But also, the post that was "deleted" on Instagram with the girl next to Kaos was actually archived, and when I found it again and liked it, it was taken back down?

Wth really?
#28427 Posted: 23:17:41 01/06/2017

Wth really?

It's not too hard to guess why this is happening, I bet some Skylanders fans harrassed* her for answers.

*harassed is an exageration here but I can't think of a better word right now
---
bye
#28428 Posted: 23:25:53 01/06/2017

Wth really?

It's not too hard to guess why this is happening, I bet some Skylanders fans harrassed* her for answers.

Is pestered a better word?
#28429 Posted: 23:30:11 01/06/2017

Wth really?

Pretty exaggerated reaction though, uh?

She could have simply answered if nothing was truly going on, maybe she went there for a random visit or she posted a photo from a couple years ago.
Closing her account for that only rises more questions.

Unless she did answer but kept getting questions anyway.
That's also very possible.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#28430 Posted: 23:49:34 01/06/2017

Wth really?

Pretty exaggerated reaction though, uh?

She could have simply answered if nothing was truly going on, maybe she went there for a random visit or she posted a photo from a couple years ago.
Closing her account for that only rises more questions.

Unless she did answer but kept getting questions anyway.
That's also very possible.

She keeps going private then public
GaiaMemories Emerald Sparx Gems: 3753
#28431 Posted: 01:32:01 02/06/2017
I just "Standing By" for some information.

My life will be "Complete" when we find out if new stuff is coming.
---
Hahahahaha
DeadPortal Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#28432 Posted: 02:40:22 02/06/2017
I've always thought that anyone not an Imaginator or Sensei was underpowered, but I bought Star Strike today and she does pretty well. I'm happy. Also, my TRU is doing a buy one, get four sale on every figure pre-Imaginator. They had eleven shelves of Lightcore Hex's, which I thought was sad
---
My FanFiction

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/6264483/DeadPortal
goldenrushducks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1572
#28433 Posted: 06:33:43 02/06/2017
Hello can I ask a question? I'm wondering whether I should get the Wii U or switch version. I hear the Wii U has a racing mode (identical to superchargers, and new characters work?) also traps work (what do they do?) the switch has a new addition - Wendel from SSA 3DS, he keeps your toys digitally inside the game. Does the switch add anything else? (Graphics improvements, additions, etc.) I bought a switch almost a month ago. Which version is superior? Thanks.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#28434 Posted: 08:05:21 02/06/2017
Quote: Drawdler
... RO-BOW smells like vanilla.

really? again? with another AP character?.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
SpcePirateMnky Emerald Sparx Gems: 3021
#28435 Posted: 08:06:48 02/06/2017
I never played the Switch version, but from what I've heard the Wii U version sounds better, instantly because it has Racing in it. Traps are compatible with the Wii U, but all they do is give your Skylander around 600 gold, which only works once for every crystal. You can also use the crystals in Racing as a powerup to your vehicles just like Superchargers.

Really to me, the only advantage the Switch version has, from what I've heard, is that it's portable. That's it. But again, I never tried the Switch version so I may be biased.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#28436 Posted: 08:54:53 02/06/2017
Quote: Drawdler
... RO-BOW smells like vanilla.

My wild Storm dosent smell anything as someone mention him smelling like something
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#28437 Posted: 11:43:44 02/06/2017
Quote: goldenrushducks
Hello can I ask a question? I'm wondering whether I should get the Wii U or switch version. I hear the Wii U has a racing mode (identical to superchargers, and new characters work?) also traps work (what do they do?) the switch has a new addition - Wendel from SSA 3DS, he keeps your toys digitally inside the game. Does the switch add anything else? (Graphics improvements, additions, etc.) I bought a switch almost a month ago. Which version is superior? Thanks.

Wii U hands down. The Switch Version's loading times are unbearable, and the digital library is an absolute chore to slog through to find a specific character to play. I'd much rather sift though hundreds of physical figures than scrolling through the virtual library any day.

Also, replacing Racing with Wendel isn't much of a fair trade. He just stands there, making the area look extremely empty, and he's not voiced, making him really stand out against the other, fully voiced NPCs. Racing at least offers a change of pace if you're sick of regular gameplay. I think the graphics are slightly better, but the're forgivable in Wii U anyway so that's not really much of a plus.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#28438 Posted: 16:41:28 02/06/2017
My robow smells like vanilla too.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#28439 Posted: 19:59:06 02/06/2017
Random question - How old do you think Kaos is?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#28440 Posted: 20:33:53 02/06/2017
49 years
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:39:31 02/06/2017 by trixster68
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#28441 Posted: 20:38:52 02/06/2017
Kaos is over 20 easily. He's been implied several times to not be a minor, not to mention Mask of Power mentions his attacks on Skylands easily span over 5 years, not including those that happen over the course of several months.

His Academy counterpart is also said to be a legal adult more than once so I'd rather go with that than think of a teenager. Being a kid removes way too much from his character, as well as his prowess(that he never uses aside from that magitek chair and his lairs).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:40:39 02/06/2017 by Bifrost
#28442 Posted: 20:54:34 02/06/2017
Thanks to those who answered. My gut tells me switch because I like the idea of no portal. when you put a vehicle on the portal do you see the vehicle at all? Or does it only give you the chest. The Wii U version does the same for traps? That is it for the questions thanks.
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#28443 Posted: 21:04:34 02/06/2017
With the Switch version you tap the vehicles on the nfc touch point and the chest shows up in your vault. You then hold the vehicle over the touch point again to unlock the chest while on the vault screen. You never see the vehicles in game.

Traps on the Wii U I dont believe do anything other than get added to your collection screen. I havent played the Wii U version in a long time so someone else will have to clarify

Also, it may just be me, but I feel like you can get used to the load times on the switch. The portability makes up for the slightly longer load times. Which again, after playing this game for a while, Ive gotten completely used to.

The library is my one complaint with the Switch version of Imaginators though. If they at least gave you the option to zoom in and out and have more rows on the screen at once, I feel that might alleviate some peoples gripes with the library. Itd certainly calm me down.
#28444 Posted: 21:10:29 02/06/2017
The loading time issue with the Switch version was much alleviated after the last patch. I don't have the Wii U version to compare the two side-by-side, but it's within the realm of "reasonable" now.

I am unfortunately unsure of whether or not you "see" the vehicle when you put it on the portal or not on the Switch version.

The other console versions (Wii U included) have a collection screen that shows the 11 different elements (including Kaos) and a 12th entry for miscellaneous magic items. Traps and vehicles are shown here, as are racing trophies, level packs, magic items from the first 4 games, etc. I don't know off-hand if the Switch version has this or not.
#28445 Posted: 21:24:44 02/06/2017
Now that I think of it, I'll probably just get the Wii U version. The switch doesn't seem too nicely worked on. Especially scanning my hundreds of toys and then scrolling through the screen to play as one is mad. If I really want to get the switch I'll buy it pre owned. Thanks to all.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#28446 Posted: 21:27:39 02/06/2017
There's a limit of characters who can be in the menu at the same time, so you can't really have your entire collection at once on the menu. Doesn't help much in navigation, though.
---
Bruh
#28447 Posted: 21:42:16 02/06/2017
Quote: isaac343018s
The library is my one complaint with the Switch version of Imaginators though. If they at least gave you the option to zoom in and out and have more rows on the screen at once, I feel that might alleviate some peoples gripes with the library. It'd certainly calm me down.

Not to mention it needs the option to sort (by alphabetical order, level, generation, last played, etc) plus the option to search by name...

E.g., the sort of things I as an amateur could have cracked out in a couple hours, despite not having written a line of actual code in a decade. 9_9
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#28448 Posted: 21:50:37 02/06/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
Random question - How old do you think Kaos is?

I would say he's about 25-30 years old. It just seems that way.

We know Eon is over 100 years old since he's mentioned in a few backstories in SF.
---
Soon.
First | Previous | Page 569 of 636 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 567 568 569 570 571 ... 634 635 636

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me